dinner gluten-free seafood

Indian Coconut Pineapple Shrimp

February 2, 2014

I had a whole sassy post written for today.

Indian Coconut Pineapple ShrimpBut after a day of moving and two bottles of wine I decided I was drinking too much haterade (and clearly not enough wine…)

Indian Coconut Pineapple Shrimp 2So instead I’ll leave you with this deliciousness.

p.s. The recipe name is the WORST.

Indian Coconut Pineapple Shrimp

PREP TIME 15 mins
Cook Time 15 mins

• 1 T coconut oil
  • 3 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 4 scallions , chopped (white/light green parts and dark green divided)
  • 1 T curry powder
  • 1 T garam masala
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1 lb cooked shrimp (deveined and shells removed)
  • 1 cup light coconut milk
  • 2 cups veggies of choice (I used edamame and mushrooms)
  • 1 T fish sauce
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
  • 1/2 cup dry brown or black rice (cooked according to package instructions)

1. 1. Thaw shrimp in cold water.
  2. 2. Heat coconut oil over medium heat.
  3. 3. Add in garlic and white/light green scallions. Cook for 2-3 mins
  4. 4. Add in spices and cook for 1 more minute.
  5. 5. Add coconut milk, fish sauce, shrimp and veggies of choice.
  6. 6. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 5 mins.
  7. 7. Stir in basil, salt and pineapple.
  8. 8. Serve over brown (or black) rice.

I’m honestly so exhausted (and a little bit tipsy) I couldn’t come up with a question if I tried. So just tell me something interesting!

erin @ The Almond Eater
    February 2, 2014 at 7:18 am

Hhaha you funny. This looks DELICIOUS I love anything shrimp. I’m glad to hear the move went well! ….and by well I mean that you drank wine all night long. That’s a “well” kind of night to me!
    erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Edamame Makes Me Happy

Meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles
    February 2, 2014 at 7:19 am

Mazel Tov on the move!
    Meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Sometimes I Am A Pitbull

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    February 2, 2014 at 7:38 am

… but the name is really good for SEO! Haha. It says exactly what you’re giving us 🙂 Hope today brings you a little less stress and a lot of happiness. xo
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Prized Possessions [Spill It Sunday #9]

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    February 2, 2014 at 8:20 am

I think wine after a long moving day was totally appropriate, so enjoy the recovery!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Turkey Sausage, Kale and White Bean Soup

February 2, 2014 at 8:54 am

Hope you’re surviving the move! It’s such a pain-in-the-ass process. Can’t wait to see pictures!
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Weekly Eats and Workouts 02/02.

kathy @ vodka and soda
    February 2, 2014 at 9:20 am

did you get my text, bitch? is my room ready or what???

seriously though; glad the move went well!!
    kathy @ vodka and soda recently posted…selfies

PB&Jess
    February 2, 2014 at 11:30 am

Mmmmmm pineapples are my favorite. I don’t know why I don’t cook with them more!
    PB&Jess recently posted…PB Crave Pumpkin Oat Bars

Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair
    February 2, 2014 at 11:34 am

I hope your move-in day went well! Loved the picture you posted yesterday on your Instagram. This dish looks awesome. I love the combo of pineapple and shrimp.
    Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair recently posted…25-Minute Lower Body Workout {No Equipment}

February 3, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Thanks lady! One things settle down let’s grab a drink! Clearly two bottles of wine were not enough!

February 2, 2014 at 11:50 am

You’re so funny. I like that this is basically a post out of frustration/anger. Moving will do that to a person. Today (guessing this was written Saturday) is a whole new day. I just sent you a book of an e-mail that will hopefully brighten your day.
    Cassie recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday [2]: Long Runs & Sugar Detoxing

February 3, 2014 at 11:17 pm

It totally did. And Once I catch up on life I owe you an awesome response! p.s. already planning yours and ben’s wedding.

February 2, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Saw your so cute I died a little picture on Insta last night. Glad you’re in the apartment, and hope you got all your stuff out of your parents house in time! 😉 Haha love you, can’t wait to see the apartment in real life. That’s totally going to happen at some point.
    Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…Recipe Re-do: Authentic Greek Moussaka

February 3, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Responding to each other’s comments at the same time! It’s almost like we’re hanging out….LOL.

I miss you. Can’t wait to show you around the place via skype once we actually have furniture!

Amanda
    February 2, 2014 at 12:31 pm

I waxed my upper lip and big toes today. Is that interesting enough?

Christine@ Apple of My Eye
    February 2, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Looks delicious! I love the combination of sweet and salty (and tropical mhmm…..), so this looks right up my alley! Thanks for sharing 😀
    Christine@ Apple of My Eye recently posted…Currently Crushing On: January Edition

Mary Frances
    February 2, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Shrimp is one of my most favorite sea food dishes! It is cheap, easy to prepare, and SO good. This coconut and pineapple version has my taste buds intrigued! 🙂
    Mary Frances recently posted…Sprinkles and MnM Cookies

February 3, 2014 at 11:21 pm

Thanks to frozen shrimp and edamame this dish was cheaper than I expected which was a total win!

Kim @ BusyBod
    February 2, 2014 at 2:43 pm

But… but… I want to read the sassy haterade post!! Glad the move was successful, this looks delicious, I may have to try it (sans shrimp of course, a crime I know). I have nothing interesting to share, instead I implore you to sleep!
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…Teaching makes dinner complicated {weekly plan}

February 3, 2014 at 11:23 pm

I slept 12 hours that night. Woke up and realized I wrote this post tipsy (and then some…). Not my proudest moment but it’s live now!

February 2, 2014 at 3:13 pm

wow, for someone in such a state…impressive. The recipe looks amazing and I can forgive that name……I forget how well pineapple and protein work together!

Nice to see you’re not a rice racist.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Spill it, Sundays #10- Possessions

February 3, 2014 at 11:25 pm

hahahahahahahahahahaha. Black or white I love my rice.

And I wasn’t kidding when I said I was hungover!

Cailee @ http://hellohealthyeating.com
    February 2, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Oh wow!! This looks amazing!! I love love LOVE Indian food!! It’s just so spicy and delicious!! Congrats on the success of the move!! Hope that you have a great week 🙂
    Cailee @ http://hellohealthyeating.com recently posted…Super Bowl Sunday!!

February 2, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Yum – looks good!! I hope the move went well!! Wine is a great way to celebrate (or finish) moving!!!
    Kim recently posted…My Version of Super Sunday!!!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl
    February 2, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Hope you had an ok weekend girl! This dish looks great, I’ll say yes to anything with pineapple and shrimp in it!
    Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl recently posted…Dandelion Tea Donuts With Chocolate Frosting (Dairy Free Option)

Shashi @ RunninSrilankan
    February 2, 2014 at 6:05 pm

So yum! I love all Indian foods – live this shrimp with garam masala and cumin and pineapple – brilliant combo!
    Congrats on the move!
    Shashi @ RunninSrilankan recently posted…Eats, Eats, Eats & Snow Jam!

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    February 2, 2014 at 6:15 pm

You should write posts when you’re tispy more often, as should I! Coming up with recipe names is the worst task. Mine are usually like 100 words too long, like this comment. Congrats on the new place girly!!
    Alexis @ Hummusapien recently posted…Cheesy Buffalo Quinoa Bites

February 3, 2014 at 11:27 pm

I wish I could say I was tipsy but I’m 90% certain I was worse than that…thankfully I didn’t post the sassy post. Yikes.

Nikki @ Quest for Balance
    February 2, 2014 at 7:15 pm

1. This recipe looks delicious.
    2. I love that even though you deleted your whole post, even that act in itself still managed to make me laugh. Your daily posts always have me laughing out loud and I love it so thank you. I had to stop reading them while in the office because my disgusting sounding muffled laugh was distracting my co-workers.
    3. I hope your move went well! Moving is the most stressful event ever. They have it ranked up their with divorces. Just saying. You better post some pictures soon!
    Nikki @ Quest for Balance recently posted…Weekly Workouts: January 20 – January 27

February 2, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Oh gosh, I remember the last time I moved… looking forward to wine at the end of the day was pretty much the only thing that kept me going. 😛

Hope you’re settling in nicely!
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…5 ways to add protein to your oatmeal

Jessie
    February 2, 2014 at 7:31 pm

As delicious as this recipe looks – I’m focused on the fact that you’ve been drinking wine. Ha Ha! Since alcohol is illegal here in Kuwait (I know I know, WTF) – please have a glass for me. Just pretend I’m sitting there w/ ya.
    Jessie recently posted…Volcanic Activity

Becky @ Olives n Wine
    February 2, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Bahahaha – I want that haterade post! 😉 Enjoy your Sunday night and if you’re eating anything remotely close to this Indian dish, I am extremely jealous of your dinner.
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…Wisco Weekend

Luv What You Do
    February 2, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Yum! This looks SO GOOD! We love Indian food in our house!
    Luv What You Do recently posted…Oh Man!

Brittany
    February 2, 2014 at 10:15 pm

HAHA I love the tipsy post, and I think the name of this recipe is just fine!! You could call is “pile of dog shit” and I’d still want to eat it..because it looks THAT good. Well except I’d pick off the shrimp..haha.

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    February 3, 2014 at 1:58 am

Pineapple + Indian flavors = MY FAVORITE THING EVERRRRRRRR! Love it!

And after a long day of moving, I’d think you were crazy NOT to be a little tipsy! Ha! Love you girlie!
    Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted…Januar-ily

February 3, 2014 at 11:30 pm

THANK YOU!!!! I may have been more than tipsy though lol. But I appreciate the support! Love ya xo

Selena @ thenutritiouskitchen.com
    February 3, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Pineapple and shrimp?! PERFECT combo! Love this post and your honesty haha and for the record the title is very intriguing, not terrible at all! This is so getting pinned and becoming a weeknight dinn 🙂
    Selena @ thenutritiouskitchen.com recently posted…Dark Chocolate Avocado Cookies

Britt@MyOwnBalance
    February 3, 2014 at 10:30 pm

How is your new place!?

I love everything in this recipe! It contains pretty much all of my favorite things!
    Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Sydney!

February 3, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Well kind of empty right now with the exception of the air mattress we are sleeping on! I’ll keep you posted!

February 5, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Exhausted and a little bit tipsy. Hmm, I’d say the move was a success!

Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A.
    February 7, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Oooo I want to know what the sassy post was going to be about 😉 And this recipe looks fab too btw, despite your distaste for the name.
    Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A. recently posted…Coconutty Maple Fuel Bars

Lexi's Clean Kitchen – Healthy Food Friday: Pineapple {How To Cut and Pick A Pineapple}
    June 27, 2014 at 9:49 am