I hate to admit this, but I’ve always been a trend-follower. I just had to have the newest Beanie Baby, light up shoes and Spice Girls paraphernalia. For the most part I truly believe there is a reason something becomes trend-worthy, usually because it’s actually good. Except for furbies…mine annoyed the hell out of me and I ended up throwing it out of a tree house after a week.
- 2 plantains
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp coconut palm sugar
- sprinkling of sea salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2. Peel and slice plantains thinly.
- 3. Place in bowl and pour melted coconut oil on top. Mix well with hands.
- 4. Add in spices. Continue mixing with hands.
- 5. Individually line onto baking sheets lined with parchment or a silicone mat (will need 2 baking sheets). Do not overcrowd.
- 6. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- 7. Roast in oven for 20-25 mins, or until crispy. Watch carefully as they burn easily.
- 8. Keep in an airtight container on counter for several days.