Anyone else dying from this heat? Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE summer but this heat is really getting to me. I truly do not understand how humanity was able to survive centuries with no A/C.
Even my early morning runs are a challenge. Despite getting up before the sun is blistering I still end up a sweaty mess. Until I take a cold shower and wash down an ice cold smoothie I am literally glistening. Even still, my face is beet-red for a solid 2 hours afterwards.
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 can of lite coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 2 T agave nectar
- 6-10 drops liquid stevia (or more agave)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add chopped carrots.
- 2. Boil carrots on high for 10 mins (or until soft)
- 3. Strain carrots and let cool for 10 mins.
- 4. Add to a food processor or blender and process until broken down (may not be completely smooth but will reach this consistency once you add coconut milk).
- 5. Add coconut milk and process for another minute until well combined.
- 6. Add in spices and sweetener and continue processing until mixture is completely smooth. Stir in coconut flakes
- 7. Add mixture to popsicle molds. There may be a bit left over depending on the size of your carrots.
- 8. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- 9. You may need to run the popsicle mold until hot water for a minute to release the popsicle.