Remember that time I posted my Baba Ghanoush recipe a week early for Amy’s veggie of the month link-up? Turns out I am terrible at reading instructions. I’d like to believe it was my way of reminding you to go pick up your strawberries and eggplants in prep for the link-up, but really I just don’t know how to read.
I’m so excited to see what everyone else does with their strawberries and eggplants for Amy’s Fruit and Veggie of the Month Link-Up. Gotta use up the rest of the strawberries before they go bad!
- 1 flax egg (1 T ground flaxseed mixed with 3 T of water)
- 2 cups of oats (GF oats if necessary)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup lite coconut milk (almond milk will also work)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T honey
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped
- For the chia jam*:
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup of strawberries, chopped
- 2 T chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a medium sized baking dish with non-stick spray or coconut oil.
- Make flax egg and set aside for 5 mins.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add coconut milk, vanilla and honey to dry mixture.
- Stir in flax egg.
- Add strawberries and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 40 mins.
- Serve immediately and top with strawberry chia jam or store in fridge.
- Bring water to a boil and add xylitol.
- Allow honey to dissolve.
- Once dissolved pour half of water-honey mixture into a blender with the strawberries. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in chia seeds.
- Let sit in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!