Blueberry Salted Caramel Popsicles

I’m a biter. This is pertinent to this post for two reasons. 1) I bite my popsicles. Ain’t no licking up in hurr. And 2) I bite my nails. See that nail polish I’m wearing? I put it on purely for photographic purposes and yes it is only on one finger. Manicures just aren’t worth it because I end up biting it off within a day. Judge all you want.

In addition to my terrible biting habits, I am also a picker. I pick at foods to scoop out the best parts i.e. cookie dough in cookie dough ice cream and even worse I pick off my friend’s and family’s plates while they’re still eating. Don’t you dare try to pick at my plate though. It’s out of bounds until I declare I am done, at which point it becomes free-game.

Blueberry Salted Caramel Popsicles // thehealthymaven.com #glutenfree #vegan #paleo While we’re on the topic of my flaws, we may as well discuss my hands. I wouldn’t say they’re keeping me up at night, but whenever I do a photoshoot in which my hands play a prominent role (clearly this doesn’t happen often) I am always embarrassed by how they look. My hands are actually miniature. Which makes no sense considering I am 5’7 and both of my parents have nice, big hands. I think I’m adopted…Kidding! If you’ve seen that afro I inherited from my father you would know I am definitely his spawn.

Now that I’ve already shared 3 of my flaws, I may as well give you the whole shebang. A big one is that I cannot drive. Technically I have a license to drive a car but it was obtained in a very sneaky-borderline-illegal way. I cannot park a car or drive on the highway and have a mini panic attack at every left turn. I also have a bit of a potty mouth, have a weakness for horrible reality TV shows (specifically those of the MTV variety), oh and I shed (please refer to the above point regarding my afro for explanation).

Blueberry Salted Caramel Popsicles // thehealthymaven.com #glutenfree #vegan #paleo So let’s recap, I bite my nails and my popsicles, I pick food straight off your plate, I have freakish hands, I cannot drive, I swear, I loooove Teen Mom and I shed more than a golden retriever. On the bright side, I make a mean Blueberry Salted Caramel Popsicle!

P.S. They’re gluten-free, vegan, paleo and sugar-free but taste AWESOME. Make them…seriously.

Blueberry Salted Caramel Popsicles

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 4 hours

Yield: 6 popsicles

Blueberry Salted Caramel Popsicles

For the "caramel":
  • 1/4 cup dates, soaked for at least 1 hour (reserve soaking water)
  • 2 T date water (water the dates were soaked in)
  • 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • For the popsicles:
  • 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 1 can full-fat coconut milk*

1. In a blender combine soaked dates, date water, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt until smooth. Add additional water if too thick.**
  2. Add in blueberries and coconut milk and blend until smooth.
  3. Pour mixture into 6 popsicle molds.
  4. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
  5. If having a difficult time removing from mold to eat, run molds under hot water until the popsicle is easily removed.

Notes

*I prefer full-fat because it gives the popsicles a creamier consistency, but feel free to use lite coconut milk or other non-dairy milk. **To create "caramel" streaks, spread a thin layer of the "caramel" along the inside of the popsicle molds before blending the remainder with the blueberries and milk.

Blueberry Salted Caramel Popsicles // thehealthymaven.com #glutenfree #vegan #paleo What are some of your bad habits or flaws? Anyone else consuming popsicles like it’s their job?

Never miss a post! THM straight to your inbox.

Comments

1. says

You have a potty mouth? Never. Now I can stand by the message I sent a few weeks back….damn popsicles.

Remind me to forward you one of Niki’s texts from when she was in Iran. You’ll officially disown me for her. And nail biters club unite. Please tell me Margie put that vile poison polish on you growing up like my mum did.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Spill it, Sundays #31- Flashback Posts #1

2. says

I used to love ice pops at the end of the day at camp. In fact, I preferred the ice pop afternoons over the ice cream because the popsicles were much more refreshing when it was super hot and I was thirsty over even my favorite chocolate eclairs, Dixie cup and fudge bars. Surprising for me, I know…I am terribly guilty of loving MTV reality shows, Honey Boo Boo and of course, Kardashian.
    meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Peanut Butter And Berry Quinoa

3. says

Salted caramel blueberry ice lollies – HELLO! They sound amazing! I need to get an ice lolly holder thing for the freezer! I am pretty rubbish at driving – I got my license then went off to Uni then moved to London which meant not driving for nearly 6 years. Now I am living in the burrrbs I have to drive. I am fine until I have to go on a motorway then I get scared! ha. I have really big hands and feet, my fingers are like sausages – it is really sexy ;)
    Lauren recently posted…Gluten Free Experiment – How I Felt

4. says

These popsicles look fan-freakin-tastic. I might eat all the salted caramel before it gets in the popsicle though.
    My bad habits: I crack my neck by grabbing my head and pulling it to the side, making people think I’m trying to off myself in a bizarre way. I get too lazy to clean under my nails, so I always just cut them short to stay hygienic. And I shed like crazy too. *sigh*
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…Fascinating Friday Links #39

5. says

I have not been consuming popsicles like it’s my job but I intend to change that after reading about this. Must buy popsicle molds first. Alright, it’s on the list. ;)

You can stay with me. My cats are pickers, biters and they shed.

6. says

Lol! I used to be a nail biter but stopped within the last year or so. And I hateeeee driving as well. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to live somewhere without public transport. The thought of driving every single place you need to go terrifies me.
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…Happy 4th of July!

7. says

I am a biter too. Of popsicles and nails. Who has time to lick? And only a fellow nail biter understands why we do it …
    And we were just talking about how little my hands are too! My friends and I make fun of my chubby fingers … what can I say, it is the same amount of finger, just in a smaller space. Not my fault, mkay?
    And not my fault I want to lick my computer screen. Caramel in a popsicle is awesome. Pinned!
    Mary Frances recently posted…Better than Box Brownies {that happen to be paleo!}

8. says

Haha I pick off other peoples’ plates too. My family sometimes refers to me as the human garbage disposal. :P As for my other flaws? Far too many! 1. My legs are always bruised. Always. I don’t think my legs have ever looked all one colour before 2. I’m indecisive to the point of it being annoying 3. I pick at the split ends in my hair when I get bored haha.
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…The first step to weight loss

9. says

I’m not a biter because licking ice-cream is my fave, duh. Buuuut I’m definitely a picker too, especially when it comes to those chocolate bits in granola haha.
    These popsicles look delicious – salted caramel anything is my (second) favorite. Right after licking popsicles like it’s my job, that is.

10. Laurie says

I’m in awe that your thought to pair blueberries and caramel. Also, intrigued by the “date-esque” caramel. Must try.

11. Laurie says

p.s. I didn’t drive much while in college and not at all for the 8 years after when I lived in NYC. Then I moved to Los Angeles and within 2 days bought a car and was driving the LA freeways on my 20+ mile commute.

12. says

1.) These look so refreshing!!
    2.) You painted 1 nail for picture purposes?! That.is.hilarious. You’re hardcore!
    3.) I’m totally a food picker too. I get it from my mom, and whenever I’m back home, everyone’s like, “Which one of you ruined this cake by eating only certain parts out of it?”
    4.) I too am a shameful bad TV watcher. My hubby can’t understand it and says I’m killing braincells. He’s probably right but I can’t help myself. Give me some Real Housewives TV please!
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…Watermelon, Feta & Mint Salad + 4th of July Weekend Recap

13. says

WE ARE THE SAME PERSON. Except I don’t bite my nails and I’m obsessed with having a manicure but I resonate with this: I pick at foods to scoop out the best parts i.e. cookie dough in cookie dough ice cream and even worse I pick off my friend’s and family’s plates while they’re still eating. I just find picking off their plates part of my charm, right? I shed all over J’s apartment this week, blonde hair everywhere.
    Cassie recently posted…Peach Overnight Oatmeal

14. says

Oh I am not a biter at all. When I read the biting popsicle thing I actually got chills and goosebumps! Popsicles have a nails-on-chalkboard affect on me for some reason. I still eat them but I never, ever, ever bite them!
    Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Joyful July

15. says

I swear my hands are normal until I see them in photos like this. I pose my hands like normal people pose their bodies, HAHA! These look sOOO GOOOD. I want to rub them all over my body when it’s HOT OUT!
    Brittany recently posted…Does It Make Me…

16. says

Hey all. I came across your current web site using bing. That is certainly an extremely well written document. I am sure to take note of the idea and get back to discover additional of your useful data. Thank you for the actual posting. Let me surely return.

Trackbacks

1. […] Vegan Cookie Dough Banana Soft ServeChocolate Dipped S’Mores Ice Cream SandwichHealthy Popsicles with Brownie BrittleSpinach Basil Black Bean BurgersStrawberry Pistachio Goat Cheese CrepesBanh Mi HotdogsCinnamon Rolls in Orange CupsKaleidoscope Salad With Curried Hummus DressingAncient Grains GranolaAvocado Turkey BurgersLemon Vanilla Energy BallsFrozen Chai Tea LatteGarlic Scape Pesto For FreezingBlueberry Zinger PopsPB & J GranolaRosemary Garlic Roasted Tomatoes Blissful Berry Oat Cobbler Healthy BitesStrawberry Chocolate Chip CobblerSummer Pasta RecipesMayo Free Chicken SaladSpicy Bacon Chickpea BurgersRed White & Blue Champagne SangriaGuacamole Greens SaladPeanut Butter Cup Banana BreadRaspberry MuffinsBreakfast Hot DogsRoasted Balsamic Strawberry ShortcakeShrimp Enchilada Spaghetti Squash BoatsAvocado & Chili Lime Chicken BurgersFrench Onion Chicken SandwichesWatermelon Shrimp SkewersRefreshing Summer MocktailsWatermelon Raspberry Sorbet Sandwiches40 Easy Casserole Recipes That Are Actually Healthy7 Layer Taco DipPeach Crisp SmoothieBlueberry Almond TartBlueberry Salted Caramel Popsicles […]