It’s been almost a month since I’ve rambled! How is that even possible?!
Kim brought up an interesting topic the other week when she asked “are you the same in real life as you are online?” I’ve always wondered that about other bloggers. For the most part, bloggers that I’ve met have been exactly how they seemed on the interwebs. I know that I am 100% the same online as I am “in real life”. Friends, family and fellow bloggers that have met me can attest to the fact that I am equally as frazzled, all over the place, talkative and filter-less as I appear on THM.
Ridiculous and very ordinary things happen to me, 90% of which I am responsible for. I also have no shame. And with that, welcome to my life:
1. I’ve mentioned in the past how popcorn is one of 3 foods banned in my house. Of course my wonderful Jewish mother disregards this and insists on buying me Costco sized bags of popcorn (Skinny Pop to be exact). That whole 39 calories a cup thing is liesssssss. I can finish a gigantic bag of this stuff in two sittings. So after successfully eating half the bag and feeling completely nauseous I begged C to hide the popcorn. Then he went out of town. Obviously a very intense popcorn craving hit and I ransacked the apartment trying to find the hidden popcorn. After 20 minutes of searching I opened up our snack cupboard to find ziploc bags of popcorn and a note from my bf telling me to get some self control. The thought was very sweet but I still ate all 6 in one sitting.
2. In return for his portion control attempts I thought I would return the favour by doing a little redecorating. Of course there’s a reason he is an engineer and I am not. Apparently I also don’t know how to use a tape measurer. After supposedly measuring, conquering ikea and doing a solo build I discovered that the display I bought for my food props doesn’t fit in the area where it’s supposed to go. So instead it will sit in the middle of the room, because I’m stubborn like that.
3. Have I mentioned I HATE cats? You can imagine how much I freaked out when I was sitting on the couch and out of our bedroom walks a cat who then proceeds to try and interact with me. There is an explanation to this story. My building decided to paint all of our apartment doors which required them to prop them open all day. It didn’t occur to them that crazy cat ladies live in the building and before I knew it my building looked like Noah’s Ark.
4. I’m still trying to get over this one. I decided to put my bananas in the oven to ripen quicker. Guess who forgot about them and preheated the oven later that day? Turns out baking bananas still doesn’t make them ripen. p.s. baked unripe bananas do NOT taste good.
5. Today is a solemn day. As discussed in last week’s post, I am DESPERATE to go to Coachella and weekend #1 starts today.. Instead I’ll be listening to my Coachella Workout Playlist on repeat with the addition of this song. You all better listen to it because I don’t want you posting about it in 6 months and have me be like TOLD YOU SO.
Are we cat people or dog people? Bloggers, do you think your personality comes across on your blog?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!