breakfast gluten-free oatmeal/granola vegan

Mocha Overnight Oats

February 25, 2014

First off, THM wants to say thank you for all of your wonderful birthday wishes! Yes, I consider my blog it’s own entity. No, I’m not ashamed of this. But fo realz you guys are awesome. I may or may not have cried.

Back to today’s recipe. We’re talking oats. I’m fairly certain the last time we talked oats I was complaining of sweltering weather and training for a half-marathon. Those days are loooooong gone, but fortunately the oatmeal is still kicking. I took a little hiatus from my morning oats after the copious amounts of granola I made sucked me in (for the record granola is now officially banned since I cannot control myself), but I’m back on the warm oatmeal train and I’m feeling gooooood.

mocha overnight oatsYou know what else makes me feel good? Coffee. My introduction to coffee was so cliche…Starbucks. A grande sugar-free hazelnut soy cafe misto to be exact. Otherwise known as, my life’s savings. But then I decided to become a psych major in my third year which entailed 14 psych courses in 2 years and the harder stuff was required. By harder I’m talking grande bold black. Don’t worry people, I only get high on life.

mocha overnight oats 2Deep into my coffee addiction I came across the anti-coffee camp and I had a freak out that I was single-handedly destroying my health. Naturally, my obsessive self took to tea and began building what might be considered the world’s largest tea collection (50+ teas). I love tea and I always will but I’ve recently discovered that I am actually a better person after coffee. I’m nicer, more patient, increasingly productive and just plain happier.

So just like my oats, coffee is back. I figured I may as well combine the two in this Mocha Overnight Oats recipe.

Mocha Overnight Oats

PREP TIME 5 mins

• 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 ripe banana, sliced and chopped
  • 1 tsp honey/maple syrup/ agave/other sweetener (or omit if you don't like too sweet)
  • 1/2 cup brewed coffee

1. 1. Brew coffee using preferred method.
  2. 2. Add oats, cocoa powder, and chia seeds to a medium mason jar or air-tight container.
  3. 3. Add in bananas, honey and coffee.
  4. 4. Cover and shake until well combined.
  5. 5. Place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours.
  6. 6. Eat cold or heat up in the microwave for 1 minute.

February 25, 2014 at 5:06 am

I LOVED making my oats with coffee as the liquid but often used decaf so I could have full strength with it. Since starting work, my coffee consumption has gone CRAZY and as such, my tolerance is becoming redundant!

Can I just give a Hail Mary (or a mazel tov) to your photography. Amazing.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Blogging Politics- Copycat Blogging

Jessie
    February 25, 2014 at 5:11 am

I believe i remember you saying just the other week how you hadn’t conquered the dripping syrup yet for your pancakes – well I’d say pouring coffee and taking a photo is the exact same! Looks delicious, Davida!
    Jessie recently posted…Quinoa, Quinoa, Quinoa

Jess @dearhealthyness
    February 25, 2014 at 6:16 am

I go through breakfast phases. My current obsession is oatmeal smoothies!! Precisely Chocolate Oatmeal Smoothies! Oh I’m a fan. What I’m not a fan is coffee. It doesn’t wake me up, I can live without it and I’m totally fine with it. However, I know way too many people that can’t live without it. I still don’t get it, jum I guess I’ll stick to chocolate 😉
    Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted…Tabata Arms Workout and Instagram

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles
    February 25, 2014 at 6:23 am

Coffee. No question. Sometimes I want tea but it is no substitute in any way…I used to eat the exact same English muffin with peanut butter for breakfast every single morning for easily 7 years straight. Now I rotate a bit more between oatmeal varieties (hot, cold) and I change up the mix-ins but my breakfast must always contain peanut butter.
    meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Three Tip Tuesday – Cait The Arty Runner Chick!

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness
    February 25, 2014 at 6:30 am

OH so I can have my morning cup ‘o coffee and my oats TOGETHER?! Genius!
    P.s Who am I kidding…more that morning 6 billion cups ‘o coffee.
    Love this breakfast idea! And that orange pot thing!!
    Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness recently posted…Chicken Zoodle Soup {Gluten Free, Low calorie, Low Fat + High Protein}

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    February 25, 2014 at 7:16 am

I’m actually not the biggest fan of either tea or coffee, but I still like tea a lot better. I could use this recipe as inspiration for some sort of tea-based overnight oats 😀
    Overnight oats are my favorite, so I’m always in that phase, but I also go through yogurt bowl phases where I’ll have one every other day.
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…That Time I Forgot to Bring My Shoes to the Gym

Madison
    February 25, 2014 at 7:19 am

Turbo-charged Oats TO the Rescue!!! 🙂
    Madison recently posted…Ask Me Anything: A Call to Action

Jen @ SavedbytheKale
    February 25, 2014 at 7:21 am

Coffee, Coffee, Coffee! I love tea but life is just blah without coffee. I’ve tried giving it up, but it’s just better for everyone if I just have it 🙂
    Jen @ SavedbytheKale recently posted…Banana Date Smoothie

erin @ The Almond Eater
    February 25, 2014 at 7:30 am

MMM girl I love me some mocha. I’m definitely way more of a coffee person–my actual first coffee was the Java Chip from Starbucks–does that even count? It’s mostly just chocolate. Anyway, I only drink one cup of coffee per day but I’m trying to drink one cup of tea also since tea is good for you. Trying is the key word.
    erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…No-Bake Butterscotch Coconut Balls

February 26, 2014 at 8:13 pm

omg I totally forgot about the java chip frap!!!! That was definitely my intro to starbucks actually although you can barely taste the coffee at all!

Brittany
    February 25, 2014 at 7:55 am

Before I jump (somewhat) off topic, I will say I love my tea, but coffee wins hands down. I see nothing wrong with a small cup everyday!! I may work at Starbucks (and yes, totally cliche haha, in fact while in Portland exploring coffee shops I didn’t dare tell anyone where I worked. I surely would have been laughed at.) but I don’t drink that much coffee!! I limit myself because it’s easy to overdo it. I USUALLY keep it between 8-12 oz a day, but sometimes I have a little more. ALWAYS black coffee though. ANYWAY this recipe looks great, and your photos are even greater. Yeah, that was a terrible sentence but you get it.

NOW I feel the need to share this because of the french press in your photos..I had the same one..and by had I mean I literally (10 minutes ago) JUST BROKE MINE!!! I went to make my coffee this morning and I hit the glass with another piece of glass and boom..shatter. Right as my water kettle started to steam…so I figured out how to get my coffee through a makeshift way…I’m sort of proud actually. ANd now I must buy a new press!
    Brittany recently posted…Heart Breaker Half…errr…10K

February 26, 2014 at 8:15 pm

omg I am legit devastated for you!!! And to have to deal with a broken french press BEFORE having coffee is even worse! I hope it all worked out!

p.s I am totally impressed with your coffee self-restraint

Juli @1000lovelythings
    February 25, 2014 at 8:05 am

I am a coffee person. I just don’t function properly decaf! Everytime I try to go off coffee I am just plain miserable. So I gave up on the whole thing and accepted that there is no life without the delicious comforting liquid!
    I go through crazy breakfast phases. My longest was oatmeal so far (approx. 7 month) then came Green Smoothies, Yoghurt Bowls, Banana Egg Bakes and now I am desperately deep stuck in a Smoothie phase for which I blame Amanda.
    This recipe sounds and looks very intriguing and I’ll definitely give it a try as soon as I can get away from the Smoothies!
    By the way I am so in love with your pretty pictures!
    Juli @1000lovelythings recently posted…New Body Makeover Challenge – Week 7

February 26, 2014 at 8:17 pm

was it her oatmeal smoothie that did it?!?! Because it looks amazing and if it weren’t so cold here I would totally make it!

Juli @ 1000lovelythings
        February 27, 2014 at 12:05 am

Yes the oatmeal smoothie. I drink it almost every day 😀 It’s way too addicting! Make it soon! But prepare mentally for never liking other smoothier ever again 😉
        Juli @ 1000lovelythings recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #7

Mayra
          February 28, 2014 at 8:38 am

Excuse me here 🙂
          I blame Amanda for my obsession with smoothies as well. I had been having oatmeal as breakfast for like 6 months, and the she came up with the Thick and Creamy Chocolate smoothie. They are rocking my mornings now. And afternoon snacks. And sometimes after dinner.

kaitlin @4loveofcarrots
    February 25, 2014 at 8:16 am

oh woah! things just got serious in the overnight oats world!! I cannot wait to make these, I am a coffee addict and love me some overnight oats!
    kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted…Dinner at Craft 260

Sarah Pie
    February 25, 2014 at 8:24 am

I should probably consider banning granola since I just ate a whole batch in 2 days…. but it’s soooo good! I’m sending this link on to my coffee obsessed friend who I know will appreciate it (and I’ll just sit here pining for your tea collection) 🙂
    Sarah Pie recently posted…WIR #41: The Great Spring Cleanout

February 26, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Thanks Sarah!!! Hope she enjoys. And I just replaced granola with chocolate chip cookies. Bad idea…

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    February 25, 2014 at 8:26 am

You know what a huge coffee and oat fan I am, so I obviously love this!! I’ve actually thought about trying it, but never have. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted…Amp Up Your Workout With Music

Erin S
    February 25, 2014 at 8:30 am

I also try to avoid granola in my house because I devour it at an unnatural rate! So nice to find another granola monster 🙂 This oatmeal looks fantastic. My fiance lives for coffee and I’ve recently got him eating oatmeal in the morning (yay). This recipe will definitely make him one happy man! Thanks for another great one!
    Erin S recently posted…Minimal Ingredient Mondays: Beet & Gogi Berry Smoothie and Seeded Maca Milk

February 26, 2014 at 9:29 pm

The day I convince my man to eat oatmeal for breakfast is when I know I’ve made it lol! He might succumb to it now that I’ve banned granola…

Sarah @ the brain and body
    February 25, 2014 at 8:31 am

Ironic, I talked about cooking with tea in my post today too 🙂 my breakfasts definitely come in phases hut I haven’t had an oats one in a long time I miss them, I think I should start back up with the recipe because it looks incredible!

February 26, 2014 at 9:30 pm

I love cooking with tea too! Try making oats with teavana’s creme brulee tea. It’s unreal!

Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food
    February 25, 2014 at 8:32 am

I am definitely a better person after coffee. Any of my co-workers can attest to that, haha. I need it so much that I have an espresso maker at home and a coffee pot in my office. I’ve tried the tea thing and I just can’t replace my coffee! That said, these overnight oats look exactly like something I need in my life. I never thought to use coffee in overnight oats, but I love it!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food recently posted…300 rep abs workout

February 25, 2014 at 8:43 am

I’m definitely a tea person over coffee, but I think I could do these oats. I don’t coffee as in to drink, but I like things flavoured with coffee (read: coffee ice cream). So…yup. I could do this.
    And definitely on the breakfast phases. Lately, it’s been either protein pancakes or oatmeal with eggs. Now I just need to decide which one I’m going to have today….
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…A ‘Mystery Date’ at Crave.

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat
    February 25, 2014 at 8:46 am

LOVE! This will definitely be happening in my kitchen asap, especially since I have all the ingredients at home right now. Yay!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…{Guest Post} Fitness and Lifestyle Trends of 2014

Katie @ 24 Carrot Life
    February 25, 2014 at 9:10 am

Ok why can’t I be funny and witty like you in my posts?! Teach me your ways! I am making this oatmeal for tomorrow. Can’t wait.
    Katie @ 24 Carrot Life recently posted…Broccoli Rabe, Sausage, and Goat Cheese Polenta Bowl

February 26, 2014 at 9:33 pm

I’m impressed you think I’m witty! When we meet IRL (we will!) you’ll be surprised by how unwitty I am…mostly just a total loser. Ask Lora 😉

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    February 25, 2014 at 9:17 am

My day doesn’t begin truly until I have my coffee (with coconut milk, of course). Obviously mocha is one of the best flavors in the universe ever created ever, so undoubtedly these oats are amazing. I would probably add almond milk to this because I like my OOs a little creamier. And now that I look back at what I just typed, it looks like I’m sending you dirty comments about boobies. I’m not, I swear.
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Vegetarian Stuffed Cabbage

February 25, 2014 at 9:52 am

Oh be still my heart! Oats and coffee… awe, bliss! My two favorite things…. well, after peanut butter. 🙂
    Cassie recently posted…fit tip Tuesday

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    February 25, 2014 at 10:05 am

Coffee IN oats…..I’m obsessed. Would it be weird if I ate this alongside a cup of joe? I think not.
    Alexis @ Hummusapien recently posted…Life Lessons: On Counting Ingredients, Not Calories

February 26, 2014 at 9:38 pm

I totally did…next year at christmastime I’m getting Tjs gingerbread coffee and making this again. Stupid TJs in Minneapolis was all out…not cool.

p.s. any current TJ favourites? Going to NYC in 2 weeks and wanna stock up.

PB&Jess
    February 25, 2014 at 10:11 am

WHY HAVE I NEVER USED COFFEE FOR OVERNIGHT OATS??
    PB&Jess recently posted…Thinking Out Loud :: Almost My Birthday

Nicole @ FruitnFitness
    February 25, 2014 at 10:21 am

This sounds so good! I love coffee and oats so I’m sure the two together are good! I would never have thought to make oats with coffee yet I love my oatmeal coffee banana cookies.
    Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted…MIMM- Busy weekend fun

Em @ Love A Latte
    February 25, 2014 at 10:50 am

Oh wow this recipe looks so fun!! I’m not drinking coffee right now so I kind of wonder if I can substitute the coffee with almond milk…sounds delicious! Look so pretty in the mason jar too!

February 26, 2014 at 9:42 pm

definitely! Just won’t have the coffee flavour. Are you drinking tea right now? I love overnight oats with tea! You can use decaf or rooibos!

kathy @ vodka and soda
    February 25, 2014 at 11:00 am

Davs, i eat overnight oats all the time but NOTHING like this. OMFG this looks SO GOOD i’m definitely going to try this for sure. GET IN MY BELLY!
    kathy @ vodka and soda recently posted…i’m baaa-aaack!

February 25, 2014 at 11:02 am

I’m never this quick to respond to people, but can I just say I’m happy I made a recipe that you’ll actually make? I feel like I just won at life!

February 25, 2014 at 11:08 am

Coffee AND tea — don’t make me choose. But only if we’re talking Hot Cinnamon Spice tea from Harney and Sons — the rest I could do without and would be in the coffee camp all the way. And yes for phases! There was a cereal phase, a Poptart phase, a can of Coke phase, and now an oatmeal phase. That last one has been spanning a couple of years, though 😆
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. applesauce oatmeal muffins .

Tara | Treble in the Kitchen
    February 25, 2014 at 11:27 am

What pretty pictures!!! AND the recipe sounds amazing!
    Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted…Whole 30 Recipe Roundup

Consuelo - Honey & Figs
    February 25, 2014 at 11:34 am

We are like soulmantes, I swear.
    a) I just went back to my oatmeal phase after months of not having eaten them.
    b) I’m eating mocha oatmeal as I type this ((doesn’t lok as delish as yours but))
    c) I became super obsessed with coffee like a year ago, then cut down and totally banished from my diet because I thought I was too bad for me AND it’s only been three days since I started drinking it again.

Totally twins, you see.
    Ahhhh girl, this looks amazing. Send a container full of this asap.
    Consuelo – Honey & Figs recently posted…Clean Eating Strawberry Cheesecake Bars

February 26, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Sistas from another mista!!!

That’s totally crazy that you were eating mocha email while reading this. We are totally twinning!

February 25, 2014 at 11:58 am

I don’t eat oatmeal much but this recipe looks tasty!!
    And, I don’t actually drink coffee or tea – just water and, of course, my evening wine!
    Kim recently posted…Time to Make a Few Changes

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com
    February 25, 2014 at 12:06 pm

OOOH – I haven’t tried adding coffee sans milk to oats before …. Davida – thanks for the idea! I have been on a major coffee kick since I was 12 – yes, my addiction started early! Thanks for this idea lady – now I am off to go throw coffee on those anti coffee campers!!! The Nerve!!!
    🙂
    Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted…R U A Coffee Fool? …A review post…

GiGi Eats Celebrities
    February 25, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Is dat a tiny orange pot?! Or are my eyes playing little tricks on me! I love da pot! OMG I really just said that!
    GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted…Academy Award Winning Appetizers

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance
    February 25, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Coffee definitely! Would it be wrong to have this with a cup of coffee??
    FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Sweaty Saturday

Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds
    February 25, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Can I substitute the coffee for espresso? And since we’re subbing your recipe, can I sub my having to make it for you just living in my kitchen? I think I have a futon somewhere. Think about it.
    Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds recently posted…You had ONE job!!!

Lucie@FitSwissChick
    February 25, 2014 at 2:17 pm

I don’t like coffee, but I would totally buy that CUTE orange pan from you!! OMG!! I LOVE it! And I take the oat recipe minus the coffee – I migth just sub it with whiskey or prosecco or so….
    Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted…MIMM – the highlights of Spain

Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner
    February 25, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Haha, I ban food that I don’t have self control on either. I love how you turned this oat dish into a mocha delight. 🙂

Kim @ BusyBod
    February 25, 2014 at 5:31 pm

I’m definitely a tea person, but I used to be neither. I’m not anti-coffee or anything, I just think it’s gross. I wish I liked it, black coffee is supposed to be amazing. John on the other hand loves his coffee AND his oatmeal so I might bully him into making this and/or make it for him. 🙂
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…Back to basics: Smoothies

February 25, 2014 at 6:31 pm

I’m all coffee, all the way baby, although I have been trying to incorporate a little tea into my routine. Breakfasts during the work week are usually fruit #publicbanana, smoothies, or granola with yogurt. On weekends I get a little bit more elaborate and go with eggs, potatoes, toast and on a rare occasion french toast or pancakes. This past weekend was a rare occasion, and I had French toast on Saturday and Sunday.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Linkilicious

February 26, 2014 at 9:54 pm

I want to move into your house on the weekends. We can make french toast together and drink Mimosas. I like you 🙂

February 27, 2014 at 10:33 am

I’ve got a semi creepy spare bedroom with a wall to wall mural of Alice in Wonderland. You are more than welcome to camp out there.

February 25, 2014 at 6:50 pm

I love coffee, but it doesn’t really love me (unless it’s decaf) – it gives me a headache and leaves me feeling not my best. So I alternate between drinking decaf coffee and orange pekoe tea in the mornings with herbal tea throughout the rest of the day.

I adore mocha flavoured foods/drinks though – this recipe looks amazing!
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…Pancakes, hockey, and brunch at Stoney’s

Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers
    February 25, 2014 at 8:03 pm

I’m not normally an overnight oats fan, but perhaps that’s because I’ve never tried them with chocolate???
    Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted…Boxes-O-Fun

Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate
    February 25, 2014 at 8:44 pm

YUM! I cannot wait to make this!! Just pinned it 🙂
    Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…My First Wildtree Experience

Amanda
    February 25, 2014 at 8:45 pm

I like a good Coke Zero when I get up in the AM. I don’t think that would be a good oatmeal flavor. :/

Kierston
    February 25, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Yes please and thank you. Love the look of these overnight oats. I also love that little pot of yours!
    Kierston recently posted…Our Knead [need] To Enjoy The Journey…

Kim @ Racing Bananas
    February 25, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Yum! Coffee + overnight oats = amazing!
    Kim @ Racing Bananas recently posted…Morning Workout Thoughts

Melanie @ Happy Being Healthy
    February 26, 2014 at 12:37 am

Happy belated birthday! I’m not a coffee drinker, but your overnight oats look wonderful!!!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats
    February 26, 2014 at 4:23 am

Tea drinker all the way! Years ago when I was a coffee addict I would have loved this recipe but now I would love them as chocolate oats only minus the coffee << Total fusspot right here.

I am in friggin love with the adorable serving dish you used to put it in, too cute 🙂

February 26, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Aw thanks Jan!!! I feel like I read an email from you in my sleep last night…I need to check my phone!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table
    February 26, 2014 at 9:02 am

I make this in hotel rooms all the time! It’s a hack version, using chocolate protein powder that I bring… I need to to try your gourmet one at home. It looks amazing!
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…Waffle Tacos + WIAW

Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change
    February 26, 2014 at 9:35 am

Mostly tea…something about coffee that does like my system, which makes me very sad! For some odd reason, I want to be the kind of person that wakes up and drinks her cup of coffee. Weird goal, I know. And phases happen all the time with my eating, and even with our meal plan. I think phases make grocery shopping easier.
    Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change recently posted…Just Trying To Catch Up.

February 26, 2014 at 10:00 pm

definitely!! Although everytime I do a big grocery shop I end up craving totally different food halfway through the week…Get into more of a food rut is my goal lol

Mary Frances
    February 26, 2014 at 1:46 pm

I am gone for one weekend (JUST ONE!) and I come back to your blog and you’ve posted all this incredible posts! Davida, don’t throw so much amazingness at me at once, okay? 😉 I love overnight oats and I love coffee – duh, this is so perfect! Cannot wait to try, I have a feeling this will become a staple in my breakfast rotation!
    Mary Frances recently posted…Vegan Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

February 26, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Would you believe that I have never made overnight oats? I think that every healthy living blogger out there besides me has haha. I eat oatmeal here and there but don’t really get the overall obsession with it! In any event, this looks pretty!

Tea all the way! Coffee makes me a nut. I’m really sensitive to caffeine and when I drink coffee my body feels like it’s buzzing (not in a good way!) and I get a headache. Oh, and I get absolutely no energy from it… hence why I like tea!
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…Cocogo Brand Ambassador

February 26, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Alright lady, we gotta change this!! And make overnight oats with tea! I usually steep mine for at least 20 mins and it’s so awesome. Try it with Teavana’s creme brûlée, so yum!

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    February 26, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Oh heck yes! This is an amazing idea! I’m all over it!
    Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted…Do Your Part, Then Let Go

February 26, 2014 at 10:26 pm

I WENT THROUGH AN ANTI-COFFEE PHASE. Surprisingly, during my senior year of college until nearly two years later. Then I was hanging out with this boy and would be up until like 2 every night (totally PG we would sit talking in our cars for hours after our friends left whatever we were doing) and started drinking iced coffee at work everyday. Mainly because my work used to have the best iced coffee. I also go through breakfast phases. Right now it’s in this weird yogurt-pumpkin muffin-oatmeal mixeroo stage.

Oh, a secret – Target brand coffee (archer farms) is seriously the. best. coffee (outside of Hawaii, that is).
    Cassie recently posted…How to Have a Successful Long Run

February 26, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Kona coffee is bombbbb! My fam went to costco when we were there to buy like 20 packs of kona coffee and have them vacuum sealed. Oh and get 50 bags of macadamia nut hersheys

Aimee / WallflowerGirl.co.uk
    February 27, 2014 at 7:25 am

Coffee or tea? Well, neither for me… BUT I love the idea of this recipe – sounds super healthy and looks divine!
    Aimee / WallflowerGirl.co.uk recently posted…Cinnamon Chai Fruit Cake {Gluten-free, Dairy-free}

Heather @Gluten-Free Cat
    February 27, 2014 at 8:33 am

This sounds ridiculously delicious! I’ve been caffeine free for two months now, so I won’t be trying this any time soon. But I love the idea! Maybe I’ll make it with my dandy tea. 🙂
    Heather @Gluten-Free Cat recently posted…Raw Foods Thursdays: 2/27/14

Gabby @ the veggie nook
    February 27, 2014 at 6:44 pm

I used to be in the anti-coffee camp, and sometimes, I still find myself there. I just HATE the idea of being addicted to it! But oh how I love the taste!

This sounds delicious. I would definite;y have to warm it up in the morning with the weather we’ve been having!
    Gabby @ the veggie nook recently posted…building up to the big one: raw apple sauce

Best of February 2014 - The Healthy Maven
    February 28, 2014 at 5:46 am

[…] Bean Lava Cakes (gf, v) 2. Mocha Overnight Oats (gf, v) 3. Sweet Potato Rice Pudding (gf) 4. Coconut Oatmeal Lace Cookies (gf, v) 5. Banana […]

Deborah Davis
    March 2, 2014 at 7:37 pm

I feel like I have hit the trifecta! All three of my fave flavors in one easy creamy, delicious dish! Now I have another great reason to look forward to breakfast! I am so glad I found your mocha overnight oats recipe and your wonderful blog via Healthy Vegan Fridays! I look forward to experiencing much more! I’m subscribing, following and sharing too! All the best, Deborah
    Deborah Davis recently posted…Share the Food & Fun at the Plant Based Potluck Party Link Up!

March 12, 2014 at 6:52 pm

You are so sweet Deborah!!! I love how HVF and how it connects me to so many new bloggers! Looking forward to checking out your blog 🙂

Luv What You Do
    March 2, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Yum! I love mocha flavor but we don’t drink coffee so dont’ have a coffee maker or any coffee in our house : ) So random!
    Luv What You Do recently posted…Saturday Shenanigans and Crockpot Thai

Smoothie Takeover | Pb & Jess
    March 4, 2014 at 1:14 pm

[…] Davida’s Mocha Overnight Oats […]

Healthy Vegan Friday #8 |
    March 7, 2014 at 9:01 am

[…] Mocha Overnight Oats from the Healthy Maven: […]

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    March 7, 2014 at 4:24 pm

While it wasn’t my FIRST introduction to coffee, I can say that my first trip to Starbucks (to get my teacher a coffee, mind you) was a day I will never forget…the first time I ever laid tastebuds on the infamous Pumpkin Spice Latte! Aforementioned teacher gave me money to get “a little something for myself”…what she didn’t realize was that she was basically to blame for the $3965826735 dollars spent on the raging sugar/caffeine addiction that was my college years! Eventually, I did a stent in rehab and thankfully I’ve been Star-take-my-bucks free for years now. Which is better since I can now spend that money on FOOD! 😉

Have I ever gone through a breakfast phase? Ha! I go through everything in phases! I went through a HUGE tea phase for about a year…now, not so much. Please, tell me what I’m supposed to do with the like, 20 boxes I have in my pantry! PuhLEEEEEASE!
    Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted…VEGAN Beautifying Beet Smoothie

March 12, 2014 at 6:51 pm

hhahahahaha I LOVE this story.

I’m taking tea donations if interested…

rika@vm
    March 9, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Happy Belated Birthday, Davida, I hope you celebrated it with a great smile and wishing you a lovely year full of bliss and yummy foods! Just got back from my weeklong trip in Lima! I’ve been addicted to quinoa oatmeal lately – it was so yummy, plus gluten-free! I’m currently testing a savory overnight oats for another food blogger’s cookbook and I can’t wait to give it a try! I like my mocha frapp from Starbucks – yum for brewed coffee! Doni loves brewing cold coffee! I’m a tea person, Doni’s a coffee person, hehe!

rika@vm
      March 9, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Stunning mocha overnight oats…I want to eat some of it now for breakfast – lol, it’s only 11am here!

Things I’m Loving {My Week in Photos + Recipes} | My Blog
    March 22, 2014 at 5:28 pm

[…] Blahnik Baker!  I am in awe of how creative they are!   2. I cannot wait to try these Mocha Overnight Oats from The Healthy Maven!   3. Strawberry Coconut Tart from Living the Gourmet.  I cannot think of a brighter […]

10 Oatmeal Creations Worth Waking Up For | The Professionals in Carpet Cleaning

[…] 9. Mocha Overnight Oats via The Healthy Maven […]

10 Oatmeal Creations Worth Waking Up For | Social Media Trending Tides
    October 8, 2014 at 11:16 pm

[…] 9. Mocha Overnight Oats via The Healthy Maven […]

Tara
    February 5, 2015 at 9:13 am

This looks delicious! I was wondering if you need to use fresh hot coffee or is it ok if the coffee has cooled down from earlier in the day?

Delicious Coffee Recipes For All Coffee Lovers | WORLD Warotter
    May 16, 2015 at 12:25 pm

[…] 16. Mocha Overnight Oats […]

Sherwood
    October 15, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Had this for the first time today. I’m not really a coffee fan despite drinking it pretty much every morning. I’m more a fan of not crashing and dying on the drive to work. 🙂 So I was dubious going into this, and I admit the first few bites were classified as “ew.” It grew on me, though, but I wouldn’t necessarily say I like this. The banana definitely helped (not big on those either, to be honest). But if coffee’s something you like the taste of, these surely make a great breakfast! Thanks for the recipe! Always happy to try something different.

Emily
    July 14, 2016 at 5:54 pm

I don’t have a coffee maker at home…only my Keurig in my office at work. Would this work to make the night before without the coffee and then add the coffee and microwave in the morning? Or does it really need that full 6 hours to seep up the coffee overnight?

July 15, 2016 at 8:43 am

I would recommend the coffee to steep overnight as that’s the liquid that the oats absorb. Are you able to bring a to-go cup home???

Emily Sallay
        July 15, 2016 at 9:41 am

I probably could…maybe a few so I can make a few cups at once. 🙂 Just thought I’d ask. Thanks for the quick reply!

Sharon
    August 24, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Just wanted to know if the coffee has to be warm or cold for the mocha overnight oats.