random ramblings

Random Ramblings #6

January 17, 2014

You ask, I deliver! Today is my 6th instalment of Random Ramblings. I’m going to attempt to stick with this series, which might actually happen since I am never without random thoughts.

It’s a busy weekend for me (my first catering gig ah!) so I’m keeping things brief. Wish me luck!

1. I think I was a little harsh on my brother in yesterday’s post. Because of the oncoming craziness of this weekend I had scheduled the post to publish on Sunday, but karma’s a b* and WordPress decided to post it yesterday instead. Noted-don’t harp on big bro. P.S. G you know I like you better than our sisters and I don’t hate you for stealing all of our family’s musical talent. Love ya!
me and G
2. The other day I was upset and frustrated so I took out my emotions on the oven. I desperately needed donuts so I made some adjustments to these and promptly ate three of them. Arman says it looks like I drew on them with a crayon…
donuts edit
3. Speaking of sweets, C’s sister gave me these chocolates for Christmas and they are all INCREDIBLE. I’m savouring each bite since they’re from San Fran and I can’t get more here.
chocolate
4. This song came on while I was doing my Tush Toning Pyramid Workout and I forgot how awesome it is. An epic remix that will make you want to run a marathon (I won’t try, don’t worry…)

5. That is one swanky looking man standing in our NEW APARTMENT!!!! It’s official, I’m moving out! I’m a big kid now. Details to come!
apartment edit
6. I usually only tackle 5 ramblings but I need to vent about the bane of my existence, CAPTCHAs. They should be illegal.

Have a wonderful weekend friends!

Do you have food you savor because you can’t get it anywhere near you? Any exciting plans this weekend?

Natasha
    January 17, 2014 at 5:59 am

I definitely love baking as a stress reliever – especially if whatever I make turns out good! I don’t know what is so comforting about it, but it just is!

I savor my grandma’s homemade trifle that I get once a year at Christmas! I love the fact that I only get it during the holiday season because waiting a year for that dessert makes it taste absolutely incredible every single time!

Typical college student, no plans until the last possible minute – I’l definitely be going out this weekend but I don’t know where, when, or with whom yet hahah.

I do know that I have two dinner reservations for Ann Arbor restaurant week aka the best time of the year! Deals on meals 🙂

I hope you have a lovely weekend xx Natasha
    Natasha recently posted…Running Would you Rather Survey

January 20, 2014 at 4:01 pm

I think it’s winterlicious in Toronto now too! A bunch of my friends were at the classic and said Ann Arbor has some great restos. Hope you had a good weekend!

meredith @ Cookie ChRUNicles
    January 17, 2014 at 6:03 am

How exciting about the new apartment! Can’t wait to hear all about it…Thankfully I can’t think of any food not available near me that I would want, aside from I guess my favorite treats in Disney World and Hershey Park lol.
    meredith @ Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Panera Bread For Lunch And Friday Links Of Interest

Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness
    January 17, 2014 at 6:36 am

Congrats on the new apartment! SO EXCITING!
    Donuts are the cure for just about everything. Especially when they are crayon coloured.
    captchas=nonono. I HATE THEM. They definitely deserve a 6th rambling! Have a great weekend Davida!
    Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness recently posted…Crockpot Chipotle Pulled Pork Sandwiches With Avocado Ranch Sauce {Whole Wheat}

Madison
    January 17, 2014 at 7:11 am

Can we be best friends and bake together all the time? 🙂 Congrats on the moving out and getting a place! I absolutely CANNOT WAIT to hear more details!
    Madison recently posted…Anthropologie Accessories and a GIVEAWAY

Tina Muir
    January 17, 2014 at 7:14 am

How exciting! You have so much to look forward to!! Oh, and GOOD LUCK! I am sure you will do amazing! Good things happen to good people, and you are certainly one of those!

Whenever I come back to America, literally half my suitcase is filled with chocolate and food (including cereal and sometimes even bread) from home as I miss it! My parents and friends always laugh at me, but I like you, savor it so much!!! I understand your pain!

Love the random ramblings 🙂
    Tina Muir recently posted…Gluten Free Cooking…10 days in

January 20, 2014 at 4:02 pm

My friend who lives in Ireland brings back costco-sized tubs of peanut butter! I can’t imagine going without peanut butter gah!

Elise @ 9toFit.com
    January 17, 2014 at 7:26 am

Congratss about the new apartment! That’s so exciting!
    Elise @ 9toFit.com recently posted…Feature Friday: Sweet Caroline

Joanne
    January 17, 2014 at 7:39 am

YES on the moving in together and new apartment!! That is awesome. And you will love it. It’s kind of the best.
    Joanne recently posted…Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars

D @ The Kosher Cave Girl
    January 17, 2014 at 7:54 am

Congratulations on the new apartment! So exciting!
    D @ The Kosher Cave Girl recently posted…Pecan Butter Cups + Sea Salt

kathy @ vodka and soda
    January 17, 2014 at 8:05 am

yay for the apartment! is that my room on the right?
    kathy @ vodka and soda recently posted…fitness fridays – you have to start somewhere

Leeeeeeee
    January 17, 2014 at 8:13 am

We want more pics of that swanky man. And the apartment, I guess.
    Leeeeeeee recently posted…12 Healthy Recipes + 12 Healthy Food Bloggers to Follow

Paige@FitNotFad
    January 17, 2014 at 8:25 am

Oh my gosh congratulations!!! Seriously so exciting…moving in together is rough sometimes but mostly totally awesome 🙂 So happy for you!
    Paige@FitNotFad recently posted…Friday Favorites + No Alcohol January Update

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com
    January 17, 2014 at 8:31 am

Congrats lady -on the move!
    I am curious bout the ginger and cayenne chili chocolates – how do they compare to regular 60% cacao chocolates?
    When I was in San Fran, we ate at Boudin’s and I have never had chowder like that – anywhere!
    Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted…When Integrity and Kindness Meet

Kim @ BusyBod
    January 17, 2014 at 8:36 am

Yayyyy new apartment!!! Also, love that old-timey picture of you and your brother. So cute!
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…Links & leggings {Friday favs}

alex @ therunwithin
    January 17, 2014 at 9:02 am

oh my that apartment is gorgeous, congrats!!! i love big open windows like that
    alex @ therunwithin recently posted…Call Me. Stalk You.

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots
    January 17, 2014 at 9:11 am

ahhh first catering gig!!!! Good luck, you will do amazing!! CONGRATS on moving in with the boy toy!!! Its soo much fun!!
    Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted…Fun Facts Friday

Leslee @ Her Happy Balance
    January 17, 2014 at 9:13 am

Woohoo congrats on moving out! SO exciting 🙂 I hope the moving goes smoothly and is full of lots of apartment warming gifts of wine and food. Also, a catering gig?! Um, that’s fantastic. That has to be a dream coming true for you.
    Leslee @ Her Happy Balance recently posted…Friday Favorites! – 1/17/14

Erin @ The Almond Eater
    January 17, 2014 at 9:15 am

OH my gahhhhh you guys are moving in together that’s so exciting!! Also–those chocolates–dark chocolate coconut?! Why didn’t I know about these when I was in SF??? Have a great weekend and good luck at your gig!
    Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Why I Prefer Morning Workouts

January 20, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Next time you’re there you gotta hang out with C’s sister. She knows all the best places! Giving Tara a run for her money 😉

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    January 17, 2014 at 9:25 am

Congrats on the apartment, that’s awesome! I’ve been having a crappy week too, except instead of donuts I’ve been drinking coffee steadily throughout the day like it’s my job.
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…You can do anything

January 17, 2014 at 9:27 am

Whole Foods has dairy free cupcakes that are A-MAZING! But Whole Foods is too far for everyday (or even weekly) excursions but close enough for special occasions aka my birthday!
    Cassie recently posted…friday favorites #10

January 20, 2014 at 4:11 pm

There’s a place in Toronto that makes GF and DF cupcakes that are so good but it’s not close to my house. Actually it will be close to my new apartment…this might become a problem!

January 17, 2014 at 9:28 am

Ahhh congrats on the new apartment – it looks gorgeous! Love the big windows!
    AND congrats on the catering gig!! (geeze, so much congrats in this post…) That is wonderful!
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Five Things Friday 01/17/14.

Alex
    January 17, 2014 at 10:00 am

Captcha is SO annoying! More annoying than that is spammers. Can’t stand either!

Congrats on moving out!

January 20, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Sometimes the spammers make me laugh. Getting the captchas wrong everytime definitely doesn’t though haha

Megan (The Lyons' Share)
    January 17, 2014 at 10:03 am

Wahoooo! Congratulations!! So you’ll be living together? That’s wonderful. And congrats on the catering gig – hope you share pictures :).
    Megan (The Lyons’ Share) recently posted…Warm-Me-Up Chicken Quinoa Soup

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    January 17, 2014 at 10:06 am

Your new apartment looks awesome! I’m so happy for you!!!! My plans this weekend include going to a surprise party and going shopping. Gotta use them gift cards 🙂
    Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted…Deep Thursday

January 20, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Feel free to use those gift cards to send me house warming gifts 😉 Probably not the best idea to quit my job right before moving out haha

Danielle @LabelsAreForTinCans
    January 17, 2014 at 10:23 am

Good luck on your first catering gig! So exciting. And that is awesome you are moving out! You must be so excited.

PS. Want to do a guest post on my blog sometime with music suggestions?
    Danielle @LabelsAreForTinCans recently posted…Food Lately No. 17 & Meal Prep Tips

Hanie
    January 17, 2014 at 10:36 am

You DO have readers who live in San Francisco and can pick up that chocolate for you. …ya know, just sayin. Maybe in exchange for a product you talk about but is only available in Canada?

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    January 17, 2014 at 10:39 am

That picture of you and your brother is so cute! Lots of exciting things in the works for you…. good luck on your catering gig tonight and I can’t wait to hear more about the apartment!
    Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted…Green Smoothies to try for the January Green Smoothie Challenge

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    January 17, 2014 at 10:46 am

Woooooo! New apartment! Congratulations, I am so happy for you and your boo. I think that the great thing about siblings is that even if you are harsh on them they will probably still love you. Alsooooo I hope your first catering gig goes well! Keeping you and your amazing food in my thoughts even though I wish the food was in my stomach! xo
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Friday Favorites

Heather @ Run Like a G!
    January 17, 2014 at 10:47 am

Congrats on your NEW apartment!!!! 🙂 YAY!
    Anytime someone moves in with a boy I think of the Friends’ episode where Monica says to Rachel “You have to move out and I have to live with a boy!” Love it!!!!!!!
    I’m hoping to go to San Fran this summer I will have to scope those out! 🙂
    Have a great weekend!!!
    Heather @ Run Like a G! recently posted…Days That Give Us Hope

Lexi @ Lexi's Clean Kitchen
    January 17, 2014 at 11:27 am

You’re a rockstar. Love the new apartment, and obviously, the donuts. XOXOX
    Lexi @ Lexi’s Clean Kitchen recently posted…Light Cocktails: Collaborative Guest Post

Tonya@Healthy, Fit, and Frugal
    January 17, 2014 at 11:58 am

Congrats on the move! What was the reasoning behind it? Love the floors BTW! I miss having hardwood floors.
    Tonya@Healthy, Fit, and Frugal recently posted…Beach Volleyball Versus Running

January 20, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Getting a little too old to be living with the parents 😉 Love the floors too! Major selling point!

Tara
    January 17, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Yay for moving out!! Are you and your man living together for the first time?

PS: That picture of you and your bro is just the cutest!

January 20, 2014 at 4:33 pm

We lived together for a summer in NYC and managed not to kill each other. Or rather he managed to not kill me. What I lack in sanity I make up with in the kitchen. At least I hope…

Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers
    January 17, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Ha! Crayola donuts 🙂 Happy Friday!
    Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted…Friday Five

Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A.
    January 17, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Congrats on your new apartment! So exciting!

I’m totally with you on taking my emotions out on the oven, haha. Whenever I’m upset or stressed, I seem to find myself in the kitchen whipping up sweets. I forget all about my troubles, until the cookies are gone 🙂
    Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A. recently posted…5 Reasons to Pick Up a Racquet

January 20, 2014 at 4:34 pm

I double the batch when I’m stress baking cause there’s nothing worse than the disappointment of finishing all of your baked goods lol

January 17, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I’m pretty sure my version of hell will be incorrectly filling out a CAPTCHA for all eternity.

I savor chocolate covered macadamia nuts!! I kept my supply from last year SOOO long. Luckily a friend brought some back from her honeymoon in Hawaii.

Also your new place looks adorrrbs.
    Cassie recently posted…Sweet Potato Hummus

January 20, 2014 at 4:36 pm

100% my version of hell too. Especially the ones that make you do math. Like wtf? I’m a university grad, don’t make me use my brain!

My old boss gave me vanilla macadamia nuts from Hawaii and I literally stalked all of the islands to find them again when I visited. I failed. They were so good!

Need to give you the deets on the apartment! And your room of course 😉

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance
    January 17, 2014 at 1:23 pm

WordPress has a mind of its own. It usually chooses not to publish my posts for some reason. Good luck with your first catering gig!!!!!! I hope it goes amazing for you! 🙂

So sorry you have been upset and frustrated. I would eat anything you bake and I don’t care what it looks like!

Also, moving out!?! Good for you! 🙂
    FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Friday’s Food & Fitness: The Australia Edition

Christine @ Gotta Eat Green
    January 17, 2014 at 1:36 pm

YOU HAVE AN APARTMENT!! WHHHAT. Where is it? I must know all the details. Are you still close to me? Exciting!!!
    Christine @ Gotta Eat Green recently posted…Top 10 DIY Wedding Favour Ideas

January 20, 2014 at 4:41 pm

King West! I owe you the deets and an email about Kewaza. Will be in the kitchen on Friday and will pick up a box for you. Then I’m making you get together with me so I can see you while we’re still kind of neighbors 😉

Amanda
    January 17, 2014 at 1:40 pm

I don’t have any foods like that myself, but, I used to work at a mail store (that’s MAIL not MALE) that did UPS, FedEx, shit like that. Anyway, there are a couple companies in Michigan and people would send specific chips, etc to friends in other states allll the time!

Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds
    January 17, 2014 at 1:56 pm

Someones putting on her big girl panties!! Congrats on the new apartment. And bravo for the stud who comes with it 😉
    If I know there’s a Maoz Falafel in a city I’m visiting, I will hunt it out and become a regular customer while I’m there. And this isn’t a food, but I will stalk international Zara’s too because the ones in the US SUCK ASS.
    Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds recently posted…Friday Five – TV is making me Stupid-er.

January 20, 2014 at 4:42 pm

I lived around the corner from Maoz in NYC and I seriously ate there everyday. So effing good!

Anna
    January 17, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Sweet apartment! I love those enormous windows. Having a new apartment to decorate is my favorite thing ever. I really like that remix, too. I will now proceed to over-listen to it and kill it, as I do with any and all new songs 🙂
    Anna recently posted…Friday Things & Links

January 20, 2014 at 4:43 pm

You are me! I will listen to a song until it makes my ears bleed! Though it’s been 4 years since this one came out and I’m still not sick of it 😉

Parita @ myinnershakti
    January 17, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Congrats on the new place! That is so exciting.

Lots of random things going on this weekend – movie night tonight, lunch with a coworker tomorrow, and a team dinner on Sunday. Looks like my weekend is going to revolve around food. 🙂

Caitlin
    January 17, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Moving on from your job and now moving on out, girl you are ON FIRE. So inspiring to me! I got some good news today that hopefully moves my next move along faster so stay tuned as I stay tuned…
    Can’t wait to see pics of your new place after you’re settled in!
    Caitlin recently posted…Let’s See How Far We’ve Come

Mitchell
    January 17, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Bon weekend Davida! Hope it’s fabulous, looking forward to details on the new apartment! That’s so exciting 😀
    Mitchell recently posted…Friday – Finding The Fabulous

January 17, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Oh the stupid karma fairy came from hiding. Please do me a favour and DON’T post the donut recipe until I have a kitchen….I seriously can’t keep up!

CATERING…dude you are amazing. Those fortunate buggers who get to eat your goodies 😉 And the apartment- please make my guest bedroom nice. Thank you.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Melted goats cheese and chives pancakes

January 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm

First catering gig? Whaaaaaat? Alright, lady… I need more deets because that trumps what I’m doing this weekend — just the same old with boarding and work.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #61 .

January 17, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Hooray for the new apartment with the swanky guy!!! So exciting!!
    And – I hope that your catering job goes well – I know you will blow them away with your awesome treats!!!
    Kim recently posted…Friday Happy Hour

Suzanne @ hello, veggy!
    January 17, 2014 at 7:54 pm

I love reading about your life; I’m such a creepy creeper 😛 I want to hear ALLLLL about the gig and your apt!
    Suzanne @ hello, veggy! recently posted…Healthy Vegan Fridays #1

Miss Polkadot
    January 17, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Just a few weeks of less frequent chats and you have that many exciting news lined up?! We need to get back to our regular ‘routine’ of chatting again because I can’t be missing out on your life :). But for now: Congratulations! The apartment, the catering job – wow! You’re awesome! And yes, as soon as you find yourself with a spare minute we [clearly assuming everybody is as curious as me] need details on both.
    My most exciting plan for the weekend is meeting Lucie on Sunday.
    Fingers crossed for a successful first gig though I’m sure everybody will be heads over heels for your food!
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Getting flaky with phyllo [Balsamic Butternut & Kale Pastry for one]

Sarah Pie
    January 17, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Damn those chocolate bars sound good! I’m a sucker for dark chocolate loaded with anything ad the packages are so pretty too. Sibling rivalry makes the world go round, and your brother sounds just as charming as mine 🙂
    Sarah Pie recently posted…Chocolate Almond Microvawe Cake

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    January 17, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Wahoo for getting your own place!! How exciting! I really really wish I could grab that coconut chocolate bar off the screen. That just prompted some extreme cravings!
    Alexis @ Hummusapien recently posted…Crockpot Red Lentil, Quinoa & Veggie Curry

January 17, 2014 at 10:07 pm

CONGRATS on moving out of your parents’ and in with your man!!! Between leaving your job and moving out, you’re really making some moves lately my friend! 🙂

Katie @ 24 Carrot Life
    January 17, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Your apartment looks awesome. I want deets now! and I ditto your comment about captchas. why!?
    Katie @ 24 Carrot Life recently posted…Fiesta Fridays: Molletes

Karey @ Nutty About Health
    January 17, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Whoo-hoo!! Congrats on the new apartment!! Have a great weekend girl! 🙂
    Karey @ Nutty About Health recently posted…It’s All About The Benefits

Brittany
    January 17, 2014 at 11:04 pm

OMG OMG OMG MOVING OUT OMG OMG SO EXCITING! OK..I’m next…AHH that’s seriously the best part of this post.
    Brittany recently posted…Ohh, it is Lovee.

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    January 17, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Those look like some fun donuts though! I have yet to make homemade donuts, mostly because I don’t have a donut maker, and I’m afraid of how they’ll turn out with my less-than-stellar hand-shaping skills.
    One food that I love to savor is Calimyrna dried figs because I used to only be able to get them at Costco in Florida, but my mom just found some here in NY, so I am pumped! But uh, ketchup chips in Canada are also a novelty 😉
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…Fascinating Friday Links #20

January 20, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Those figs sound amazing!!!

More than happy to send you some ketchup chips anytime you like 😉

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table
    January 18, 2014 at 12:14 am

Don’t hate me but… Arman is right about the doughnuts. However, I know you (on the internet, but whatever) and I know I’d wolf down a dozen. 🙂
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…Strange But Good: Sriracha Veggie Muffins

Kelly @ Femme Fitale
    January 18, 2014 at 2:08 am

Woo! Congrats on the new digs!! Looking forward to reading more. That’s super exciting.

Let’s not get started on foods I miss due to location. Move to Australia, and you will totally understand. Last August when I visited Canada, I had a complete field day at the Superstore. It was better than DisneyWorld!

Hope your week & mood turned around and that you have a great weekend ahead of you!!!
    Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted…Over Coffee [18.01.14]

Jen @ SavedbytheKale
    January 18, 2014 at 7:05 am

Congrats on the new apartment and the catering gig!!!!

and Captchas are a huge pain in the ass!
    Jen @ SavedbytheKale recently posted…Five Things Friday

January 18, 2014 at 8:28 am

Congrats on your first catering gig! And on your new apartment! Ahh, so much good news for you! 😀

I’ve never seen that brand of chocolate, but that fig one sounds amazing! I always savour Trader Joe’s coconut chips. I’ve somehow managed to make 2 measly bags last almost 2 months haha.
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…Cookbook review: Clean Food

Carla
    January 18, 2014 at 8:57 am

Sounds like a lot of wonderful things going on! Congrats on your first catering gig…I’m sure it will be wonderful. The new apartment looks nice. And I didn’t think you were too hard on your brother. It was all in fun!
    Carla recently posted…#OneChange For Better Health

Nikki @ will run for pizza
    January 18, 2014 at 9:37 am

Congrats on the apartment!! Rare foods I savor…? The new one has to be the pizza The Hus and I just had in Paris, TN. I told him he needs to already except to stop there for pizza BEFORE we even go see family, and then as we are leaving town, we will stop again. Yes, it’s THAT good. Oh, and my Hus’ mams biscuits and gravy…oh my. After leaving those weekend trips to TN, I have to run 10 miles EVERYDAY for the next week!
    Nikki @ will run for pizza recently posted…January’s theme.

KAT
    January 18, 2014 at 11:20 am

Good luck this weekend!! You are going to rock it I know!
    And congrats on the new place. Can’t wait to hear more about it!
    KAT recently posted…Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars

Jordan Lynn // Life Between Lattes
    January 18, 2014 at 11:40 am

Woah – your first catering gig! Congratulations, that is big! And a new apartment! When I traveled to Germany I became obsessed with Ritter Espresso chocolate (seriously the best chocolate I have EVER had). I brought home six bars, and I savored them for as long as possible.
    Jordan Lynn // Life Between Lattes recently posted…Poodle Therapy

January 20, 2014 at 5:02 pm

That sounds SO good! I wish I could snap my fingers and have all the chocolate in the world!

Jess @ JessieBear What Will You Wear?
    January 18, 2014 at 12:53 pm

The apartment looks lovely!!
    Jess @ JessieBear What Will You Wear? recently posted…Together Tuesday #36

cait @pieceofcait
    January 18, 2014 at 1:48 pm

congrats on everything, great things are headed your way!<3
    cait @pieceofcait recently posted…Thinking out loud 1/16

January 18, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Your first catering gig and a brand new fancy hard wood floored apartment to boot. Congratulations lady; that is some seriously excited stuff. It also explains all that deliciousness you’ve been posting on Intagram today. You’ve had me drooling. Tell you what. I’d hire you. I can pay you in granola. That’s my currency of choice these days. Prisons have cigarettes; I have granola.

Now that I’m officially all caught up (hurray), let me be the first to say, It was a pleasure spending the day with you.

January 20, 2014 at 5:04 pm

If I didn’t have an obscene about of granola left over from catering I’d accept your offer! I have enough to torture me for ages.

Instead I’ll take some cheese. Your presence would also be much appreciated!

Loved getting comment bombed by you. I hope my comment responses will return the favor!

lucie
    January 19, 2014 at 1:27 am

Baked funfetti Donuts? What an awesome name! There is nothing like a stress reliever than baking! Its so fulfilling, dont think you? And I think if Id have created such colourful little delights, I might have chowed down three myself, yum!
    lucie recently posted…Nori Veggie Wraps – My Everyday Staple

January 20, 2014 at 5:05 pm

No better stress reliever! I love the process and then I have delicious baked goods to top it all off!

Gabby @ the veggie nook
    January 19, 2014 at 10:26 am

Oh wow congrats Davida! I’m so excited about all your upcoming stuff! We must actually meet soon please and have a catch up sesh!
    Gabby @ the veggie nook recently posted…cranberry peanut butter granola cookies

veganmiam.com
    January 19, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Wow, 6th installment of Random Ramblings, when was your first?! Congrats with your first catering gig, wishing you best of luck, Miss Amazing Food Caterer!

1. Same here, I was a bit harsh on my brother few years ago (he was acting like my parent and controlling, yet not in a relationship) and now he’s being so sweet and thoughtful, and more open-minded, and of course he has a girlfriend, so it makes things easier!
    2. Interesting. I get upset and would make the heaviest dishes from mac n cheese to two bowls of noodle soups. I’m a savory crybaby ;(
    3. Cayenne-Chili chocolate?! How was it?
    4. Lovely remix!
    5. Beautiful apartment, and congrats!
    6. Haha!

Good luck with the move & the catering gig! x Rika

January 20, 2014 at 4:59 pm

I love seeing you back here Rika!!!

savory cry baby lol…I’d take your mac and cheese 😉

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    January 20, 2014 at 2:16 am

Omg, practically half the stuff I get from TJ Maxx, I end up hoarding for months because it’s so hard to find it again! Those chocolates sound amazing…the fig one especially! My sister once put a crayon in her pants pocket when she was little and my mom washed them without knowing…with the whites…all of our socks and underwear looked a lot like your donuts…only PURPLE! Lol

CONNNNNNNNNNNNNGRATS ON THE APARTMENT!!!! Ohhh, how exciting!

Umm, I hate to point this out (because I hate it when I later find I’ve made a boo-boo), but you may want to take a look at the spelling of your title. Love you!
    Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted…Peanut Butter Pumpkin Banana Wrap

January 20, 2014 at 4:58 pm

I’d blame dyslexia but I’m not dyslexic….just not observant. and apparently no one else is either haha!

Note to self, don’t wash crayons.

Catering Recap - The Healthy Maven
    January 20, 2014 at 11:31 am

[…] weekend was certainly NOT one of those weekends. As I mentioned on Friday, I had my first catering gig on Saturday. Despite a few bumps in the road it went off relatively […]

Nicole @ Quest for Balance
    January 20, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Congratulations on the soon to be official move out! I’m so excited for this update. I hope you’ll still be living in the T dot. I love getting inside scoop for restaurants and things to do around the city from your posts.
    Nicole @ Quest for Balance recently posted…5 Tips for Keeping Fit on a Budget

January 20, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Still in Toronto just further downtown so even more restaurant recommendations coming! And I’d love if you joined me!

Lucie@FitSwissChick
    January 21, 2014 at 3:47 am

That song. I love it.
    And congrats on the new appartment!! SO exciting!! Can I come to the housewarming party? I will bring some Swiss Crack along, promised.
    Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted…Berlin, my Love

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs
    January 21, 2014 at 9:17 am

Congrats on the moving Davida! I hope you’re both very happy together!!

Orange Cranberry White Chocolate Bars - The Healthy Maven
    January 22, 2014 at 5:02 am

[…] where I ran into a problem, I didn’t have dried cherries nor did I have chocolate (except the good stuff which is too precious) making chocolate cherry pie balls somewhat difficult to […]

Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change
    January 22, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Congrats on moving on out! That apartment looks amazing!
    Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change recently posted…Thinking Out Loud / #1.