I’ve been trying to spread out my recipes and especially my baked goods so I don’t oversaturate you, but these were too good not to share. It also includes a giveaway and I felt selfish not posting this immediately!
I use the term “immediately” fairly loosely here since these PlantFusion samples were sent to me some time ago (sorry!), but I completely forgot about them. Since I am moving in 2 days the last week has been all about purging and organizing my stuff. These happen to be my least favourite activities, but fortunately they’re my Mom’s favourites and she totally saved the day. This has forced me to question 1) why did the cleaning gene skip me? and 2) How am I ever going to live without my Mommy?! Panicking…
On the bright side in my cleaning escapades I discovered these samples, which also conveniently became my packing sustenance thanks to my non-existent desire to cook. I tried the Phood supplement with almond milk (alongside some yogurt and granola) which tasted great and the 18 grams of protein definitely filled me up. I also randomly had a craving for a smoothie in the middle of winter and mixed the chocolate flavour with banana and blueberries and it was fantastic. I usually stick to my whey protein, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that I enjoyed a vegan protein made from peas, artichokes, quinoa and amaranth. Who knew peas had protein?
The ultimate test for me when it comes to protein powders is how they taste in baked goods. Unfortunately PlantFusion didn’t hold up in my Banana Protein Pancakes, but I gave it another shot in my new breakfast obsession, breakfast cookies. It totally worked and they tasted delicious! It’s officially socially acceptable to eat cookies for breakfast with these Apple Cinnamon Protein Breakfast Cookies.
- 1 cup oat flour (ground rolled oats)*
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup PlantFusion protein powder (vanilla or unflavoured)
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 apple grated (any kind, no need to peel)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- 3. In a large bowl combine oat flour, rolled oats, protein powder, chia seeds, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- 4. In a separate bowl combine mashed banana, grated apple, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- 5. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until well combined.
- 6. Form dough into 12 medium sized balls, place on cookie sheet and then flatten with palm to form discs.
- 7. Bake for 22 minutes.
- 8. Remove from cookie sheet and let cool on a wire rack.
- 9. Will keep for several days in an airtight container or freeze for several months.
PlantFusion is so generous and is offering up one lucky reader the chance to win a 1lb jar of your protein powder of choice. Check out their website to see their amazing assortment of flavours. This giveaway will be open until next Wednesday February 5th. Enter using the rafflecopter below.
Disclaimer: I was provided with samples of PlantFusion free of charge for review purposes. I was not compensated for this review, and all opinions above are my own.
Have you ever tried PlantFusion Protein powder? Cookies for breakfast, yay or nay?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!