random ramblings Uncategorized

Random Ramblings #2

November 8, 2013

You guys confuse me. I post delicious recipes almost every single day and the post that gets the most hits is the one where I talk about absolutely nothing. You’re either completely out of your minds or big Seinfeld fans. I just don’t know.

Well since you seemed to enjoy the ridiculous thoughts that flow through my brain daily, I thought I’d bring you round #2 of Random Ramblings. Here’s what’s currently on my mind (no filter):

1. I’m thinking about changing my name to Amy/Kim/Heather/Meg(h)an just so I can fit in with the rest of my fellow bloggers. Clearly my parents had other ideas in mind than me becoming a blogger, otherwise I’m sure they would have named me one of the above. In fact I’m named after a book called “Davita’s Harp” by Chaim Potok. First of all you will notice that my parents must have mispelled my name on my birth certificate since I’m fairly certain it’s spelled DaviDa. Second, when my parents bought a Davita’s Harp on a visit to Israel they actually gave it to my sister and not me. Riddle me that one. And third I’ve never actually read the book. Hence why I have no issues with changing my name.

2. My Pinterest is impressively organized, but if I’m being honest I don’t think I’ve ever actually made a recipe I’ve pinned. If I’ve pinned your recipe, please do not be offended. It means I actually have the intention of making it, but that it likely won’t happen for another 40 years. You’re doing better than those recipes which I haven’t pinned that almost definitely won’t be made. I still drool though! I’m just trying to be realistic here.

3. I’m really digging my new CEP Canada compression socks. Yes, I am aware I’m not running, but it turns out that compression socks serve more purposes than just running recovery. They’ve actually been quite helpful after spending 4 hours standing in the kitchen in baking class, or baking for YOU. And they go well with my running shoes which I wear everywhere. I’m almost at the point that I’m considering wearing both with a skirt. Once that happens I’ve either become a religious jew or you should knock me over the head and give me a wake-up call.

yeah I’m rocking compression socks, runners and floral pants. WERK IT!

4. On the last Ramdom Ramblings I posted this song for you. But clearly none of you listened to it/listened to me when I told you I have impeccable taste in music. Only Jo listened after which she reposted it on her blog and you all realized how amazing it is. Is my lack of modesty deterring you from trusting my music selection? I’ll give you one more shot. And after you finally acknowledge my superior music selection skills, go buy the rest of the Haim album. You’re welcome.

5. I’m off to Montreal today! It’s been too long since I’ve seen my main squeeze (ok it’s only been two weeks) but I’m excited to see him and deliver the most ridiculous cookies. You’ll have to wait until next week for the recipe though, because I seem to get off on making you wait. On the roster for the weekend: NOTHING. And that’s what I call ditching my compulsive planning tendencies. You proud?

What’s on your mind lately?
Any recent music discoveries?
Shout out to all my Amys, Kims, Heathers and Meg(h)ans!

November 8, 2013 at 11:25 am

I went back to listen to your walking playlist, and yes — you do have good taste in music. Not that I ever doubted you! Sometimes it’s just hard to listen through an entire playlist while working 😛 And I hear ya about Pinterest… I don’t think I’ve ever actually made something that I’ve pinned, but points for actually having the intention to? Maybe?

I’m going to ignore the fact that there’s no shout out to Amandas and say that I hope you have a good weekend in Montreal 😛

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda
    November 8, 2013 at 11:43 am

i love all of your posts – food and otherwise. but you already knew that. and why are you never on gchat? we were talking about that yesterday (on gchat of course) and i said “it’s probably because she’s way more productive during the day than we are; we’re just a bunch of lazy hoes” and i got agreement by all. true story.

-kathy
    Vodka and Soda

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda
    November 8, 2013 at 11:43 am

oh, and before i forget: #BBM2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madison
    November 8, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I’m guilty of loving your random ramblings posts too! I love getting a look inside your awesome brain. 🙂 ALSO, your name is amazing and unique. Don’t EVER change it plllllease.

November 8, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Enjoy Montreal!! I’m so glad you’ll get to relax this weekend. I’ll be headed on an unexpected trip to the city, which is making me tired just thinking about it. Right now I’m lying in bed for a little bit longer watching newscasters talk about your crack smoking mayor. Now that’s what I call a good morning. Love you, and glad your name ISN’T Amy. That would have been just a little too confusing.

Joanne
    November 8, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I try to make at least one pinterest recipe every week…just so I have less pinterest guilt!! It eats me up inside sometimes. 😛

Also I FINALLY took your advice and listened to this song! Might be my new anthem. I kind of want to play it nonstop.

Elise @ 9toFit.com
    November 8, 2013 at 1:18 pm

I love your random ramblings, but don’t get me wrong I’m obsessed with your recipes as well!

PS- nominated you for the Sunshine award today. If you have done one recently or are just too lazy to do it (I almost was lol ) you can just ignore it ! 🙂 lol

Suzanne Poldon
    November 8, 2013 at 1:44 pm

DAVIDA STOP MAKING ME LAUGH! My abs hurt now… I guess I can skip the gym 😉

gottaeatgreen.com
    November 8, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Omg your pant and shoe combo is hilarious. I can just see you strutting down the street in this get up. Can’t wait for the cookie recipe!! Have a fab weekend!

Sky-Ann @ The Little Button
    November 8, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Love your 5 On Friday. On the name thing I have been there. I was the only Sky-Ann in my classes growing up and would get asked if that is my real name or get called Ski-Ann, lol. I have grown to love it now and I think you have a nice name. It’s different 🙂

I heard of those socks, apparently they are really great. Love those running shoes!

Hope you have a great weekend in Montreal!!!

kellyrunsforfood.com
    November 8, 2013 at 2:23 pm

I’m the same way with my Pinterest boards! I pin a lot of stuff then forget to make it. I have actually made a few things on it, though, just not that many. Have a great weekend in Montreal!

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    November 8, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Your name is the coolest, please never doubt that. I wish I had a cooler name than Angela. Funnily enough, I hate hearing people say my full name out loud, for some reason I think it sounds whiny. Which is why I prefer my friends to call me Ang! I’m not really the Angie type. That’s not me. Have you ever heard of The Head and the Heart? If you listen to one of their songs, I will listen to yours. Deal? 🙂

seizethelatte.com
    November 8, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I love rambling, inner monologue type posts! Quite honestly, they’re my favorite type of post on the blogosphere — mainly because hearing other peoples’ inner ramblings makes me feel a lot better about my own. 🙂

The bit about wearing compression socks with a skirt being an indicator of becoming a religious Jew made me narf tea out my nose. What, you wouldn’t want to rock a wig with those compression socks and then move to Jerusalem?! 🙂

Have a great weekend in Montreal!

Jessie
    November 8, 2013 at 2:48 pm

It’s like I read your rambling mind today. Before I saw this post, I was actually on your pinterest thinking to myself Dang this girl’s boards are impressive and ridiculously organized. 🙂

Erin @ The Almond Eater
    November 8, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Yay for weekends with nothing! So relaxing. Also—LOL that your parents gave your sister the harp…womp, womp. I hope you have a fabulous weekend with your boo thang.

apieceofcait
    November 8, 2013 at 3:12 pm

I am the same way.. I keeping pinning things and they look so drool worthy, but then I keep pining more!? and forget to bake. OPPS!

November 8, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I’m pretty sure that the only Pinterest recipes I make are the epic dessert ones once in a while. As for everything else? Noooooooot so much.
    Also, if you want a blogger-esque name, Kate and Sara(h) also seem to be acceptable choices :-p That being said, I adore your name. Even if I’m afraid to say it out loud out of concern that I’d pronounce it incorrectly 😉

Kierston @candyfit
    November 8, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Wait, I’m supposed to make the stuff I pin 😉 LOL I have a folder called “recipes I need to make” I think I need to devote an entire month to it lol

Have fun in MTL 🙂

Dixya
    November 8, 2013 at 4:31 pm

random posts are the best 🙂 dont fret too much about pinboard, i hardly get to it but I pin it with good intentions 😛 have a great weekend dear and if you wear running shoes with skirt – our friendship is going to suffer big time.

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance
    November 8, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Ahhh. I can’t listen to stuff at work because I can’t find the place where my headphones plug in (not that I’m reading this at work or anything). I love random posts because I always feel like I get to know the blogger more!

Sarah Cook
    November 8, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Don’t change your name! I think it’s beautiful and so unique.

I hear you on the pinning and never making. Woops. And I looovee the compression socks with floral pants and runner. You’re totally starting a new trend. 😉

Have fun in Montreal! 🙂

Mary Frances McNellis
    November 8, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Are you kidding? It’s so nice because whenever I see your comments, I know exactly who they are from. Now, there is the downside of never having a name buddy (try Mary Frances … 🙂 but it’s fun having a unique name. I’ll have to check out those socks and the leaves are SO pretty. Yeah for fall! Have a great weekend!

Sammy
    November 8, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Aw, have a great time your honey!!! When you’re in love 2 weeks seems like a looooong time 🙂
    I think it’s nice to have a unique name – you’re different….and that’s a good thing!! Just so funny that you’re parents spelled it different than the book lol
    -Sammy

D.
    November 8, 2013 at 7:55 pm

I definitely feel you on the whole naming thing. #JewishGirlproblems much? My mother wanted to spell my name like Danielle, except the way that those with an Israeli accent pronounced it… so I got Donyel. Go figure. *shrug*. Just embrace the uniqueness… it makes you memorable!

almostgettingittogether.com
    November 8, 2013 at 8:00 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE HAIM!

I’ve been digging the new MIA (but I’m weird) and also Lovelife – caught them with Angela when we saw the Neighbourhood.

Also, I need to know your Montreal hot spots – I’m going for NYE!

Caitlin
    November 8, 2013 at 8:37 pm

i love your name! it’s beautiful and unique and you stand out among bloggers 🙂 when someone says davida i know it’s you! when someone says caitlin…well i can think of several other bloggers it could be!
    very proud of you for having a less planned weekend. i have been slowly getting used to leaving at least my days free on weekends. it’s truly hard to do it but i’m getting better. tomorrow i have no plans during the day! i was tempted to plan a movie but i dont know if i’ll still feel like going to one tomorrow. so i’m gonna play it by ear.

Miss Polkadot
    November 8, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Your name is gorgeous and so unique! And honestly, what should I say about mine ;)?! Definitely not fitting in with the crowd [and you know we’re not talking about Miss Polkadot here]. Let’s embrace those unsual names. Not like I wouldn’t enjoy being Amy/Kim/Heather/Meg(h)an – believe me: my childhood would have been much easier …
    Did I mention I’m jealous of your pants? Well, in case not: I am. Also, I’ve actually heard of compression socks being great not just for runners before. Thanks for confirming that!
    In my defense: I would have listened to that song buuut the video’s not available for me. And okay, I was too lazy back then to search it via the German Youtube page. Promise I’ll do it now.
    And yes, I am (!) proud of your non-plans for the weekend. Oh, aside from maybe a tiny little letter :)?

Em @ Love A Latte
    November 8, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Have a great weekend! I’M SO GLAD IT’S FRIDAY!!! I want to start wrapping presents. Yeah I’m crazy like that. We have lots of plans with family/friends this weekend but that’s ok but we haven’t seen them in a while. Next weekend will be for doing nothing 😉

Maria@TheBrooklynFig
    November 8, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Aw yay have a great time in Montreal! Can’t wait to see the cookie recipe 🙂

Consuelo Morcillo
    November 8, 2013 at 10:05 pm

I’m listening to the song right now and it’s really nice!
    Awwh, have fun in Montreal girl! And post those cookies soon, I need to see them lol I’m sure they’re wonderful! xx

November 8, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Lets get out names changed together.

Love your random posts like this- I guess the reason you got the most hits on the last one is because outside of recipes, you have an awesome personality which people want to get to know. Keep keeping it real, unlike keeping up with krap. 😉

Have a great weekend buddy 🙂

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama
    November 8, 2013 at 11:50 pm

I live in compression socks! They are perfect for my days at work. I’m on my feet all day. Without my compression socks my feet/ankles/legs kill.

Shawn @ Fruity N Nutty
    November 9, 2013 at 1:03 am

Haha, love this type of post. Your name is awesome, even if your parents did misspell it. I had a friend whose mom misspelled Shania (a la Shania Twain obviously) as Shenia. Hello completely unique name! Sometimes I wish I had a more “girly” name. Seriously, people ask me why I have a boy’s name all the time. Apparently they’ve never heard of olympic gold medal gymnast Shawn Johnson.

Ellie
    November 9, 2013 at 1:21 am

Hehehe it is truly weird how the most unexpected posts get the most attention! But obviously you’re one cool cat and we love getting to know you more! 😀 I’ve never ever heard of the Davita Harp! And I can’t believe how organized your pinterest is….if only I could be half as neat as you are, I’d be forever thankful. I usually pin all these amazing foods and then get so overwhelmed with the various amazing dishes that I just don’t make any of it altogether. 😛

Maria @ Little Miss Cornucopia
    November 9, 2013 at 2:08 am

please don’t change your name, those pants, or your funny facial expressions! you are just tooooo cute! and keep ramblin’ on….xx

November 9, 2013 at 2:33 am

Maybe names are like the whole curly vs straight hair thing!!! I used to pretend I had a more elaborate name but I’m still stuck with my super common name!
    I’ve started wearing my compression socks for most of my runs – I think it helps my Achilles a little.

thesavedrunner
    November 9, 2013 at 2:47 am

Haha it is funny that you get more comments on these types of posts than your recipes. I am very impressed with how organized your Pinterest is. I really need to organize mine!

Megan (The Lyons Share)
    November 9, 2013 at 3:18 am

Haha, the name thing is so funny – both the common blogger names AND the story of your name! Have FUN in Montreal – get in some R&R and enjoy time with your main squeeze :).

Khushboo
    November 9, 2013 at 4:27 am

Oooh girl don’t even think about changing your name- I love Davida! And for what it’s worth, try living with Khushboo…let’s just say going to those souvenir shops were never fun because all the merchandise only had names like “John”, “Sara”, “Tom”, “Amy” etc ;)! Have the best time in Montreal! I went a few years ago to visit a friend who was studying in McGill- to say I loved it would be an understatement….it’s like the best of Europe & the US in one city :)!

Carla Bruns
    November 9, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I am doing NOTHING either and my husband keeps trying to get me too. I don’t think I’ve ever cooked, made, worn, bought, arranged my furniture, etc. etc. anything I’ve ever pinned. It just looks pretty.

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    November 9, 2013 at 8:03 pm

I am most DEFINITELY proud!! Rock this weekend right girlie!! And I totally feel you on seeing the man…I have no idea how people make long distance relationships work…I can’t seem to go more than a couple of weeks without getting me some man-friend time! Haha! We made breakfast together this morning…eggs, and bacon, and PANCAKES! Ahh, bliss!

And seriously? The whole Pinterest thing? I could have written that exact thing! I even made a board a few months ago that’s titled “Make this NOW” < - and I've YET to make anything out of it! No "new" music found recently, but I do keep finding myself coming back to The XX...particularly this song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pib8eYDSFEI

Woot WOOT!! Shout out to the Heathers!! But seriously, I LOVE your name! It sets you apart from all the rest! 🙂

Run like a G!
    November 10, 2013 at 1:25 am

Heather is a great name to change to 😉
    Have fun this weekend!!!

November 10, 2013 at 3:12 am

I assure you that having a more common name like Nicole isn’t all that awesome — Davida is much more original and rare. In fact, you’re the only one I know!

Have a GREAT weekend with your man!!

Karey @ Nutty About Health
    November 10, 2013 at 3:26 am

Hope you’re having a great time with the main squeeze!! 🙂

holly ; the hobbit kitchen
    November 10, 2013 at 10:39 am

i reeeeally need to get on the pinterest bandwagon, but i know that i’d just spend even MORE time looking at delicious recipes than i already do! hope you have a lovely time in montreal, lady 🙂
    the hobbit kitchen x

Lee Hersh
    November 10, 2013 at 6:30 pm

I spy an Edina shirt 🙂

Melanie @HappyBeingHealthy.com
    November 10, 2013 at 6:55 pm

I love this random rambling post!! Your Pinterest is definitely very well organized…I love it. I hardly make anything I pin either; but I love being inspired! I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your main man….two weeks is a long time! Oh, and I love your compression socks. I think I need to get me some now.

Nikki @ The Road to Less Cake
    November 10, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Don’t change your name. I like it. It makes you stand out. But I love that your parents had a bit of fail with the spelling of you name. I’ve always pronounced your name with the second ‘D’ but I’m curious now, do you pronounce it Davida with the D or with the T like Davita from the story? Hope that doesn’t offend you!

My parents made a small fail with my name. My full name is Nichola, Nicola with a ‘h’ and when I go on holiday, they think I’m a man in France and I always get Mr on my hotel letters. Or they pronounce it Ni”ch”ola.

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    November 10, 2013 at 10:34 pm

How could you not get the harp?! Don’t change your name! I can’t stand it when people use my full name (Alexandra) and the only person who ever got away with it was a now exboyfriend. Hope you had an awesome weekend! I’ve really been digging Imagine Dragons lately…

Jo @ Living Mint Green
    November 10, 2013 at 11:00 pm

I need you to go to my blog right now & tell me if you approve of my music suggestions!!!

Take me to Montreal with you! It’s snowing here/I hate it/I’m bored.

May I have that recipe?
    November 10, 2013 at 11:05 pm

You have a beautiful and unique name. Your ramblings are great it’s like a tiny window showing who you are. Love them.

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl
    November 11, 2013 at 12:14 am

I’ve already told you but I love your floral pants! I would wear them with floral socks and a floral sweater! Floral everything! 🙂

Meghan @ fitnesscrEATures
    November 11, 2013 at 1:01 am

I’m quite certain that if you change your name to Meghan (clearly the best choice out of those) then we would not only be besties, we’d be twinnies! 🙂
    I think you ought to petition your Canadian gov’t to get on it!
    And also, are you serious with that picture of you and your boo!?!? SOO CUTE!
    You’re a huge B for not sharing a recipe for me to drool at and instead talk about something awesome that you’re bringing to you man. Uncool Davida (Meghan), uncool. <3<3

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats
    November 11, 2013 at 1:49 am

Lol love the name comment, I feel that way sometimes too. I love your name! Jan is not my full name but I thought it would be easier for ppl to remember and pronounce since my name is dutch 😉

I am a HUGE Seinfeld fan so posts about nothing are right up my alley but I also always love your delicious recipe posts.

Cailee Joy
    November 11, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Oh I love Pinterest!! And I LOVE Montreal! If you get the chance you should go to Old Montreal!! It has cobblestone roads, little shops and adorable restaurants! Soooo fun 🙂

Amy @ Elephant Eats
    November 11, 2013 at 9:45 pm

I actually use my pinterest boards a ton! I’m always making the recipes (great for when you have no idea what to do for dinner), doing the crafts, or figuring out what to order for my new house from photos I’ve pinned. It’s really the best invention. Also, while I think Amy is a pretty great name, Davida is much more original and so pretty!

November 12, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I came, I listened, and I enjoyed. Good pick. I’ll check them out, but I prefer you just keep talking sassy to me. Don’t go Meghan; it’s boring. My parents almost named me Reagan and I wish they had. Much more interesting and very exorcist of them. Too bad I can’t spin my head in a 360, which is probably why I got Meghan. Maybe we should just switch names for a day. Or even switch blogs for a day. Now that could be interesting!

Sarah Pie
    November 13, 2013 at 12:24 am

Okay you got me to click and give it a listen (see what you get when your filled with sass?!) I love weekends with nothing planned… I love any day of the week with nothing planned if we’re being honest.

{MIMM} Weekend Recap 11/29-12/01 - The Healthy Maven
    December 1, 2013 at 9:36 pm

[…] considering starting a fashion blog. Bright pink workout capris and ugg boots are the new compression socks with floral pants. I’m just ahead of the trend. Hitting Paris runways in Fall 2014. Oh and it was awesome to […]

Tush Toning Pyramid Workout - The Healthy Maven
    January 14, 2014 at 5:01 am

[…] likely to come off as incredibly vain, but it totally works for me. We’ve already determined my lack of fashion sense, but when it comes to workout gear I have a very real shopping problem. I have infinitely more […]