cookies dessert

{Surprise!} Biscoff Chip Cookies

November 13, 2013
Today is a very special post. It is my friend Becky over at Olives n’ Wine’s 1 year blogiversary! To celebrate, all of her blends and fans have come together to each make one of her recipes. Oh and by the way, Becky has (or probably had at this point) no clue this is/was happening. So surprise Becky!

I could not be more honored to be a part of the celebration. I only discovered Becky’s blog relatively recently but in that short time I have come to deeply admire her and the message she promotes. This is a lady who loves her wine and sweets as much as she loves her sweaty gym sessions and runs. I’m in the process of finding my own sense of balance, so having positive influences around me like Becky have definitely helped to keep me on track.

Since Becky is one of the few bloggers who loves to bake as much as I do, it was no surprise that I chose to make one of her baked goods. And after stocking up on 4 jars of cookie butter at Trader Joe’s the last time I was there I knew I had to make her Biscoff Chip Cookies. For the record, biscoff and cookie butter are the same thing.

This is a bit out of the norm from the cookies I usually feature on the blog i.e. decadent. While these do make an appearance every now and then in my house, I usually save these types of goods for visits to the boyfriend. You could imagine being in a long distance relationship with a food blogger can feel like torture at times. So there was no way I could post these and not give him some.

I couldn’t help but sneak one (okay more like 6) of these before they made their way to Montreal. On the downside, only about 8 more actually made the journey in full form. For some reason I am terrible at packing my treats to bring to C. No matter how many bags I put them in, times I wrap them or amount of cushioning I put on them only about .02% of the baked goodies I bring him actually make it to Montreal in proper form. One time I brought him donut holes that squished into one gigantic sized donut. This definitely doesn’t stop him from eating them though.

Needless to say, I forgot to take a picture of these beautiful cookies before I packed them for Montreal. When I got there I warned C he wasn’t allowed to eat them all before I went picture crazy but then he pulled them out of my bag only to find the whole thing filled with crumbles. So I resourcefully pulled out as many as I could for a picture. But note the recipe actually makes about 2 dozen. And because I’m fancy/ran out of chocolate chips I also used white chocolate chips. Despite the absence of shape these made for some pretty epic crumbles. Now I wish I hadn’t left the rest in Montreal…

Happy blogiversary Becky! I hope you #TreatYourselfTuesday (Wednesday) to something a little extra today. Know that we are all looking forward to following your journey in the many years to come 🙂

To see which recipes my fellow bloggers made follow the hashtag #ONWturns1

Have you ever tried cookie butter/biscoff spread? Any tips or tricks for transporting or traveling with baked goods?

Jessie
    November 13, 2013 at 10:23 am

I don’t blame you for sneaking one (okay 6). I’m not quite sure I’d be able to resist stopping at one myself 🙂

November 13, 2013 at 11:34 am

The only successes I’ve ever had in transporting baked goods was if I -really- went out of my way to pay attention to them and make sure they don’t get bumped around — so basically… holding a box of Tupperware out in front of me and not attending to anything else… not practical 😛

Kim @ BusyBod
    November 13, 2013 at 11:45 am

I think it’s so amazing you guys are doing this! My feed is filled with potluck posts today! I had seen references to Becky’s blog but hadn’t been over to check it out yet. Definitely making that a priority now 🙂

D.
    November 13, 2013 at 11:49 am

It’s the same thing with my fiancé! He lives in Chicago and I’m in Columbus, so I’ll send him treats frequently, and they NEVER make it there in one piece, but he never cares. I guess guys really don’t care about presentation, as long as its yummy!

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    November 13, 2013 at 11:50 am

Um, I’m sorry, but cookie butter with white chocolate chips sounds like pure SEX to me! 😯

Elise @ 9toFit.com
    November 13, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Yummmmm, she had so many great recipes to choose from!

Chelsea @ chelseashealthykitchen.com
    November 13, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Omg yes, cookie butter is so good! I bought a jar of the TJs kind last time I was in the US. Also they had these cookie butter filled chocolate bars there too. To die for!

gottaeatgreen.com
    November 13, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Haha I am the worst at packing baked goods! They always end up in a big mess. Yours still look delicious though!! I would have loved to take part in this potluck!! So sad I missed out!

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      November 14, 2013 at 8:32 pm

My coworkers are always like “what is this mess you’ve brought us?!?!”…and then they eat it 😉

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    November 13, 2013 at 1:45 pm

How have I never heard of her? What an awesome idea! Shoot, I’m so sad I missed it. I’ve never tried cookie butter.. I’m fairly certain it would be the death of me.

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      November 14, 2013 at 8:26 pm

It will. I don’t want you to die, so best to buy it and find another house where you can leave it because you won’t stop!

mrsmurphyslawoffitness.com
    November 13, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I love Becky’s blog and what she stands for! I am so bad about transporting food, mainly because I forget I have them with me and they get jerked around the whole time I am driving. Oops..

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda
    November 13, 2013 at 1:57 pm

there should be some kind of cookie sleeve. how about an old pringles can?

-kathy
    Vodka and Soda

Dixya
    November 13, 2013 at 1:58 pm

i have a whole jar of cookie butter – now I know what I will be doing. What a thoughtful thing to do for Becky 🙂

Nicole @ FruitnFitness
    November 13, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Oh man these cookies looked good on her blog and now they look good here! I bring cookies into work pretty often and my coworkers always laugh at the strange cookie containers I use to try to keep them from getting crumbled. The hardest thing to transport is frosted pumpkin cookies.

Parita @ myinnershakti
    November 13, 2013 at 2:08 pm

These sound delish! I don’t make decadent treats at home too often either. My husband and I have zero self control when it comes to sweet treats, so we save indulgances for when we’re out and about. 🙂

kimmy016
    November 13, 2013 at 2:43 pm

I love biscoff and these cookies looks amazing!

Tina
    November 13, 2013 at 2:44 pm

You’re so sweet to make these delicious cookies for Becky. I made my way over to her blog and I love the idea of treat yourself Tues! Great reminder to all of us to slow down and treat (however we want to do that).
    That’s so funny how you had to stake claim on the cookies until you took pics…I’m the same way with my hubby. 🙂
    Hope you’re having a lovely Wed!
    Tina at http://www.tinaschic.com

November 13, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Aw this is such a sweet “birthday” present! Becky is one lucky girl!

November 13, 2013 at 2:52 pm

I adore cookie butter! Next time I’m in the States I want to pick up some of the cookie butter/chocolate swirled jar…that just sounds epic.

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      November 14, 2013 at 8:33 pm

I saw that but knew I might die if I tried it. Maybe when we road trip it can be a car snack on the way home haha

Suzanne @ hello, veggy!
    November 13, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Cute party!
    I’ll take cookies in any form; whole or crumbled. They all go to the same place anyways 😛

Danielle @Labelsarefortincans
    November 13, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Love this for celebrating her blog anniversary! I will have to go check out Becky’s blog now!

Also – so sad about the cookies 🙁 My Mom would always send us Christmas cookies in the mail when we were in undergrad… Sometimes they made it slightly intact and I always was very surprised!

almostgettingittogether.com
    November 13, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I’ve tried biscoff spread but it is too dangerous for me to have in the house. Maybe I will make these as a nice holiday treat!

So for packing baked goods – I once had the same problem. I still do when I’m traveling. It’s super annoying, but even try Tupperware – I find parchment or wax paper between cookie/treat layers keeps them intact. I then put it in a reusable shopping bag to make sure it stays upright! My best friend bought me cupcake carriers for my birthday a few years ago – it’s a rectangular case so it can hold anything else as well, especially cakes.

Caitlin
    November 13, 2013 at 4:18 pm

the third post i’ve read today with an olive to run recipe! such a nice present for her!
    these look amazing. i used to love the biscoff cookies on the plane as a kid. now i choose the peanuts instead! i’ve always wanted to try the biscoff butter spread but i have to admit i have been hesitant to buy it (a bit of a fear food).

Joanne
    November 13, 2013 at 4:43 pm

BISCOFF CHIP COOKIES?! Girl, you know how to make me very very happy.

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    November 13, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Ok I’m a total loser because I’ve never tried Biscoff!! But cookie butter in cookies?? I’m SO down.

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      November 15, 2013 at 1:15 pm

ALEXIS!!! You did a whole post on TJs goodies but have never tried cookie butter?!? get on it!

Tara
    November 13, 2013 at 4:47 pm

So nice for you guys to do that for her! You are like me, every time I bring something it ends up so messed up after taking my sweet time making sure everything is a-okay.

I had to bring cookies to work a few weeks ago and just layered them in a glass food container. Try it out!

Leslee S
    November 13, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Cookie Butter is essentially crack and I eat it up like crazy. I try not to buy it too often because of that…but I bet these cookies taste amazeballs. Becky and you both create really delicious looking treats…wanna send me some? 🙂

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      November 15, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Crack in a jar. Sure! Address please 🙂 Can’t promise they’ll make it in cookie form though!

Brittany
    November 13, 2013 at 4:57 pm

This is so awesome!! What a great collaboration between all you blogger buds!! WHOOO! So I don’t know what was wrong with me, but when I worked at Trader Joe’s and cookie butter first came out I did not like it!! Then a year later I tried Biscoff and was OBSESSED. After realizing they are THE SAME THING I decided I need to give cookie butter another shot..PLUS TJ’s has the COOKIES to go WITH the cookie butter, which is what really made the difference!

eatgreatbegreat
    November 13, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I SO need to try these! Believe it or not, I’ve never tried Biscoff before. I think I’m missing out!!! These cookies certainly look awfully tasty!

Power, Love, and Self Discipline
    November 13, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I find it so hard to package food and have it arrive look presentable!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition
    November 13, 2013 at 5:55 pm

These look fantastic! I wouldn’t have even noticed they were all crumbly….that almost makes them even more delicious looking 😛 Thanks for joining in!

Sarah @pickyrunner
    November 13, 2013 at 5:57 pm

If I had made those, NONE of them would have made the trip. Unless you count the ones in my stomach… 😉 So good! I love that you guys did this for Becky! So creative 🙂

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      November 15, 2013 at 1:18 pm

hahahaha Sarah! I’m surprised most of them made it…even if they were in crumbles!

Lexi @ Lexi's Clean Kitchen
    November 13, 2013 at 6:12 pm

You are so sweet. And these look incredible!

Becky @ Olives n Wine
    November 13, 2013 at 6:16 pm

The BIGGEST surprise EVER! You all are seriously the sweetest, most thoughtful group of gals I have ever “met.” I’m basically speechless but want to thank you so so SO much for doing this potluck for me 🙂 And, aren’t these cookies the best? Good thing you brought them to C – they’re too dangerous to keep around the house 😉

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      November 15, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Only for you Becky!!!! And they were amazing. Not that I expected anything less 🙂 Lots of love!

Sarah Cook
    November 13, 2013 at 6:23 pm

I’d say these cookies held up pretty well considering your long trip. They look delicious! I wouldn’t have been able to resist eating them.

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    November 13, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Congrats to Becky!! The cookies, I’m sure, are absolutely delicious. I tasted Cookie Butter at TJ’s last time I was there, but didn’t buy any because that stuff would be way too dangerous around me! 😉

Dana
    November 13, 2013 at 7:16 pm

These look really good!! This was so fun to be a part of 🙂

Nicole @ Quest for Balance
    November 13, 2013 at 7:26 pm

I stumbled across Becky’s blog last week and adore her take on life. Such a cute one year celebration idea!
    I’ve never ever heard of cookie butter. How have I missed out on this?!?! You have opened my eyes to something dangerous. Do you know any good spots in Toronto you can purchase this gem? In terms of transporting baked delights, I always pop mine into Tupperware containers. For cookies, the Glad soup container with the twist on lids are perfect. You can stack cookies up quite nicely in there and since they are circular the shape of the cookies matches the shape of the container so there isn’t too much jostling.

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      November 15, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Oooooh I need to look out for biscoff around toronto. I usually buy the trader joe’s version when I’m in the states because it’s cheaper.

Will definitely be trying out the glad tupperware trick! Thanks Nicole 🙂

Aimee / Wallflower Girl
    November 13, 2013 at 7:54 pm

That is such a lovely idea 🙂 And these cookies just sound amazing too!

Liz @ iheartvegetables
    November 13, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Oh my gooooodness!!!!!! These look AMAZING! My favorite thing about flying Delta is getting the Biscoff cookies. Now I wouldn’t have to hop on a plane just to get a taste 😉

Danielle @ Green is the New Black
    November 13, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Good thing cookies taste just as good in crumbles! I’m sure he appreciated it, they look really good!

peaceandpizza
    November 13, 2013 at 9:10 pm

I already bookmarked this recipe from Becky and yours look so so good. I can’t wait to try them! (Or maybe you could just send me some of these?)

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    November 13, 2013 at 9:36 pm

I’ve never had Biscoff spread before or Biscoff anything, but I hear it’s great! I understand the long distance thing…my college boyfriend and I did long-distance (between Europe and America a few times in a few cities and at least 2 states in the US when we were both back). I didn’t bring him cookies but I did make him a Reeses stuffed chocolate birthday cake for his 21st…granted I made it in a Bud Light pitcher because he didn’t have any bowls and a drunk baseball player ate half of it with his hand right out of the pan while it was cooling but I got a lot of gf points for it 🙂

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs
    November 13, 2013 at 9:58 pm

These look so fabulous that I would have eaten them all by myself if left alone with them haha! I think that these will be in my Christmas cookie tray 😀

Mary Frances McNellis
    November 13, 2013 at 10:22 pm

I’ve never tried cookie butter … I’m thinking a four jar shopping spree is in order! I never like transporting cookies because they do usually crumble (brownies and bars are way easier!) but the thicker the cookie, the less it crumbles. With both kinds of chips, how could these not be good? YUM!

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      November 15, 2013 at 1:22 pm

So true,e brownies and bars are way easier! Maybe I should stop choosing to make cookies lol

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl
    November 13, 2013 at 10:36 pm

I need to make these Biscoff beauties! How do I just eat 1 though? More like 11 – more like 22 – oh goodness, stop me now!

November 13, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Those cookies look amazing!

I bought a jar of biscoff from Trader Joes (well their variation of it) but found it reallllllly sweet! I often thin it with almond milk and pour it over pancakes!

GiGi Eats Celebrities
    November 13, 2013 at 11:07 pm

I HATE THAT I LOVE YOUR BLOG. I hate it because all of your recipes and pictures look soooo amazing. I hate it because I cannot eat them 🙁 But… I love youuuuu so that makes it all better. Make something “GiGi Approved” will you? LOL – Might be CRAZY TOUGH but… I have a feeling YOU can do it!

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      November 15, 2013 at 1:20 pm

hahahaha GiGi! You blog is my guilty pleasure! What in the world would be GiGi approved because I need to get on it!

abby
    November 14, 2013 at 12:26 am

omg these cookies look absolutely delicious. I’m not a big cookie fan, but you seriously can’t go wrong with chocolate chips, but adding white chocolate chips.. even better!! omg. i’m sure my boyfriend will LOVE this recipe. we shall definitely try this. also happy blogiversary to Becky !!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats
    November 14, 2013 at 12:49 am

Yum how delicious do those cookies look?!?!? Seriously yummy!!!

I am so glad we could all help Becky to celebrate 🙂

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      November 14, 2013 at 8:38 pm

I know!!! me too! Plus I got to eat cookies. I think we should do these more often 🙂

kumars kitchen
    November 14, 2013 at 12:55 am

delicious cookies…tempting us to make a huge batch of these on weekend 🙂

Maria @ Little Miss Cornucopia
    November 14, 2013 at 12:58 am

i want one of these cookies right meow! my old roommate used to bake the BEST tollhouse cookies i’ve ever had..and she always added white chocolate chips, which made the perfect cookie in my opinion. i’ve never had biscoff or cookie butter though..hmm

you’re so awesome for doing this for Becky btw! now i must go visit her because i never have before 😛

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance
    November 14, 2013 at 2:38 am

Personally I think baked goods are better when they are a bit crumbly! 😉 So sweet of you to do this!

Melanie @HappyBeingHealthy.com
    November 14, 2013 at 6:11 am

Yum, these look wonderful! I think I would have to have 6 of them as well. 😉

Sarah Pie
    November 18, 2013 at 4:30 am

Well those look wonderful! I’ll have to pin them for the next time I need to make treats for someone else 🙂

Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies – Happy Blogiversary Becky! | Blonde Ambition
    November 25, 2013 at 4:30 pm

[…] @ Clean Eating Veggie Girl Spinach and Cheese Lasagna Roll-Ups from Sam @ Better With Sprinkles Biscoff Chip Cookies from Davida @ The Healthy Maven French Onion Soup from Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health Beef and […]

I'm speechless... - Olives 'n Wine