I have a love-hate relationship with muffin/cupcake liners. I have an obsessive need to eat food to the last bite and it drives me crazy that a very small amount of muffin crumbs end up stuck to the liner. You better bet I find a way to eat it. Yes, I’m that person… Alternatively I could not use a liner and then have to clean the muffin tin. A constant battle between uneaten food and dishwashing. Please tell me I’m not the only one who has this problem…
- 1 cup GF oat flour (ground rolled oats)
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (or other dry sweetener)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I used enjoy life mini chocolate chips)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Line muffin tin or spray with non-stick spray.
- 3. Mix together all dry ingredients.
- 4. In a separate bowl beat egg and add in other wet ingredients.
- 5. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir to combine.
- 6. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 7. Fill muffin cups 2/3-3/4 full.
- 8. Bake for 20-25 minutes (mine took 24 mins).
- 9. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 mins in tin.
- 10. Remove from tin and place on wire rack to cool completely.