cookies dessert gluten-free vegan

Healthy Peppermint Oreo Cookies

December 11, 2013

I have a commitment problem. An overcommitment problem. I have issues with saying no and take on more projects than Simon Cowell. I get genuinely excited about things and agree to them before realizing I have no time. I’m getting better at saying no, but in the meantime I’ve had to master some serious multitasking skills.

healthy peppermint oreosFor example, practicing my balancing skills while reading for my book club. By balancing skills I am referring to my morning commute to work where the Toronto transit system packs us in like sardines and expects us to hold onto each other to not topple over. Despite the fact that I am certain I piss several people off by trying to read a book in this madness, I don’t really have a choice. Another example is dentist appointments and blog writing. I have very few hours during the day when I can use my brain power for personal use, so when I’m lying in a chair with another human-being poking at my teeth I am going to take the opportunity to think of future blog posts. And then there’s Hootsuite. The only way I can harass your twitter feeds while simultaneously trying to analyze baby brain data.

healthy peppermint oreos 1Today’s post is another example of my majorly improved multitasking skills. Several months ago I agreed to do a Healthy Christmas Cookie Round-Up with a group of awesome bloggers. Which I promptly forgot about until Sandra kindly sent us a reminder last week. And then my dear friend Amy reminded me about her Veggie of the Month Link-up as well-I know I’m posting early! And the veggie this month? Beets…whomp whomp. Don’t get me wrong, I love beets but they aren’t the most versatile vegetable.

So what’s a girl to do when she’s agreed to two round-ups (which she also wants to be a part of!) and only has time to make one recipe? Why combine them of course. And that my friends is how the filling for these Healthy Peppermint Oreos was coloured with beets. A sticky situation turned borderline genius!

Healthy Peppermint Oreo Cookies

PREP TIME 2 hours
Cook Time 10 mins
Total Time 2 hrs 10 mins

For the cookies

• 1 cup almond meal
  • 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 cup dates, soaked for at least 15 minutes (reserve soaking water)
  • 1/2 cup brown rice flour
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 T maple syrup
  • 2 T date water

For the filling

• 1 cup cashews
  • 1 T coconut oil, melted
  • 1 vanilla bean, scraped (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
  • 1/4 tsp stevia extract
  • 1/4-1/2 tsp peppermint extract (depending on how minty you like it)
  • 1 beet (only 1 T required for recipe)

1. Soak cashews in water for at least 2 hours (longer is better). Drain thoroughly.
  2. Soak dates for at least 15 minutes making sure to reserve date water.
  3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  4. Scrub beet and chop off stems. Cover in foil wrap.
  5. Bake beet for 50 mins, though timing depends on size so check frequently.
  6. Set beet aside to cool.
  7. Decrease oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
  8. In a food processor combine almond meal, flax and dates and process for 1 minute. Add in brown rice flour and process for another minute.
  9. Add in cocoa powder and while it is processing pour in maple syrup and date water.
  10. The dough is done when it is damp and crumbly and will stick together when formed into a ball. Form dough into one large ball
  11. Spray two large sheets of parchment paper with nonstick spray or coconut oil. Place dough between two sheets and roll out into a 1/4 inch thick sheet between parchment paper.
  12. Using a small circular cut-out, cut dough into circles.
  13. Put scraps together to form another ball and repeat steps 10 and 11 until all dough has been used.
  14. Bake circles for 8-10 minutes.
  15. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
  16. Wash out food processor and add in all filling ingredients except beet. Process until it comes together into a smooth ball.
  17. Peel beet and grate 1 tablespoon to add to the filling. Process until filling has desired coloured. Add in more beets if darker colour is desired.
  18. Spread filling on one cookie using a knife or pipe with a small tip and place second cookie on top.
  19. Will keep in an airtight container on counter for up to 5 days.

healthy peppermint oreos 2

Are you a good multitasker? Are you a fan of beets?

Ksenija @ With An Open Mind
    December 11, 2013 at 5:19 am

Multitasking, oh man, something Jay always claims is not possible at all, but if you think of all the things on my plate right now like: moving, going abroad, Christmas, master thesis, work, blogging, blah… yeah, if I wouldn’t be able to multitask a bit, I would just hide under my blanket and wish for December to pass, while all of the tasks will be solved magically (all right, I might have tried that …). I am definitely a person that puts a lot on her plate and struggles afterwards, but I wouldn’t want it any other way: I get bored so easily.

December 12, 2013 at 10:00 pm

I just need to make it until December 20th but I seriously wouldn’t mind if someone hit fast forward! Hang in there friend!

December 11, 2013 at 6:58 am

I love beets, but I’ve never tried them in a sweet recipe before! I can totally see it working though because of how sweet beets are. And I love the pop of colour they add!

Haha that’s a good idea to use your time at the dentist to think of blog posts! I sometimes start writing posts in my head when I’m working out/walking.

Jessie
    December 11, 2013 at 7:16 am

Beets in oreos – girl I have no idea how you come up with these recipes, but I’m loving it. How in the world did you think to incorporate beets? You always have me so impressed.

I don’t have brown rice flour, do you think another kind would work?

Cheryl
      December 11, 2013 at 11:32 am

I’d like to know if there is a rice flour sub, too!

December 12, 2013 at 10:09 pm

You could try whole wheat flour, buckwheat flour or oat flour. Can’t vouch for them but I don’t see why they wouldn’t work!

December 12, 2013 at 10:10 pm

See below 🙂 I think regular old flour should do the trick! And thanks Jessie!!! You da best 😉

Elise @ 9toFit.com
    December 11, 2013 at 7:19 am

I never seen healthy and oreos in the same sentence, well done! I would’ve never thought of combining the veggie of the month and a cookie post together, that’s why you are my recipe idol!

December 12, 2013 at 10:11 pm

awww you’re too sweet! Figured I may as well trick people into eating their veggies haha

December 11, 2013 at 7:22 am

Necessity is the mother of all genius inventions! Now I very much -need- a cashew-free version of these. No pressure 😉 And girl, I’m literally always writing posts in my head. The worst is when a brilliant idea hits me in the shower and I don’t have any way of writing it down before I forget what it was.

Tiff
    December 11, 2013 at 7:29 am

Whoamahgosh, send some my way!! You know it’s up my alley.

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables
    December 11, 2013 at 7:36 am

Oh my goodness, the photos look amazing, I can only imagine how it tastes!!! I’m going to send these to my gluten-free oreo loving friend!

December 11, 2013 at 7:38 am

You are amazing. That is all.

D @ The Kosher Cave Girl
    December 11, 2013 at 7:39 am

Oh, YUM. They look so much better than oreos, too! Can’t wait to try making them!

Jo @ LIVING MINT GREEN
    December 11, 2013 at 7:44 am

That’s it!!!!

I am quitting my GD job so I can stay home and make these! SON OF A BITCH.

Hahahaa.

Erin
    December 11, 2013 at 8:25 am

Oh my, these certainly do look delicious. I love that the icing is made with cashews, so creamy and decadent 🙂

Madison @ Eating 4 Balance
    December 11, 2013 at 8:30 am

NO. You seriously did not. My brother LOVES mint oreos and I will have to make these for him!

Now is it “oreos” or “oreoes”? Ah, Google says oreos. Good to know.

I am a pretty good multitasker I would say. I tend to think of blog posts any and everywhere too. Like in Statistics. Now I just keep my planner out and jot down ideas in the margins. 🙂

December 12, 2013 at 10:20 pm

When it comes to cookies spelling just isn’t important lol
      My phone is filled with ideas! If I ever lose it I’m screwed!

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    December 11, 2013 at 8:39 am

I’m super impressed with your skills with this recipe!

kathy @ vodka and soda
    December 11, 2013 at 8:43 am

i love beets! esp in salads but i rarely eat them so when i did eat a beet salad at my inlaws for dinner, the next day i did my usual deployment (you know) and nearly had a freaking heart attack because i thought i had internal hemorrhaging! for real, i legit panicked for 2 minutes and had the phone in my hand to call my husband because i needed to go to the hospital but then remember that i ate beets and everything was ok. and it was funny.

the end.

December 12, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Been there. Done that. Remind me to tell you about the time I went to the doctor for a blue tongue. Moral of the story…I’m a fucking idiot!

Erin @ The Almond Eater
    December 11, 2013 at 9:11 am

Normally I would tell you to learn to say “no” because it’s amazing. Buuuuut if you saying “yes” means you are going to keep coming up with recipes like this then…..I’m going to tell you to NEVER SAY NO. These look delicious and holiday-y!

Clara @ Southern Thintellect
    December 11, 2013 at 9:17 am

I’ve never actually tried beets, but this is such an interesting way to use them!

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance
    December 11, 2013 at 9:23 am

Holy guacamole! I am so impressed by your incredible multitasking skills- beets in cookies!? Amazing. I personally only like beets if they are cooked up because raw beets taste icky to me but when their sugars cook off into a meal, I love it! These cookies look fabulous. You are incredibly talented!

December 12, 2013 at 10:43 pm

I didn’t know you could even eat raw beets…well I suppose you can eat anything raw but I can’t imagine they would taste very good!

And thanks beauts!

Danielle @ LabelsAreForTinCans
    December 11, 2013 at 9:37 am

I kind of suck a multi-tasking! I try to stop doing it now as much as I can. But it clearly produced great results in this recipe! 😉

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    December 11, 2013 at 9:38 am

These are SO genius! You’ve truly outdone yourself, girl! Stunning pictures and LOVE LOVE LOVE that they’re colored naturally with beeeaaauuutiful beets!!

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    December 11, 2013 at 9:48 am

This recipe is just too cool!!!!! I love how you turned a complicated situation into a win-win! Pinning this and hopefully I find some time this holiday season to give these a try. 😉

Katie @ 24 Carrot Life
    December 11, 2013 at 9:50 am

I recently discovered Hootsuite and I’m still getting the hang of it, but it’s a lifesaver for us multitaskers! Look at you go with two recipes in one!

jennifer prod
    December 11, 2013 at 10:29 am

peppermint oreo cookies are one of my favorite things about the holidays (with milk, on ice cream, before bed, as a snack, etc) and the realization that they could be healthy… well.. not much could be better. i’m definitely planning to make these 🙂 thank you!

December 12, 2013 at 10:48 pm

That’s so great to hear jennifer! If you’re eating them with ice cream don’t hesitate to invite me 😉

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    December 11, 2013 at 11:07 am

I don’t even know how you come up with this stuff! Seriously, you are ten times more creative in the kitchen than I am! I’m a pretty good multitasker, but I’m better at lining up my day ahead of time. I’m notorious for putting stuff in my planner for 8 months out just so I won’t forget about it!

December 12, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Teach me your planning ways! And puhleaaaaase how about your amazing healthy carrot cake this week!?!?

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles
    December 11, 2013 at 11:31 am

I am a total multitasker but lately I am trying to limit myself and not take everything on at once! When it comes to social media btw, I am no multitasker. I never adapted to the twitter thing, I use instagram, pinterest and on a rare occasion, facebook. I decided that it just all too much!

cait @pieceofcait
    December 11, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I feel as if Im constantly multitasking! which can be tiring! these are awesome! and so genius! they look AMAZE<3

Vicky and Ruth / May I Have That Recipe?
    December 11, 2013 at 12:45 pm

You were not kidding when you called them healthy. I love the beet for coloring and all the yummy ingredients. Who needs highly processed and artificially flavored cookies when you can make these?

Mary Frances
    December 11, 2013 at 1:46 pm

You definitely find out if you are a good multitasker when you over commit! The worst is when you can’t be two places at once. These cookies rock! They are so cute and festive and I’m all over the health factor. Today, I needed a healthy cookie … I know what’s on my to do list next! Could I use flour for the almond meal?

December 12, 2013 at 11:02 pm

hmmmm maybe? Almond meal is pretty heavy so flour may not be heavy enough. But throw a cup of almonds into your food processor instead if you can’t get almond meal!

Dale
    December 11, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Wow Davida!!!!

Lillian @ Seize the Latte
    December 11, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Girl. GIRL. These aren’t just borderline genius, they’re legit, no-lie, fo-shizzle genius. Using beets as an ingredient for something so yummy is nothing short of amazing.

As for overcommitment…yeah. I feel your pain, sister soultrain. I’ve been trying to get better about saying “no” when I don’t want to do something or just don’t have the time, but it takes a lot of effort to get comfortable with that. It’s a process!

December 12, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Too soon to say I love you? Or at least be my best friend because this comment is all kinds of amazing!

You have the power to say no to a latte. I commend you for your strength. I have zero of it!

Em @ Love A Latte
    December 11, 2013 at 2:37 pm

What a cool recipe. I love Newman’s Mint-O’s, but I know these would be way better for me! I don’t know if I like beets. I really need to try them one day. Way to go on the multitasking. I’d say I’m quite good at multitasking and often enjoy it, but sometimes I need a big break.

December 12, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Ah I’ve never tried Newman’s Mint-O’s! But my guess is that these may be a dad bit better for you;)

December 11, 2013 at 2:51 pm

So all I can really say about this post is that you, my dear, are brilliant. These look awesome and definitely the most creative use of beets I’ve seen lately. I like beets, but I never really buy them – I’ve never tried roasting them myself.

December 12, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Awww thanks Sam! You’re the best! Roasting beets at home is kind of a pain in the butt but they taste sooooo good!

December 11, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Always multitasking – sometimes too much so!!
    I’m not a fan of beets – I’m trying to imagine beets in cookies – you are amazing with your creations!!

Danielle @ Green is the New Black
    December 11, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Very resourceful! They sound delicious! Love the chocolate and peppermint combo and will be so sad to see it go once Christmas is over!

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health
    December 11, 2013 at 4:15 pm

You had me at healthy oreos. You are a multi-tasking genius! Haha, I love it.

Brandon always makes fun of me because I’m on my iPad while I brush my teeth and doing other mundane things. We are busy women, you have to make time where you can!

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs
    December 11, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I’d never have told these were healthy, they look too good! I usually write post in my head while I’m in the dentist/doctor/shower/whatever lol

Lauren @ ihadabiglunch
    December 11, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I always admire when people make amazing looking desserts that are healthy! I can make healthy desserts but not ones that look this good! This looks like a great thing to try for the holidays.

December 11, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Overcommitment = my problem too. Work/blog/social everything accumulates!

LOVE beets- I’ve never tried it in a sweet recipe before and props to you for the double whammy!

December 12, 2013 at 11:39 pm

eriugerugerlgergbveri <--how my brain feels on a daily basis. This is why I need your friendship!

Dina
    December 11, 2013 at 5:39 pm

these sound like a great healthy cookie!

Aqilah @ PrettyAwesomeFitness
    December 11, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Oh wow Oreos! Doesn’t matter how it is done, I’m so in. Looks great Davida! 😀

Christie @ Kissesandkale.blogspot.com
    December 11, 2013 at 7:10 pm

These Oreos look amazing! I’ve never been a huge fan of beets but I eat them anyway because they’re good for me lol.

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    December 11, 2013 at 8:40 pm

This was my reaction when I saw this recipe “AHHHHHH Must have now. Oreos. Kind of healthy. In my mouth.” Or something like that. Such a neat addition to use beets! You’re a culinary genius. Bookmarked and pinned!

December 12, 2013 at 11:37 pm

bahahaha I’m picturing you reacting and it’s all kinds of amazing. I wish I could bookmark and pin my version of your reaction in my head lol

Paige@FitNotFad
    December 11, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I just….I can’t. I will absolutely be making these this weekend. And the recipe is so easy!! You have outdone yourself.

Karey @ Nutty About Health
    December 11, 2013 at 9:46 pm

These sound good & are so creative! Love that the beets gave the filling the red coloring too. Way to multitask girl! 😉

December 12, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Thanks Karey! Sometimes good things come from multitasking…even if it makes me so stressed!

Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body
    December 11, 2013 at 9:57 pm

I love peppermint flavoured things! These look great!

Jordan Lynn // Life Between Lattes
    December 11, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Wow, these look amazing, AND they are gorgeous!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats
    December 11, 2013 at 11:41 pm

I actually was telling Amy that I can’t stand beets. Your cookies look delicious but I would probably make them sans beets and with plain stevia not peppermint. (you know my whole mint/choc fear).

Love the food styling / photo of them they look great.

December 12, 2013 at 11:24 pm

so basically regular oreos haha! i managed to combine three of your least favorite foods! Next time chai everything!

GiGi Eats Celebrities
    December 11, 2013 at 11:42 pm

I SAY YES TO EVERYTHING TOO! I am a people pleaser! Luckily, when I take on projects, I write them all on my to-do list and get down to business, no procrastinating!! NOPE !!!! NONE!! 😀 My type A personality helps me work as hard as Ryan Seacrest! LOL!

And is it weird, I have never had beets?!!!?!

December 12, 2013 at 11:25 pm

So you’re the ryan to my simon cow ell 😉

And yes it’s weird, and yes we need to change that!!!

Melissa @ Fit 'n' Well Mommy
    December 12, 2013 at 12:07 am

I love it that I’m not the only one who multitasks like a mad woman! I do the same thing when I’m at the dentist or sitting in the waiting room at a doctors appointment…what better way to maximize your time? I also love to think about future blog posts when working out.

Love the healthy oreos and how creative it is. I’ll have to try these, especially since my husband LOVES oreos and peppermint!

December 12, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Long runs used to be my fav “blog thinking” time!!

And thank you 🙂 Your hubby has good taste!

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome
    December 12, 2013 at 12:34 am

This sounds interesting but good! Definitely something I would like. I’m a huge multitasker and typically take on way too much at once.

jefferson @PrimalWeightLoss
    December 12, 2013 at 12:55 am

Holy mother of pearl.. You found a way to make healthy oreos!
    And the main ingredient is none other than.. beats!

You are very talented young lady!
    I think you should sell these online somewhere…

I would buy them.

December 12, 2013 at 11:11 pm

You’re awesome! you could be my one and only client! I could live off that right? I hope you eat a lot of oreos lol

Melanie @ HappyBeingHealthy
    December 12, 2013 at 1:17 am

When I read “peppermint” and “oreo,” I knew I would love these! They look fabulous!

You and I sound like two peas in a pod. I’m always trying to multitask and always seem to over-commit myself too. It’s so tough. I wish I could do everything, dang it.

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate
    December 12, 2013 at 4:21 am

You are a genius. Bowing down. These may have to be my post-finals kitchen reward.

Amanda @runtothefinish
    December 12, 2013 at 10:23 am

wow this is super creative!! i am not a baker, but love this idea if I ever need to whip something up for family

Sarah & Arkadi
    December 12, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Love the colors! You took oreos to the next level!

Aimee / Wallflower Girl
    December 12, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Wow, I’m so impressed by those ingredients! Great recipe 🙂

Meg
    December 12, 2013 at 3:40 pm

These look fantastic! After really committing to a healthy lifestyle and losing lots of weight this year, I’ve been heading into the holidays with a sense of fear and apprehension. I just . . . have a hard time controlling myself around sweets. But if I made sure to have healthier goodies around me, I don’t think I’d have as much to worry about!

December 12, 2013 at 11:22 pm

The holidays can definitely be stressful! Great idea to surround yourself with healthier treats! When all else fails just fill your plate with fruit 😉

{Five on Friday} Random Ramblings #4 - The Healthy Maven
    December 13, 2013 at 6:59 am

[…] some Healthy Christmas Cookie recipes, check out this awesome list of holiday treats (including my Healthy Peppermint Oreos) […]

Healthy Christmas Cookies are Here! | Gluten-Free Cat
    December 13, 2013 at 7:01 am

[…] Healthy Peppermint Oreo Cookies – vegan & gluten free from The Healthy Maven […]

Amy @ Elephant Eats
    December 13, 2013 at 9:32 am

Haha, way to multitask! Love the color of these…so festive. Who would’ve thought they had beets in them. Delicious!!! 🙂

Friday Favorites | Nutty for Life
    December 13, 2013 at 10:08 am

[…] Favorite sweet tooth: When I was little, my mom never let me eat Oreos because they would stick in my teeth. Mom? Can I eat these please? But they’re Davida’s Healthy Peppermint Oreo Cookies! […]

Healthy Christmas Cookies 2013 | Coconut and Berries
    December 13, 2013 at 1:52 pm

[…] 15. Healthy Peppermint Oreo Cookies – vegan & gluten free from The Healthy Maven […]

Jess @ JessieBear What Will You Wear?
    December 13, 2013 at 3:18 pm

ofdiherihfauirewwhfurif These. Look. Amazing.

Candace @ Candida Free Candee
    December 13, 2013 at 10:06 pm

These definitely win the cutest cookie award! I can’t wait to try this with stevia and maybe some zucchini for bulk in place of the dates. Thanks for sharing!
    Candace @ Candida Free Candee recently posted…Sugar-Free Sugar Cookies. (Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Sugar Free)

Luv What You Do
    December 13, 2013 at 10:18 pm

I would never think to make my own Oreos. These look AMAZING!
    Luv What You Do recently posted…Five for Friday XIV

Healthy Christmas Cookies 2013 | Om Nom Ally
    December 14, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts
    December 14, 2013 at 11:50 pm

These look incredible – I love how vibrant the filling colour is too! What a creative use of beets 🙂
    Kari @ bite-sized thoughts recently posted…18 lower sugar Christmas cookies {Christmas ideas 2013}

HEALTHY HOLIDAY COOKIE ROUND-UP! | Sift, Stir & Savour
    December 15, 2013 at 11:19 am

[…] Healthy Peppermint Oreo Cookies (The Healthy Maven) […]

well, hello monday… | my. b e a u t i f u l. rescue.
    December 16, 2013 at 11:29 am

[…] want to chow down on some of these (gluten and dairy free!) christmas cookies! one, two, three, and four. ps. check the blog this week for my famous gingerbread cookies (they do contain gluten + dairy)! a […]

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    December 17, 2013 at 5:07 am

Ugh, I am the WORST at multitasking…though I have a tendency to forget that minor detail until I’m up to my ears in commitments! But I can honestly say I’ve gotten a LOT better about saying no lately and it has made SUCH a difference in my mental capacity (read: it’s almost a week to Christmas and I’m NOT losing my mind!) Where’s the thumbs up emoticon when you need it? 😉

I LOVE that you used beets in these! Not a versatile vegetable? Puh-LEASE! Have you seen what I’ve done with those babies? http://www.kissmybroccoliblog.com/recipage/?search_term=beets&ui=1173 Ohhhhh, now I’m getting an idea for something new! Must…find…paper!!!

PS, I love your little word “clouds” on your pictures! Too cute!
    Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted…Movie Monday

Naturally Red Velvet Cupcakes
    December 17, 2013 at 5:59 am

[…] being inspired by Davida, I figured that not only would I make a dish with beets, but I would attempt to make one of my […]

Staying Healthy During the Holidays
    December 20, 2013 at 12:08 am

[…] Healthy Peppermint Oreo Cookies by The Healthy Maven […]

Healthy Christmas Cookies 2013
    January 23, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Candida Free Candee Healthy Christmas Cookie Roundup, 18 in all! » Candida Free Candee
    February 5, 2014 at 2:51 am

All Things Peppermint!!! | The Athletic Avocado
    November 30, 2014 at 7:52 pm

[…] Healthy Peppermint Oreo Cookies from the Healthy […]

The Ultimate Peppermint Recipe Round-Up • She Uncovered
    December 8, 2014 at 4:08 am

[…] Healthy Peppermint Oreos from The Healthy Maven […]

Jessica
    December 18, 2016 at 7:01 pm

This recipe looks and sounds amazing! But I’m allergic to cashews. Is they anything else I could substitute them for? I can only eat almonds or hazelnuts.