Yes, I am aware it took me two weeks to post this recipe. I partially blame Recipage for shutting down on me and partially blame my brain for shutting down on me. I generally have a very good memory, but lately life has been so busy I’ve been forgetting things. Simple things like “did I just take my vitamins?” or my most recent incident, forgetting to wear a certain undergarment to work…let’s just say I was channeling my inner hippie for the day.
This is my apology to you in French Toast form. Please enjoy!
Serves: 4 servings (2 pieces each)
- 8 pieces of gluten-free toast (I like Udi's Whole Grain)*
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk**
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (or 1/2 tsp dried cinnamon, 1/4 tsp allspice, 1/4 tsp nutmeg)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour (ground rolled oats)***
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine oat flour and spices.
- In a separate bowl combine almond milk, pumpkin, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry.
- Individually dip each piece of bread into french toast mixture until well-coated on each side.
- Spray a large pan with non-stick spray or coconut oil and on medium heat cook each piece of toast for 2-3 mins per side.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, nut butter or favourite preserves.
What sorts of things do you forget? Do you ever eat plain pumpkin?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!