best of

Best of January 2014

January 31, 2014

New year, new series! I thought it might be fun to do a round-up of yours and my favourite posts from January and seeing as I am the master of consistency (sarcasm) I will  hopefully continue the tradition throughout the year.

January was good to me. It saw the start of a new role with Kewaza, a lease singing and my culinary expansion into more savoury foods. As it turns out you guys didn’t stop reading just because I ventured out of the realm of baked goods and breakfast dishes! It was also fun for me to step outside of my comfort zone and start building my skills. But the baked goods are coming back with a vengeance thanks to a big announcement I have at the end of the post!

best of january 2014

your-top-five

1. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies (gf & v)
2. Detox Kale Salad (gf & v)
3. White Bean Kale & Artichoke Dip (gf)
4. Morning Glory Muffins (gf)
5. Slow-Cooker Honey Mustard Drumsticks (gf)

I also want to include my favourite posts from January. From mastering the perfect gluten-free and vegan banana bread to being included in Fit Foodie Find’s list of 12 Healthy Food Bloggers to Follow, there are so many things that happened this month that make me beam from ear-to-ear. A huge thank you to every single one of you who stops by THM on occasion or without fail every day. I could not be more grateful!

my-jan-favs

1. What Does “Fit Mean to you?
2. The Best Ever Banana Bread (gf & v)
3. Pesto Egg Salad (gf)
4. 12 Healthy Food Bloggers to Follow (via Fit Foodie Finds)

Whew! That was an awesome start to the new year. Believe-it-or-not February is looking like it has the potential to top the awesomeness of January. I’ve got a few things in the works for you guys and some exciting news on the home front. Here’s a sneak peek.

coming up in feb1. I AM MOVING TOMORROW <–I yelled this as I typed it. I am so excited to start this new chapter with C and finally put on my big girl pants. February will be about furnishing our new place so I apologize in advance if I spam your Pinterest accounts with home decor.

2. Myself and a couple of your favourite bloggers have a fantastic Valentine’s Day meal planned for all of you. I can’t give anymore deets, but let’s just say it’s EPIC.

3. Speaking of Valentine’s Day (aka my favourite holiday!!!) I will be hosting my first ever link-up to celebrate the love! The Great Valentine’s Day Healthy Bake-Off will start on Sunday February 9th and each day up until Valentine’s Day I will be posting a made-over delicious V-Day themed treat. I’m challenging YOU to join in on the fun by posting a picture and recipe for your healthified V-Day dish then on Friday February 14th you can stop by here and link-up. Everyone is welcome to participate!

the great valentines day bake-offWhat’s your January highlight? Are you going to link-up with The Great Valentine’s Day Healthy Bake-Off? Say yes…I will love you forever!

Danielle @ Green is the New Black
    January 31, 2014 at 5:29 am

Good luck with your move! Very excite for you! I’ll be looking forward to the link up. I personally am a terrible baker and can only follow recipes, not come up with them on my own, so I’ll probably sit that one out, but will certainly be on the look-out for some new recipes to try!
    Danielle @ Green is the New Black recently posted…Friday 5: My Food Rules

kathy @ vodka and soda
    January 31, 2014 at 6:16 am

all i want to know is: when is the housewarming so i can come over, drink all your booze, eat all your healthy food and then pass out in my new bed??

kathy
    Vodka and Soda
    kathy @ vodka and soda recently posted…Fitness Fridays: losing weight at any age or phase in your life!

January 31, 2014 at 11:27 am

I second this, except I have already seen my new room and I’m planning on decorating it myself. Kthx 🙂
      Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…Raw Beauty

February 3, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Can either of you just please come here and decorate this place? I no joke ended up in a crack den trying to get a coffee table today. I might legit die trying to furnish this apartment!

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles
    January 31, 2014 at 6:28 am

Good luck with your move! I am excited for you…As for this link-up – hmm, I think I can come up with something! Thanks for the invite!
    meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Home Pace and Reinventing the Apple With Peanut Butter Dessert

Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness
    January 31, 2014 at 6:32 am

Oh moving! Lots of work but SO exciting! Congrats!! And, I love the idea of the Valentines link off…I literally have a healthy valentines recipe in my oven (at 6:30 am whaaaatttt) as I type. Excited to share! Happy weekend lady!
    Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness recently posted…Skinny Cobb Salad {Low Carb, Low Calorie, Low Fat & High Protein}

February 3, 2014 at 6:43 pm

I love you for this!!! a) because you’re baking at 630 am (the only reason I’d consider getting up at that hour) and b) for linking up. Seriously, you are awesome!

Elise @ 9toFit.com
    January 31, 2014 at 6:39 am

That challenge sounds great, you know I’ll be stalking your blog and all over that!
    Elise @ 9toFit.com recently posted…Feature Friday: Day with KT

Joanne
    January 31, 2014 at 7:07 am

Don’t mind me, I’m just DROOLING OVER ALL OF THESE. And frantically following all those fitness bloggers who I wasn’t following before.
    Joanne recently posted…Rosy Red Velvet Cake with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

Ksenija @ With An Open Mind
    January 31, 2014 at 7:09 am

January treated you really well love! And there are so many more exciting things to come. You move in with C, that is an epics step, girl. Cannot wait to see tons of pictures of your new place! And I will definitely try to participate in your bake off. I might just use the oven of my neighbors and make something we girls can enjoy for our not so lonely V-Day 😉
    Ksenija @ With An Open Mind recently posted…New Series! Healthy Living in a Nutshell

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    January 31, 2014 at 7:11 am

Good luck with the move tomorrow! I always find moving sooo stressful, but exciting once you’re all settled in. Valentine’s day is also my favorite holiday!! I’m pretty bad at healthifying desserts, but I can try my hardest for you.
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Turkey Sausage, Kale and White Bean Soup

February 3, 2014 at 10:57 pm

I would LOVE that! I still remember your healthy carrot cake so I don’t think you’re bad at all! Which for the record it’s National Carrot Cake Day so yay!

Madison
    January 31, 2014 at 7:48 am

Oh yes–January ROCKED! 🙂 It was over in a snap with good times and good food. We are so grateful for you, Davida!!!! Good luck with the move today. You will be sore tomorrow. 🙂 NO workout neccessary when moving. Cannot wait to see pics of your new place.
    Madison recently posted…My Dream House: The Exterior

Lucie@FitSwissChick
    January 31, 2014 at 7:49 am

SOOOOO going to link up with this bake off event!! I anyway need to move my butt into the kitchen to start creating some free-from-everything things that are not only chicken, fish and veggies. So exciting!
    Oh, and MOVIIIIINGGG!!!! Is it weird that I wish I could be there, helping you lifting furniture around, with a good playlist in the background, some champagne here and there and then debating with you and your man over the position of the couch? I’m creepy, but it’s true.
    Happy Weekend lovely lady and good luuuuuck!

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    January 31, 2014 at 8:12 am

So happy for you! Moving day is finally here! Wishing you the best of luck for a smooth move and transition. I will give you a free pass for spamming Pinterest with decorating ideas this time because I am so happy for you!

I can’t wait to link-up with ya for V day. It’s going to be fun for me to get my hands dirty trying to make over a healthy dessert. That’s something I haven’t dabbled as much in so I should probably get on that now… lol. Happy Friday xo
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Relax with Tea: Traditional Medicinals Review + Giveaway

Kim @ BusyBod
    January 31, 2014 at 8:22 am

So many exciting things happening!!! I’m so proud of you for all your success, you’re amazing and you deserve it 🙂 I have two different V-Day themed posts planned, but none of them involve creating my own recipe! I’m not sure I’m up to the challenge, but I’ll try to get the creative juices flowing.

GOOD LUCK with the move tomorrow!!
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…My nerdy girl reading list

Katie @ 24 Carrot Life
    January 31, 2014 at 8:46 am

Good luck moving and send pictures soon!
    Katie @ 24 Carrot Life recently posted…Fiesta Fridays: Huevos Rancheros with a Savory Cornbread Pancake

January 31, 2014 at 8:47 am

I love the idea of a bake-off! I’m not particularly skilled at coming up with my own baking recipe, but hell…we can all use a challenge 😉
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Five Things Friday 01/31/14.

February 3, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Love the attitude! I bet you come up with something epic! Worse comes to worse you can just have your baker friend make something and take credit 😉

Sarah Pie
    January 31, 2014 at 8:54 am

A bake off?! I’m totally in 🙂 Of course that means I’ll now be spamming YOUR pinterest with Valentine recipes that I can make-over (in exchange for all the decorating tips your gonna add). Congrats on the move that has to be super exciting! Sending happy thoughts that it goes well and smoothly for you.

February 3, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Bring it on Sarah!!! Love me a good Pinterest spamming 😉 Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com
    January 31, 2014 at 9:10 am

Good gosh girly – your food!!!! So drool inducing!
    I am not sure how I missed the quinoa flatbread before (with the dip) – Can I grind up quinoa and use that? I cannot seem to find quinoa flour at my store.
    Your link up sounds amazing – even to a valentines day grinch like me who always prefers to bah-humbug-away-Vday! 🙂
    Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted…Eats, Eats, Eats & Snow Jam!

February 3, 2014 at 11:08 pm

I’ve never actually tried to grind up the quinoa myself but I would image it would work. Use white/yellow quinoa though.

Would love if you contributed one of your delicious recipes for the link-up, even if you’re not totally sold on spreading the love 😉

Mary Frances
    January 31, 2014 at 9:13 am

Congrats on moving! Spam away, I won’t mind 😉 This will be a fun series; you already kicked off the year fabulously! Man, that flatbread still makes it into all my dreams … it has been a delicious month!
    Mary Frances recently posted…Fudgy & Skinny Red Velvet Brownies

Christa @ Sit-ups & Sequins
    January 31, 2014 at 9:19 am

I love a good challenge and of course, i love baked goods so you better believe I’ll be joining the link up!

Good luck with the move! This is such an exciting time for you! 🙂
    Christa @ Sit-ups & Sequins recently posted…So Much Snoozing, So Little Time…

February 3, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Love it!!! Can’t wait to see what you come up with! If it’s anything like that crazy cookie madness you and the Mom baked up over Christmas, I better start preparing!!!

Cat
    January 31, 2014 at 9:26 am

How did I miss that PB blondie recipe first time round?! That was a close call… 😉 Very excited for this V day bake off, I’m game!
    Cat recently posted…Easy Coconut Chocolate Pudding (Dairy Free)

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    January 31, 2014 at 9:34 am

Good luck with your move! I’m very excited for you to start this new chapter too and hope that this year brings you a lot of happiness and magic as you begin these new adventures!
    Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted…Body-Image Hypocrisy: A Backwards Story of Body-Love

February 3, 2014 at 11:11 pm

You are such a sweetheart! Thanks so much Alex. Was a stressful few days but things are finally starting to slow down!

Louise
    January 31, 2014 at 9:37 am

So many times yummy looking recipes! Got to make those blondies 😛
    I’ve got to say, I’m not usually a fan of January, it always seems such a drag! This one hasn’t been so bad though, Feb tomorrow already?! Crazy.
    Louise recently posted…Chocolate Protein Pancakes

Natasha
    January 31, 2014 at 10:07 am

YAY for having an AWESOME January!!!!! so many exciting things have been happening on your blog, which is awesome! I especially love how many great recipes you have been posting!!

OH and BTW The Twelves essential mix is on repeat on my Ipod! It is FABULOUS! Definitely a classic!

I am slightly bitter as I am VERY single this year for Valentine’s Day, so my roomies and are (the single ones) will be baking and drinking cute cocktails all day long. 🙂

Have a GREAT day!
    So hopefully I will be able to participate in the link up!
    Natasha recently posted…WIAW: Eats and My Mom’s Famous Pumpernickel Recipe

February 3, 2014 at 11:13 pm

I’m so happy you loved it!!! I used to be my long run track when I was running. Now it’s my leisurely strolling track lol.

I have had many a Valentine’s Day single and I was still totally crazy about the holiday. I mean it is all about sweets and there’s nothing I love more than that!

Deryn @ Running on Real Food
    January 31, 2014 at 10:23 am

Good luck with the move, girly! Thanks for collecting all these goodies for me, I’ll have some blog catching up to do this weekend. Looking forward to the Valentine’s Day posts!
    Deryn @ Running on Real Food recently posted…Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with Almond Butter Filling

Alex @ therunwithin
    January 31, 2014 at 10:28 am

ooh man love round ups like this, it is always so nice to be able to go back to recipes or posts i may have missed
    Alex @ therunwithin recently posted…Suck it up Buttercup.

Florence
    January 31, 2014 at 10:52 am

I love the recap of January! I can’t wait to try the recipes for the blondies and the morning glory muffins. Also thanks for the health-blogger suggestions!
    Florence recently posted…Pretend it’s Thursday: #tbt last week

February 3, 2014 at 11:14 pm

Anytime Florence! Those Blondies have been a huge hit and are one of my favourite recipes I’ve posted!

KAT
    January 31, 2014 at 11:17 am

OH thank the Lord… its about time I found someone who likes Valentine’s Day as much as I do! Granted, its my birthday, but that’s not why I like the holiday, I just love love 🙂
    CONGRATS on the move!! I hope it goes smoothly for you and nothing gets broken!! We only lost 1 mug when we moved so it was all peachy for us but it was still pretty stressful!!
    KAT recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #6

February 3, 2014 at 11:15 pm

YAY!!!! Another VDay lover! or in my world Valentine’s MONTH!

Only two broken plates for us so success here too!

Melissa @ Nourish By Melissa
    January 31, 2014 at 11:24 am

The bake off sounds like such a nice idea 🙂
    Melissa @ Nourish By Melissa recently posted…Five Things Friday

January 31, 2014 at 11:35 am

Good luck with your move!
    Cassie recently posted…friday favorites #11

cait @pieceofcait
    January 31, 2014 at 11:52 am

Good luck with your move! so exciting <3 and all the February things, woooo!!
    cait @pieceofcait recently posted…Buns & abs workout

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance
    January 31, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Wow! So many great things happened to you this month and it looks like February is going to be even more stellar! I loved this post! I would love to do the bakeoff! Pinned it! I’m not sure about my baking skills though so I’ll have to get creative with the word “bake”. Haha.
    FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Friday’s Food & Fitness: Fit and Healthy in NYC

February 3, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Love ya! Seriously you’re the best. If you “bake” something I’ll try Zumba for you! Deal?!

Diane @ Life of Di.
    January 31, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Good luck with your move! Moving in the winter is never fun – I hope it goes by quickly! Also those Morning Glory Muffins look to-die-for! YUMM!!
    Diane @ Life of Di. recently posted…Little Life Updates: January 2014.

Jess @dearhealthyness
    January 31, 2014 at 12:54 pm

It seems like a great start of the year! Congratulations ;)!!!!!

The what-fit-means-to-you post was absolutely great!!

Looking forward for the link -up (not as a food blogger but as a reader) to found healthy and delicious recipes!!
    Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted…Friday Favorites of Food

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    January 31, 2014 at 1:54 pm

What an awesome month you’ve had!!! So happy for you with the big move tomorrow…. how exciting! Can’t wait to link up on V-day!
    Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted…Butternut Squash Kale Quiche in an Almond Flour Crust

Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds
    January 31, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Good luck tomorrow!! Moving sucks so hard but the best part is unpacking in a new place and making it your own. Pop a bottle of champs, celebrate this milestone with your man and enjoy the moment. Congratulations on those big girl panties 🙂
    Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds recently posted…Friday Five – Holy Adderall

January 31, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Missed you! I’m still playing catch-up and trying to get settled back in after my vacation, but I’m happy to see that you’ve been kicking ass and taking names. Love you!

PS — that banana bread… I need a slice, like, yesterday…
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #63 .

Megan (The Lyons' Share)
    January 31, 2014 at 2:23 pm

I’m so excited for you. You’re doing such wonderful things! Keep up the good work girl :).
    Megan (The Lyons’ Share) recently posted…Asparagus Feta Pizza on Cauliflower Crust!

Erin @ The Almond Eater
    January 31, 2014 at 2:28 pm

I love it I love it I love it. And when I say it I mean—-the Vday link up, you moving in with C, you spamming my Pinterest, you being featured on FFF (congrats!). So much love in this post. Good luck with the move tomorrow!!
    Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #4

Amanda
    January 31, 2014 at 4:07 pm

A link-up about FOOD?! I’m there. Duh.

Suzanne @ hello, veggy!
    January 31, 2014 at 5:07 pm

So much goodness! I’ll have to see if I can dream up a healthy v-day recipe. Good luck with the move!!
    Suzanne @ hello, veggy! recently posted…Healthy Vegan Fridays #3

February 3, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Knowing you I’m sure you can come up with something epic! Wish I had one of your blueberry hemp bars in front of me right now!

Maria @ Little Miss Cornucopia
    January 31, 2014 at 5:13 pm

So happy to hear that January was so good to you! February should be even better..moving out is the most exciting thing ever! You’re a big kid now! 🙂

I have to remind myself to pick up some potato starch because that’s the only missing ingredient I need to make those pb blondies of yours. I need to make those morning glory muffins too…gah! see what you’re doing to me! 🙂 love you girly! X

February 3, 2014 at 11:24 pm

You’re the sweetest! I hope you enjoy both! The PB Blondies are particularly amazing 🙂

I am indeed a big kid now! Let’s hope I keep myself alive and don’t do something stupid as per usual haha

January 31, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Hi 5 to moving….well not really but little Francine is growing up. Let’s hope the maturity comes soon after 😉

Seeing as I have a sweet dessert recipe….hmm I might have to dig it out and post it for your link up. Because you aren’t THAT bad.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Pin me up. Buttercup.

February 3, 2014 at 11:25 pm

DO IT! I’m a total champ at responding to your comments tonight. I hope it feels like Christmas morning on your end!

Jillienne @ ChasingRaspberries
    January 31, 2014 at 6:05 pm

What an eventful January! I hope that your February is just as wonderful!
    Jillienne @ ChasingRaspberries recently posted…Target Practice Friday #28

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs
    January 31, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Congrats on the move!!! I’m so happy for you :”)
    Of course I’ll be taking part in the round-up Davida! It’s going to be so much fun : )
    Consuelo @ Honey & Figs recently posted…Cookie Dough Granola

Tara
    January 31, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Yay to you finally being able to move in with your man. There will be times where you just want to murder him, but just remember the good ol’ days. 😉
    Tara recently posted…Year Of The Horse

February 3, 2014 at 11:26 pm

You mean like tonight when he tried to claim a portion of the living room as his “thinking nook”? Ummmmm no.

January 31, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Holy smokes girl, you posted more amazing recipes this month than I posted in all of last year haha!

Love the idea for the Valentine’s Day Healthy Bake Off! I will definitely try to participate! I just have to put my thinking cap on and come up with a good recipe…

Good luck with your move tomorrow!
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…5 ways to add protein to your oatmeal

February 3, 2014 at 11:27 pm

Would LOVE if you participated Chels! I can only imagine what kind of deliciousness you’ll come up with!

Kelly @ Femme Fitale
    January 31, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Aww, loving this new monthly theme!!

Congrats on the arrival of February and your new apartment. Enjoy those big girl pantssss.

I 100% want to participate in your link up. Thomas’s 1st birthday is Valentine’s Day (eeeeek), so I’ll try to blend these two occasions together with some sort of baked concoction. xo
    Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted…January Favourites

February 3, 2014 at 11:29 pm

You’re the best!!! It’s also my nieces bday week so she’ll be munching on plenty of sweet treats. As will my new neighbors cause I want them to like me and I don’t know what I’m going to do with FIVE desserts on my hands…I suppose there’s worse problems in the world!

January 31, 2014 at 8:31 pm

Happy moving day – I hope it goes well!!
    Umm…I don’t really bake but you can bet I will be stalking all of the linked posts!!!
    Kim recently posted…Welcome, Elise from 9toFit!!!

Heather @ Run Like a G!
    January 31, 2014 at 9:50 pm

This post is just awesome! I hope moving goes well – it can be very stressful!!!! Can’t wait to hear about it!
    Also Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never met anyone who has deemed it their favorite as well!!!! 🙂
    Heather @ Run Like a G! recently posted…One of My Favorite Holidays

January 31, 2014 at 10:40 pm

My January highlight was seeing you, of course!!! And the Valentine’s Day Link up sounds epic!! I have so many fun recipes stuck in my head… now I need to dedicate the time to making them 🙂 And also need to reply to your e-mail. HAPPY MOVING DAY XOXO
    Cassie recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday [2]: Long Runs & Sugar Detoxing

February 3, 2014 at 11:30 pm

HOW DID I MISS THAT?!?! Totally my highlight too! And the best way to ring in 2014 might I add 😉

Shawn @ Fruity 'N' Nutty
    February 1, 2014 at 3:08 am

Woohoo, so much exciting news here, wishing you the best of luck with your move! I don’t really know how to cook but I love reading your posts and drooling over your delicious dishes. Hope you have an even more amazing February!
    Shawn @ Fruity ‘N’ Nutty recently posted…January Favorites 2014

Christine@ Apple of My Eye
    February 1, 2014 at 11:14 am

Greta post!! And delicious looking recipes as well. That banana bread still has me drooling haha!
    Christine@ Apple of My Eye recently posted…Currently Crushing On: January Edition

February 3, 2014 at 11:31 pm

I can;t even look at it without wanting to run into the kitchen and bake another loaf! Avoiding that post at all costs!

Erin S
    February 1, 2014 at 11:48 am

Good luck with the move, Davida! I’m moving in a couple months and will need to redecorate as well so I’m looking forward to your pinterest board being filled with decorating stuff 🙂 Also, fantastic idea about the valentines day link-up. I never think ahead to the upcoming holidays and always create recipes about a week too late. My goal for February will now be to not miss valentines day by a week!
    Erin S recently posted…TROPICAL DESSERT SMOOTHIE- Vegan, Gluten-Free & Refined Sugar-Free

February 3, 2014 at 11:32 pm

Glad someone is in support of me spamming their Pinterest! All design ideas are welcome btw 😉

Sabrina @ Nutritiously Sweet
    February 1, 2014 at 3:08 pm

You must be totally excited for moving!!! I can’t wait to see what your new place looks like onces it’s all dolled up 🙂 Love those blondies! January my favorite post was def the one bout training. It has opened a new world of opportunities and I have been meeting some amazing people!
    Sabrina @ Nutritiously Sweet recently posted…But I Won’t Quit ‘Cause I Want MORE!

February 1, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Awww I just love this monthly recap! Wishing you lots of luck moving!!!!
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…Things I’m Digging this Friday: Food, Beauty & My Favorite TV Show

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate
    February 1, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Ooh I am excited about this Valentine’s link up fun! Now if only we could all share all the treats…
    Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted…Thinking out Loud #3

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    February 3, 2014 at 1:55 am

Awww, yay! I hope the move went smoothly! Congrats on being featured! Can’t wait to see the purdy Valentine’s goodies…but ermm, I don’t think you want this non-baker to be mixed in with the bunch! I’ll just root you on from the sidelines! Lol
    Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted…Januar-ily

{Healthy Valentine's Day Dinner} Lemon Ginger Asparagus with Toasted Almonds - The Healthy Maven
    February 3, 2014 at 6:05 am

[…] and me, I was beyond ecstatic. A) Because I am absolutely obsessed with Valentine’s Day (see Friday’s post) and b) because I have an unhealthy infatuation with tricking people into eating healthy […]

Caitlin
    February 3, 2014 at 10:56 am

Your what fit means was definitely my fave post of yours in Feb! Followed closely by that pesto egg salad which I will make some day!

Anna
    February 3, 2014 at 12:36 pm

I love your January! Nothing beats a good, action packed month. I hope you’ll be sharing your newly decorated apartment here! I LOVE home decor and checking out other people’s apartments.
    Anna recently posted…How Not To Hate Winter

Tonya@Healthy, Fit, and Frugal
    February 3, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Yeah so happy about the move. At this point you should be moved it. Hope you love the new place. I love the idea of the bake off, but I’m seriously the worst cook ever! I look forward to everyone else’s goodies though! Feel free to send me some in the mail!
    Tonya@Healthy, Fit, and Frugal recently posted…My First Half Marathon!

February 5, 2014 at 9:44 pm

This post reminds me I still need to make that kale salad and the artichoke dip. Man, do I love me some artichokes.

Congratulations on the new place; I hope the move went successfully.

Random Ramblings #8 - The Healthy Maven
    February 7, 2014 at 5:01 am

[…] this Valentine’s Day Bake-Off is going to be the death of me! Death by healthy sweets. Is that a […]

hayley @healthyregards
    February 7, 2014 at 2:23 pm

This is so fun, I am definitely going to link up!
    hayley @healthyregards recently posted…Judgement, Weight and Health: My Response to The Biggest Loser Finale

Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut
    February 13, 2014 at 11:14 am

A bake-off you say?? Sounds fun except the HEALTHY part!! kidding 🙂
    Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut recently posted…Semi-Healthy Foodspiration #2

Almond Butter and Pretzel Truffles
    October 10, 2014 at 6:19 pm

[…] do with truffles… I was planning on making a more traditional truffles recipe for Davida’s Great Valentine’s Day Bake-Off, but everything changed with that first almond butter pretzel bite… and that’s how […]

Peanut Butter Honey Granola Bites - Hungry Healthy Girl
    March 22, 2015 at 7:24 am

[…] Valentine’s Day Peanut Butter Honey Granola Bites will be the perfect recipe to link up to Davida’s (from The Healthy Maven) “The Great Valentine’s Day Healthy Bake-Off” on Friday. You should totally stop by Davida’s blog, everyday this week to see what healthy […]