Currently sitting on a train from Montreal to Toronto. I used to take this train all the time when I was in school in Montreal but haven’t taken it in quite some time. I also used to love it. It was 6 hours of either non-stop school-work or non-stop TV marathons depending on my mood and level of motivation. Optimally I would be watching Kardashians or Homeland right now but I forgot my headphones and I don’t think anyone cares to hear Kim K yapping in their ear. Since the alternative is school-work (which clearly I do not have) I figured I’d blog away instead.
I’ll be honest I’m feeling a bit down right now. Goodbyes SUCK. I mean I am used to them but they still put me in the dumps for a few days i.e. currently eating a snickers bar and quivering at the thunderstorm happening out the window. But, instead of wallowing in my sorrow as I typically would I thought I would take a little advice from my friend Amanda and choose happiness. How do I plan on doing this you ask? Well I am going to write a list of all of things I am grateful for. At this point if you don’t care you should probably scroll down to the bottom of this post for the best cookie recipe I have ever made-and yes, I stand by that statement completely.
1. My family. We are one crazy and dysfunctional bunch but I wouldn’t trade you in for the world!
2. My boyfriend. How did I get so lucky?
3. My health. I’ve seen far too many times how quickly your health can be taken away. I am grateful for my ability to move and be a contributing member of society.
4. Finding my passion. I love to bake. I am thankful to truly love doing something and to have a means to relieve all of my stupid built up stress!
5. My job. It certainly is not my passion, but I appreciate being employed and working in a field where I know I am making a difference.
6. YOU. Seriously to every single one of you who comments or reads, makes a recipe or has given me any feedback on the blog, I cannot express my gratitude. Also you read my list which gives you 10+points!
7. These cookies. They are glutenous and sugar-filled and loaded up on butter. Wouldn’t have it any other way
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of AP flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Cream together butter and sugars.
- 3. Add in egg and vanilla.
- 4. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- 5. In batches add the dry mix to the wet mix.
- 6. Once fully combined stir in dried blueberries and white chocolate chips.
- 7. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- 8. Roll out dough into balls and flatten lightly.
- 9. Bake for 12 mins or until edges are browning.
- 10. Remove from oven and let cool on tray for 5 mins.
- 11. Remove from tray and let cool completely on a wire rack.
So tell me, what are you grateful for?