breakfast gluten-free muffins snacks

Morning Glory Muffins

January 7, 2014

These Gluten-Free Morning Glory Muffins are delicious and packed-full of nutrition to make an awesome and healthy breakfast on the go!

What’s the story morning glory?
If you were to ask me this first thing in the morning there is a 90% chance I won’t answer you.

morning glory muffinsWhile I definitely consider myself a morning person I am absolutely not a morning chatter.

The majority of the reason why I wake up in the morning is because it means I can finally eat breakfast, which for the record is the highlight of my day. Nothing brings me as much joy as deciding what to eat for breakfast except maybe the first bite of my oats/waffle/pancakes/muffin/omelet.

I like to savor my mornings, not chat about last night’s shenanigans, your Freudian interpretation of your dreams or today’s plans. I prefer not to speak unless required to.

morning glory muffins 2I can’t decide if this means I’m not a morning person. I love the mornings; I just enjoy them significantly more when spent alone.

Ironically I hate the nighttime. Nothing gives me more anxiety than the day drawing to a close, yet I’m as chatty as they come when the sun begins to set.

A possible compensatory action? I’ll leave the analysis to you.

Morning Glory Muffins

• 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Gluten-Free flour (I like Cloud 9 Bakery)
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ginger
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 ripe banana, mashed
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup grated carrot (about 2 carrots)
  • 1 cup grated apple (about 1/2 large apple)
  • 1/2 cup walnuts (or other nut)
  • 1/2 cup raisins

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
  3. In a separate bowl combine mashed banana, almond milk, egg and vanilla.
  4. Stir carrot, apple, walnuts and raisins into the wet mixture.
  5. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined.
  6. Line a muffin tray with liners or spray with non-stick spray.
  7. Scoop batter into cups until 3/4 full.
  8. Bake for 20-25 mins (mine took 23 mins).
  9. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 mins.
  10. Remove from tray and let cool completely on a wire rack.
  11. Will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container or in freezer for months.

These Morning Glory Muffins are gluten-free and packed-full of nutrition to make an awesome and healthy breakfast on the go!

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com
    January 7, 2014 at 5:43 am

I adore breakfast too!! My daughter has informed me that I need to calm down in the mornings as thats when I am the most chatty – so not sure what your prognosis is 🙂
    As much as I love breakfast, i am so so boring when it comes to it – but I need to switch out my oats with these muffins some time! They sound suspiciously like an apple-carrot cupcake moonlighting as a muffin! totally delish flavor combo!
    Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted…Can Too Much Of A Good Thing Be Marvelous?

Kim @ BusyBod
    January 7, 2014 at 6:03 am

Baha this reminds me of my sister, who is NOT a morning person. My rule with her growing up was “don’t speak until spoken to.” Sometimes she would be up for hours before suddenly saying “good morning Kimby!” It worked though, I always knew she was ready to talk then. But, since you like mornings, and hate nights, you’re definitely still a morning person in my book 🙂 Also these muffins look delicious. <3
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…Relapse

Danielle @ Green is the New Black
    January 7, 2014 at 6:22 am

These sound delicious and like a good on the go breakfast. This non-baker may have to give them a try! I’m with you, I am a morning person, but like a little peace and quiet to ease into the day. I purposely get up at 4:30 on work days to have a little quiet before everyone gets up. That is post-child though, I never would have thought getting up at that time for a little peace made sense, but now its a must!
    Danielle @ Green is the New Black recently posted…A Marvelous Way to Cook White Fish

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine
    January 7, 2014 at 6:45 am

I am totally a morning person! It is the best time of the day and breakfast just makes it that much better 🙂
    Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…A Continuous Journey

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles
    January 7, 2014 at 7:00 am

I am a total morning person but don’t try to talk to me!
    meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Three Tip Tuesday- Revisiting The Winter Workout Gear

Ksenija @ With An Open Mind
    January 7, 2014 at 7:14 am

Haha. I am not starting to analyze this, but I am definitely not a morning chatter, though I would consider myself a morning person and overall pretty chatty too 😉 . And these muffins would be a great reason to get up, even if you are not a morning person. Damn girl, you just made me miss my oven a lot more. I have to hold me over with microwaved mug cakes and french croissants I guess.
    Ksenija @ With An Open Mind recently posted…I’m in France!

Christine @ Gotta Eat Green
    January 7, 2014 at 7:18 am

Awesome pictures! These muffins look amazing.

I wish I had muffins, waffles, or pancakes for breakfast during the week.. sadly I only leave two minutes for bfast on weekdays so usually I have a shake or overnight oats.. annnnd usually when I am walking to the subway.
    Christine @ Gotta Eat Green recently posted…Almond Oat Bites

January 12, 2014 at 8:57 pm

You have mad talent for being able to walk to the subs while eating overnight oats! Teach me your ways!

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    January 7, 2014 at 7:22 am

Amen to breakfast being the highlight of my day. I definitely prefer to spend them alone, eating my breakfast. I do love cooking breakfast for others though! And I get antsy as the day closes as well. I kinda just want it to be morning already.
    These muffins look like a super delicious way to start the day! Maybe with these, I mightttt want to talk to people. 😉
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…Current Simple Joys

Jo @ LIVING MINT GREEN
    January 7, 2014 at 7:25 am

Remember that time I said I wanted to quit my job so I could stay home and make all of your recipes?

IT’S HAPPENING AGAIN!!!!

How are you doing? Sorry I haven’t been around much – I think I told you this, but, the holidays took it out of me. (AKA WINE)

I miss you!
    Jo @ LIVING MINT GREEN recently posted…This Isn’t Going To Work

January 8, 2014 at 7:40 pm

I miss you!!!! I could seriously use a helper in the kitchen. We’d drink wine like water and write in our burn book!

Madison
    January 7, 2014 at 7:29 am

I am a morning person but more so a: i-like-to-be-by-myself-morning-person. I love my little routine of coffee in the morning and don’t want people hovering over me. haha….maybe I’m not a morning person now that i think of it. 🙂
    Madison recently posted…The Best Carrot Cake Ever

January 7, 2014 at 7:30 am

Now this is a breakfast I can totally get behind. I meant to tell you that I have decided muffins need to be a much bigger part of my diet. And these look fabulous. I’ve been eating one along with a smoothie lately, and it’s really done the trick! I have no idea if you came up with this name or if morning glory muffins are a thing and this is your twist, but I love the name! It’s so cute!
    Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…From Start To Finish

Elise @ 9toFit.com
    January 7, 2014 at 7:31 am

Just took a read through the ingredient list, you packed these with so many good things . I feel like these would be filling!
    Elise @ 9toFit.com recently posted…Morning Rise Grapefruit Juice

Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness
    January 7, 2014 at 7:37 am

I am definitely a morning person! And I love breakfast, any time of the day!
    These muffins look perfect. I’ve had the Starbucks morning glory muffins before and they were good…but these are much much healthier! Yum!
    Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness recently posted…Date & Banana Quinoa Breakfast Bake {GF and Low Fat}

Suzanne @ hello, veggy!
    January 7, 2014 at 7:37 am

I’m the same; don’t talk to me before I have some brekkie!
    Suzanne @ hello, veggy! recently posted…Falafel Pie

Joanne
    January 7, 2014 at 7:37 am

We are super similar in our love of breakfast but disdain for morning chatter. I’m exactly the same way. And so grateful that the.boy gets up at LEAST an hour after I do so I have some quiet time to myself! These morning glory muffins would get me out of bed quick snap!
    Joanne recently posted…Smoky Kale and Potato Cakes and Red Kale Salad with Quick-Pickled Apples

Gabby @ the veggie nook
    January 7, 2014 at 7:43 am

I’m the same as you! I love getting up early for time alone- to read, eat and just general prepare for the day. You try and talk to me you will get one word responses and assume I’m in a bad mood. I’m not in a bad mood just not IN THE MOOD yet 😉
    Gabby @ the veggie nook recently posted…{from left to write} my shrine to blogging and multi-grain (gf) apple pancakes

kathy @ vodka and soda
    January 7, 2014 at 8:03 am

definitely a morning person. i’m also in need of my own quiet space/time as soon as i wake up for about 2hrs. come to me before then asking a work question or wanting to talk nonsense, i’ll legit tell you to fuck off and leave me alone.

kathy
    Vodka and Soda
    kathy @ vodka and soda recently posted…5 types of people at work

Megan (The Lyons' Share)
    January 7, 2014 at 8:07 am

YUM. I’ve been crumbling a homemade muffin on my pumpkin yogurt every morning, and these look like a perfect addition. Yes, it’s OK if you want to send a huge batch my way :). I’m similar to you – I enjoy getting up in the mornings, but that’s because I feel like I have the opportunity to get a few things done and get my day off to a good start. Not so much a chatter. My whole family was the same way, but when I’m at my in-laws, man they like to talk in the mornings!!!
    Megan (The Lyons’ Share) recently posted…Living the Life I Have Imagined

January 12, 2014 at 9:05 pm

If I had your healthy blueberry crumble muffins I would crumble it all over everything haha. Same with my “in-laws”…they’re super chatty!

Becky@TheSavedRunner
    January 7, 2014 at 8:36 am

I look forward to breakfast every day too! It is my favorite meal, and I’m always starving when I wake up! I definitely consider myself a morning person, and I definitely don’t mind chatting it up in the morning, but my husband and I are total opposites lol. These muffins look amazing, and I love the fruits and veggies you added into them!
    Becky@TheSavedRunner recently posted…2013: A Year in Review

January 12, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Your hubby and I are on the same page 😉 But I’m starving too when I wake up. Nothing is stopping me from getting to that kitchen!

Jess
    January 7, 2014 at 8:39 am

The muffins look really delicious! I’m not really a morning person, but if I had one of these for brekkie, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t mind getting up early! 🙂
    Jess recently posted…Best Buttery Croissants (20-Minute Dough Recipe)

January 7, 2014 at 8:44 am

Ok you and I are like the same person – I’m the exact same way about my mornings! I love them, but I want to enjoy them in peace. I hate it when my family tries to talk to me!
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…8 days, 5 restaurants

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    January 7, 2014 at 8:56 am

Those muffins look great! I’m much more of a morning person. I carpool to work, so I’m usually chatting all the way in and then I’ll spend the first 30 minutes of work catching up with everyone instead of actually working haha. By the evening, I’m all chatted out so I use that time to just relax and zone out.
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…New goals for 2014

January 7, 2014 at 8:58 am

I’m the same way with mornings – I actually like them, but I actually love the fact that Eric sleeps in later than I do so I don’t have to say a word for the first hour or two 😉 And morning glory muffins are my absolute favourite, but I haven’t had one is ages. Must. make.
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…My Fitness Lessons From 2013.

Erin @ The Almond Eater
    January 7, 2014 at 9:02 am

Okkk um yum! I am in fact a morning chatter (totally annoying) and I love interpreting my dreams sooo that made me laugh. I’m thinking me and you would need to chat in the middle of them day when we are both moderately chatty as to not annoy one another haha
    Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Mango Salsa Summertime Salad

Ali @ Inspiralized
    January 7, 2014 at 9:09 am

I’m definitely a morning person, but I’m also a night owl. What would you call that combo, haha??
    Ali @ Inspiralized recently posted…Harissa Zucchini Spaghetti Skillet with Kale, Chickpeas and Poached Eggs

Jen @ SavedbytheKale
    January 7, 2014 at 9:18 am

I’m a morning person. I like being up early, not crazy early but early…..but I am not chatty in the morning. I need time by myself to sit drink some coffee…blog read, wake up. Which is why I make it a point most days to get up before anyone else in the house. Now if one of the girls happen to get up before me yeah my morning does not start off as good. 🙂
    Jen @ SavedbytheKale recently posted…Curried Sweet Potato Soup

January 12, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Tell me about it! If anyone is up before me it definitely sets a tone. Love my peaceful mornings 🙂

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs
    January 7, 2014 at 9:22 am

That’s. So. Me.
    I really really like mornings, because mornings mean breakfast, which is, obviously, my favorite part of the day. But I do not like chatting. Nope. Not all all. And I dread nightime too, but that’s probably because I never get to sleep and insomnia and etc… though I’m super chatty those times.
    I love love love these muffins. Oh, they look so good! x
    Consuelo @ Honey & Figs recently posted…{Makeover Mondays} Skinny 30 Minute Skillet Lasagna

Mary Frances
    January 7, 2014 at 9:22 am

Oh my gosh, I’m so glad it isn’t just me, but the whole reason I get up is for breakfast … and then a hot shower. Really. And these muffins would make getting up even easier! They are gorgeous! And I love all the fruits and veggies (and all those flavors and textures!) in there!
    Mary Frances recently posted…Salted Chocolate Coconut Popcorn

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots
    January 7, 2014 at 9:23 am

I am a morning person once I have had my coffee 🙂 . These sound delicious, I will be making them soon!
    Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted…In Flight Survival Guide: my “must haves”

Chai a cup of life
    January 7, 2014 at 9:44 am

These look great! I am also a breakfast fan and not very chatty 🙂
    Chai a cup of life recently posted…Balancing Life and Work Through Food And Exercise

January 7, 2014 at 9:45 am

Morning person – yes. Morning chatter – no. Heck, I don’t even play music in the morning because I like the silence. And that was actually one of the worst things about having the boy come stay with me… having my peace and quiet taken away. Gah! I’ve gotten way too use to living alone…
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. soft and chewy protein granola bars .

sara @ Fitcupcaker
    January 7, 2014 at 9:56 am

yum, these look so great, with the banana and apple!!
    sara @ Fitcupcaker recently posted…Happy New Year! 2014!

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance
    January 7, 2014 at 9:57 am

I think mornings are a reflective time and a time to get stuff done before you have to interact with people. Once I start interacting with people I start to feel more drained and tired because it takes energy, so I’m with you in that I like to get up in the morning but I want to do my own thing.
    FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Jumpstart January

Christine@ Apple of My Eye
    January 7, 2014 at 10:00 am

Mhmm these look delicious! Perfect for a slow morning with some coffee 😀

If you don’t mind me asking, what size/how do you crop your images in your recipe posts? I’ve been trying to get mine to that size, but for some reason can’t nail it haha!
    Christine@ Apple of My Eye recently posted…Garlic Ginger Bok Choy

Danielle @LabelsAreForTinCans
    January 7, 2014 at 10:19 am

Haha I’m totally with you! Maybe that’s why I love the mornings so much now – because I live alone?
    Danielle @LabelsAreForTinCans recently posted…Favourite Vancouver Places Edition No. 1: Coffee Shops to Do Work In

Jordan Lynn // Life Between Lattes
    January 7, 2014 at 10:26 am

Breakfast is my favorite meal too, but I’m obsessed with coffee, and these muffins seems like they would go exceptionally well with a good cup of coffee.
    Jordan Lynn // Life Between Lattes recently posted…How to … Eat Tofu for Breakfast

Leslee @ Her Happy Balance
    January 7, 2014 at 10:47 am

I’m definitely a morning person. It requires some serious effort and caffeine to keep me going after 10pm. I love weekend mornings when I can take my time and go to the gym then come home and make brunch…work day mornings are always rushed and full of a long commute, not so fun. Anyway, great recipe! Can you use fresh grated ginger in this? Or do you think that would be too overpowering?
    Leslee @ Her Happy Balance recently posted…Mild Marinated Jerky

Amanda
    January 7, 2014 at 11:13 am

These sound so delicious and they look so MOIST… I like a good moist muffin. (Almost went back and deleted that because it sounds freaky).
    I’m chatty no matter WHAT time of day it is. You’d hate me in the morning. But I’d shove a whole grain waffle in your mouth and then we’d be friends again. 🙂
    Amanda recently posted…1 In 31+ Million

Anna
    January 7, 2014 at 11:30 am

You totally just put into words my feelings towards both mornings and evenings! I love early, calm mornings where I can enjoy my coffee and start slow, but I get anxious as evening approaches because I feel like I haven’t finished everything I need to do! But despite that, nighttime is when I have the most energy to have long, drawn-out discussions 🙂

Those muffins look fantastic, I’ll definitely be giving them a try!
    Anna recently posted…Goals for 2014

Karey @ Nutty About Health
    January 7, 2014 at 11:36 am

I’m with ya on not being a morning person either… but, I love me a good breakfast!! I think that’s probably what gets me out of bed. 😉
    These muffins look SO good!!! Yum!!
    Karey @ Nutty About Health recently posted…How to Make Kombucha Tea

Mireya @myhealthyeatinghabits
    January 7, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Davida,

These muffins sound not only tasty, but very good for you.

Miss Polkadot
    January 7, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Now that’s a tough one. Like you, I can’t say I was -not- a morning person because I’ve always associated that with being all grumpy and freaking out when somebody starts talking to them [yes, I know one of those lovely persons]. However, I prefer to get the day started calmly and all by myself, too. Unlike you, though, I don’t enjoy deciding on a breakfast because I hardly ever know what I want and it’s somewhat ‘frustrating’ [exaggerating a bit obviously].
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…When a binge turned into a blessing

January 12, 2014 at 9:41 pm

It’s true, one of the hardest decisions of my day! But no matter what I choose it’s still so good!

GiGi Eats Celebrities
    January 7, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Morning Glory……….. I guess this is ONE WAY, to get some morning glory! LMFAO – Okay dirty mind, just go back to bed!
    GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted…Yum… Oh Wait No, That’s Yucky!

January 7, 2014 at 1:43 pm

I’m right there with you on not chatting in the mornings. When we first got married (over 17 years ago), Chris would jump up and immediately start whistling and snapping (he tends to walk around snapping his fingers & whistling – perpetually happy!) and talking!!! We had a talk (not early in the AM) about that – basically don’t talk to me in the mornings and don’t be so chipper around me!!! We’ve settled in and even though he doesn’t get it he respects it. Plus, it helps me deal with the boys – by the time they get up I’ve been up for hours so I could chat but they prefer to have breakfast in silence – I get it!!!
    Kim recently posted…Wall-Sits, Planks and National Day of Something

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    January 7, 2014 at 1:48 pm

I’m a lot like you…. morning is my favorite time of the day, but it has to be a quiet morning. Don’t talk to me, just let me be! 😉 I’ve been wanting to make a variation of the morning glory muffin for so long. Pinning!
    Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted…Super Easy and Healthier Snickerdoodle Waffles

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    January 7, 2014 at 2:27 pm

I could totally be your roommate because that’s exactly how my one roomie is! I know that while she gets up super early (even earlier than me) she isn’t ready to chat at allllll until about 930/10 am. I used to think she was mad at me or something until I just learned it was her pattern. I’m totally a chatter so it was just something I had to get used to. So, anyway about these muffins, love the addition of carrots! And I’m sure that they are better than that one movie called Morning Glory.
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…That Time I Wanted To Be A Meteorologist [Spill It Sunday #6]

January 12, 2014 at 9:48 pm

It took my roommate about 3 years to figure that out about me! Though she slept in so it wasn’t usually a problem 🙂 Never heard of that movie but I’m guessing you’re suggesting I shouldn’t watch it 😉

January 7, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Wow, I’d never heard of a Morning Glory muffin before, but after looking through the ingredients- Yum! I think I’ll give this a go- but maybe add some cream cheese frosting on top- I’ve got a huge tub to go through!

I think I am a morning person and slowly becoming less of a night owl. Ahh how times have changed!
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…To delete or keep- Cleaning up the blog reader

January 12, 2014 at 9:49 pm

I’m totally becoming the opposite! I used to be up at the break of down but I have recently discovered sleeping in and there is absolutely no going back now…

Becky @ Olives n Wine
    January 7, 2014 at 5:59 pm

I am most definitely a morning person but like you, do not talk to me until I have had sufficient alone time 😉 I love morning glory muffins and look like they’d be fab warmed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side… Yep, IC for breakfast!
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…#17 Treat Yourself Tuesday

Heather @ Run Like a G!
    January 7, 2014 at 6:33 pm

I love morning as well. It is a new day but I do NOT chat either. All my family and friends know not to talk to me when I first wake up until after I have my breakfast. They also know not to call me until after 9am. I guess I am sort of grumpy 🙂

Those muffins look delicious!
    Heather @ Run Like a G! recently posted…Goals & Challenges

January 12, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I’m such a grump! For me it’s 10:00AM! You imagine that my coworkers didn’t like me very much haha

Sarah Pie
    January 7, 2014 at 6:35 pm

I’m a total morning person, much to the dismay of the BF. Though I’m happy to enjoy my morning tea and treat in peace the way you describe. Could be that I’m just a huge fan of breakfast food whatever the time of day 🙂

These look delicious and I’m adding them to my “to-bake” list!
    Sarah Pie recently posted…Chopped Kitchen Challenge: January 2014

Kierston @candyfit
    January 7, 2014 at 7:36 pm

I’m totally a morning person, and I LOVE breakfast. Breakfast is by far my most favourite meal. I also love baking in the morning the best 🙂
    Kierston @candyfit recently posted…Chasing Highs…

Maria @ Little Miss Cornucopia
    January 7, 2014 at 8:42 pm

ever since I became a Mom, I really like my mornings..especially when I’m the first one up..but like you, please don’t talk to me until i say so lol.

These muffins sound like the perfect way to start my morning off right..and i especially love baking first thing in the morning 🙂

are you an oasis fan btw?

Paige@FitNotFad
    January 7, 2014 at 9:15 pm

I am definitely a morning person! Morning chatter, eater, everything 🙂 PS when I saw the title I was SOOO hoping you were referencing Bye Bye Birdie and then I clicked on the post and was rewarded!! What’s the word hummingbird?
    Paige@FitNotFad recently posted…Ginger Pear Shooters

Lauren @ ihadabiglunch
    January 7, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Your photos are GORGEOUS! You could make a stick of butter look elegant!
    Lauren @ ihadabiglunch recently posted…birthday weekend in the south pole

Jessie
    January 7, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Saving this recipe right about…NOW! I’ve never had a morning glory muffin before, but have always wanted to both try & recreate one of my own. Thankfully for me, you’ve already provided me w/ a recipe =) Can’t wait to bake some once my vitacost order gets here with my milk. Ha Ha!

Morning person… not a fan of night.
    Jessie recently posted…WIAW: January 7, 2014

January 12, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Can vitacost hurry up and get you your milk!!! I wish I could bake you up a batch of these and deliver them to you as a get well present!

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome
    January 7, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Love breakfast! Lately I’ve been obsessed with veggies, bacon or chicken sausage and a fried egg. Every day, can’t get enough!
    Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome recently posted…Finally setting some New Year Goals

hayley @healthyregards
    January 7, 2014 at 10:35 pm

I LOVE THIS POST! I was laughing as I read it because i feel the exact same way about mornings. 1. Sometimes the only thing getting me out of bed is breakfast. 2. I’m awake so early for ME time!! To eat my breakfast and chill out, with noone up to bother me yet.
    hayley @healthyregards recently posted…Bloglovin?

Madison @ Eating 4 Balance
    January 7, 2014 at 11:30 pm

Oh yum. I love Morning glory muffins. I think I’ve made ours with pineapple before too.
    Madison @ Eating 4 Balance recently posted…What I Made in 2013

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl
    January 7, 2014 at 11:33 pm

I love a good muffin in the morning but I don’t’ make them nearly enough. This is something I have to improve, starting with these babies!
    Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl recently posted…I’m In Love With Crispy Hash Browns

Nikki @ will run for pizza
    January 7, 2014 at 11:45 pm

I am a morning person on days OFF! Haha but not a chatter. I like to chill on the couch with my coffee and enjoy the sun rising!
    Nikki @ will run for pizza recently posted…Life is like a box of chocolates.

Melanie @ HappyBeingHealthy
    January 8, 2014 at 12:15 am

Yum, yum, yum! Those muffins look fabulous and I think my kids would like them too! I love mornings and nights, but I’ve learned that I can’t love both or my body hates me. 😉
    Melanie @ HappyBeingHealthy recently posted…Hangin’ in There + Comforting Chicken Broccoli Divan

January 12, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Could not agree more! One or the other or a sleepless night it will be and there’s nothing worse than that!

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    January 8, 2014 at 11:44 am

I’m definitely not a morning person but I don’t like sleeping in because then I feel like I’ve missed a big chunk of my day. I will however get up a little quicker for a nice muffin like these 🙂
    Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted…Eating Disorders & New Years: Coping With the Weight Loss Craze While Staying in Recovery

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run
    January 8, 2014 at 12:53 pm

adorable muffin papers! where did you get them?
    Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run recently posted…600 Rep Workout

Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds
    January 8, 2014 at 1:51 pm

My dirty mind couldn’t get through reading this as anything but Glory Hole Muffins. So sorry, so perverted. Even though I put that image in our heads, they look pretty damn good. Apples should be required in all baked goods.
    Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds recently posted…My New Years “to-do” List

Sarah & Arkadi
    January 8, 2014 at 9:15 pm

This muffin is loaded with sooo much goodness!!!
    Sarah & Arkadi recently posted…Sugar Apple (Cherimoya)

Allison @ Life's a Bowl
    January 9, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Morning glory muffins are my FAVORITE! I’ve never made them at home, but I’d love to eat one every day before work… I’ll have to grab the ingredients this weekend 🙂
    Allison @ Life’s a Bowl recently posted…My Spring 2014 Race Schedule

January 9, 2014 at 10:20 pm

STOOOOP I’ve been craving morning glory muffins and I was going to try making my own. Now I’ll have to try making yours. You’ve got to get out of my brain.

I also love mornings because breakfast is the highlight of my day. It’s all I think about because usually I workout and get ready on weekdays (and go to work and settle in) before eating proper breakfast (I have an energy bite or some cereal or yogurt before that). I hate chatting in the morning… a downfall of living at home haha. We are the same person.
    Cassie recently posted…Almost Getting It Together Thursdays: Mint.com

January 12, 2014 at 10:16 pm

So happy you loved them!!!

I cannot wait to move out (we got a place! Must tell you about it!) so I can have my peace in the morning. Thankfully C sleeps in so I don’t have to deal with his nonsense lol

Favorite Finds: Oatmeal Any Which Way
    January 10, 2014 at 9:16 am

[…] Morning Glory Muffins by The Healthy Maven – morning glory muffins are my favorite type of muffin […]

Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner
    January 10, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Hehe, you’re too funny! I like my mornings too. Slow time getting up, enjoying my morning coffee, quiet time for Tina. 🙂 Although I don’t mind chatting. 😉
    I love muffins and these look delicious!
    Tina @ Tina’s Chic Corner recently posted…Double Chocolate Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Icing

January 12, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Nothing better than a slow morning to enjoy coffee and breakie! I’d prefer no chatting but I was being a bit dramatic…I’d consider talking but only for you!

Five Things Friday 01/17/14 |
    January 17, 2014 at 6:03 am

[…] Morning Glory Muffins from The Healthy […]

January 18, 2014 at 1:22 pm

I am a morning person. It’s actually my favorite part of the day, most likely because it’s my quiet time by myself. It helps me plan, prepare, and recharge. It’s my Zen moment, which I suspect I could also find by eating these muffins. Holy Toledo, these are packed with so much veggie goodness. I love it. Can you bring me some of these? I promise not to talk and I’ll even make you a cup of coffee or tea.

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    January 20, 2014 at 1:36 am

Breakfast is most definitely the highlight of the day…hence the reason why it normally occurs more than once in MY day! 😉 With my night-shift schedule, it’s practically impossible to tell you what “kind” of person I am (you know, besides the zombie type), but I will say that when I worked a normal shift, I was definitely a morning person…not the chatty Cathy kind but more of the get up early and start the day in a quiet, peaceful manner kind of way. There’s just something about eeeeeeeeeeeasing into the day! Nothing like oversleeping and having to rush rush rush…those are always the worst!
    Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted…Peanut Butter Pumpkin Banana Wrap

“The Best Thing that I’ve Baked so Far” Morning Glory Almond Muffins
    January 23, 2014 at 9:48 am

[…] from Trader Joe’s, however, I took it as a sign. I looked around at some recipes and found this one from the Healthy Maven that I used as a template to figure out my measurements. But, as […]

tobacco pipes
    February 10, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Hi there very cool internet site! Person. Great. Wonderful. I’m going to bookmark your blog as well as go ahead and take for also? My business is pleased to locate plenty of valuable information and facts with this organize, we would like acquire more approaches in this regard, appreciation for sharing.

When pizza for breakfast is back on rotation
    April 9, 2014 at 12:55 am

[…] salmon, egg scramble with mushrooms, spinach and a tonne of chilli with two of Davida’s Morning Glory Muffins. This was the first blogger recipe I told myself I’d make in my new place. It’s good. […]

DIY Pumpkin Spice + 30 Healthy Fall Recipes - The Healthy Maven
    September 19, 2014 at 5:02 am

[…] Morning Glory Muffins (GF) […]

Emily
    January 5, 2015 at 3:15 pm

Yes!! Love mornings, and chatting… after my coffee 😉 These look divine! #nomnom

MJ Van De Boom
    January 27, 2015 at 11:52 pm

I made these muffins & had them in the oven for 23 minutes & the insides were still raw. I had to add another 12 minutes.

January 28, 2015 at 9:32 am

I’m sorry to hear that! Ovens can vary greatly and can also be affected by things like elevation. I’ve made them several times and I’ve never had them turn out raw but again, these things can vary.

Paleo Banana Nut Muffins - The Healthy Maven
    March 24, 2015 at 2:33 pm

[…] Morning Glory Muffins (GF) […]

Kyle Gruber
    May 1, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Mmmm. Those morning glory muffins sure do look good. I’m feeling obligated to try out the recipe sometime.

Jennifer
    June 2, 2015 at 12:58 am

These muffins were fantastic! 🙂 I’m ashamed to admit that before I made them, I had never had a Morning Glory Muffin. I will definitely be making them again.