Uncategorized

Catering Recap

January 20, 2014

After last week’s minor freak-out over Weekend Recap, I’m happy to say I have finally returned to my senses. I’ve decided to post a weekend recap if I have one and if not it’s safe to say I watched a lot of Netflix between frequent napping and snacking.

This weekend was certainly NOT one of those weekends. As I mentioned on Friday, I had my first catering gig on Saturday. Despite a few bumps in the road it went off relatively smoothly and I think everyone was happy with the results.

I was in charge of breakfast, lunch and snacks so I thought I’d go through what I made. The majority of the food I made was healthy and it was fun to trick people who thought it wasn’t. But there was definitely a good balance of healthy food and indulgences. Don’t be surprised if you recognize some of the recipes or some appear on the blog in the coming weeks.

For Breakfast we had a DIY yogurt bar with fresh fruit and homemade Pecan Pie Granola. There were also croissants and healthy banana chocolate chip muffins (recipe to come).

IMG_8811The group is called The Eight & Change Collective. I’m going to attempt to explain what they do, but am 90% sure I will get it wrong. Essentially it is a group of young individuals who get together quarterly to discuss topics of interest to them and exercise their brains. Each person brings their own experience to the table to help further the group as a whole as well as on a personal level. The intelligence and ambition in the room was pretty impressive!

IMG_8854For lunch I made what I call “Jew Food”. Tuna Salad (adapted from this recipe), pesto egg salad, bagels, cream cheese & lox and a side salad.

IMG_8831Happy customers feeding their tummies and brains!

IMG_8839The rest of the day was spent munching on these snacks. Decadent cookie butter peanut cookies and orange cranberry bars. Both were gone by the end of the day!

IMG_8852All-in-all it was a very positive experience. I got a taste for what it takes to cook for a large group and the amount of planning that goes into pulling off this kind of production. I’ve determined that for next time I need to put more effort into execution in terms of serving dishes and presentation. I’m usually not too caught up in that stuff but it definitely looks more professional.

Now who wants to hire me next? 😉

Have you ever catered an event? What about cooking for a large group of people? Any tips?

Jessie
    January 20, 2014 at 5:29 am

What a great idea topping bagels with cucumber & tuna (thank you guy above). How about you start putting all your proceeds in a money dish, so you can come to Kuwait & cater me on a daily basis for oh let’s say.. a week? 🙂
    Jessie recently posted…MIMM: Fitbook Review and Giveaway

Ksenija @ With An Open Mind
    January 20, 2014 at 5:50 am

You did awesome, lady! I would have loved such a delicious yet healthy catering at office meetings or seminars more often. I think I missed you mentioning the event before – but are you going to make catering a more regular thing now? Sounds super fun!
    Ksenija @ With An Open Mind recently posted…Half Marathon Training and My Saturday Long Run

January 21, 2014 at 3:35 pm

We’ll see! I want to give it a shot and see how it goes but with my schedule I’m not able to commit 100%

meredith @ Cookie ChRUNicles
    January 20, 2014 at 6:12 am

Everything looks great! I love the “jew food” lol….I have catered for people several times by providing baked goods as platters, desserts and party favors. So stressful to ensure it all comes out perfect and terrific every time but so fun…I have also hosted a ton of parties and holiday, and yeah, a ton of them were jew food platters.
    meredith @ Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Weekend Plus Fabulous Guacamole Recipe

kathy@vodka and soda
    January 20, 2014 at 6:17 am

is this your own catering company or are you working wish a catering company? because if so (either way), i’ll definitely keep you in mind if friends are throwing events and looking for some good (jew) food. i can call it that now too, since we’re going to be humping on wednesday.

-kathy
    Vodka and Soda
    kathy@vodka and soda recently posted…let’s talk lady bits.

January 21, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Just me! Giving it a shot to see how it goes. I’d cater the party in your mouth everyday 😉

Suzanne @ hello, veggy!
    January 20, 2014 at 6:19 am

Congrats on the gig!! Want to cater my LIFE? Please and thank you 🙂
    Suzanne @ hello, veggy! recently posted…Virtual Tea Time #5

Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness
    January 20, 2014 at 6:31 am

I’ll totally “hire” you! But really it will just be a disguise so that we can just hang out, eat healthy snacks and watch Netflix in our pjs. Sound good?
    All of this food looks delish girl! I don’t really like exercising my brain that much, but I totally would have just to eat all these goodies 😉 Looks like you rocked it!
    Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness recently posted…Pomegranate Persimmon Salad With Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette {GF & High Protein}

January 21, 2014 at 4:13 pm

I didn’t exercise my brain very much! Plus my brain only likes to think about food haha. Thanks girly!

Becky @ Olives n Wine
    January 20, 2014 at 6:38 am

I LOL’d at “Jew food” only because I think it’s mostly true 😉 looks like you did an amazing job! On another note, that group sounds super interesting… I hope they let you listen in a little!
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…A Collection of Healthiness…

January 21, 2014 at 4:13 pm

It’s definitely true!

They let me listen but I prefer to talk about nail polish and food so I wasn’t too helpful in the discussions 😉

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots
    January 20, 2014 at 7:06 am

It sounds like a successful gig! Congrats! Looking forward to hearing about more of them!
    Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted…Marvelous Monday

Elise @ 9toFit.com
    January 20, 2014 at 7:19 am

Congrats on tackling your first catering gig! I bet the food was amazing, I can only imagine though how hard it is to cook for large amounts of people
    Elise @ 9toFit.com recently posted…Stress Release Yoga Sequence

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com
    January 20, 2014 at 7:21 am

Congrats Davida – your first catering gig sounds like it was a real hit! I think the largest group I have cooked for was about 27 people – most were family and friends, so I don’t really have any wise words – one thing I learned was to cook for at least 5 more than expected as food has an annoying habit of disappearing! And speaking of disappearing food – those “cookie butter peanut cookies and orange cranberry bars” would disappear real quick if I was sitting close by!
    Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted…Almond Honey Pancakes!

January 21, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Yup you’re so right! Not much was leftover but I did overestimate the granola a little bit!

Madison
    January 20, 2014 at 7:29 am

Oh my goodness–this is SO exciting! It looks like it went so well. SUPER proud! I want you to come cater my meals…but like every day. 🙂 I’ve always wanted to cater–appetizers and dessert would be my speciality.
    Madison recently posted…Skinny vs Healthy: My Story

January 20, 2014 at 7:30 am

Way to leave me hanging all.freaking.weekend! I thought we were friends, Davs… I thought we were friends. But I guess I can forgive ya seeing as you were busy rocking some serious socks off. Congrats, lady 🙂 I couldn’t even imagine how scatterbrained I’d be… I’ve been meaning to host a dinner party at my place since I moved in [2 years ago], but I’d probably be a stressed out wreck.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. link love 1/19 .

January 21, 2014 at 4:27 pm

I think we should co-host a dinner party! We’ll call it “Dinner with Healthy Spoons”. YES.

Jo @ LIVING MINT GREEN
    January 20, 2014 at 7:35 am

Aww friend, I’m so proud of you. It looks like you’re well on your way to success & nurturing your passions while you’re at it. It’s making my heart happy.

I made Christmas dinner recently – does that count? I did most of the prep work a day before and cooked some dishes ahead of time so they just needed to be reheated. Ie. sweet potato casserole/dessert.
    Jo @ LIVING MINT GREEN recently posted…I’m Very Sorry

January 21, 2014 at 4:28 pm

That totally counts! Fortunately I had the week off from Kewaza so I had time to cook but I was legit cooking for 3 days straight (between episodes of the Millionaire Matchmaker).

January 20, 2014 at 7:39 am

Hahahaha, I love that you describe this group as young people who get together and exercise their brains. You’re hilarious. Like I said before, I’m so glad it went well!! I think the food looks great, but if you want to work on presentation I’m sure you’ll have it down pat in no time. Think of it like a food photo shoot but on a massive scale!
    Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…Why You Shouldn’t Wait to Get Married to Save Money

January 21, 2014 at 4:29 pm

I honestly had no clue how else to describe them! They spent the entire morning trying to come up with a mission statement (still TBD) and I didn’t want to mess it up!

erin @ The Almond Eater
    January 20, 2014 at 7:53 am

YAY so glad to hear your first gig went well and that you areeee going to continue with weekend recaps 🙂 Pesto egg salad?! Um….yum.
    erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…My Favorite Snack

Shawn @ Fruity 'N' Nutty
    January 20, 2014 at 8:06 am

ME!!! 😉 Congrats on a catering gig well done Davida! Everything looks really delish and I wish you were my personal chef so I could eat your awesome food every day. 🙂
    Shawn @ Fruity ‘N’ Nutty recently posted…Silent Sunday: Let It Go

Leeeeeeee
    January 20, 2014 at 8:09 am

JEW FOOOD. Curt is hot.

Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate
    January 20, 2014 at 8:15 am

So cool! You can come cater my wedding if you want 😉
    Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…Guest Post: Cold Weather, Sweaty Workout: 5 tips to keep you motivated this season!

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    January 20, 2014 at 8:25 am

Woo hoo- awesome job! All that food looks delicious. When you said people get together and exercise their brains, my first thought was, “what, they get together and do cross-word puzzles or something?” Definitely a Monday morning haha.
    I’ve never catered before, but we plan large-scale events on campus and I see how much work it takes to coordinate everything!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Weekend pics: girl’s night, pizza, and a park

January 21, 2014 at 4:50 pm

hahahahahahaha that just made me seriously LOL. I wouldn’t mind a club like that….talking about business and futures is not my kind of club though.

January 20, 2014 at 8:40 am

Congrats girl – it looks like you pulled it off with huge success! Everything looks delicious and I bet everyone was raving about it! And I don’t know what you’re talking about – I think the presentation looks great. 😀
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…Thoughts on partying and healthy living

Paige@FitNotFad
    January 20, 2014 at 8:55 am

Congratulations! Everything looks so good especially that lunch spread….I’m a sucker for “salads”- egg, tuna, chicken, etc :). Looks like you did a great job! That group sounds interesting….I’ve never heard of anything like that. Too cool. Happy Monday pretty lady!
    Paige@FitNotFad recently posted…Friday Favorites + No Alcohol January Update

January 20, 2014 at 9:01 am

Congrats lady – I’d say you definitely pulled it off! Now I wish I was having some sort of event that I could hire you for 😉 My apartment definitely isn’t big enough for large events, but I do have the bff over for dinner at least once every couple of weeks…last night was chocolate chip pancakes 😉
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Spill It Sunday – All About the Music.

January 20, 2014 at 9:02 am

I’ve never catered an event, but my dad actually has! He has done a bunch of bbqs and pig roasts for people. He also will do low country boils. I think it’s what he needs to do when he retires!

I really would like to cater an event, but I’m afraid my healthy food would deter people.
    Cassie recently posted…Getting It Together on the Road: Montreal [Do]

Ashley
    January 20, 2014 at 9:28 am

Those orange cranberry bars sound delicious! Will you be posting the recipe?
    Ashley recently posted…Juice Stop.

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    January 20, 2014 at 9:49 am

Whenever I cook for large groups, it always takes me way longer than I’d expected. Maybe something you could do, and this might sound funny, is practice. I’m not saying for every catering event, but if you are doing a dinner or something that might not be able to be stored until it’s time, practice making it before the big day to get the timing down. But I guess the biggest thing is, try not to run out of food 😉 People aren’t happy when that happens. So glad it went well for you, though! Please come cater my life.
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…A Double Standard

January 28, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Gah I wish I had time to practice! Mostly I just made some of my favourites and a few new ones that I was pretty confident would turn out. In reality I think I just need to clone myself to solve all of my issues…

January 28, 2014 at 6:24 pm

One more thing! I would cater yours and cass’ entire weekend when you come to visit! With a few Toronto restos thrown in there of course 😉

Please tell me I have given you enough incentive! For the record I am being totally serious about you two coming and I promise I’m not posting this invite everywhere haha. So yeah…come!

Britt@MyOwnBalance
    January 20, 2014 at 9:50 am

Congrats on a successful first catering experience!! Very impressive my dear! I’m so glad it went down great. I can’t wait to hear about more catering adventures!
    Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…The Great Barrier Reef

Danielle @LabelsAreForTinCans
    January 20, 2014 at 9:52 am

Congrats on your first catering gig! Looks delicious 🙂
    Danielle @LabelsAreForTinCans recently posted…Bucket List Item: Punjabi Market

Allison @ Life's a Bowl
    January 20, 2014 at 10:12 am

CONGRATS! That’s a huge accomplishment and definitely something to be proud of! First, homemade croissants? Wow! And your sandwich spread sounds delicious!
    Allison @ Life’s a Bowl recently posted…Nutty Gluten Free Waffles

Christie @ Kissesandkale.blogspot.com
    January 20, 2014 at 10:31 am

Looks so good Davida! I would be terrified to cater an event but you did a great job 🙂
    Christie @ Kissesandkale.blogspot.com recently posted…Weekend Ramblings: Finding Balance

Christa @ Sit-ups & Sequins
    January 20, 2014 at 10:42 am

Look at you go! I’d have you cater my party any day….but if you’re taking requests for catering people’s daily meals, I’d sign up for that too. 😉
    Christa @ Sit-ups & Sequins recently posted…Vaca Photos & Easy Canvas Print Discount!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl
    January 20, 2014 at 11:22 am

All your fresh fruits has me craving for a big bowl of them now for breakfast! Great job on this, it looks pretty perfect! You’d be my cater girl for shoots on set! 🙂
    Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl recently posted…A Goodbye Love Letter to Essy

Heather @ Run Like a G!
    January 20, 2014 at 11:41 am

You can come cater my Superbowl party!!! 🙂
    Heather @ Run Like a G! recently posted…What do you think?

Miss Polkadot
    January 20, 2014 at 11:46 am

Pretty impressive – I’d say that wouldn’t only go for the intelligence and ambition of the others but your catering skills, too. Congratulations on your first gig! Here’s to many more!
    Well, I already requested you cater my future wedding [whenever that might happen] so I’d say I’d have dibs!? I’ll let you know the date once I’ve figured out minor details like the question of who’d be my future husband ;).
    Not me but my mum recently catered an event for the music label of my sister and her husband. Even though she’s not even vegetarian herself my sister had requested a fully vegan buffet. Meaning it was my mum’s first time ever preparing seitan from scratch – and in huge amounts at that. Maybe I should refer her to you for advice on which amounts to prepare next time. We were eating leftovers for days,
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Dream a little dream [of life]

January 28, 2014 at 6:27 pm

That’s amazing! I’ve never cooked Seitan before so I can’t imagine how I would cook it for a large group of people on my first try! Your Mom sounds like a real talent. I know where you get yours from 😉

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    January 20, 2014 at 11:52 am

Congrats on such a successful catering gig! All the food looks awesome and I hope this becomes a great new part of your life!
    Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted…The Self-Care Project: Giving Yourself Permission

Tara | Treble in the Kitchen
    January 20, 2014 at 1:25 pm

This is so exciting!! How did you get the gig?
    Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted…Whole 30 Week 3 Review

January 28, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Through a fam connection! Hoping the connections keep coming cause starting from scratch is HARD!

Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds
    January 20, 2014 at 1:29 pm

DUH, of course they were happy with the food. It looks amazing. I stress out when I have to entertain more than 3 people, but you pulled it off. Clearly this new path was the right one. I would hire you in a hot minute.
    Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds recently posted…Friday Five – TV is making me Stupid-er.

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    January 20, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Hooray for a successful (and flippin’ delicious-looking) catering gig! I could seriously go for that bagel and lox lunch spread right now. Think you can cater all the way to NY? 😉
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…Monday Breakfast Date {MIMM #20}

Christine@ Apple of My Eye
    January 20, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Such a cool experience! I think it would be so fun (stressful though I bet!) to cater an event and it looks like you did a fantastic job 🙂

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    January 20, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Way to go! Everything looks light, fresh and delicious. I have a monthly book club that I host yearly and it’s pretty stressful the whole day. I try to make things that are relatively easy to create and feed a lot. I’ve done my arugula pesto chicken salad, enchiladas, and meatloaf.
    Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted…A Marvelous Weekend Review

Mary Frances
    January 20, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Wow, that looks like so much fun! A lot of prep, but so worth it. Catering is something I would love to do … it’s a dream, but we’ll see. That pesto egg salad looks delicious and both desserts are leaving me drooling all over my keyboard. Seriously, your healthy food would fool just about anyone. Keep up the great work, Davida!
    Mary Frances recently posted…Super Easy Dark Chocolate Toffee Fudge

January 28, 2014 at 6:30 pm

You have to try it out Mary Frances!!! You are already feeding some many mouths so I’m sure it will come easy to you. I can’t even explain how much success I see in your future. Honestly, you are one of the most talented bloggers I’ve “met” and you’re still in HS! That’s so so cool. Can’t wait to see what’s to come for you!

Caitlin
    January 20, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Can you cater my life?! This looks amazing! That greek yogurt bar would be my ideal breakfast and the smoked salmon looks fabulous. Aww mini bagels! Congrats!
    Caitlin recently posted…If I’m Being Honest…

Ellie@Fit for the soul
    January 20, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Yayyyy, girl!!!! I’m so happy for you that you got to experience that! It sounds like it would have been a challenge, but a fun one at least. Everything looks and sounds delicious…and I love how you kept it so wholesome. If Jew food looks like that, then Jew food is one of my favorites hands down. 😀 And I’ve never actually “catered” food, but I have cooked/baked for lots of people before and my rookie advice would be to make as many things as possible ahead of time–things that are best chilled or frozen and won’t damage the food, you know? If I’m making salad then I cut up as many things ahead of time as long as they’re not the kind of produce that wilts easily.
    Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted…Scenes from the Weekend

January 28, 2014 at 6:32 pm

yup! That’s what I did. I froze the muffins and bars and made the salads and granola in advance. The rest was all stuff I could pick up, but it was still pretty stressful nonetheless!

Jordan Lynn // Life Between Lattes
    January 20, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Looks like the catering gig went well!
    Jordan Lynn // Life Between Lattes recently posted…Seasonal Stir-Fry [ Meatless Monday ]

January 20, 2014 at 3:38 pm

I think it looks fabulous. I certainly wouldn’t turn down a single bite. How exciting for you. I can’t wait to see, read, and hear about your next event; I just wish it was at my house.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week In Review: The Story Telling Edition

Kim @ BusyBod
    January 20, 2014 at 3:54 pm

This is so exciting for you, congrats on your first successful event! Obviously, you can come cater for my day to day life anytime. Since I struggle to cook for the two of us, I have no wisdom to offer, just lots of love over how delicious everything looks 🙂
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…Long weekend {MIMM}

Selena @ thenutritiouskitchen.com
    January 20, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Congrats on the catering job Davida!! It looks like it went really well and I’m hoping there’s a recipe coming for those “cookie butter cookies” ahhh that sounds right up my alley! 🙂

I once did a catering event for a small group of health professionals and it was very overwhelming and nerve wracking! But in the end it was a great experience . Best advice for catering I learned is for the first few times, stick to making what you know! I tried to branch out and make something new last minute which failed miserably lol! We all learn though 🙂 Regardless, it was fun and I’m glad you are doing what you love!

January 28, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Ah no recipe! I legit threw in some butter, sugar, cookie butter and flour but then realized I needed more cookie butter but ran out so I added some peanut butter! They were so so yummy despite their randomness but not healthy at all so I’m keeping it off the blog 🙁 I also forgot to write down in what measurements I used so I just failed in all fronts gahhhh. I have a recipe for you! I just need to edit and write then I’ll send it your way 🙂

January 20, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Ummm…..you know we own an event venue – if you felt the need to move to the heartland of America you could work plenty for us!!!!
    All of that looks so delicious!!! I knew you would be awesome at the catering gig!!
    Kim recently posted…Today We Honor a True American Hero

Tara
    January 20, 2014 at 4:19 pm

What an interesting group! I would love to find something like that similar over here in San Francisco.

You can cater my next event under these conditions
    1. You pay for your own flight
    2. You stay long enough to hang out with me for three years
    3. You love it so much out here you end up staying forever

What do you say?
    Tara recently posted…Alotta Burrata

January 28, 2014 at 6:40 pm

1. I’ll start saving
      2. Just 3 years? I’m talking long-term moving plans…
      3. Okay phew. Glad to know once I move I already have a bestie lined up.

Yes I just branded you as my bestie. I’m preparing my stomach to eat all of SF with you…

Kierston
    January 20, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Great job! Love the selection of food your made and put together! Very impressive my friend!
    Kierston recently posted…Rid Yourself Of Clutter: 4 Reasons Why It’s Good For You.

January 20, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Dude, you should have fed them all your other amazing dishes…oh well, this was a warm up for what’s next to come!

I once helped out a mate with his catering gig for a wedding. I went home with enough roasted potatoes and bread rolls to feed a family of 500. For days.

Can you come and be my daily caterer? hotel eating is boring. And limited.

For cooking with groups, I guess having a good selection to cater for vegetarians/etc even if not specified 😉
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Marvelously manic.

January 28, 2014 at 6:41 pm

ugh vegetarians… JUST KIDDING. Love dem omnivores!

500?!? There must have been some incest involved…

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    January 20, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Congrats on your first gig, friend! How fun is that?! Everything looks beautiful!! I would pay loooooots of money to faceplant into that jew food right now…lemme tell ya.
    Alexis @ Hummusapien recently posted…Crockpot Red Lentil, Quinoa & Veggie Curry

January 28, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Dude we need to do a jew food series! I’m talking kugel, babka, matzo ball soup but healthified! I’m scouting Jew bloggers…

Sarah Pie
    January 20, 2014 at 6:49 pm

I don’t have an event…or live anywhere close… or have any money… but that’s not stopping me from wanting to hire you right now because that spread looks amazing! I’m glad to hear it went off well on your end (but seriously how could it not when the food all looks that good!)
    Sarah Pie recently posted…WIR #36: Making it Better

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats
    January 20, 2014 at 8:39 pm

OMG well done!! I would totally hire you if you catered all the way in Australia 😉

Love the breakfast bar idea. Everything you made looked amazing. Yay, I am so proud of your efforts!!
    Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted…Trial Tuesdays: A look back edition

January 28, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Thanks Jan!!! I’ll come cater for you any day but you have to include free boarding cause I hear Aus is expensive!!!

Lauren @ Sweat The Sweet Stuff
    January 20, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Cool! I saw the yogurt bar pic on IG and was wondering what it was for. I haven’t catered but I had Christmas for 40 people! Not that I made everything though. I like to entertain though. I’ve learned to do as much ahead of time as possible so I’m not in the kitchen all day during the event and I can enjoy the company. I do love a good presentation. I’ve always been obsessed with servings plates and dishes. Now I actually have a reason to use them though so it’s good! Can you say write offs!?
    Lauren @ Sweat The Sweet Stuff recently posted…Sushi Rolling Party!

January 28, 2014 at 6:51 pm

HAha you sound like my Mom! I never worried about those things and she always used to harp on me for it but now I totally get it! Time to start collecting!

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome
    January 20, 2014 at 8:51 pm

How fun! everything looks amazing!
    Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome recently posted…MIMM – Is it really January?

Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair
    January 20, 2014 at 9:36 pm

This looks amazing! What a spread. Great work 🙂
    Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair recently posted…Pistachio Pesto Pasta

Nikki @ will run for pizza
    January 20, 2014 at 10:17 pm

You rock, Davida!! Nice job on your first gig! The “yogurt bar” is a GREAT idea!
    Nikki @ will run for pizza recently posted…What do you do when you have a Monday “holiday” off?

Amanda
    January 20, 2014 at 11:21 pm

I would definitely hire you! If I had the money you’d just be my in-house chef. 🙂

Tatum @ eats from the oil patch blog
    January 20, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Congrats on the first gig girl! You must be so excited.. I would dive head first into that yogurt bar mm!
    Tatum @ eats from the oil patch blog recently posted…MIMM #3: How To Road Trip Like a Boss B*tch.

Lucie@FitSwissChick
    January 21, 2014 at 3:03 am

YOU ARE GENIUS!!! OMG!! I would completely freak out if I had to cook for so many people. And even bring it somewhere and arrange it nicely – I would be the hilarious fail of the year. But look at YOU!!! I want you to be my daily caterer!! Congrats. If you want to expand to Europe, let me know. I clean the way for you.
    Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted…Berlin, my Love

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs
    January 21, 2014 at 4:30 pm

This is SO impressive. That yogurt bar looked amazing, and so did the cookies and salads and wow, you’re so talented! I know I say that in pretty much all of your posts, but I really mean it. Ok, I wish I could cater like that… every time I try to I end up so stressed :–( Give me your talent please.
    Or cater for me. Everyday. Yeah, that’d be good 😉 xx
    Consuelo @ Honey & Figs recently posted…{Makeover Mondays} 5 Ingredient No-Bake Twix Bars

January 21, 2014 at 5:12 pm

WOOHOOO, congrats on a successful catering gig! I’ve never cooked for a huge group of people, though I used to be a server for a catering company and worked lots of huge events.
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…Zucchini Puree with Oregano Cream

Gabby @ the veggie nook
    January 22, 2014 at 4:21 pm

WOw congrats on the catering girl! So cool and it suits you so much! So proud of you for quitting your old job and starting this 🙂 I will keep you in mind should I ever need catering done!
    Gabby @ the veggie nook recently posted…vegan macro bowl with cashew cheeze sauce

Madison @ Eating 4 Balance
    January 22, 2014 at 10:21 pm

It’s sounds like the perfect spread! I knew you’d make a great caterer. I’d be curious– did they give any feedback afterwards about the food? Well, of course, how could they NOT love it? But it would be kind of neat if you made up a survey monkey online and passed out a slip of paper with your catering business on it and a link to the site. Or even a paper survey I guess. That way you can figure out what they liked/disliked/wanted.

I just have to ask- Did you make those bagels and croissants yourself? They look incredible.

Hmm… Tips for large groups of people? Well, variety of course is great. However sometimes it’s better to have less variety and just more of each food. Too many options and people can get overwhelmed. I think you had the perfect amount!
    Madison @ Eating 4 Balance recently posted…BBQ Chicken Pizza

January 28, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Great ideas!!! Will definitely implement the feedback forms next time!

Didn’t make the bagels or croissants 🙁 They were the two things I didn’t make. Would have taken way too long!

Tonya@Healthy, Fit, and Frugal
    January 23, 2014 at 11:40 am

All the food looks amazing. I’ve worked on some video shoots where it’s catered and I swear I walk away 10 pounds heavier, so I appreciate what you guys do!
    Tonya@Healthy, Fit, and Frugal recently posted…Last Picked In Kickball

Gluten-Free and Vegan Banana Bread - The Healthy Maven
    January 29, 2014 at 9:16 am

[…] people!!!) that I knew I had to recreate and photograph it. I then made them into muffins when I catered and fooled everyone there too. I declare myself the banana bread queen because damnnnnn […]

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    February 3, 2014 at 12:24 am

Omg, I would LOVE to have been your assistant! I could totally have been the set up person! I love doing stuff like that but never really get a chance to! I’ve only hosted two family shindigs but I went ALL OUT for both! 🙂
    Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted…Januar-ily

volusion review
    February 25, 2014 at 9:40 am

Good day my friend! I wish to claim that this informative article is awesome, good published are available having nearly all significant infos. I’m going to discover a lot more threads in this way .

Pesto Egg Salad - The Healthy Maven
    April 12, 2014 at 3:00 am

[…] of the things that I discovered about catering is that it completely sucks the life out of you. I mean that in the best way possible, but for 3 […]

Brian
    January 10, 2017 at 10:16 am

Looks delicious! I love the idea of a DIY yogurt bar. Thanks for sharing!