No surprise here, apple pie reminds me of Thanksgiving. I have some issues with Thanksgiving though, and I intend to spend the rest of this post venting about them. Yes, I am using these delicious bites of goodness as an excuse to release my frustrations. If you have a problem with it I suggest you scroll down to the recipe instead.
Moral of the story is that this weekend I will NOT be celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving. In fact I plan on raiding the nearest Trader Joe’s on my weekend escape to Minneapolis. End scene.
Apple Pie Bites
Prep Time: 10 mins
Keywords: no-bake dessert snack gluten-free vegan apples ball
Ingredients (Yields: 20 balls)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup dried apple rings, chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Add dates and apple rings to a food processor and process until pea-sized.
2. Add in cashews and process until dates, apple rings and cashews come together in a sticky ball.
3. Break up the ball with your hands and add in the oats, spices and salt.
4. Continue processing until all ingredients are well combined and have a sticky consistency.
5. Roll into 20 or so balls.
6. Store in fridge or freezer.