I cheat. A lot. It’s not my most admirable quality, but it’s the truth. In high school this meant reading the sparknotes version instead of the actual book. In university, I cheated the Ontario licensing system to get out of taking my drivers test but still got a full-class licence (yes, I am a hazard on the road) . And for this recipe I used pre-chopped butternut squash. Sue me.
So there you have it, my Roasted Rosemary Butternut Squash tainted with my sins. I still think you should consider eating them.
- 2 lbs butternut squash, peeled and chopped (pre-chopped if you're like me)
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil (may be slightly more or less, as I use olive oil spray)
- 2 T fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine butternut squash and onions.
- Add or spray with olive oil. Toss with hands.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and give one more toss.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone-mat spread out butternut squash mix.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roast for 20 mins. Remove from oven and flip.
- Roast for another 20 mins.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving. Roast for an additional 5 mins if you like them very crisp (but remove onions if possible to avoid burning).
- Store in refrigerator for several days.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!