random ramblings

Random Ramblings #5 {Love-Hate Edition}

December 20, 2013

So I’m a little late to the party but I thought I would link-up with Amanda’s Thinking Out Loud series today. This is partially because my Random Ramblings perfectly align with her’s and partially because I am obsessed with her. Spooning with her is my favourite activity (did you see what I did there?!?!)…and by spooning I mean harassing her daily via blog, twitter, text etc…

Today’s ramblings have a theme. Things I have a love-hate relationship with. I have a habit of always looking for the worst. I think it’s a coping mechanism to prepare for when disaster strikes. For the record disaster in my world can range from real health issues to a paper cut. One of my New Year’s resolutions is to be more positive. But why wait until January 1st to get started? So today I’m recognizing the bad but focusing on the good. Fake it till you make you am I right?

Love: My family has finally figured out how awesome it is to take pictures of your food. They’ve decided to take it upon themselves to photograph every single one of their meals and then text them to me. Here is a collage of what they’ve eaten.

Hate: The fact that they get to indulge in all of this goodness and soak in the Florida heat while I freeze my ass off in the tundra.

Florida Food CollageLove: This girl finally being home from Ireland and having a long overdo sushi date with her and her puppy.

Hate: That the Irish have kidnapped her for 10 months of the year depriving her of me and good sushi.

sab and rhett collageLove: Amazing videos like this. Please take 30 seconds to watch this.

Hate: That people still think it’s acceptable to use the R-word.

Love: Getting to spend a week with C’s family and giving myself some much overdo rest and relaxation.

Hate: The fact that we’ll be spending this relaxation in subarctic temperatures. I certainly would not complain if they chose to move to a warmer State. *sidenote: I’m still SO excited to see you guys!

minnesotaLove: IT’S MY LAST DAY OF WORK!

Hate:…

Photo on 2013-12-05 at 1.39 PM #2

The Christmas colours were not intentional…

Thanks to my girl Amanda for hosting us! I’m sure every single one of you already knows who she is but if you don’t you should probably go stalk her like I do.

Thinking-Out-Loud

I’m off to Minnesota tonight and could literally pee myself with excitement over seeing a certain Fit Foodie. See you on the flip side!

What do you currently have a love-hate relationship with? Anyone else travelling this weekend?

Ksenija @ With An Open Mind
    December 20, 2013 at 5:52 am

Doesn’t look like there is too much to hate 😉 Yay for the last day of work! I had mine on Monday and since then it’s all packing and excitement. Btw – though Florida sounds really tempting I actually wouldn’t mind some winter temperatures for Christmas. It’s been 7-9 °C in Germany for the last days and really doesn’t feel like December.
    Ksenija @ With An Open Mind recently posted…Francipation!

December 20, 2013 at 6:57 am

Wait. Your family went to Florida together without you? Rude!!

But yay for your last day of work and going to Minnesota! I hope you have an amazing time. 😀

I have a love/hate relationship with the weather right now… oh no, wait, I just plain hate it. It’s ruining so many of my plans lately!
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…Pinterest hits and misses

December 21, 2013 at 1:22 pm

so rude right??? The weather is my nemesis right now. Caused a 2 hour delay at the airport for me and now my bf is stuck in Montreal for 24 hours thanks to freezing rain! Not pleased…

Kim @ BusyBod
    December 20, 2013 at 6:59 am

Friend, I’m sensing that a lot of your negativity comes from living in the great white north. I prescribe frequent trips south, even if “south” is just the northeast US 🙂

I actually have a love hate relationship with winter. I missed the season when I lived in Florida and I love the picture perfect winter wonderland… emphasis on picture because the second I’m outside for more than two seconds I want to hop a plane to the Caribbean (with the exception of enjoying that rare perfect fluffy snow shower). I was built for warmer weather, but my people are in the north, so the north is where I stay.
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…Last final, random thoughts, & Friday favs

December 21, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I feel exactly the same way! I love looking out my window at the snow but I hate being in it! I think I need to live somewhere warm but then fly home for the holidays. If I’ve learned anything from living in 3 cold cities it’s that I wasn’t built for this weather! Time for me to move south 🙂 So happy you’re done and hope you and Jon have a safe drive to vermont xo

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    December 20, 2013 at 7:12 am

I bet you’re so happy it’s your last day of work!! Your family’s eats look amazing too. Have a great weekend lady!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Half-day Happiness

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles
    December 20, 2013 at 7:29 am

I always wanted to go to the Mall of American in Mn – will you get to go there? Love/hate for me..hmmm…I don’t know! Maybe NY right now – love it, it’s home but it’s cold and I am getting old to the point where I need spring/summer weather year round!
    meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Adidas Update and New Beauty Finds

December 21, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I’ve never been!!! We always go up north and so the only day we’re in Minneapolis is for Christmas and the day after which sounds like complete madness to visit to MofA! One day I will though!

kathy @ vodka and soda
    December 20, 2013 at 7:38 am

happy travels, D!

i love/hate:

-waking up at 5am for workouts. hate because it’s 5am and love because it’s working out. sort of.
    -work. love because of what i do; hate because i have to work.
    -driving. love driving; hate the traffic. they really should build me my own lane. i would pay good money for that shit.

-kathy
    Vodka and Soda
    kathy @ vodka and soda recently posted…maybe i pissed santa off.

Jen @ SavedbytheKale
    December 20, 2013 at 8:24 am

Congrats on today being your last day! My biggest love/hate relationship at the moment is with coffee I Love It, but Hate that I cannot drink it all day long. We will be travelling the day after Christmas. Going up to SC for 10 days. Have fun in Minnesota!!!
    Jen @ SavedbytheKale recently posted…Christmas Movies I Can’t Miss

Elise @ 9toFit.com
    December 20, 2013 at 8:29 am

traveling to new york today at 11:30! Can not wait for this vacation to start!
    Elise @ 9toFit.com recently posted…Feature Friday: Running with Spoons

Brittany
    December 20, 2013 at 8:31 am

Safe travels you sexy biatchhh!! WHOOO LAST DAY OF WORK!!!! SO exciting. Have a great time with family and eat LOTS OF COOKIES FOR ME! I love waking up early, but HATE SEEING SNOW ON MY CAR! DA FUQQQ?!
    Brittany recently posted…Surviving the Holidays

December 21, 2013 at 1:38 pm

I am taking on your challenge fully. I shall eat all the cookies for you and me! And let’s not talk about how my car was drowned in snow and I couldn’t get in it. FUCK SNOW.

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    December 20, 2013 at 8:34 am

Yay for the last day of work! I’m so jealous, but luckily, I get two weeks off after today!
    Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted…Merry Christmas to you!

Joanne
    December 20, 2013 at 8:35 am

Living in the tundra is not fun. I speak from experience (and by experience I mean, the tundra that is NYC :P). Have fun over the next few days and stay warm!
    Joanne recently posted…Peppermint Mocha Tiramisu

December 20, 2013 at 8:44 am

Haha Eric’s now taking photos of his food to show me…it’s actually a tad hilarious to know that I’ve influenced him to do that :-p
    Yay last day!!!!
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Five Things Friday 12/20/13.

Florence
    December 20, 2013 at 8:44 am

I’m currently loving the holiday spirit (making oranges with cloves, and cards, and listening to holiday music). What I’m hating is all the work that has to be done before christmas, as well as the prospect of some not so great holiday parties (holiday parties are actually a love too. there’s a huge love hate relationship there).

December 21, 2013 at 1:39 pm

ohhhh holiday parties. They can either be a total blast or incredibly awkward…The work that goes into Christmas is insane!

Erin @ The Almond Eater
    December 20, 2013 at 8:57 am

LAST DAY LAST DAY LAST DAY!!!! I’m doing a happy dance over for you over here in my office. So happy for you 🙂 Also–that’s awesome that your fam sends you food pics. Hmmmm I have a love/hate relationship with my laptop. Weird but….it’s a Macbook air so it’s very nice but it doesn’t store much so I have to delete things off of it all the time and it’s a bit of a hassle. But I love it because it’s a Mac. Have a great holiday weekend!!
    Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…A Delicious Mason Jar Fail

December 21, 2013 at 1:40 pm

omg I HAVE THE SAME FEELING. I spent like an entire day clearing off pictures from my computer because the stupid hard drive is too small! It’s a mac, it should suit my every need right?!?! gahhhh

Have a lovely holiday weekend yourself, beauts!

December 20, 2013 at 9:03 am

HAPPY LAST DAY OF WORK!! I was just about to text you that, but I figured I’d just leave it here. But don’t be fooled, I remembered that it was your last day of work way before I read this post. Love you boo. Have a wonderful time in Minnesota (I hope you can hear my Minnesota accent through this computer). xo
    Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…Staying Healthy During the Holidays

Kat
    December 20, 2013 at 9:18 am

That’s so awesome that your family has started taking foodie pics! Haha my family still mocks and makes fun of me when I take pictures lol
    And congrats on your last day!! Hope its a memorable one :):)
    Kat recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #2

December 21, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Very memorable for me and certainly memorable for them as I did a happy dance out the door haha. Happy holidays lovely!

December 20, 2013 at 9:20 am

Happy last day of work!
    Cassie recently posted….thinking out loud. #2

Alex @ Cookie Dough Katzen
    December 20, 2013 at 9:20 am

Yay for holiday vacation! Have a safe trip!!
    Alex @ Cookie Dough Katzen recently posted…Chocolate Diet Giveaway

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots
    December 20, 2013 at 10:11 am

Happy last day of work!! I am sure its bittersweet!! I hate that it’s cold and wish I was going some place warm!
    Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted…Fun Facts Friday

Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds
    December 20, 2013 at 11:57 am

Thank you for sharing my completely irrational logic of what constitutes a disaster! I spilled coffee this morning and you could have basically just stuck a knife through my heart. Such a travesty.
    I LOVE that it’s your last day of work! I HATE that I can’t join in on the fun yet. Congrats on blowin’ that popsicle stand. I’m pretty sure that going into the holidays knowing that you don’t have to show up to work when it’s over is an amazing feeling.

Have fun in Minnesota!!
    Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds recently posted…Friday Five – A real Christmas miracle

Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair
    December 20, 2013 at 11:59 am

Happy last day of work!! Also I love that your family sends you pictures of what they eat. That’s amazing! So jealous that get to bask in the Floridian sun. It’s too damn cold in Toronto!
    Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair recently posted…Gingerbread Protein Mini Muffins {Gluten-Free}

December 21, 2013 at 12:52 pm

I thought it was cold in Toronto until I got to Minnesota…SO COLD HERE gah! Stay warm xo

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    December 20, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Congrats on being done with work! Have an awesome time in Minnesota!
    Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted…Lately: The Turning 25 Edition

December 20, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Doing serious happy dances for you, lady! Okay… so it might be the Christmas music playing in the background, but I am PSYCHED that you’re almost free and ready to start the next chapter.

PS – I heart you tonnes
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #57 .

cait @pieceofcait
    December 20, 2013 at 1:35 pm

wow look at all the awesome food they are enjoying! even though you aren’t with them, at least you can enjoy your own little vaca! and peace out workkkkkkkk! 🙂
    cait @pieceofcait recently posted…Hallelujah! & Winter favorites!

Lexi @ Lexi's Clean Kitchen
    December 20, 2013 at 1:55 pm

You’re the cutest!

Love- vacation
    Hate- not seeing you two!

XOXOX Happy happy holidays.
    Lexi @ Lexi’s Clean Kitchen recently posted…Double Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies

Danielle @ LabelsAreForTinCans
    December 20, 2013 at 1:58 pm

That is amazing your parents have started taking pictures of the food they eat! I sense a new weekly series 😉 Thanks for passing on that video. Isn’t that the truth!

Have a great time in Minnesota and congrats on your last day!

Love/Hate: the snow! Feels so holiday-like… but it is cold.
    Danielle @ LabelsAreForTinCans recently posted…Food Lately: Whole Chicken Soup & Meal Prep Experiments

GiGi Eats Celebrities
    December 20, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Bah h ha ha ha h ah! My family & friends always text me photos of their food too!!!!! They ask me if it’s healthy or not… However, by the time I give them my 2 cents… They’ve already eaten it so, really, it defeats the purpose – LOL! But hey, at least they value my opinion, right?
    GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted…Check Out My Meat… Loaf That Is!

December 21, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Who wouldn’t value your opinion!!! You better bet I weighed in on the pina colada they were drinking but pretty sure they didn’t value my opinion at all haha

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table
    December 20, 2013 at 3:03 pm

My friends are always texting me food pics! It’s really cute.

Lucky you and your last day for work. Enjoy!!!
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…Strange But Good: Mexican Chocolate Cake

Amanda @runtothefinish
    December 20, 2013 at 3:52 pm

how freaking hilarious that they send you photos! I can’t even imagine my husband taking photos, he just thinks i’m nutty 🙂
    Amanda @runtothefinish recently posted…6 Things of Interest: Online Communities for goal achievement

December 21, 2013 at 12:44 pm

The bf has banned my phone from meals haha! I think my family was just messing with me but it made me proud and jealous at the same time lol

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com
    December 20, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Rest and Relaxation are so underrated!
    Cannot wait to see what’s next for you and hear about your successes!
    Safe travels Davida
    Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #2

December 21, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Thanks Shashi! Hopefully more successes then fails and you know I’ll keep you posted on all of the deets 😉

zozo
    December 20, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Hope you have a wonderful holiday! Love that your family is taking photos of their food & sending it to you now. Only my little sister does this and my mom thinks we’re nuts haha
    x atelier zozo
    zozo recently posted…Art Projects

December 21, 2013 at 12:42 pm

I’m really hoping they’re being serious but I have a feeling they’re messing with me!

December 20, 2013 at 6:11 pm

So pumped for you starting this new chapter….the subzero temperatures can be the frozen zing to get you into gear. Loving- the weather when its being decent. Hating- the weather when its not being decent..argh, always wanting what we can’t have!

Actually going to email you this weekend. Just some NSFW pics of myself.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Anzac Biscuit Pancakes

December 21, 2013 at 11:37 am

Are you sending me nudies? Please do so before 2:00 PM my time when I leave for the arctic with no internet connection…

December 20, 2013 at 6:49 pm

I’m jealous for you about the fact that your family is somewhere so tropical and you are living in the arctic!!!
    Happy last day of work – now I can’t wait to see what you are going to do next!!!
    Kim recently posted…Time for a Fun Friday!!!

Ellie@Fit for the soul
    December 20, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Mannnn it looks beautiful but cold!!!!! I do like the cold better than hot days, but I’m pretty sure I’m a big wimp when it comes to cold weather because as you know, I live in Cali….errrrr not to rub it in or anything, hahah. And I think it’s awesome you recognize something you need to change in your life! It most definitely is a coping mechanism and many people expect the worst so they don’t end up disappointed. Greg naturally leans towards that mindset too.

And I’d be happy and then upset if everyone I love sent me pics of food like that! I’d want to eat it all and be bothered that I can’t, lol.
    Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted…The Awesome Benefits of Jumping Rope {Vlog}

December 21, 2013 at 12:41 pm

I was definitely jealous of all of the food! And one day I’ll be joining you in Cali 🙂

Amanda
    December 21, 2013 at 12:25 am

Happy last day of work and safe travels!!!

Have you ever gotten a paper cut on a cardboard box? That shit will take a finger off!!!!!!!!!

My biggest love/hate is with food in general. Trying to eat well over the holidays is torture. Pure. Torture. No, I don’t want to “lighten” up my green bean casserole you assholes!
    Amanda recently posted…Can Exes Be Friends?

December 21, 2013 at 11:39 am

Just give in….that’s what New Years Resolutions are for! And now I’m heading over to stalk your beautiful face.

Sarah & Arkadi
    December 21, 2013 at 1:10 am

Enjoy your holidays!
    Sarah & Arkadi recently posted…Garlic Parmesan Edamame with Toasted Black Sesame Seeds

Tina Muir
    December 21, 2013 at 4:09 am

Such a cute post! I LOVE that your family send you pictures of your food! Mine still roll their eyes, and look away embarrassed whenever I get the camera out for anything, especially food! This was a lovely little post to read….even with the hate parts! I should do a post like this soon….although my life is nowhere near as interesting as yours….unless you are running obsessed 🙂
    Tina Muir recently posted…Training Update 12/15-12/21

Tonya@Healthy, Fit, and Frugal
    December 21, 2013 at 10:37 am

Yeah you really need to leave your cold state. lol! I’ll reverse my order: I hate the kind of work I’m doing for a living, but love the money I’m getting from these projects. Yeah, I know it’s not super peppy is it. Kind of a funk lately! I need to adopt your positive thinking mentality. Jealous of your time off!
    Tonya@Healthy, Fit, and Frugal recently posted…From The Biggest Loser to Bionic Body: An Interview with Kim Lyons

Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate
    December 21, 2013 at 12:41 pm

I won’t be traveling this weekend but Xmas eve we are heading to Chicago to spend time with my family, then driving back to Madison on the 26th to regroup…then the 27th heading to Minneapolis to spend time with Scotts fam! Lots of driving but worth it! Have a great time in MN!
    Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…Fitness Friday: Body Weight Circuit Workout

December 21, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Have a great trip! I fly out on the 27th so we just miss each other. Safe drive and happy holidays lovely 🙂

December 21, 2013 at 1:02 pm

You and your boy are sooooo cute. (He looks like Robert Pattison in that pic, is that weird of me to say?)

No traveling this weekend… but Montreal next weekend… already planning my bagel/fois gras bender.

LOVE HATE with greek yogurt because I love it so much but can’t have it for every meal (which I hate).
    Cassie recently posted…Carrot Cake Stuffed Pancakes

December 21, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Omg Robbie is my celeb crush. Curt actually feels competitive with him lol. We need to work out the deets for montreal! Emailing you now. I’ll be without internet for a few days in a couple of hours so we can work out the logistics once I’m back but we need to make this happen!

Nikki @ will run for pizza
    December 21, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Oh I love how your family takes pictures of their food & sends it to you! LOL my fam is slowly learning not to dig in until I get a picture! Haha
    Nikki @ will run for pizza recently posted…1-800-sic-kday.

Jessie
    December 21, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Woo Hoo!! You are now finished with your job & are moving are to bigger & better. So excited for you, Davida. Have a fabulous time up North w/ your man & his family.

I tried talking Joshua into making pizza for Christmas Dinner, but he wouldn’t give 🙁
    Jessie recently posted…Tis’ the Season to Work your Core

Karey @ Nutty About Health
    December 21, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Hope you have a great time in Minnesota!! Congrats on the last day of work! 🙂
    Karey @ Nutty About Health recently posted…Baking, Babysitting, …and a Fruit Tree

Luv What You Do
    December 24, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Have so much fun and enjoy your time off!!!
    Luv What You Do recently posted…12 Days of Recipes {Day 10-Happy Xmas Eve!}

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs
    December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am

I should try to be more postive too yeah. I always see the bad stuff in things :–( I loved this post, by the way. You’re so funny girl! 😉
    Consuelo @ Honey & Figs recently posted…Ground Pork Cannelloni

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    December 28, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Ha! I’m the same way! I always say I’m not a pessimist, I’m a realist…who assumes that more often than not, things turn to shit quickly in life! Hey, better to be prepared for Armageddon and end up pleasantly surprised to find yourself alive the next day than to be totally blind-sighted and end up panicking to get all the ingredients for your last meal in order, right? 😉

I definitely have a love/hate relationship with foam rolling…DEFINITELY!

PS, those scallops are totally calling to me!
    Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted…The Great Christmas Recap!