gluten-free nut and seed butters paleo vegan

Almond Joy Butter

March 4, 2014

Get the taste of your favourite chocolate bar without any added sugar in this Almond Joy Nut Butter! Perfect for spreading on toast, oatmeal or your favorite smoothie!

It’s official, I have eaten chocolate with breakfast for 9 days in a row. I’m also very much back on the oatmeal train, cycling through my mocha overnight oats, cookie dough oats and almond joy oats like it’s my job. I wish it were my job…

The third one is responsible for the stroke of genius that is this almond butter. Almond butter is far superior to all its butter cousins when it comes to mixing into oats. I know this for a fact.

almond joy butterI’m fairly certain I ate oats with my Almond Coconut Butter for a year straight before deciding that other breakfast options might be acceptable. I was so obsessed that this almond butter was the first recipe I ever posted on the blog. It’s kind of a shame though that I did since I literally cringe when I look at the pictures. They do not do justice to the deliciousness that is this recipe. BTW, I’ve decided that subbing out the cashews makes no difference so I just don’t use them anymore.

almond joy butter 2But these days it’s been all about chocolate + almond butter. Typically I’ve been mixing almond butter and chocolate chips into my oats each morning, but thanks to an excessive amount of food and a limited amount of shelf space, I have to take out a stool and use some impressive acrobatic skills to get to the chocolate chips.

A normal person would just find a more accessible place for the chocolate chips, but I think we have established by now that I am not normal. So instead I nipped it in the bud and just threw some cocoa powder into some almond butter…with coconut. I swear the time I save from reaching, climbing, pouring and stirring those chocolate chips into my oats has been life changing. I consider this Almond Joy Butter the ultimate life hack.

Almond Joy Butter

PREP TIME 11 mins
Cook Time 10 mins

• 2 cups almonds
  • 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Spread out almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 11 mins (watch closely so they don't burn).
  3. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
  4. Add almonds and coconut to a food processor and begin processing, scraping the sides down as needed.
  5. Once almonds become creamy, add in cocoa powder, vanilla and sea salt.
  6. Continue processing until mixture becomes smooth and creamy. Total process can take anywhere from 5-10 mins depending on your food processor.
  7. Store in a sealable jar in the cupboard for up to 1 month or longer in the fridge

almond joy butter 4

March 4, 2014 at 5:28 am

Your sarcasm is one of your most endearing qualities.

Chocolate for breakfast is never frowned upon (how many of those 9 days involved lava cakes….)

And guess what. THIS RECIPE IS HASHTAG WHOLEARMAN. HASHTAG I NEED A FOOD PROCESSOR.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Blogging Politics #2= Competitive blogging

March 6, 2014 at 6:03 pm

hashtag use your meat grinder. Hashtag congrats to me on not eating chocolate this morning. hashtag I could eat the entire jar of this but it’s fine because I can run 12 marathons in a row!

Jen @ Chase the Red Grape
    March 4, 2014 at 5:39 am

Oh my goodness – soooo on the list to make! Looks incredible!

Thank you Arman for tweeting!!! 🙂
    Jen @ Chase the Red Grape recently posted…Weekend Food Photo Bomb!

March 6, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Arman is my PR man. He knows I’ll blackmail the whole world with his selfies if he doesn’t tweet my recipes 😉 Just kidding!!!! Glad you like 🙂

Ruby
    March 4, 2014 at 5:42 am

Oookay so this looks like heaven in a jar. Chocolate & sarcasm & almond butter are some of my favorite things in the world. So, thank you.

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles
    March 4, 2014 at 6:00 am

Love your sarcasm! It’s funny, I live for chocolate and have a complete sweet tooth but very very rarely do I want chocolate at breakfast (although I used to love my morning bowls of Cocoa Pebbles – note the word “bowls”)…I do love peanut butter at breakfast though. Unfortunately, I have an almond allergy but this does sound delish if I were to use peanut butter!
    meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…NNM And Little Changes Lead To Big Results

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats
    March 4, 2014 at 6:13 am

No I hate your sarcasm 😉 >>>pls note my sarcasm right here.

I need a proper food processor in my life so I can make stuff like this.

Chocolate for breakfast is always for the win in my book 🙂
    Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted…Bloggers Recipe Share

Jess @dearhealthyness
    March 4, 2014 at 6:35 am

Sarcasm? What’s that? No seriously, I love it!

Chocolate for breakfast super Yay I use it too almost every single day, of course with precious oats!

I need a food processor to make this now!!
    Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted…Stand Up and Keep Walking

Elise @ 9toFit.com
    March 4, 2014 at 7:29 am

Your sarcasm is one of the reasons I love you blog (that and the banging recipes obv)
    Elise @ 9toFit.com recently posted…5 Minute Better Butt Workout

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    March 4, 2014 at 7:30 am

I ♥ your sarcasm. It’s a fun part of my mornings. 🙂
    Almond joys are one of the few candies that my mom and I will eat, so to have it in nut butter form….PERFECT. I’m normally not a chocolate girl, but add in coconut and almonds, and you’ve won me over!
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…Being Humble Hurts

Tiff
    March 4, 2014 at 8:10 am

I’ve only recently gotten into AB instead of PB. Perhaps I’d save a buck making my own.
    Tiff recently posted…A Day in the Life

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    March 4, 2014 at 8:26 am

This looks….incredible. I need a food processor stat! Holy cow, I don’t think a jar of this would even make it a full week in my house. Chocolate for breakfast: yay. And yay to sarcasm!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Disrupting the routine = selfies with the cat

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    March 4, 2014 at 8:30 am

Errrmygerrrd. The sea salt addition kills me. Like I’m dying. #obsessed
    Alexis @ Hummusapien recently posted…Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Hummus

March 6, 2014 at 6:10 pm

besties for the resties!!! Stalking out the closest TJs next week so we can be lunchbox buddies. You have no idea how excited I am. Wow we are such foodies…p.s. update me on yo lyfeeeee and one person in particular. k thanks.

Kim @ BusyBod
    March 4, 2014 at 8:32 am

Chocolate for every meal maybe?? And yes I 100% appreciate your sarcasm. Please keep it coming! I’m slightly terrified of trying to make my own nut butter, but now that I have my own food processor, I think I have to get adventurous and take the plunge. What’s the worst that can happen? A chocolate/almond/coconut concoction that isn’t smooth enough to be butter? Sounds like a pretty good consolation prize to me. 🙂
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…Reebok + Oscars

Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body
    March 4, 2014 at 8:41 am

Wow this looks and sounds incredible. I have always wanted to make my own nut butter but unfortunately I don’t have a food processor!

March 4, 2014 at 8:48 am

I remember that what impressed me the most about your blog back when I first found it was that you made all of these nut butters and spreads from scratch. At the time, I couldn’t have IMAGINED doing anything like that, and I thought you were so creative! Who knew that a year later we’d be besties? 🙂

Also, I want to try cookie dough oats. I have a feeling they are one of those things that have a great name, but then don’t taste like the name…but I could be wrong, and they are actually delicious and remind me of my favorite post-dinner snack. And that would be amazing.
    Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…How to Work Out on a Budget

March 6, 2014 at 6:12 pm

I love that I won you over with my nut butter skills!

I’ll email you the recipe. They’re so damn good it’ll make you like oatmeal!

Tina Muir
    March 4, 2014 at 9:00 am

This sounds delicious! Looks like my food processor is gonna get another workout in the next few days 🙂 As for chocolate for breakfast…..how about chocolate being the first thing that you do upon waking up in the morning? Yep, thats me…..do not follow that professional athlete tip…..oops! I may be very good at monitoring my intake of the right foods most of the time, but I need that chocolate as the first thing I do. I manage to break the habit in the 6 weeks before an important race, but the rest of the year….its my favorite thing to do….so in answer to your question….YES!
    Tina Muir recently posted…Easy Canvas

Ashley
    March 4, 2014 at 9:26 am

Yup. Going on my “make ASAP” list! Oddly enough, I’ve never made my own nut butter. I think I’m ready to give it a try! Thanks for the recipe!
    Ashley recently posted…racing heart rate workout

Em @ Love A Latte
    March 4, 2014 at 9:28 am

This looks wonderful! I’m so down with chocolate at breakfast if I’m in the mood. Normally it’s in pancakes or something of the sort.
    Em @ Love A Latte recently posted…Pregnancy Journey – 16 Weeks

Krista @ Tiny n Fit
    March 4, 2014 at 9:37 am

Holy crap this is genius! Looks so flipping good!
    Krista @ Tiny n Fit recently posted…Batten Down the Hatches!

March 4, 2014 at 9:40 am

I’m pretty sure that chocolate is acceptable at any point of the day. I’m pretty sure I was going for about 3 weeks straight of chocolate at breakfast…maybe I should try to break that streak 😉
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Goal Talk: March.

Happy Pancake Day! | Chase the Red Grape
    March 4, 2014 at 9:49 am

[…] Almond Joy Butter – The Healthy Maven […]

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com
    March 4, 2014 at 10:03 am

“Chocolate for breakfast yay or nay”? – yup definitely lurve your sarcasm and wit and… punctuation…the way I read that was “Chocolate for breakfast YAY!”
    This almond joy butter looks heavenly – and I know you wouldn’t post this unless you had an extra batch for me – right?!
    Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted…Turkey-Ball Soup with Dorot Seasoning

Cindy @ Pick Fresh Foods
    March 4, 2014 at 10:08 am

I’m always for chocolate any time of the day 😀 Beautiful photos! I want some of the almond butter! It looks delicious!
    Cindy @ Pick Fresh Foods recently posted…Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    March 4, 2014 at 10:11 am

YUUUUUM. I used to not like almond joys at all, which is insane but I hated coconut. And look at me now! I’m a freaking coconut freak. So obviously, when I come to visit, you best have some of this on hand. I need it from the original source.
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Friends Are Part Of A Healthy Diet, Too

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat
    March 4, 2014 at 10:13 am

I have yet to make my own nut butter. I don’t think my blender would be up for the task. I need a better blender, so could try it because this certainly looks amazing!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…The Dangers of Sitting

Nicole @ FruitnFitness
    March 4, 2014 at 10:15 am

I had your mocha overnight oats 3 times last week, so good! I topped it with peanut butter but now I really want to make this to top it with 🙂
    Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted…Easy Baked Spaghetti Squash

March 6, 2014 at 6:18 pm

That makes me so happy!!! They’re delicious with PB too 🙂 But why not double the chocolate right?!

Kelly - LEFT SIDE OF THE TABLE
    March 4, 2014 at 10:57 am

This looks super easy to make! Never knew that if you put coconut in the food processor that it turns into a butter! Crazy! haha love that you cook the almonds for 11 minutes, not 10 😉 Maybe i’m weird and have a thing for even numbers. DEFINITELY making this one! Thanks for the fabulous recipe girl!
    Kelly – LEFT SIDE OF THE TABLE recently posted…Carrot Ginger Puree Soup

March 6, 2014 at 6:19 pm

I know haha. I’ve actually made the plain almond butter a ton of times and have played with the recipe enough to know that the almonds are perfect at 11 minutes. Super random but I swear it’s true!

Lucie@FitSwissChick
    March 4, 2014 at 10:59 am

My chocolate consumption is ridiculous at the moment. At least I decreased the nutbutter consumption!! I made a similar version a few month ago and murdered my Food Processor with it. At least I could get away with some jars of homemade cacao coconut butter before it died. That is like crack.
    But now that you posted this deliciousness, I want to take a spoon and dig around on my PC screen. Or lick it. Ok, I stop now. Genius, that’s all.
    Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted…Vegetable Noodle Salad with Spicy Turmeric Chicken

March 6, 2014 at 6:20 pm

I live in fear of the day when my food processor breaks. I may as well just keel over and die because life means nothing without my beloved toy…

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    March 4, 2014 at 11:12 am

Sarcasm: always. Chocolate: always. Almond Joy Butter: jackpot!
    Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted…March Magic Madness: Do What Feels Good

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance
    March 4, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I am obsessed with this! I need to make this ASAP. I love almond butter and I love coconut. Plus, I’m running low on my supply (meaning I only have two jars and 3 packets left).
    FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Marvelous March

Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit
    March 4, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Yep, making this weekend! Off to Costco for almonds….
    Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted…Weekend + Workout Schedule

Alex @ therunwithin
    March 4, 2014 at 12:28 pm

the coconut and almond together just sounds amazing…
    Alex @ therunwithin recently posted…Why thank you.

Anna
    March 4, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Chocolate is always a yay. So is sarcasm. 🙂
    Anna recently posted…March Goals

Brittany @ Freckled Nettles
    March 4, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Oooo, girl! You have outdone yourself again. 🙂

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    March 4, 2014 at 1:12 pm

I definitely need to try adding cocoa powder to my almond butter …… and chocolate chips to my oats! Yum!
    Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted…Fit Tip Tuesday: Increase that Incline

taylor @ taylormade
    March 4, 2014 at 4:39 pm

this looks soooo freaking delicious. I must have it. do you think I could skip the whole coconut flakes step and just put a scoop of coconut oil in there? sorry, I’m always trying to cut corners 😉

March 4, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Yep, I’m pretty sure I consume a bit of cocoa powder every day. Sweet tooth mania, what can you do? Just give in!
    Cassie recently posted…Fit Tip Tuesday #2

Becky @ Olives n Wine
    March 4, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Chocolate for breakfast is a rule in my house. If you don’t like it then you can’t live with me 😉 Pretty sure I could eat this by the spoonful or just dip an actual Almond Joy bar into the jar and go wild.
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…#25 Treat Yourself Tuesday

Gabby @ the veggie nook
    March 4, 2014 at 5:29 pm

This recipe is pure brilliance and I must have it!!
    Gabby @ the veggie nook recently posted…building up to the big one: raw almond butter and caramel apple cheesecake squares

March 4, 2014 at 5:51 pm

I love sarcasm in all forms – your’s always makes me smile!!
    I have never tried any butter except plain old peanut butter.
    Kim recently posted…Bring Your Personal Best to the Table Every Day!!

Amanda
    March 4, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Pete just made almond butter last week with some honey in it and he’s been looking for different variations. I just read this to him and I think we found a winner!

Miss Polkadot
    March 4, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Reading this rather late at night I’m now sure to be haunted by Almond Joy Butter in my dreams – haunted in the very best way. And you mean this almond butter is the result of you skipping the great workout of reaching for the chocolate chips? Now that sounds like the best result of laziness ever 😉 . And yes, we’re still friends though I just pretended to think you were lazy 😀 . Becauses yes, I fully approve of your daily sarcasm.
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Call me the soup lady!

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate
    March 4, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Oh how I used to love almond joys (or mounds, since for some crazy reason I was adverse to almonds as a child…). After my brief stint of being utterly and completely sick of nut butters I brought back sunbutter and am loving it again, so I am thinking almond butter needs to be next.

Also, your photography skill improvement seriously inspires me to actually pick up my camera and stop taking recipe pictures with my iphone.

Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds
    March 4, 2014 at 7:35 pm

I love your sarcasm because I think you could be my evil twin. Keep that shit up. And I don’t do substitutions anymore. Please refer to yesterdays post for examples of why I will not divert ever again 🙂
    Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds recently posted…This is why I don’t Bake

March 4, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Haha I have to go through ridiculous measures just to reach some of the food in my kitchen too. Why do they even make cupboards that are so darn high?

LOVE the looks of this almond butter! Chocolate + almond butter + coconut = just how I like my threesomes. 😉
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…Weekend recap

March 4, 2014 at 8:18 pm

The best laid plans get tossed out the window and this deliciousness occurs. Hurray!
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week In Review: How To Prepare A Week’s Worth of Meals Edition

Christine@ Apple of My Eye
    March 4, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Ohh this looks fantastic! I actually JUST tried almond butter and love it. Along with that, my housemate just got a really nice new food processor. Perfect ;)!
    Christine@ Apple of My Eye recently posted…White Chocolate Cranberry Protein Bars

GiGi Eats Celebrities
    March 4, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Are you sure that’s salt…. And not crack rocks?
    GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted…Saint Patrick’s Day: Rolling Up a Specialty

March 4, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Cinnamon is never optional, and chocolate for breakfast is a big YAY. And if not for breakfast… then when the craving hits hard at 9 AM 😆

Miss you, woman! Hugs from Hawaii <3
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. currently – march 2014 .

Jessie
    March 4, 2014 at 9:58 pm

I always get so excited when I see a new pin from you on Pinterest – it’s actually how I knw you’ve posted another kick a$$ recipe. As soon as I saw this one yesterday, I about peed my pants w/ excitment. Chocolate for breakfast – um yes!! How about chocolate whenever my little heart desires? 🙂

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl
    March 4, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Can I just eat this out of the container? Please! Oh goodness, please! Talk about a fun afternoon..

And now I need chocolate for breakfast tomorrow morning!
    Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl recently posted…Fashion: What I Wore This Week

March 4, 2014 at 10:13 pm

A day without chocolate with breakfast is not a day I’m interested in living. This looks amazing and now I want almond joy oats. Why did I make stupid strawberry coconut overnight oats for tomorrow already? 🙁 Oh yeah, because my dad started drinking almond milk and we are OUT. And I love your sarcasm, duh.
    Cassie recently posted…Coconut Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes

Sarah & Arkadi
    March 5, 2014 at 12:00 am

i forgot i have some almost butter in the pantry ! yours looks amazing! love that salt on top!
    Sarah & Arkadi recently posted…Chocolate Cake Truffles

Allison @ Life's a Bowl
    March 5, 2014 at 7:12 am

I could have sworn that I commented yesterday, but I don’t see it – maybe I’m a spammer? 😛 But nonetheless… This looks INSANELY delicious! I’m giving up soda and candy for Lent, but this is nut butter so it’s not technically candy… Right?!
    Allison @ Life’s a Bowl recently posted…Wheat-Free, Dairy Free, Morning Glory Muffins {Guest Post}

Mary Frances
    March 5, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Almond butter is waaay superior … unfortunately also in cost, but hey, it tastes so good! If I had to pick my last candy bar to eat on earth, it would be the Almond Joy. I have now decided Almond Joy Butter Oatmeal will suffice. 🙂 Pinning this!
    Mary Frances recently posted…Things I’m Loving {My Week in Photos + Recipes}

Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair
    March 5, 2014 at 9:37 pm

YUM. This looks seriously amazing. I love a good almond butter. I also LOVE your sarcasm.
    Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday #7: Punta Cana Eats

Lauren @ Jesus and a Side of Peanut Butter
    March 5, 2014 at 10:14 pm

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS. I tend to shy away from caps lock sentence, but this recipe. This recipe is beyond worthy of my enthusiasm. What a simple idea– but I’ve never thought of combining the two flavors (aside from almond joys, of course). Aghhh I want to take that spoon and just eat all of it.!
    Lauren @ Jesus and a Side of Peanut Butter recently posted…Classic Cinnamon Rolls

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables
    March 5, 2014 at 11:19 pm

Oh girl!! This looks amazing!! It wouldn’t last long in this house!
    Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted…WIAW: It’s Back to Work

March 5, 2014 at 11:59 pm

I loveeeee almond butter. And chocolate. On their own they’re amazing, but they’re even better when they’re together. HELL YEA to chocolate with breakfast! I ate a Zing dark chocolate sunflower mint bar for breakfast this morning actually.
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…Banana Chocolate Buckwheat Pancakes [Vegan & Gluten Free]

Sarah Pie
    March 6, 2014 at 9:56 am

GIMMME!!! I don’t eve like almond joys as a candy bar but as an almond butter flavor I think I could make a happy exception because this just sounds like heaven in a jar… or on a spoon.
    Sarah Pie recently posted…Chopped Kitchen Challenge: March 2014 Ingredients

Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A.
    March 6, 2014 at 4:36 pm

As if my almond butter addiction wasn’t bad enough, now I have this to deal with, thanks 🙂 I’m seriously afraid if I made this I would just end up drinking it all like a smoothie.

Question: what kind of food processor do you use? I have a crappy little four cup one and it never seems to get the butter to this level of creamy amazingness. I recently got a vitamix though…could I make it in there?
    Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A. recently posted…Cauliflower Fried Rice w/ Shrimp

Cara's Healthy Cravings
    March 6, 2014 at 7:26 pm

I would love to have some of this to stir into my oatmeal in the morning, Mmmmmm!
    Cara’s Healthy Cravings recently posted…Soba Noodles with Tofu, Eggplant and Mango

Heather @ Run Like a G!
    March 7, 2014 at 7:38 am

I would totally eat chocolate for breakfast! My fave chocolate cereal is the chocolate Krave!
    Heather @ Run Like a G! recently posted…Spread the Word to End the Word {2014}

Tara | Treble in the Kitchen
    March 7, 2014 at 9:09 am

OMG this looks amazing 🙂 Adding it to my “must make” list!!! 🙂
    Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted…My Running Story

Anastasia Carpenter
    March 7, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Hi Davida, your almond joy butter looks delish! I’ve tried making almond butter and had a difficult time getting them to process into a smooth butter. But processing them with homemade coconut butter just might do the trick! I will have to give this recipe a try. I have been making my own hazelnut butter because they are so much easier to process than almonds, and it’s quite tasty too! I adore chocolate, but it’s not allowed on my diet, so I sub carob. And yes, I put carob in my hazelnut butter for a homemade nutella. I make carob chip muffins, carob avocado coconut milk pudding, carob coconut candy cups….and more. I eat them for breakfast too! And dessert after lunch and dessert after dinner and morning snack and afternoon snack 🙂
    Anastasia Carpenter recently posted…Purple Cabbage Carrot Juice

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    March 7, 2014 at 4:50 pm

So how about this idea has been written in the blog book since I first made my Almond Joy granola this summer?! The ONLY reason I don’t hate you right now for beating me to it is that I was going to do something a teensy bit different. So yeah, we can still be friends. It must be your lucky day! 😛
    Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted…VEGAN Beautifying Beet Smoothie

Luv What You Do
    March 8, 2014 at 7:57 pm

I love homemade almond butter! This looks incredible! I’d prob eat the entire jar!
    Luv What You Do recently posted…2 New Banana Bread Recipes

Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner
    March 8, 2014 at 9:55 pm

I’ve made almond butter before, but this is pure genius! Yumola, I’m all for chocolate for breakfast, snack or whenever. 🙂
    Tina @ Tina’s Chic Corner recently posted…Double Mint Cookie Bars

Anna
    March 12, 2014 at 8:01 pm

I have no words for the sheer joy this recipe brings me. Almond butter is by far my favorite nut butter and I miss Almond Joy candy bars something fierce. Thank you Davida for this recipe!

Candida diet, whole foods, sugar-free, vegan Wellness Weekend Event | Ricki Heller
    March 13, 2014 at 8:56 pm

[…] Almond Joy Butter from The Healthy Maven. I love a good nut butter, and this one sounds divine. […]

Best of March 2014 - The Healthy Maven
    March 28, 2014 at 5:01 am

[…] Almond Joy Butter 2. Raw Key Lime Pistachio Bites 3. Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins 4. Paleo Peppermint Donuts w/ Green […]

Workstation
    August 8, 2014 at 11:32 pm

I’ll right away snatch your rss feed as I can not
    to find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service.
    Do you’ve any? Please allow me realize so that I could subscribe.
    Thanks.
    Workstation recently posted…Workstation

Healthy Ways to Top Your Crackers + A Nairns Giveaway - The Healthy Maven
    September 12, 2014 at 5:00 am

[…] Almond Joy Butter Autumn Harvest Chili – Nosh & Nourish Blackened Broccoli Bisque – Spabettie Chicken Quinoa Soup – Fit Foodie Finds Cucumber & Feta Greek Yogurt Dip – Aggie’s Kitchen Fresh Corn Salsa Fresh Homemade Pico de Gallo – Beauty & Bedlam Gingered Butternut Squash Soup Roasted Eggplant Dip – Running to the Kitchen Rustic Tomato Vegetable Soup – Lexi’s Clean Kitchen Shrimp & Mango Guacamole  Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Hummus – The Housewife in Training Files White Bean Kale & Artichoke Dip […]

kachel
    September 20, 2014 at 11:11 am

this looks really yummy. making some for myself and a friend this weekend. can this be stored in my cupboard or do I need to keep it refrigerated?

September 21, 2014 at 12:26 pm

I keep mine in the cupboard but that’s because it goes pretty quickly. If you think you’ll have it for more than a month, then store it in the fridge. Although in my experience, it will be gone in a week 🙂

Pantry Staples you Should be Making at Home
    November 30, 2014 at 3:51 pm

[…] Almond Joy Butter | The Healthy Maven […]

Last minute homemade holiday gifts - Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen
    December 19, 2014 at 6:01 am

[…] almond joy butter is a flavour you can’t find in stores, making it a great gift for your friends whether […]

Homemade Nut Butter Recipes - Fit Foodie Finds
    January 12, 2015 at 5:00 am

[…] Almond Joy Butter from The Healthy Maven […]

Easy Blender Almond Butter | Amy's Healthy Baking
    February 18, 2015 at 11:45 pm

[…] ♥   Almond Joy Butter by The Healthy Maven […]

Healthy and Creative Homemade Nut and Seed Butters - The Healthy Maven
    April 3, 2015 at 8:25 am

[…] Almond Joy Butter from The Healthy Maven […]

Tiffany
    May 27, 2015 at 2:33 am

This looks AMAZING! Do you store it in the fridge or just the cupboard?

May 27, 2015 at 6:59 am

In the cupboard! If you think it will take you a while to get through it (unlikely since it’s a addictive!) then store in the fridge but mine doesn’t last very long usually 😉

Let’s Go Nuts | California Endless Summer
    June 9, 2015 at 7:03 am

[…] ~ The Healthy Maven ~ Definitely a flavor I want to test out! […]

The Ultimate List of Nut Butters • Sweetly Petite
    June 25, 2015 at 2:38 am

[…] Almond Joy Butter […]

Chocolate Blog
    August 14, 2016 at 3:51 pm

Considering A Zing Zing Bars 12 Bars Oatmeal Chocolate Chip

[…] all its butter cousins when it comes to mixing into oats. I know this for a fac […]

Wojov Blog
    August 20, 2016 at 5:35 pm

Zing Zing Bars 12 Bars Dark Chocolate Mint

[…] us that is this almond butter. Almond butter is far superior to all its butter c […]

Fern
    July 12, 2017 at 9:07 pm

I made this tonight and it’s a gritty mess. I’ve processed it for a long time. Going to look through the internet to seenifni can save it some how. Won’t make it again. Looks nothing like your picture and I followed your directions exactly..