C claims that he was a masterchef before he met me. Okay, I’m embellishing but he does say that dating me stunted his culinary growth. I have to admit that this is true.
I think it would be hard for me to date someone who also enjoyed cooking. I’m kind of a control-freak when it comes to my kitchen (note the “my”) so two cooks trying to navigate their way around would probably give me a panic attack.
When I go out of town and C is still in the city I do my best to leave some pre-made foods in the fridge and freezer. The boy certainly does not need a babysitter, but it gives me peace of mine to do these things.
What’s nice for him is that if I make a recipe he really likes, he knows exactly where to go to find the recipe should he want to make it himself. A few weeks ago when I was going out of town I reminded him of this to which he responded, “Great, I’ll make the green chicken curry recipe you always make”. Obvi this is the only recipe I haven’t posted on the blog UGH.
Nevertheless, I finally got around to making and photographing this Slow Cooker Chicken and Veggie Green Curry. So Babes, should you want to make it when I’m out of town this weekend, knock yourself out!
Serving size: 4
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 T green curry paste*
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1 T tamari
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 heads of baby bok choy, ends chopped off
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- juice, 1 lime
- Combine curry paste, coconut milk, tamari, rice wine vinegar, grated ginger and spices in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and veggies to a slow cooker or crock pot and coat with sauce.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours (or until chicken is cooked through) or 7-8 hours on low.
- Squeeze in lime juice.
- Serve on its own or over rice.