Uncategorized

{MIMM} Weekend Recap 12/13-12/15

December 15, 2013

I’m currently in hibernation mode. If I had it my way I would stay inside for the next 5 months. Scratch that, if I had it my way I would be on a beach in Mexico with no plans of a flight home. Instead I’m making due with Mexican food and cursing my way through the snow. I was not meant to live in this weather!

Case in point that I need to live in a hot climate: I went to hot yoga post-work on Friday. After my awkward selfies I lay down to soak in the heat before the class started. Instead I fell asleep and woke up halfway through the class…true story.

yoga copyTo get back at my family for ditching me for the Florida heat I let them treat me to some filet mignon and wine. I contemplated getting veggies instead of fries for about 2.5 seconds before I came to my senses.

steak pitAnd then the storm started. I drowned my sorrows in pancakes. This is my second time making Mexican Hot Chocolate Pancakes and while I would love to post them, I keep being too hungry to even consider taking pictures. If you pressure me I’ll do it!

mexican hot chocolate pancakesDespite the fact that I would have preferred to spend the entire day inside, I ventured downtown in the middle of the snowstorm to learn about WordPress. I signed up for a course through Ladies Learning Code and while it was helpful for certain things I still would rather have been in bed.

ladies learning wordpressBecause I was already downtown and Mic and I are die-hard foodies we hauled ass to Barrio Coreano, a new Mexican-Korean joint by the Playa Cabana owners that just opened last month. I love any restaurant that greets you with a shot of whisky and sends you on your way with tequila spiked hot chocolate. The guac stole the show but the octopus tacos and tofu tacos with Chihuahua cheese were pretty damn good. And a goji berry negroni to wash everything down. Great food, but the service was top notch. GO HERE.

barrio coreanoSunday I had grand plans to food shop and hit the gym but then I looked outside and the thought of shovelling out my car made me sick. So instead I cooked and played with my camera and then let a Guiliana and Bill marathon suck me in for four hours.

pictureCurrently I am trying to muster up the courage to get my butt to the office. I would pull the snow day card but seeing as snow has never stopped Canadians I don’t think that will fly. Not to mention the whole I have 5 days left at my job thing…

Have you ever fallen asleep in yoga? What’s the weather like near you?

Paige@FitNotFad
    December 15, 2013 at 9:56 pm

That’s too funny about yoga! At least you were comfy and relaxed 🙂 Definitely going to need that pancake recipe……do it do it do it!! Glad you had a good weekend 🙂
    Paige@FitNotFad recently posted…MIMM + Weekly Goals

December 15, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Chihuahua cheese? I’m almost afraid to ask… which is why it makes perfect sense for me to be Googling it as we speak 😯 Ohhhhh, okay — named after the state, not the dog. I imagine it’d be hard to milk those little guys 😯

PS – not to rub it in, but our weather has been gorgeous. Don’t worry — supposed to go back to normal (aka: blizzardy) by the end of the week.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. link love 12/15 .

December 17, 2013 at 9:31 am

hahahahaha I had the same reaction! But then they explained it was the region and not made from dog lol Apparently it’s the only resto in Toronto to sell it so I HAD to try it and yes, it was amazeballs!

Danielle @ Green is the New Black
    December 15, 2013 at 9:58 pm

I have fallen asleep at the end of yoga, never at the beginning! I can’t believe no one woke you up! We are snowy here as well after a storm this weekend. I don’t mind a little snow before Christmas, but once it’s over, I’d like the snow to go with it! (Too bad winter is much longer than that!)
    Danielle @ Green is the New Black recently posted…Friday Five: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Me

December 17, 2013 at 9:32 am

I’m probably the only person to ever fall asleep BEFORE class…I think I may have needed a nap 😉

Madison @ Eating 4 Balance
    December 15, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Oh wow… Look at that pretty camera! 🙂

I’ve never fallen asleep doing yoga before but I’ve fallen asleep in some pretty weird places so I can totally relate.

Weather – cold, snowy, terrible. Sounds very similar to yours!
    Madison @ Eating 4 Balance recently posted…Microwave Cinnamon Rolls — 12 Days of Allergy-Free Christmas Recipes Day One

Danielle @ LabelsAreForTinCans
    December 15, 2013 at 10:37 pm

That is amazing you woke up halfway thru class! Obviously needed the rest 😉

Thanks for the restaurant recommendation! That sounds really good – and such a cool combination of cuisines!
    Danielle @ LabelsAreForTinCans recently posted…Link Love

December 17, 2013 at 9:36 am

You must check it out over the break! Bathurst and bloor so location is convenient too 🙂

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    December 15, 2013 at 10:39 pm

It’s only 5 days… you can do this! And I’m telling myself the same thing…. only 3 full days and 2 half days and it’s Christmas break. Yippee!
    Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted…Ditch the Diet!

December 15, 2013 at 10:53 pm

I feel like I was just commenting on here a few hours ago…your posts fit my breaks perfectly 😉

When I visit Canada can we please go to that Mexican Korean place? I’ll look past the racism! Yoga = an excuse to nap in my eyes.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Recipe Teasing and VHS gems

December 17, 2013 at 9:38 am

There’s nothing more racist than a Mexican Korean restaurant. There’s no culture in that…

George Godin
    December 15, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Yay! The food looks really delicious and healthy. I guess, I need to try this. We really need to eat healthy foods in order to be fit and healthy.

Katie @ 24 Carrot Life
    December 15, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Consider yourself pressured to share the pancake recipe. I figure if I’m living in Mexico I should know a good recipe for Mexican chocolate pancakes for my Sunday pancake ritual!
    Katie @ 24 Carrot Life recently posted…Chia Jam Almond Thumbprint Cookies

cait @pieceofcait
    December 15, 2013 at 11:20 pm

We got snow here again in Pennsylvania. this past week it snowed 3x… lovely… not. while I like being cozy… I would prefer being at the beach myself! T minus how many months til spring?

Jessie
    December 15, 2013 at 11:22 pm

I’ve NEVER seen octopus tacos and tofu tacos on a Mexican menu before…. obviously I haven’t eaten at a good restaurant. You know how I adore you right?? Well I think you should try to recreate this dish for all of us =)
    Jessie recently posted…MIMM: Fiber Love Review & Giveaway

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health
    December 16, 2013 at 12:07 am

That is hilarious that you fell asleep in yoga! I can’t believe no one woke you up to tell you class was starting. You must have looked so peaceful.

Looks like a nice weekend! It’s sunny here and in the 50’s but I wish it would snow! I want a reason to lay in bed and not get out all day. I would love to get lost in a reality show marathon too but I keep forgetting to record anything.

December 17, 2013 at 9:43 am

I was front row center too…I guess they just thought I was practicing my shavasana or something. Whoops!

Melanie @ HappyBeingHealthy
    December 16, 2013 at 12:10 am

I love that you chose fries over veggies, lol! I have that same dilemma a lot, and I usually pick the fries too. Your fries looked especially good. Those Mexican Hot Chocolate Pancakes look pretty dang good too! Yum. I also love that cool picture you took of your camera and food. So fun.
    Melanie @ HappyBeingHealthy recently posted…Craziness, a Wonderful Concert and Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets

December 17, 2013 at 9:44 am

Veggies vs fries is my daily struggle haha. Most of the time fries win. Or both!

I’ll get working on the pancakes 😉

Lauren @ Sweat The Sweet Stuff
    December 16, 2013 at 12:30 am

That’s hilarious that you feel asleep! I wonder why the instructor didn’t wake you? Maybe it would be awkward. Can’t say that’s happened to me yet.

December 17, 2013 at 9:45 am

I guess she just thought I was practicing my shavasana??!?! I dunno but I was totally startled when I woke up haha

Erin @ The Almond Eater
    December 16, 2013 at 4:27 am

You fell asleep in yoga ahhah that’s going to be me soon enough. Love G&B marathons–so easy to get sucked in. Also, I’m always contemplating veggies or fries as my side when I go out to eat. It’s ridiculous how many times I go back in forth in my mind. If I know the place has good fries I just have to get them–it’s a no brainer, really. Enjoy your LAST week of work!!!
    Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Weekend Wrap-Up 12/13-12/15

December 17, 2013 at 9:46 am

I can’t turn down good fries ever! Most of the time I get both and somehow think it justifies the grease haha. And thanks girly! This week is dragggggging gah!

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com
    December 16, 2013 at 4:35 am

Davida – thanks for a chuckle this morning, you falling asleep and waking up in the middle of class is too funny!

Dang that sounds like one heck of restaurant greeting you and sending you off with complimentary drinks! Speaking of drinks… stop eating the mexican hot chocolate pancakes and post em – please!
    Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted…Banana Walnut Granola Muffins!

December 17, 2013 at 9:47 am

I’m glad a typical incident in my life could make you laugh haha 🙂

I’ll photograph and post soon!

Jo @ LIVING MINT GREEN
    December 16, 2013 at 7:23 am

Sorry about that shitty weather I sent you. We got it BAD here a couple wks ago – so bad that the city basically shut down & cars were getting stuck everywhere. But, now it’s warm again and the snow is melting. Yay!

HOW did you manage to fall asleep in hot yoga?! Maybe I should try it sometime…
    Jo @ LIVING MINT GREEN recently posted…In Case You’re Wondering…

December 17, 2013 at 9:48 am

I should have added that I can fall asleep everywhere…except for my bed. But apparently 40 degree heat and a hard floor is especially tempting for me.

Madison
    December 16, 2013 at 7:25 am

Oh my gosh–I used to LOVE falling asleep at the end of yoga. Relaxation at it’s finest, right? Looks like a great weekend!!!!
    Madison recently posted…Letter to 16 Year Old Me

December 16, 2013 at 7:37 am

I ventured out in the snow Saturday night to go to someone’s birthday dinner. But the party was a complete bust (supposed to be a surprise) and the girl was like an hour later than she was supposed to be. So I left, and spent my Saturday on the couch. It was amazing. Looks like the snow is going to come back here tomorrow, but then it holds up for the rest of the week…just in time for me to get the heck out of here and fly south for the winter!

One more week. You got this!
    Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…A Whole Lot Better Than Good Enough

December 17, 2013 at 9:49 am

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!! I’ll be avoiding hypothermia in northern minnesota. What have I gotten myself into???

Jen @ SavedbytheKale
    December 16, 2013 at 8:06 am

You had me at Guac!!! I could eat that for breakfast, lunch and dinner! All the food looked great though, if I lived close I would definitely hit it up! If you want warmer weather you need to come on down to Georgia! Our highs this week are ranging from the 60’s-80’s! You never put away your flip flops down here 🙂
    Jen @ SavedbytheKale recently posted…Weekend Recap

December 17, 2013 at 9:50 am

Any chance you have a good guac recipe for me?!? I’m on mexican night duty for my bf’s fam over the holidays and I want to impress them with my guac skills haha

December 16, 2013 at 9:07 am

I’d love to see that pancake recipe. I still desperately want to try your Peppermint Mocha waffles but pancakes… any tips on swaps I should make to do pancakes instead of waffles?
    I am, likewise, addicted to french fries. I was just telling my hubs that if someone put a table full of fries down in front of me, I’d likely eat them all and then die. Haha!
    Have a great Monday!
    Cassie recently posted…Sunday Prep #6

December 17, 2013 at 9:52 am

They should definitely work as pancakes! Let me know how it goes!

French fries are my weakness. I cant turn them down…ever!

Jackie
    December 16, 2013 at 9:21 am

I’ve fallen asleep in yoga too! Haha !!!
    Jackie recently posted…Weekend Recap!

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    December 16, 2013 at 9:30 am

I’ve definitely fallen asleep in yoga before! That Mexican place looks ridiculously good and makes me want to get Mexican for lunch now. I’ll totally jump on the Mexican vacation flight with you! It’s only 45 here in VA, but it might as well be below 0, I’m not cut out for cold weather.
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Weekend Happenings

Em @ Love A Latte
    December 16, 2013 at 9:34 am

It’s freezing and snowy here!! Which I like for the holidays, but it sure is COLD!
    Em @ Love A Latte recently posted…Wonderful Winter Weekend

kathy @ vodka and soda
    December 16, 2013 at 9:37 am

i hate winter. i have lived in toronto all my life and like you, i cannot get used to the winter. let’s run away together and go south, set up shop on the beach and live out our lives there. what say you?!

that said, i have fallen asleep in yoga; like legit snored and everything. the instructor had to wake me up because the class was over. it was awesome 🙂
    kathy @ vodka and soda recently posted…relationship tips

Christa @ Sit-ups & Sequins
    December 16, 2013 at 9:55 am

Three things:

1. I just laughed out loud, thinking of you sleeping through yoga. I can’t blame you, it’s so relaxing and sometimes a little shut eye is necessary. 🙂
    2. Fries always win when you eat out. Always.
    3. Further evidence we can be friends- G&B. I’m convinced that if I were a celeb living in LA, G and I would be besties.

Hope you have a great day!
    Christa @ Sit-ups & Sequins recently posted…Stairmaster Interval Workout

December 17, 2013 at 9:56 am

1. Glad a typical incident in my life could make you laugh!
      2. Fries will ALWAYS win.
      3. Me, you and G. Besties fo lyfe!

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    December 16, 2013 at 10:13 am

Five days! You can do it! I am right there with you, I do not feel like leaving my house unless it is for food or a movie. I have zero motivation to get to the gym in the snow but I need to go so I don’t get stir crazy! Also, I need to learn code.
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Double Link-Up

Kaitlin
    December 16, 2013 at 10:45 am

I’m not much of a yoga person. Until the last few minutes when we “rest our eyes” 🙂
    Kaitlin recently posted…Weekend for the Records

Sarah & Arkadi
    December 16, 2013 at 10:48 am

Octopus tacos! Sounds amazing!
    Sarah & Arkadi recently posted…Greek Yogurt with Pomegranate, Toasted Coconut and Pandan Syrup

Mary Frances
    December 16, 2013 at 10:51 am

Barrio Coreano – oh my goodness, the food sounds INCREDIBLE! And an afternoon of baking, eating, and photographing sounds so fun right now. 😉 Shoveling snow already? The only time I really want snow is Christmas. Other than that, it can be a real pain! This was one of my favorite posts to read Davida! P.S. I would love the pancake recipe! 🙂
    Mary Frances recently posted…Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Honey Gingerbread Muffins

December 17, 2013 at 10:05 am

Aw thanks Mary Frances! I did all those things to avoid shovelling haha. But I succumbed yesterday. I’ll work on the pancake pictures for you 🙂

Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds
    December 16, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I’ve fallen asleep at the end of Bikram during savasana. Luckily my mom was there to wake me up, but those hot rooms are sooo comfy and sleep inducing. That restaurant sounds amazing. Mostly for the welcome drinks, but the food looks great. I’ll make sure to check it out when I visit Toronto one day. In the summer of course, because you’ve sold this Southern California girl on NOT coming any other season 🙂
    Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds recently posted…Friday Five – the good & the bad

December 17, 2013 at 10:06 am

Don’t you dare come here during the winter because I’ll be moving in with you shortly. We can have one house in exotic Canada for the summer and one house in SoCal for the rest of the year. You in?

Lauren @ ihadabiglunch
    December 16, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Woah octopus tacos! That sounds crazy good (as long as the pieces are crunchy and not super chewy like octopus can be haha). I love Mexican food..very rarely will I turn down an invite to a place with guac, free chips and salsa, and frozen margaritas the size of my head. Everything looks delicious! And Giuliana and Bill? Cutest couple award. They live part time in Chicago and I’m not ashamed to say I walk past their condo every once in awhile hoping to get a glimpse. 🙂
    Lauren @ ihadabiglunch recently posted…holiday treats and graduation eats

December 17, 2013 at 10:08 am

Omg I would set up camp outside their condo and stalk them haha. I feel like you’d make an awesome foodie in crime 😉

Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair
    December 16, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I’ve been dying to go to Barrio Coreano! I love Playa Cabana so I’m sure I’d love their new place. Guac is my weakness. PS – that Guliana and Bill marathon sucked me too. Damn you E!
    Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair recently posted…My Ten Tips for a Happy & Healthy Holiday Season

December 17, 2013 at 10:09 am

Sunday was a total write-off! Damn E. And anytime you wanna go I’d be more than happy to accompany you 🙂

Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health
    December 16, 2013 at 1:04 pm

im tempted to try hot yoga as well, need to really look up a class around my area. I would prefer to be in bed any day but if tacos are involved, that might change me mind.
    Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health recently posted…Holiday Party Photo Essay

December 17, 2013 at 10:10 am

tacos were the only reason I left my house! And definitely check out some hot yoga in your area. I am a total convert!

Mireya @myhealthyeatinghabits
    December 16, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Hi, I found you on Joanne’s page. No, I’ve never fallen asleep in yoga, but I have fallen asleep in meditation (ha h).

December 17, 2013 at 10:11 am

I’ve never tried mediation but there’s a 100% chance I would fall asleep during it haha

Parita @ myinnershakti
    December 16, 2013 at 1:30 pm

So I definitely think you should come to FL! The weather is perfect – cooling down for sure but beautiful. Yesterday I wore shorts and a tank. SO YEA…COME ON DOWN!

Christine@ Apple of My Eye
    December 16, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Loving all the tasty food thats been in your life! And can’t wait to see the final product of that food photography, looks so tasty!
    Christine@ Apple of My Eye recently posted…Skinny Spiced Chocolate Crackles

Becky @ Olives n Wine
    December 16, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Oh my gosh, I LOL’d about falling asleep in yoga! I’ve almost done the same thing after a long day of work but save the sleeping until the end 😉 I’m with ya on the cold climate. I’m ready to ditch this place and move south – wanna be roomies? I’ll bring the wine.
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…Peanut Butter-Chocolate Swirl Fudge

Leslee @ Her Happy Balance
    December 16, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Look at you being all awesome and bettering yourself by taking a WordPress class! That’s actually really cool, was it useful?

Your food photo skills are awesome. I need to start paying more attention to lighting and actually using a real camera. But alas, I am lazy and will probably always use my iPhone.

Also, Mexican food is my ish. I have been craving fresh foods recently (AKA veggies) mostly because I’ve been eating carb-loaded winter junk. Le sigh. I want tacos.
    Leslee @ Her Happy Balance recently posted…Almond Biscuit Cookies

December 17, 2013 at 10:25 am

I’m so computer illiterate that I feel like I came out of the course dumber haha.

I want tacos and fries every day of my life but I’m trying to avoid scurvy so I occasionally eat a vegetable haha.

Damn slave to daylight! I hate food photography grrr

December 16, 2013 at 4:07 pm

UGH!!! I could never live in Canada!!! I think Kansas is bad enough and have already told my husband that when he retires we are going to live on a beach – I figure 20ish years in Kansas deserves that (less than 6 years till that happy day!!!).
    Glad that your outings were at least so great – sleeping in yoga and great food!!!
    Stay safe in the snow!
    Kim recently posted…Does Simple Count?

December 17, 2013 at 10:26 am

I’d be counting down the seconds!!! Hopefully will be moving out west in a few years 🙂

Amy @ Elephant Eats
    December 16, 2013 at 4:16 pm

That wordpress course sounds great! I wonder if they have anything like that around here. How did you find it? I’m with you on loving Guiliana and Bill and I have watched more 4 hour blocks of that show than I care to admit 😉 Also, I need that chocolate pancake recipe!!!
    Amy @ Elephant Eats recently posted…House Update #2!

December 17, 2013 at 10:27 am

It’s through an org called Ladies Learning Code. I think it’s just in Canada but they may have something similar in the states? It was good but I’m so dumb when it comes to technology so I don’t know how much will stick!

I’ll get working on the pancakes 😉

December 16, 2013 at 4:26 pm

I always fall asleep in savasana… I’m surprised I haven’t fallen asleep before then.

The weather is cold and terrible here. I’m over it. I’m all for Mexico – when can you leave?
    Cassie recently posted…Coconut Cauliflower Rice

Jillienne @ ChasingRaspberries
    December 16, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Even though I live in LA, I could definitely go for some Cabo weather right about now! Looks like a fabulous weekend despite the weather outside. Besides, nothing is better than filet mignon and fries!
    Jillienne @ ChasingRaspberries recently posted…Team NutriBullet LA Marathon: Running Form ABC’s

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl
    December 16, 2013 at 5:54 pm

All I want right now is a big plate of fries! You tempted me! <3
    Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl recently posted…It’s Cookie Week! + The Best Peanut Butter Blossoms

Tonya@Healthy, Fit, and Frugal
    December 16, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Holy cow that taco looks amazing! I think we have similar taste in food my friend! I grew up in Michigan, so I totally get feeling like you don’t belong in cold weather. I knew I wanted to move, even when I was a little kid.
    Tonya@Healthy, Fit, and Frugal recently posted…1/2 Marathon Training Diaries-Week 7

December 17, 2013 at 10:29 am

Yup, I’m outta here in a few years! I feel like I’m paying my dues and then I’m moving West!

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast
    December 16, 2013 at 7:10 pm

I feel the same way about winter- I wish I lived in a warmer climate! I’m already counting down until spring and it’s just beginning!
    Laura @ Mommy Run Fast recently posted…Find Joy in the Ordinary

Aqilah @ PrettyAwesomeFitness
    December 16, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I fell asleep in my very first yoga class when the instructor made us do the corpse pose. Thought I’d never do yoga again but still am. Have a great week and hope the weather picks up! 🙂
    Aqilah @ PrettyAwesomeFitness recently posted…Why Carbohydrates Are Not That Evil After All

Karey @ Nutty About Health
    December 16, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I completely hear you on not liking the snow & being made for this type of climate. I’m not liking living back in WI one bit & we’re really missing FL… sometimes I question my sanity for moving back here. Darn family. lol So cold here… like a high of 10 degrees today & snow. Hope you managed to muster up the motivation to go to work. Hang in there, not too much longer now! 🙂
    Karey @ Nutty About Health recently posted…MIMM: Sunday Smiles

December 17, 2013 at 10:33 am

I can’t imagine ever moving away from Florida!!! I need the heat. I didn’t inherit the Canadian genes apparently…

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama
    December 16, 2013 at 8:27 pm

I can’t believe you feel asleep before class! I think you needed a little nap. That’s too funny! Didn’t anyone around you notice?
    Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted…One Marvelous Mile

December 17, 2013 at 10:31 am

Oh I’m sure they noticed, I was front-row center! But apparently I was too zen looking to wake up haha

Christine @ Gotta Eat Green
    December 16, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Hahaha ok, what? You fell asleep? And no one woke you up? Does that mean everyone around you was all into the class and you were just sleeping? Haha I can’t even picture this. So funny.
    Christine @ Gotta Eat Green recently posted…The Week Before Christmas

Jordan Lynn // Life Between Lattes
    December 16, 2013 at 9:07 pm

I’ve fallen asleep in savasana, but never during class – that is a really funny story! I love hot yoga in the winter ( I cannot bear to do it in the summer), but I haven’t found a studio yet in DC!

I am also so over winter, and it hasn’t even officially started – I’m pretty sure my career goals should include moving somewhere more temperate.

December 17, 2013 at 10:30 am

Can’t do it in the summer either but apparently in the winter it’s very nap inducing haha

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    December 16, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Haha I love the yoga story! I can’t say I’ve ever fallen asleep in yoga though I’ve wanted to during savasana! Hang in there with your job! You are so close to being done!

December 16, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Have a great last week at this gig, Davida!

I’m on the East coast in New Jersey for a few weeks seeing my loved ones, and BRRRR, it’s too cold here for me. I’m not a fan of snow!
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…My New Love in the Kitchen: The Ninja BL740 Blender

December 17, 2013 at 10:21 am

But lucky you gets to spend the rest of the winter out West! Where’s my invite Nicole?!?

Carla
    December 16, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Never been to hot Yoga before but it sure sounds warm and toasty. And nap worthy!

After reading your snow stories, my Monday is pretty Marvelous! 🙂
    Carla recently posted…Let the Running Begin

Mary @ Fit and Fed
    December 16, 2013 at 9:50 pm

I feel ya on the weather and just wanting to nest at home! We haven’t done too badly in terms of the infamous Seattle rain this month, but the early darkness is getting to me. You could definitely have pulled the snow card if there were any snow and you lived here, everyone who can works from home when it snows.
    Mary @ Fit and Fed recently posted…Winter Reds Salad with Pomegranate Dressing

December 17, 2013 at 10:18 am

Why are Canadians so good at snow??? I feel like my life shuts down when it snows! Time to move…

Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A.
    December 16, 2013 at 10:28 pm

I can’t believe you fell asleep before class even started, haha! I’ve fallen asleep at the end during savasana, but never in the beginning.

Btw, if you’re a big G & B fan, you may be interested to know that G’s assistant Sarah is my former roomie! Random 🙂
    Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A. recently posted…A Dog Birthday Party Fit for a Chow

Sarah Pie
    December 16, 2013 at 11:59 pm

I’ve never fallen asleep in yoga, but I would love the chance to sleep my way through winter!! It sounds like you did a great job keeping yourself warm with lots of delicious food and even getting some work done 🙂
    Sarah Pie recently posted…WIAW #31: Treats and Parties

December 17, 2013 at 10:17 am

Sometimes I wish I could legitimately hibernate. It would be kind of awesome to not have to deal with the cold…or maybe I should just move somewhere warm haha

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    December 17, 2013 at 7:41 am

Ok, I’m sorry but I’m about to put myself into a giggling fit thinking about your OCTOPUS tacos, your TOFU tacos, and your cheese made from PUPPIES! Lmao! But before I do, can I get some of that hot cocoa, please? 😉

I’d complain about how cold it’s been around here lately, but I know it’s nowhere NEAR as cold as it’s been up there for you…and well, we’re actually about to get a bit of a warm front. I won’t dare tell you how high it’s supposed to get. Just think warm thoughts…and unicorns…and rainbows…and cuddly puppies that are NOT made into a condiment! Bahahaha!
    Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted…Movie Monday

December 17, 2013 at 10:15 am

I legit asked the waiter if the cheese was made from dog. He gave me a sassy look and informed me Chihuahua is a state in Mexico…I’m so culture red.

Please refrain from telling me about your weather unless it includes an invite to come stay with you…

Caitlin
    December 17, 2013 at 9:42 am

I loved loved loved that food when you posted it on Insta over the weekend and I still love it now! LOLing at you falling asleep for half of yoga class. I wish that I could let my mind relax enough in a yoga class to fall asleep! This post could have been written by me. Not made for this weather? TELL ME ABOUT IT.
    Caitlin recently posted…MIMM: Holiday Cheer!

December 17, 2013 at 11:21 am

I woke up and was so startled. Everyone around me was sweating their asses off in warrior 2. I was so confused haha. Sooooo let’s just move cool?

Heather Murphy
    December 17, 2013 at 9:20 pm

That is so funny that you fell asleep.. It’s even funnier that no one woke you up. I guess they felt like if you fell asleep in public you really needed the rest so they let you be. Hey gotta catch a nap where you can these days..

Amy Tong
    December 17, 2013 at 11:09 pm

What a fun filled weekend. hehe….I havent’ fall asleep during yoga yet,….but certainly did when I got a facial. So embarrassing. 😛
    Amy Tong recently posted…20 Easy Homemade Gifts That Your Friends and Family Will Love

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs
    December 18, 2013 at 4:14 pm

The weather here is not as terrible as it used too… and definitely nowhere as bad as yours whooops ((hey, move here, I’ve got lots of cookies to share. And bring those pancakes!)).
    So funny about the restaurant. I had read “chihuahua tacos” and I almost cried :”( Though chihuahua cheese sounds nice yup. And the octopus tacos too ; )
    Consuelo @ Honey & Figs recently posted…Homemade Baileys Irish Cream

Becky Conner
    August 13, 2015 at 8:08 am

Nice weekend! I have also fell asleep few times in yoga class. Then I was feeling very awkward because the girls told me that I was snoring a little bit! 🙂

I wish that I can move somewhere south, too! I live in England and here is always cold. I have to visit Florida some day!

Thanks for sharing!