Uncategorized

{MIMM} Weekend Recap 08/23-08/25

August 26, 2013
Whew I am exhausted! I’m trying to stay marvelous on this Monday but boy am I tired. The weekend was the furthest thing from relaxing but I wouldn’t change a thing. It doesn’t help that I’m feeling a bit stressed about this coming week. I have so much to do at work before I head to Montreal on Friday and while I am looking forward to my birthday on Tuesday, all of the festivities are a bit exhausting. I am very very very excited for my birthday dinner at The Libertine though! Confession…I have already celebrated my birthday twice this past weekend. C and my parents are away on the big day so I had some wonderful dinners with both of them. Let’s recap…

C and I headed to Leslieville in Toronto to explore the neighbourhood and get some good eats! We started the night off at Goods and Provisions where I had a fantastic drink. I highly suggest the Pimm’s Cup if you get a chance to check it out. Drinks were followed by an absolutely scrumptious meal at Glas Wine Bar. It was a nice touch when the chef came out to shake our hands 😉 We finished off the night with some gelato. I went for pistachio & coconut–>what else is new? Thank you C for such a wonderful evening!

Remember how I’ve been eating out constantly? Well even when I eat out for breakfast I get oatmeal! C and I had a big day of packing ahead of us so I started my day off with my favourite kind of fuel from Aroma.

Quest was kind enough to send me a sample pack of their bars this past week. These were a godsend after schlepping around all day on Saturday. So far I’ve had the cookie dough, white chocolate raspberry (wow!) and the strawberry shortcake. Obsessed would be an understatement!

After cleaning myself up it was time for birthday dinner #2! Finally had a chance to check out John & Sons Oyster House. I absolutely love oysters and try to make a point to have them every year on my birthday. They were divine but had a hard time competing against the oysters I had last year in Hawaii! Ahhhh take me back!

After several days of eating out (6 meals in a row…) and zero workouts, it was time to hit the gym! I got in a seriously killer workout and now I am in pain (the good kind). I also forgot my bear claws (special workout gloves) at home so I destroyed my hands. I might have screamed a little lifting the trap bar. Good thing the gym was basically empty!

The rest of Sunday was spent prepping for the week. My food prep included my Healthy Chicken Salad (I used tuna), Harvest Grain Salad, grilling some lemon tilapia and brussels sprouts and making raspberry chia pudding. I ate the tuna in lettuce wraps with avocado and some harvest grain salad and a peach on the side to help fuel me through the afternoon. It’s safe to say I got my kitchen-groove back. Some seriously good recipes coming your way in the coming weeks!

Thank you to the wonderful Katie for hosting us!

How was your weekend? Have you tried Quest Bars? What’s your favourite flavour?

strawberriesandrunning
    August 26, 2013 at 10:48 am

YES I love Quest bars…I really love most of the flavors I have tried. I even made “quest poptarts”…they have a recipe on their blog and it was pretty awesomely delicious!!

Amy @ The Little Honey Bee
    August 26, 2013 at 11:08 am

I am exhausted just reading the recap! Looks so wonderful. Ahhh bday TOMORROW! Love ya girly.

Jessie
    August 26, 2013 at 11:13 am

If I didn’t already want to visit Toronto before, you are really making this place sound amazing. I mean just look @ your meals… they look so good!

Happy Early Birthday, Darling

August 27, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Can you please come visit Toronto!?!? Amy and I would love to meet you/show you around the city!

August 26, 2013 at 11:14 am

Even though it may have been exhausting, your weekend sounds like such a great time. Delicious food and celebrations with loved ones? Eeee – love it 😀 And I’m loving the fact that you still get oatmeal even when you go out for breakfast – I love my oats and usually end up doing the same thing.

Happy Birthday Eve, lovely lady!

Liz @ iheartvegetables
    August 26, 2013 at 11:18 am

I’ve been kind of on the fence about quest bars, (I have a huge box of the cinnamon roll ones) but maybe I should try the cookie dough! that one sounds good!

softserveandsquats.com
    August 26, 2013 at 11:49 am

I can’t get enough of the cookie dough Quest right now… so good! I should probably just cave and buy the entire box haha.
    It looks like you had a fabulous pre-birthday weekend, and I can’t wait to check out your new recipes!! 🙂

Madison
    August 26, 2013 at 11:50 am

Looks like an amazing weekend! p.s. those oysters look SOOOO good!

Jan Sproutsnsquats
    August 26, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Weekend was great! You can’t get Quest bars here that I know of but I so want to try them as they sound so good 🙂

Looks like a great weekend.

August 27, 2013 at 4:29 pm

I heard GNCs in Australia just started carrying them! You should check it out 🙂

Kim @ BusyBod
    August 26, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Happy early birthday! I am a huge fan of celebrating for as many days as possible. I mean, you’re celebrating your existence, it’s kind of a big deal! Oh, and screaming in the gym is totally normal. I’m pretty sure I weird out strangers on a regular basis since they aren’t used to little girls grunting while they swing weights around 🙂

Run like a G!
    August 26, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Happy early birthday!!!!!

My husband is OBSESSED with Quest Bars! He looooooves them!!!! 🙂

August 27, 2013 at 4:29 pm

My boyfriend was such a happy camper when I gave him the cinnamon roll one! He loooooves them too!

Micayla Jacobs
    August 26, 2013 at 1:37 pm

You must be going with some super trendy to The Libertine for dinner, I heard it just opened and is really cool.

mrsmurphyslawoffitness.com
    August 26, 2013 at 1:38 pm

I love getting back in the groove of things with an awesome workout! It’s the best motivation to re- start your healthy living habits.

Danielle @Labelsarefortincans
    August 26, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Sounds like a fun weekend! Exciting your birthday is coming up. I am sure you will get everything done before you leave! I keep reading about these Quest bars. I’ll have to try them sometime!

kellyrunsforfood.com
    August 26, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Looks like a great weekend! I’ve never tried Quest bars, but they look really good! I need to keep some more stuff like that in my bag cause I’m hungry all day long it seems.

workoutjunkies
    August 26, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Looks like you had a fun weekend:) I really want to add ropes to my workout gear!

Sarah Cook
    August 26, 2013 at 2:34 pm

You did have a busy weekend but it looked great! So much good food- pistachio coconut gelato? Um, yes.
    You looked so pretty for your dinner dates and yay for getting your groove back. Can’t wait to see what you made! 🙂

Alex@Veggin Out
    August 26, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Your weekend looks packed with some great food and great company – that’s exactly how every weekend should be. 🙂
    Isn’t Hawaii amazing?! It is seriously like my second home. Everything about that place is just awesome. I really want to live there someday (and then you can visit me! 😉 ).
    I love quest bars but haven’t been able to find all the flavors. So jealous of your entire box of them!! 🙂

August 26, 2013 at 2:53 pm

What a fun weekend! You look beautiful in that picture with C! Happy almost birthdayyyyy 🙂

Tara
    August 26, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Looks like you had an amazing weekend! Happy belated birthday, always fun celebrating with good food and drinks. 🙂

Can’t wait to see all your yummy recipes!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers
    August 26, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Happy {Early} Birthday! It sounds like you had a great time celebrating. I celebrated mine this weekend too, and it was a lot of fun.

Brittany
    August 26, 2013 at 3:00 pm

You are so cute! What a great weekend..Happy early Birthday! Sometimes I really like the busy go go go weekends, they are somewhat of a recharge in a different way than the relaxing ones!

Dixya
    August 26, 2013 at 3:04 pm

I have never tried quest bars before but the flavors sounds pretty good. Happy Birthday in advance 🙂

Megan (The Lyons' Share)
    August 26, 2013 at 3:25 pm

This looks like a fun weekend of celebrations … but tiring for sure! Happy early birthday :). I adore Cinnamon Roll Quest bars … the best!

August 27, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Ahhh the cinnamon roll ones are so so good! I’m thinking of baking them into real cinnamon rolls!! Thoughts?!?

August 26, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Your weekend looks busy but good! I usually go out multiple times for my birthday too – it makes it more fun. 😉 Happy early birthday!

August 27, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Can’t wait for your birthday so I can see which restaurants you check out! You always go to the best places!

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    August 26, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Love Quest bars. My favorite is the coconut cashew. Looks like you had a really fun weekend… I could really go for some of that pistachio coconut gelato. I have a feeling that I would have chosen that flavor too. Looking forward to all of the yummy recipes coming this way!!

Jillienne @ ChasingRaspberries
    August 26, 2013 at 7:05 pm

I love the cookie dough quest bar! I put it in the microwave for 15 seconds… it expands and tastes just like a real cookie. It’s AMAZING!

August 27, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I tried that last week and it was probably the best thing that has ever happened to me! Wow just wow!

Clara Elizabeth
    August 26, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Those peaches in your salad look really yummy, what a good pairing!

Beth Sheridan
    August 26, 2013 at 8:29 pm

White Chocolate Raspberry Quest Bars=YUM!!!!

Katie Martino
    August 26, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I havent tried the White Chocolate Raspberry Quest bars yet but it’s a must very soon!!

Meghan @ fitnesscrEATures
    August 26, 2013 at 9:01 pm

OMG I get into eating out slumps a lot and it’s so not good!!! Agh! 🙂 Yay for a killer workout like that and no to destroying those hands! I hope you don’t get blisters! That tuna salad lettuce wrap sounds right up my alley yum!

August 27, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Some callouses but nothing terrible! Loved the tuna salad lettuce wraps! Sooooo easy too 🙂

Alex @ Cookie Dough Katzen
    August 26, 2013 at 9:03 pm

That meal looks delicious! I’m going to check out your healthy tuna recipe. Yum! Awesome job in the gym girl! Happy Monday!

August 27, 2013 at 4:21 pm

It’s so yummy! I usually make it with leftover chicken but I loved subbing in the tuna this time!

Paige Podbelsek
    August 26, 2013 at 9:29 pm

LOVE Quest Bars! Cookie dough and PB&J are my favorites! Your tuna lettuce wraps/peach looks so delicious. Happy Monday 🙂

abby
    August 26, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Sounds like such a pleasant weekend! I wish I could enjoy shellfish but I am highly allergic. I really need to get into the habit of working out. It’s been so hard for me to keep consistent with it. I really need to push myself. The tuna salad looks so delicious!

August 27, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Aww too bad about shellfish! Allergies stink 🙂

I’m much better at keeping up with my workouts than healthy eats. But I figure they end up cancelling each other out in the end 😉

August 27, 2013 at 12:56 am

Hi Kavida! Sorry Davida, I accidentally wrote your name with a K for some strange reason 😉

Action packed weekend full of good eats and a workout thrown in for good measure! Those oysters look incredible!

August 27, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Lol Kavida!!! You would not even believe the way people have butchered my name! My boss even calls me by the wrong name…long story!

nutritiouslysweet.com
    August 27, 2013 at 12:56 am

Whoa, that’s an awesome box from Quest bars! Hope you have a good week!

Karey @ Nutty About Health
    August 27, 2013 at 2:12 am

Looks like a great time getting to celebrate your b-day a few times & eat some good food!! I’m very envious of your box of Quest bars!! My favorite flavors are the White Chocolate Raspberry, Strawberry Cheesecake, & Coconut Cashew. 🙂

gschroer
    August 27, 2013 at 3:21 am

LOVE Quest bars! My favorites are the chocolate chip cookie dough, coconut cashew and strawberry cheesecake. Yum!

August 27, 2013 at 4:18 pm

So crazy, those plus the white chocolate raspberry are the flavours I have tried so far! Loved every single one!

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda
    August 27, 2013 at 12:41 pm

happy early bday! every weekend is a gogogo weekend because of my 5yr old so i wish i had one day that i could just relax!

i’ve never had a quest bar.

-kathy
    Vodka and Soda

August 27, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Thank you!!! I’ve found quest bars at popeyes and nutrition house if you’re looking for them in Toronto.

veganmiam.com
    August 28, 2013 at 5:40 am

Thanks for the weekend recap! Looks like you had a lovely weekend!