A creamy and refreshing treat for summer, these Mint Chocolate Chip Avocado Popsicles are perfect for an after-dinner dessert or midday snack recipe. Made with avocado, coconut milk, cocoa powder and just a touch of honey, you’ll be snacking on these popsicles all season long!
Things have gotten a bit emo around here lately. If you didn’t know any better you’d think I was typing my deepest, darkest thoughts in my LiveJournal while sporting heavy, black eyeliner with Blink 182 blasting in the background.
Parts of this may or may not be true.
The other day, Jess aka the newest member of Maven Enterprises was over helping in the kitchen and with social media, which led to her reading old passages from THM posts. As I heard her chuckle at some of the ridiculous stuff I’ve said on the space, I was reminded that at one point in my life I was in fact funny.
People assume when you’re a blogger that writing is something you’ve always enjoyed doing. We already know that I’m a rare breed of blogger so it shouldn’t surprise you when I tell you that I’ve always hated and continue to hate writing. It honestly didn’t occur to me when I started a blog that I would need to write. Someone should have given me a memo on that…
But here’s the truth, I tell myself that I hate writing because I secretly really love it. I have this problem where if I let myself believe that I enjoy and am good at something I start to put pressure on myself to improve it.
Otherwise known as, perfectionism.
I have strange perfectionist tendencies. I will spend hours searching for the perfect avocado, examining each mint chocolate chip avocado popsicle for the one that will photograph best (#truelife) and edit the hell out of the pics so that the lighting is perfect. But I could care less if my clothes are folded, if there’s crumbs on the counter or if my books are perfectly lined up.
C says I’m a perfectionist in my head and that unless someone bunked up in there they would never know. He couldn’t be more right.
I suppose it’s not the worst thing in the world to be an internal perfectionist. For the record, the worst thing in the world would be guacapocalypse, which my friends over at Avocados from Mexico have assured me is about as likely as me suddenly deciding I hate avocados. And In case you’re wondering, that will never happen.
So in order to avoid me becoming obsessive over those words that fill the space between all the food porn (and subsequently this place becoming a never-ending Linkin Park song), we’re gonna pretend that I hate writing. You’re welcome.
Serves: 6 popsicles
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chip
- 2 T cocoa powder (for fully chocolate popsicles use 3 T)*
- 1 set of popsicle moulds.
- Add the avocados, coconut milk, honey, vanilla and mint extract to a blender or food processor and process until well combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and pulse several times to break them up slightly.
- Remove half of mixture from food processor blender and place in a bowl.
- Add 2 T of cocoa powder to remaining mixture and blend until well-combined.
- To create color-blocked popsicles, add half of green mixture to the popsicle moulds and place in freezer to set for 5 minutes.
- Repeat with the chocolate layer and then repeat once more with 5 minute intervals in between until all moulds have been filled.
- Let set in moulds for at least 2 hours.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Avocados from Mexico Canada. All content and creative direction are entirely my own.
Are you a perfectionist? If so, how do you show it?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!