Random Ramblings #11

It’s been almost a month since I’ve rambled! How is that even possible?!

Kim brought up an interesting topic the other week when she asked “are you the same in real life as you are online?” I’ve always wondered that about other bloggers. For the most part, bloggers that I’ve met have been exactly how they seemed on the interwebs. I know that I am 100% the same online as I am “in real life”. Friends, family and fellow bloggers that have met me can attest to the fact that I am equally as frazzled, all over the place, talkative and filter-less as I appear on THM.

Ridiculous and very ordinary things happen to me, 90% of which I am responsible for. I also have no shame. And with that, welcome to my life:

1. I’ve mentioned in the past how popcorn is one of 3 foods banned in my house. Of course my wonderful Jewish mother disregards this and insists on buying me Costco sized bags of popcorn (Skinny Pop to be exact). That whole 39 calories a cup thing is liesssssss. I  can finish a gigantic bag of this stuff in two sittings. So after successfully eating half the bag and feeling completely nauseous I begged C to hide the popcorn. Then he went out of town. Obviously a very intense popcorn craving hit and I ransacked the apartment trying to find the hidden popcorn. After 20 minutes of searching I opened up our snack cupboard to find ziploc bags of popcorn and a note from my bf telling me to get some self control. The thought was very sweet but I still ate all 6 in one sitting.

popcorn 2. In return for his portion control attempts I thought I would return the favour by doing a little redecorating. Of course there’s a reason he is an engineer and I am not. Apparently I also don’t know how to use a tape measurer. After supposedly measuring, conquering ikea and doing a solo build I discovered that the display I bought for my food props doesn’t fit in the area where it’s supposed to go. So instead it will sit in the middle of the room, because I’m stubborn like that.

display 3. Have I mentioned I HATE cats? You can imagine how much I freaked out when I was sitting on the couch and out of our bedroom walks a cat who then proceeds to try and interact with me. There is an explanation to this story. My building decided to paint all of our apartment doors which required them to prop them open all day. It didn’t occur to them that crazy cat ladies live in the building and before I knew it my building looked like Noah’s Ark.

cat 4. I’m still trying to get over this one. I decided to put my bananas in the oven to ripen quicker. Guess who forgot about them and preheated the oven later that day? Turns out baking bananas still doesn’t make them ripen. p.s. baked unripe bananas do NOT taste good.

bananas 5. Today is a solemn day. As discussed in last week’s post, I am DESPERATE to go to Coachella and weekend #1 starts today.. Instead I’ll be listening to my Coachella Workout Playlist on repeat with the addition of this song. You all better listen to it because I don’t want you posting about it in 6 months and have me be like TOLD YOU SO.

Have a great weekend, friends!

Are we cat people or dog people? Bloggers, do you think your personality comes across on your blog?

Comments

1. says

Lies. I’ve met you in real life and you make watching wet paint seem like a roller coaster.

Wow. Pretty sure the last time I saw that ikea storage unit, it was half filled. And hi 5 to NOT being cat people…and having random cats in our joints. Next time one comes again, I’m paleo-ing it.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Nut Butter Breakfast Cookie Dough

2. says

Mmm yep I am definitely as filter-less in person as I am on the interweb. Sweaty gym clothes, sarcasm, bad jokes and all. We obviously need to finally meet and be best friends. You have the cutest boyfriend (and now popcorn snack bags) ever. Dog person all the way here. And now I’m off to listen to this song on repeat.
    Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted…Meals Lately

3. says

i hate cats too! They are horrible little creatures. I am allergic (but not anymore due to allergy shots) and one attacked my face when I was younger. So starting at young age…cats were a no go. I love dogs and think they are so cute (like pugs!) but I am pretty scared of them too. I guess I am just not an animal person. I will settle with my pet Hermit Crab :) She won’t ever hurt me ;)
    Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…Friday Finisher 4/11/14

4. says

High 5 on the no cats front…they scare the heck out of me! That being said, I’m not a fan of dogs either- just the sight of that gets me antsy! I’m blaming it on bad incident I must have had in my past life. I’d like to think my personality comes across on my blog…I tend to write my posts the same way I’d email a real life friend.

Those bananas look so perfect for baking- such teases! Next time try wrapping ‘em in newspaper to ripen faster!

5. says

I’ve been told by family and friends who know me “in real life” that I’m basically the exact same person. I might be holding back on the sarcasm a little in my blog, but everything I write is definitely me.
    I’m a cat and a dog person (obviously, since I have one of each). I think cats get a bad rep, cause they’re actually super awesome. Well, mine is anyway.
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Days off are good for the soul

6. says

I am 110% the same person I seem like on my blog. Anyone who knows me loves to read because they say that they can hear me saying all of the words that I write which makes it even funnier for them….I don’t like cats either; I had a poodle growing up (Cindy) and still haven’t recovered from when she died to the point where I really don’t even look at dogs anymore except for when I give them dirty looks for interfering on my running path with their owners.
    meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Rest Day And New Beauty Finds

7. says

Thanks for all the laughs this morning. :) I try to be myself on my blog, but I can never tell if my full personality comes through. I feel like I am way less rude and sarcastic in my writing than I am in real life (probably for the best). But, people who know me in real life say when they read the blog they feel like I’m talking to them, so I must be doing something right!
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…More blogging self-reflection

8. says

I definitely write how I think… But sometimes I hold back as I think I could offend some people with my choice of words ha.
    I would absolutely LOVE to go to coachella! If only I could fly. I am deciding on which festival to do this year… I really want to do Bestival but I think it will collide with a family party… hmmm. I love Duke Dumont – my favourite is “the giver” – check it aaat. It is a gooden! Have a great weekend :)

9. says

This is why I need to meet you one day!! I feel like I’m best friends with you already, sooooo I should probably make that a reality so that I don’t seem like a stalker. Even though I’ve already been a stalker, so there’s no stopping that.
    Cats are divas. I’m not a fan.
    Oh my goshhhh popcorn is the death of me. Especially white cheddar popcorn— those are going into my belly like there’s no tomorrow.
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…Behind the Scenes #16: Little Italy to Maryland

10. says

I would say I am 95% like I am on my blog, but in real life I have a much fouler mouth and the small filter that I keep for my blog (my family reads..I try to keep it pg-13) disappears. Overall though I’ve been told I am pretty much the same haha. I LOVE CATS oh man, random cat wandering into my house..I’d be like WAASSUUHH man!? Those bananas…scare me.
    Brittany recently posted…Vegan Coffee Fudge

11. says

Sometimes I feel like I am MORE myself on my blog than I am in real life, but that’s probably because the only people that I interact with on a daily basis are my coworkers, and I’m certainly not going to be singing weird songs and pouring my heart out to them! (Although that has happened before).
    Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…Let’s Catch Up

12. says

I am totally not a cat person, but definitely a dog person. I think cats are cute, but I don’t like hanging out with them. I used to like them when I was little, but I guess I just stopped liking them as I got older. Dogs all the way! I think my personality comes across in my blog, but I definitely don’t share all of my life. So that being said, it’s hard to convey all of me. Have a great weekend!!!
    Em @ Love A Latte recently posted…My Pregnancy Eats and Supplements

13. says

Oy vey. Don’t even get me started on the 39 calories in a cup. Like number one, can they just say 40? Number two, the serving size should def be the whole bag. PS your kitty cat is caaayuuuteee.

14. says

I too am just the way I appear on my blog. I have friends tell me all the time that they feel like they’re talking to me when they read. Makes me feel good!

And count your blessings that popcorn is your downfall! Mine is chocolate…and cheese. If it’s somewhere in the apt, I will find it!
    Parita @ myinnershakti recently posted…The 5 Love Languages

15. says

I can’t handle your life sometimes. I’m with you on the popcorn thing–I can’t buy myself normal bags of chips or popcorn or Wheat Thins or anything remotely snack-like because the entire bag will be gone within a day or two. Why don’t you like cats? Some of them are just as cuddly and affectionate as dogs; not all of them are evil… and I could argue that my own dog is pretty evil and sassy and cat-like herself.
    Beth @ The Small Victories recently posted…Mr. Hanszen Photoshoots

16. says

I LOVE CATSSS!!! I’m not a crazy cat lady, I swear. I don’t even have one single furry friend. But one time, a cat came up to our door so I let it inside (maybe a tad crazy) and I wanted to keep it but my boyfriend wouldn’t let me :(

And I think I’m mostly myself on my blog…except I do a bit of censoring because there are things I would openly talk that my family members would not want to know. I’m not even always myself in real life…it depends who I’m around! The longer you know me, the better you know me :)
    Ashley recently posted…overcoming a workout slump

17. says

That popcorn fiasco is hilarious!! I can’t have popcorn here either. I ate it for lunch two days in a row last week after buying it for the first time in ages. My university roomie and I have a longstanding joke about our popcorn addiction (which was a contributing factor in our “sophomore 20″).

I’d like to think I come off similarly in person as I do on my blog. I’m definitely not a wild and crazy person, and I think that is probably reflective in my writing. It’s actually a difficult question that I’ve never asked anyone before! None of my friends or family have commented otherwise…so let’s hope! Have a great weekend :)
    Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted…Mizuno Running Shoes {Review}

18. says

This is the bestest. Did a cat really just casually stroll into your apartment? For someone that hates cats, I love that you remained cool and collected and the fact that you chose to pick up the camera and photograph it before figuring out what to do about it hahaha.

And the banana story is hilarious. So much excellency in this post!

I’d say I’m pretty much the same in person as I am in my writing, though I’m a bit more sarcastic and unfiltered in real life. I’m always a little afraid that it’ll come across as too serious in blog form, but you do it and I love it. I can envision you talking to me (creepy but you know what I mean) and you sound the same in person as you do in your writing.
    Anna recently posted…Four Ways to Beat the [Travel] Bloat

19. says

I’m a dog person. i think. I’ve always had dogs…and love dogs. However, there have been a few cats that have stolen my heart along the way…and I really warmed up to them! On the way to my ex boyfriends house, as a teenager there was one house that always had a big ginger tabby cat out the front. Really round and cuddly, and huge like a tiger. One day th car broke down outside this house, and the cat came hobbling over. He only had 3 legs. Such a cuddly boy though, names Garfield. That was it! We were friends, and I used to stop there every day on my way to give him a cuddle. Basically, I can’t choose I love them both! We once has a malamute that ran into our flat and sat on the bed. Ha ha very cute! My boyfriend was scared though and tempted him out with roast meat…problem is the dog wouldn’t leave the front door then.
    samantha recently posted…Raw food diet – Fad or Fab?

20. says

That note from C is just adorable. Some day I hope to find a man who will hide snack food from me. I mean, I already do that for myself, but for once it would be nice to have someone else hide the Annie’s gummy bunnies. (I actually did buy two boxes of them and they lasted for 4 months because, as predicted, I hid them and forgot about them for weeks at a time). I am both a cat and dog person, though if I had to choose, I’d pick dogs. My cat is awesome though. He’s a total badass. My dogs are just crazy. Hope you have an awesome weekend! <3
    Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted…4 Years Later: My Recovery From Anorexia

21. says

Gahahaha that banana thing is hilarious!

I am SO with you on being bad at measuring/building home things. One time I ordered a TV entertainment center while my man had a broken hand, and wanting to get it done, I insisted on putting it together on my own. That dresser now sits in my bedroom without any drawers attached, because I somehow screwed up and they don’t fit in properly. Whoooopsies.

I love how C left you those notes. So freaking cute!

I grew up with cats so I’m cool with them (besides the fact that they make me itchy), but I am definitely a dog person. But I think you could already tell that by my constant posting of pics of my pooch :)
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…My Next Bold MOVE

22. says

Ha I love the mini popcorn bags, although I know they wouldn’t stop me from eating all the popcorn. I’m not a cat person but I hope all the cats made it back to their hones! I would have a panic attack if my Bentley got out while I was away and could t find him. Although I think Bentley is as attached to me and would never get too far away.

23. says

I’d say I love your boyfriend, but that seems inappropriate – considering I am single since 3 weeks. But you get it – I think this snack size action definitely makes him the perfect man (for you). :-)
    Hmm…..for me, sometimes it is a little difficult to come across exactly the way I am in real life, cause English is not my first language. I am wayyyyy more silly and hilarious in real life, but cracking jokes in a foreign language is so damn weird and sometimes SOOO not funny.
    I like cats a lot. Are we still friends? I give you ripe bananas.
    Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted…Being social while being healthy and vice versa – 5 tips

24. says

I think part of my personality comes across in my blog. I can be really negative in real life (although generally only with close family) and I try not to be negative on my blog.

I think it is absolutely hilarious that a cat just walked out of your bedroom. I would’ve been like whaaat!? Actually, all of these stories made me laugh! Bananas in the oven=priceless.
    Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Friday’s Food & Fitness: Yummy Eats + An Announcement

25. says

Oh, you are sweet to link my site today!!
    I’m like you – sweet that C put the popcorn into snack size bags and left you a little note but I would have been just like you and eaten all of them at the same time. In my mind, if you are going to eat it all anyway, it doesn’t really matter how you spread it out!!!
    Kim recently posted…Do You Have an Addictive Personality?

26. says

I’m a dog person! We used to have a cat but she was to stubborn so we had to find her a new family!!! That is so insane that one wondered into your apt though!!! Can’t say I’ve heard of that happening!
    I have to admit that in person I can be really shy at first. But once I get comfortable I’m just like my normal online self :)
    Alex @ Alex Runs For Food recently posted…Friday Favorites Oatmeal Edition!

27. says

Your ramblings make me so happy!! i like to think I’m the same in real life as I am on the blog – slightly ridiculous and hyperbolic. And sarcastic. But I have always wondered that about other bloggers as well!!
    Joanne recently posted…Snickerdoodle Macarons

28. says

UM I love that that cat straight hustled into your apartment. What a squatter.

I had a binge moment with brazillian coconut sexy pop today. It wasn’t pretty. I did it while driving (dumb move I know) and literally had to stop and wash my hands.
    Cassie recently posted…Now Trending

29. says

I agree that you’re exactly the same in person as you are on your blog! So funny about the cat crawling all over your couch. I’m not a massive cat fan either. My neighbours cat slinks her way under the divider between our balconies and sneaks into my apartment. It would be your worst nightmare. I still think you should start at pet daycare.
    Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair recently posted…Marinated Balsamic Tofu with Maple Glaze

30. says

Omg, C portioning out those bags of popcorn has got to be the cutest thing ever! Even if it didn’t work out the way he’d planned! Ha! Girl, I feel ya on the popcorn! But I DO have a solution for restraint…did you see my IG post last night? I had this maaaaaaad craving for popcorn when I was at work and decided to finally pop the bag that I’d been hoarding for months (mainly because I was about 150% sure I’d eat the entire thing at once)…well, how about the mother-freaking microwave at work burnt half the mother-freaking bag of my mother-freaking popcorn! I did my best to pick out the ones that WEREN’T blackened to a crisp but I’m pretty sure it’s only a matter of time before I develop some sort of mother-freaking lung/gut cancer as a result! #fail

Oh and for the record, I am most definitely the same as I am online, but I will say, I have met a couple of people in the past that were not…such a shame!
    Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted…Marvelously MY Way!

31. says

Woah this blog is fantastic i really like reading your posts. Keep up the good work! You understand, many persons are hunting around for this info, you can aid them greatly.