Uncategorized

{MIMM} Weekend Recap 11/29-12/01

December 1, 2013

How is it December? I am genuinely confused by the passage of time. I’m pretty sure I was just complaining about how the summer heatwave needed to end. And now I am eating my words.

Okay not eating my words, but I did get in some fantastic eats this weekend! <–did you like that segue? And a few other adventures. Let’s recap:

My office is colder than the arctic so by Friday afternoon I was desperate for a little heat. I ended up showing up to my hot yoga class a half hour early just so I could sit in the heat. The class was divine and I even fell asleep in Shavasana. I’m not denying myself naps these days.

phyogaDinner with the fam at Kitchen. Followed by a faceplant into my bed for the next 12 hours.

dinnerI woke up with an intense craving for everything bagels so I adapted Lexi’s Cauliflower “Everything” Rolls by adding 1/2 tsp of baking powder and baking them in a donut pan to make these amazing Mini Cauliflower Everything Bagels. Lex-you’re a genius! Everyone else-do yourself a favour and check out Lexi’s blog. This girl has some serious talent!

cauliflower everything bagelsI’m considering starting a fashion blog. Bright pink workout capris and ugg boots are the new compression socks with floral pants. I’m just ahead of the trends. Hitting Paris runways in Fall 2014. Oh and it was awesome to workout.

pantsThe rest of the day was spent running errands, attending my nephew’s 4 year Tae Kwon Do birthday party (hilarious!) and helping my Madre cook for her Thanksgiving party that night. As a proud American she goes all out for her party. And being the perfect daughter that I am (I can hear my parents laughing about this already) I contributed this soup and fruit tarts for dessert. This was in spite of my invite getting lost in the mail. Fortunately there’s leftovers.

IMG_7610While my parents were raging I headed downtown to console myself with good food and friends. Dinner ended up being quite eventful thanks to a massive power outage in the Downtown Core. Thankfully you don’t need power to drink. So 3 bottles of wine were consumed while we waited. I’ll be honest I think Czehoski made my burger in the dark because it was difficult to eat thanks to the pound of salt in it…and I normally like a lot of salt. And then off to Dog & Bear for more drinks and fun.

maryandzan2Curious about my food prep this week? It is all in this GIANT soup pot. I will be eating turkey soup for the next 3 years, and you can too if you saved your carcass! Recipe coming this week.

IMG_7606I was tempted to leave you with a terrible selfie from my part-time job (where I spent most of Sunday), but I need to hold onto a tiny shred of my dignity so no picture for you. Picture me with my afro tucked into a hairnet, no makeup, plastic gloves and an apron. Like I said, I think I should start a fashion blog.

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I must thank the lovely Katie for hosting us each week. You are marvelous.

MiMM

Are you a fashionista like I am (not)? Have you ever eaten in a blackout?

*I’m having some trouble with the mobile version of the blog but it’s in the process of getting fixed, so hold tight!

Danielle @ LabelsAreForTinCans
    December 1, 2013 at 9:53 pm

A power outage! Oh man. Those bagels looks so cute and delicious. I love the recipes on Lexi’s blog!

Maria @ Little Miss Cornucopia
    December 1, 2013 at 10:05 pm

i think you SHOULD start a fashion blog..i love your yoga attire (is that top lulu?), your pink capris, and your yellow button up. i LOVE color..especially yellow 🙂

i fall asleep in shavasana quite frequently btw..that just means you’re doing it right 😛

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com
    December 1, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Hey – those are some purty boots there!!!I guess that statement gave away how much of a fashionista I AM 😉
    They keep it super cold at my work too – sometimes I run the stairs to warm up!
    3 year old turkey soup might be as valuable commodity as a well aged wine! Looking forward to that turkey carcass soup recipe…
    Happy Monday Lady

December 3, 2013 at 3:02 pm

hahaha I like the boots but the hot pink workout pants and the boots are questionable!

Recipe coming tomorrow 🙂

Paige@FitNotFad
    December 1, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Looks like a fun weekend! I love your hot pink workout leggings…I need some!

cait
    December 1, 2013 at 10:19 pm

those everything bagels look SO GOOD! I need to eat one now.. I just ate the last of my turkey tonight, boo! And I am too the worst with clothes, ayyy .. maybe our side job should be the fashion blog. ha!

Jessie
    December 1, 2013 at 10:27 pm

I’d never seen or even heard of cauliflower bagels, so you better believe how intrigued I am of this recipe. I just checked it out, and wow it’s so simple!

That’s crazy about the power outage, but it sounds like you & your girls made the best out of the situation. What a bummer in regards to the burger though :-X

December 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm

So simple! Lexi is so clever.

And if there’s wine you can bet we’ll make the best of our situation 🙂

December 1, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Going to a hot yoga class early just to warm up — now there’s something I’ve never thought to do. I usually just flock to the vents whenever the heat comes on and refuse to move until they turn off. And I’m fashionable as long as I can wear black — coordinating other colours gets kind of tricky.

Heather Murphy
    December 1, 2013 at 11:35 pm

I feel like I wish we lived close because we would have so much fun. You could come hang with Joseph and me and I can teach you how to pretend like you know how to raise a child, but really just laugh at all the stuff you should be getting on to him for, and then you could teach me how to drink and run. 😉 perfection.

Luv What You Do
    December 1, 2013 at 11:47 pm

I love getting to hot yoga on a freezing cold day and rolling out my chilly mat to stretch and relax!

Beth @ Mangoes and Miles
    December 2, 2013 at 12:20 am

I’d totally dig your fashion blog…it’s right up my alley. Those days when I have to go to the gym to run because it’s raining outside, I usually have some ridiculous combination of clothing on ready to be taken off once I get to the gym. Add in rainboots, and I could basically be a part of Fashion Week. 😉 I napped SO much when I was home for Thanksgiving…as in, like, 2 naps a day. But alas, the real world awaits… 🙁

December 3, 2013 at 4:19 pm

We should start a HLB fashion show!

Naps should be a daily necessity. Why can’t we all be in kindergarten again 🙁

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health
    December 2, 2013 at 1:35 am

I am glad to see they saved you some leftovers, you poor thing. 😉

A hot yoga class sounds heavenly. I need that SO bad. And one of those cauliflower bagels- what a cool idea! Lex really is a genius.

I’m glad you had a good weekend girl and I totally think you should start a fashion blog. Those pink tights with ugg boots were adorable!

December 3, 2013 at 4:17 pm

I find it doubtful anyone would read my fashion blog haha! Lexi is amazing. Your blog and her’s are such an inspiration for me!

December 2, 2013 at 4:08 am

Pretty sure Anna Wintour should come check this blog out- I can see you gracing the September issue 😉

Those bagels are made of CAULIFLOWER? I am so intrigued! Does it taste like cauliflower? What is a cauliflower? Are you a bagel? I’ve eaten in the dark before…no joke. I cut my lip open biting my fork. Worst. Ever.

You should save the selfie for a Sunday post…dead serious.

December 3, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Grace Coddington just called and asked if they could do a 6 page editorial on me!

You make no sense. I love you.

Never posting that pic!

Ksenija @ With An Open Mind
    December 2, 2013 at 4:36 am

Sounds like a pretty awesome weekend. I do especially love the blissful yoga picture of you. Hot yoga is something I wanted to try for a while, but it’s so damn expensive to take classes. Guess I have to wait until the trend gets more popular around here and classes become affordable. But yeah, everything to warm me up during winter 😉

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats
    December 2, 2013 at 5:14 am

Those cauliflower everything rolls sound amazing I need to check them out 🙂

I can’t say I’ve ever eaten in a blackout before but I have played cards in one before.

That soup sounds good. You may even have some left for when I make it over there some time in the next 3 years 😉 hehe

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    December 2, 2013 at 5:37 am

Gahhhhh! What I wouldn’t give for a hot yoga studio in my town! Though I will admit to hopping in the sauna after most of my workouts these days! Only thing is it makes it feel even MORE cold outside afterward! Haha!

I saved my turkey carcass! All I’ve got to say is your soup better be worth it because the damn wish bone cut my friggin’ index finger! Good luck my ass!

December 3, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Surprisingly it’s so hot it permeates your skin for the next few hours!

And that recipe is coming! It’s worth it 🙂

Suzanne @ hello, veggy!
    December 2, 2013 at 5:50 am

I would love to join you in your new blog endeavour; your pink hot pants and boots combo are quite similar to my purple leggings matched with a red ugly Christmas sweater. Ps. Is that a condom wrapper in the picture?! lolzzz

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles
    December 2, 2013 at 6:29 am

I recently thought about attempting bagels in the donut pan! How funny – I am going to check out this recipe!

Shawn @ Fruity 'N' Nutty
    December 2, 2013 at 6:34 am

Haha, I always feel like falling asleep during Shavasana, and I probably will one of these days. 🙂 It’s been getting a bit chilly lately so I should definitely do some hot yoga to warm up my cold toes and fingers.

You absolutely NEED to start a fashion blog!!! I have a feeling it’s going to be a huge hit. 😀

Kim @ BusyBod
    December 2, 2013 at 6:35 am

Haha why yes in fact I am (NOT) a fashionista just like you! I rock all kinds of crazy nonsense, especially when it gets cold. Looks like you had a marvelous weekend despite your non-invite to your mom’s party 🙂 Also you’re looking fabulous at yoga. I can’t wait until I can try an actual studio (even though I love my home practice).

Carla
    December 2, 2013 at 6:44 am

Does wearing workout clothes unless you are work (wishing you were in workout clothes) count?

I do not eat a lot of salt so I would have been frustrated with the burger.

I did not save my carcass. Now I wish I would have.

Joanne
    December 2, 2013 at 7:07 am

I love your hot pink workout leggings!! I have a similar pair myself actually…maybe we can be co-fashion bloggers? 😛

Elise @ 9toFit.com
    December 2, 2013 at 7:11 am

haha I’m loving the bright pink! I don’t know if I could pull them off so I’ll just live through you!

Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle
    December 2, 2013 at 7:29 am

Haha I so agree with your first paragraph. No grasp on how fast time is going. I am not a fashionista despite how hard I try. The outfits I find on Pinterest seem so effortless and I see them and I’m like “Oh! I can do that! So easy!” then…I can’t. Funny about the blackout ha what an interesting dining experience.

December 3, 2013 at 3:27 pm

I feel the exact same way! They look amazing but I just can’t find it in me to look that good!

And it definitely was an interesting experience!

Erin @ The Almond Eater
    December 2, 2013 at 7:37 am

Please start a fashion blog 😉 I mean…I’d read it. It looks like you had a great weekend! Hot yoga, delicious eats, and family/friends? Sounds perfect to me!

December 2, 2013 at 7:55 am

Haha I’m a total un-fashionista too. Especially when I wear my ratty Roots sweatpants and faded American Apparel hoodie home from the gym, which I do on a regular basis. I’m sure I look oh so attractive. 😛

I still haven’t done hot yoga, but I’m seriously thinking of giving it a try this winter – especially since one of the Goodlife gyms near the hospital offers free classes!

I ate at a restaurant in blackout once too! We were at Blacktree and it started storming like crazy… so we stayed there til like midnight just to stay safe. When we finally drove home there were trees down all over the road.

December 3, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Yeah I saw that goodlife starting offering bikram! Check it out. It’s actually been great for my back and leg!

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    December 2, 2013 at 9:03 am

Woah your yoga studio looks awesome! More like a club than a yoga studio! That’s so cool…er….hot? 🙂 I used to live near this great little yoga studio when I lived in Philadelphia but when I moved back to Colorado, couldn’t find one that really fit me, so my yoga practice took a backseat and only happens in my living room on days when I don’t know what else to do to workout. Have a great week, beautiful!

Alex @ Cookie Dough Katzen
    December 2, 2013 at 9:12 am

Can’t wait to see that soup recipe. I could live off soup in the winter time. Matzo ball soup is one of my faves!

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    December 2, 2013 at 9:15 am

Once we were eating in a pizza shop and the power went out. They brought over cheesy breadsticks and sauce from the fridge to dip, and luckily I noticed the sauce had mold on it! If I hadn’t looked close I would never never seen it. I am sure that’s why they didn’t see it either and brought it over anyway. At least that’s what I told myself….

December 3, 2013 at 3:32 pm

oh god! That sounds awful. Good thing you have good vision. I have terrible vision so I probably would have eaten it…ew.

Morganne @ Nut Butter Runner
    December 2, 2013 at 9:27 am

I have never tried hot yoga, but I imagine I would do the same thing! I have definitely fallen asleep in Savasana, too! By the way, that’s a gorgeous photo! Very meditating and relaxing 🙂 And I love your Campbell’s Soup mug!

Parita @ myinnershakti
    December 2, 2013 at 9:34 am

A fashionista I am NOT! LOL. I tend to lean toward the comfy/casual side of things and have never been trendy in my choices! But that’s ok. I think you rocked your UGG boots and capris just fine – just like i rocked my TOMS with white socks at the airport yesterday!! LOL.

Mary Frances
    December 2, 2013 at 9:38 am

You’re pretty genius too Davida! Those cauliflower bagels sound amazing and they really look like everything bagels. Haha, yes, you and I can hit the runway together in our oh so stylish clothes! 🙂 That pink is really pretty though. You had an eventful Thanksgiving, but I’m glad it was fun!

Mollie @Sprinkles of Life
    December 2, 2013 at 10:41 am

So craving salmon now after seeing it in your post! 🙂

December 2, 2013 at 11:37 am

Sounds like a good weekend! I’m viewing this on my phone since my computer suddenly decided not to view blogs – any blogs – correctly. The site looks fine to me. Only thing cut off is your ad on the top. The sidebar is below the post, but I think that is just one version of responsive design. Easy to read though so don’t fret.

Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health
    December 2, 2013 at 11:55 am

well if rocking yoga pants, loafers, and tank top is fashion – I am # 1.

Caitlin
    December 2, 2013 at 12:50 pm

i love so much about this post! that fish/broc/sweet potato dinner (so perfect). your coat with yellow peter pan collar top while you went out for drinks. that cute old fashioned campbell’s mug. being able to take naps (something i haven’t been able to do in years). those everything cauliflower things – holy freaking crap.

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance
    December 2, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Ok I am officially obsessed with this everything bagel recipe. I love everything bagels but always feel so unhealthy buying them. I am making this asap! I am really looking forward to this fashion blog! 🙂 For what it is worth, I really like the yellow top you are wearing in your photo!

Lauren @ Sweat The Sweet Stuff
    December 2, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Those bagels looks delicious! I like to think I’m fashionable. When I get the chance anyway. Not so much at work so the weekends are mine! My style is casual chic I’d say. I like the effortless look.

December 2, 2013 at 1:47 pm

I’m pretty sure that you look cute no matter what you have on so fashion blog away!!!
    Can’t wait for the turkey carcass recipe!!!

Megan (The Lyons' Share)
    December 2, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Haha, I am laughing about the two of us starting a fashion blog together. It would be the WORST. I love your pink pants, though – boots and all! 🙂 Glad you got out on the town this weekend!

Katy
    December 2, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I can totally relate to your office being frigid! Mine currently feels like an icebox and I am wearing a down vest AND have a fleece blanket wrapped around me! I actually like your boots/bright pink capri combo. Is that weird? 😉

Leeeeeeee
    December 2, 2013 at 3:23 pm

o0o I want those boots and pink tights! SEXAY. And that yoga tank. I want be you. I guess?

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots
    December 2, 2013 at 3:45 pm

there is nothing better then hot yoga in the winter, except for when you have to leave the studio and head back out into the cold 🙁

Jillienne @ ChasingRaspberries
    December 2, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Looks like a fabulous weekend with friends and fam! I love the hot yoga picture of you… I have been wanting to try hot yoga for a while now but haven’t taken the leap yet. I hear it’s amazing!

Lexi
    December 2, 2013 at 5:33 pm

You fashionista, you! Love you!!!

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    December 2, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Hot yoga sounds awesome! I slept a ton these past few days too, it felt awesome! I’m with you on the fashion thing. Once or twice a month I pull off something cute, but usually I’m just trying to figure out which combination of black/white/gray will work best that day! Can’t wait to hear about the turkey soup!

Kat
    December 2, 2013 at 6:42 pm

GIRL I feel you on the whole where the hell did the year go, thing. I mean I really cant believe that in just a month we will be in 2014. WHAT THE HECK?!
    And oh goodness, I try to be fashionable, I really do, but it just never seems to work. Guess that’s partially because Im such a tomboy. I wouldn’t know “cute” if it hit me in the face!

December 3, 2013 at 4:01 pm

hahahahaha I am the exact same way! But more sporty than tomboyish. I hate the idea of not wearing running shoes or uggs and workout pants!

Sarah Pie
    December 2, 2013 at 6:57 pm

mmmmm bagels! Your weekend sounds super eventful, and that’s not including the power outage. Can’t wait to see the turkey soup recipe 🙂

Danielle @ Green is the New Black
    December 2, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Those bagels look delicious! Sounds like a nice, eventful weekend! I have never tried hot yoga, but have been wanting to for a while, especially now that its cold!

Jess @ JessieBear What Will You Wear?
    December 2, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Love me some hot yoga naps 🙂

Steph
    December 2, 2013 at 9:58 pm

I love your pink workout capris! I am definitely (not) a fashionista 😉 Developing my sense of style is actually on my “to work on” list hah. Also LOVE the look of those everything cauliflower bagels, and the fact that they’re gluten free!

Brittany
    December 2, 2013 at 10:37 pm

OHHHH man, hot yoga..soooo amazing. I need to go to that shit more. I’ve only been twice and it was a bikram class in Arizona. I don’t think I’ve ever been able to fall asleep either, but I would love to be that relaxed! Your noms look sooooo good. Thank goodness for leftovers.

Sloane Pitman
    December 2, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Oh my gosh I’m glad someone else wears uggs with colored capri leggings. Glad you had a great weekend! xoxo

Melissa @ Fit 'n' Well Mommy
    December 2, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Those bagels look delicious! I have a couple of doughnut pans, so I need to try making some! I love the picture of your workout capris and uggs! I’m SO with you on that! I do the same thing!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl
    December 3, 2013 at 12:07 am

Love your fashion style girl, work it. I will be a fan of the fashion blog, hair net and all! Very haute couture! 😉

Melanie @ HappyBeingHealthy
    December 3, 2013 at 1:42 am

I can’t believe how fast the time is flying by either! Crazy. Your weekend sounded awesome. I need to try Hot Yoga….it sounds amazing! All of your food looks so yummy, especially those cauliflower bagels! Love! Oh, and 12 hours in bed sounds pretty much like heaven.

jefferson @PrimalWeightLoss
    December 3, 2013 at 7:40 am

Those are some tasty looking food picture you have there..

Our turkey leftovers are quite plentiful, indeed. We have two giant ziplags (what we call ziploc bags) to work with. Turkey soup is getting made tonight.

December 3, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Turkey soup will be my godsend for the next 2 weeks! And then for the rest of the year thanks to a copious amount that has been frozen! Hope you enjoyed yours 🙂

Meg @ The Compost Cook
    December 3, 2013 at 9:47 am

These pics/stories are amazing. I’m currently rocking a top knot and cat-printed leggings at work so clearly I appreciate your fashion:) Happy MIMM!

kathy @ vodka and soda
    December 3, 2013 at 11:27 am

i do not give two shits what i look like when i workout. that mostly extends to what i look like at work too. it sort of plays into my “bitch” reputation at the office so if i look the part, that just makes me even more menacing.

-kathy
    Vodka and Soda

December 3, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Okay, so I’m kind of a fashionista… except post-runs/yoga and sometimes on the weekends running errands. Friday after yoga I was wearing a pink hoodie, random purple Lulu yoga tights and ugg boots. I hadn’t washed my hair since Monday. I was praying I didn’t run into anyone I knew (I didn’t).

AlSO LOVE THE IDEA OF THOSE BAGELS. Have to add them to my never-ending list of delicious things you make that I need to try!

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    December 4, 2013 at 9:09 am

OMG…I am SUCH a sucker for everything bagels. I’m totally making those ASAP! If you made them again, would you make them with the baking soda in the donut pan? LOVE!

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs
    December 5, 2013 at 4:16 pm

I had to eat breakfast in a blackout a couple of days ago and it went terrible as I ended up with splatters of porridge all over my shirt oh well not cool.
    The fashion blog thing would be so nice 😉

ugg boots
    February 13, 2014 at 9:53 pm

I don’t be aware that the way I appeared below, nonetheless considered that post has been great. I can’t understand that that you are and surely you will definitely the well-known digg when you find yourself definitely not currently. Cheers!