Today I am so excited to have Selena from The Nutritious Kitchen guest posting for me! I discovered Selena’s blog through Instagram and could not believe all the delicious recipes she was posting. Not only is she incredibly talented in the kitchen but she also takes beautiful pictures. Her recipes quite literally make me drool! As much as I want to keep all of her recipes to myself (healthy peanut butter cup cookies hellooooo), I just knew I had to share them with all of you.
So without further ado, take it away Selena!
Hey everyone! I’m Selena and I am the blogger behind The Nutritious Kitchen! I have a huge passion for making foods we all love, healthy and beneficial to our body.
I am an avid fitness junkie and baker. Currently I am a student working towards a degree in nutritional science and have been using my knowledge in school to apply to the recipes I concoct in the kitchen!
Davida asked me to guest post for you all and I grew with excitement the day she emailed me! Her blog has been an inspiration to me for awhile, even before I started blogging, so I knew I wanted to share something extra delish.
I should probably start off this post by saying, I hate donuts. Yes, it’s true. Even when I was a kid the idea of donuts just made me sick. They always seemed to have a dry taste and were never capable of satisfying my sweet tooth, like say a rich chocolatey cake does.
So as I have become much more experimental in the kitchen as I’ve grown older, the idea of donuts have appealed to me. Not the krispy kreme, give-me-a-headache kind of donuts. Something rich, satisfying and of course, healthy.
Quite the challenge to be honest. But I naturally forced myself to buy a donut pan and here we are. I now love donuts. Yes, the hatred turned into a love. These coconut flavored donuts I decided to share with you have an amazing cakey texture while the raspberry “frosting” made from greek yogurt, balances out the cakeness with a freshness. They aren’t super filling and they easily will satisfy your donut craving.
All the ingredients are natural as well as gluten free! This recipe only made me more excited for all the donut recipes that are to come. I’m thinking a snicker-doodle type next time, so stay tuned
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch (or potato starch)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp date sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup Chobani Yogurt
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Combine dry donut ingredients and wet donut ingredients in separate bowls. Then combine them until a dough like texture is formed.
- 3. Spread out your dough evenly into six donut holes or into your donut maker. 4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, then let cool on a cooling rack.
- 5. To make the glaze, mix together the raspberry preserves and greek yogurt.
- 6. Once the donuts have completely cooled (about 15 minutes) dip the top of donuts into frosting, or spread onto donuts with a knife.
- 7. Eat and enjoy!!