It’s taken me a while to get around to posting this recipe. I debated posting it, not because they aren’t delicious but because they aren’t exactly the easiest thing to make. Ultimately the recipes I publish are the things that interest me and I would want to see if I were reading my blog. The problem with this is that not all of my recipes are particularly accessible or easy to make.
- 1 flax egg (1 T flax meal mixed with 3 T water)
- 2 T almond milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 T earth balance
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds removed (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can), rinsed well
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup xylitol (or other sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp stevia extract
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- heaping 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp butter extract (optional but adds a cake-batter flavour)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1. Mix flax egg and set aside.
- 2. combine almond milk and lemon juice and set aside.
- 3. Using an electric mixer beat earth balance until soft.
- 4. Add in coconut palm sugar and seeds from the vanilla bean).
- 5. Add in almond milk-lemon mixture.
- 6. Combine dry ingredients.
- 7. Add dry ingredients to wet and beat until well combined.
- 8. Using a spoon mix in flax egg.
- 9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 10. Place batter in fridge for 20-30 mins.
- 11. Take two pieces of wax paper and spray or pat with coconut oil.
- 12. Place dough on 1 sheet of wax paper and cover with the other sheet.
- 13. Using a rolling pin roll out until dough is a 1/4 inch thick.
- 14. Use animal cut-outs to shape cookies and place on a parchment or silicone-lined tray.
- 15. Bake for 10 mins (turning once halfway through). Watch carefully as they may be done before then depending on your oven.
- 16. Repeat for each tray.
- 1. Blend all ingredients (except sprinkles) in a food processor until very, very smooth.
- 2. Add in sprinkles and pulse several times to combine.
- 3. Store in fridge for several days.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!