A quick and easy recipe for chickpea cookie dough truffles, ready in just 15 minutes! They’re raw, made from high-protein chickpeas and taste just like cookie dough. You won’t believe they’re made from beans!
Remember that time Selena from The Nutritious Kitchen posted those epic Coconut Cake Donuts with Raspberry Frosting? I certainly have not forgotten and it was due time I return the favour! I’m not so sure how well these compare to her donuts but I was pretty stoked when I managed to make cookie dough truffles out of chickpeas! I promise you will fool everyone with this healthy recipe!
- 19 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 T almond butter
- 2 T honey
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 T coconut flour
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (for rolling)
- In a food processor combine chickpeas, almond butter and honey. Mix for 1 minute.
- Add in almond milk. Mixture should be a thick liquid.
- Add in baking soda, coconut flour and nutritional yeast (if using) and process until mixture comes together to form a large ball.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll "dough" into approximately 24 balls.
- For truffles, roll balls in cocoa powder though this step is not necessary.
- Store truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!