best of

Best of March 2014

March 28, 2014

Why do I get the feeling I am going to start off each “Best Of” post with a comment somewhere along the lines of “where did this month go?”. But fo realz WHERE DID THIS MONTH GO? Did it actually happen? Is the universe just playing some twisted joke on me? What is time? Am I real or is this all a dream? Oh dear god I think I’m having an existential crisis.

Cue Davs going to grab a cookie.

Okay I’m back. Crisis averted. I ate my feelings #ohwell.

best of March 2014Besides zipping by, this month was the craziest I have had in a while. All self-imposed of course. One day I will learn to sit still. In the meantime, let’s recap:

I posted 12 recipes this month. 4 of them were sweet. All 4 of them were in your top 5 favourite posts from this month. Noted, you like sweet treats (except you Arman because you don’t know what’s up!). Lately I’ve been posting more savoury goodness but I’m thinking April will be the return of the baker!

Your top 5 favs1. Almond Joy Butter
2. Raw Key Lime Pistachio Bites
3. Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
4. Paleo Peppermint Donuts w/ Green Coconut Frosting
5. So You Wanna Start Eating Healthier? *A personal fav!

Now onto my  favs! I think I’ve read my What I ate, drank and saw in NYC post at least 10 times (I rarely re-read posts) in hopes it may cause time to reverse. Such a refreshing weekend! Besides that post, here are some of my other March highlights:

my mar favs1. GREEN Silver Dollar Banana Pancakes
2. Roasted Rosemary Brussels Sprouts with Blueberries
3. The Great St. Patrick’s Day Green Food Link-Up-you guys seriously impress me!
4. Sushi Salad w/ Carrot Ginger Dressing (and four other fabulous Spring Salad Ideas!)
5. 10 Ways I am Not Your Stereotypical HLBthanks for being such great sports about this and NO I did not break up Gwyneth and Chris.

It’s going to be seriously hard for April to top the epicness of March but I’ll give it a chance. I have a few things in the works for April and I’m ready for it to get started NOW.

coming up in apr1. Another round-up with my blogging lovahsss. These ladies are continuously challenging me to step up my game. I’d like to believe that one day I will figure out why they included me, but for now I’m just gonna appreciate the hilariousness that ensues from our conversations.

2. Passover treats that don’t taste like passover treats. Have you ever tried kosher for passover food? I’m hoping to defy the odds with my upcoming recipes.

3. Three words: WINTER. IS. COMING. <–please tell me you got this reference.

4. More blogging tips! You guys seemed to enjoy my No BS Guide to Food Photography (despite its harshness) so I have a few more posts coming your way.

5. Finally making my dreams come true. Deets to come!

What are your March Highlights? WHO IS AS EXCITED AS I AM FOR GAME OF THRONES?!?!

March 28, 2014 at 5:40 am

How conceited and insulting can one be at the same time? Calling me out and then calling me your blog at the same time? Confuse the goose why don’t you (ha, Arthur reference).

Geebuz, I am more pumped for some blotching this weekend now. Especially for the news!!!!
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…How ‘Food Challenges’ can re-ignite the diet mentality

kathy @ vodka and soda
    March 28, 2014 at 6:02 am

did you see the 15min trailer for the new GoT? this season looks so amazing. i hope they don’t bring in a whole new set of characters; the ones they have are too many as it is but this season is supposed to be all about Revenge. as in major ass kicking and it’s going to be awesome.

-kathy
    Vodka and Soda
    kathy @ vodka and soda recently posted…things that gave me a boner this week

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles
    March 28, 2014 at 6:15 am

I couldn’t even believe that the Passover candy counters are set up and serving already in the supermarkets. Love the chocolate covered macaroons! I know I posted some Passover recipes last year and I can’t even recall what they were exactly – probably a Matzoh brei if I had to guess.
    meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Gwyneth Always Seems To Annoy Me

Elise @ 9toFit.com
    March 28, 2014 at 7:14 am

Dreams coming true?! Can’t wait to see what you have planned
    Elise @ 9toFit.com recently posted…Ab of the Week: Alternate Arm Alternate Leg

jill conyers
    March 28, 2014 at 7:52 am

Yum…tasty March! Count me excited for GoT!! It’s the only TV show I watch.
    jill conyers recently posted…Eat Seasonably and 15 Salad Recipes

Suzanne @ hello, veggy!
    March 28, 2014 at 8:32 am

I tear up every time I read these monthly recaps; you are going so far girl!!! Keep it up! Proud of you xo
    Suzanne @ hello, veggy! recently posted…Healthy Vegan Fridays #11

Erin @ The Almond Eater
    March 28, 2014 at 8:40 am

DREAMS?! You have dreams? HA omg no but really I’m so excited to hear what’s going onnnnnnnnnn! Also, your first paragraph=my exact thoughts every other day. How old am I?? WHAT’S GOING ON I THOUGHT I WAS 18 STILL.
    Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #8

March 28, 2014 at 8:44 am

I AM JUST AS EXCITED!!! <— you can tell by the caps 😉 But seriously, cannot wait.
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Five Things Friday 03/28/14.

March 28, 2014 at 9:06 am

Can’t wait to hear about your dreams coming true! That sounds big!
    Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…5 Reasons To Get Off the Couch and Do Something

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    March 28, 2014 at 9:15 am

Finally making your dreams come true!?!?! The suspense is killing me! Is it a cookbook? A catering business? A jewish lover? Paleo matzah balls?? Gimme da deeeeetz!!
    Alexis @ Hummusapien recently posted…March Faves

March 28, 2014 at 9:28 am

“Finally making my dreams come true. Deets to come!” <– Expect a text in about 2.5 seconds asking for ALL the deets. Patience is not my virtue.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. monthly favourites – march 2014 .

Kim @ BusyBod
    March 28, 2014 at 9:32 am

I have never seen Game of Thrones but I want to so badly!!! It is RIGHT up my alley but we don’t get HBO or have Netflix of Hulu or anything like that. Grumble!! Maybe someday when I’m a lawyer and everything, although I suppose I’ll have less time for TV. Also, your existential crisis sounds scarily like the ones I have when I think about physics or outer space. We are so small! Geological time (and astronomical time for that matter) is SO long! Terrifying. My turn to go find a cookie…
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…Happy 1st birthday, BusyBod!

Megan (The Lyons' Share)
    March 28, 2014 at 9:52 am

Ahh! I can’t wait to hear how you’re making your dreams come true! Congrats, friend!
    Megan (The Lyons’ Share) recently posted…7 Interesting Things I Read This Week #9

Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food
    March 28, 2014 at 9:57 am

You just reminded me to call my cable company today and get HBO back on for this Sunday! Love me some Game of Thrones. March is a blur for me. A blur of desperate attempts to get sleep and get workouts in while not eating all the cookies being passed around my office. I’m super pumped about April, though, because it HAS to warm at some point, right? So ready for warmer weather!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food recently posted…Antipasto pasta salad

Beth @ The Small Victories
    March 28, 2014 at 10:17 am

Seriously can’t believe March is almost over. We should do something about the whole time-is-passing-too-fast thing…

I think the most exciting part of this post is the “finally making my dreams come true” bit. I can’t wait to hear about it!
    Beth @ The Small Victories recently posted…Why “The Small Victories”?

Miss Polkadot
    March 28, 2014 at 10:36 am

Dreams coming true?? Please tell me you’ll open up your own bakery in March – and ship internationally 😀 ! Whatever it is, though, I’m excited for you. You’ve really taken off on your journey to living your dream life, lady!
    The more the merrier when it comes to your blogging tips! And not just because you made me feel better about not having a light box.
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…It’s a wrap, no, a crêpe! [Savoury Chickpea Crespelle]

Em @ Love A Latte
    March 28, 2014 at 10:48 am

I can’t wait for WINTER. IS. COMING.!!!! And some nice weather would be super sweet as well…!
    Em @ Love A Latte recently posted…Six Foods I Eat Every Week

Meghan @fitnesscrEATures
    March 28, 2014 at 10:49 am

Right there with you – where the eff did this month dip out to? 😉
    OMG I CANT WAIT FOR WINTER. I have been missing that show like cray. I watched a little snippit of the upcoming season and I about lost it. CANT WAIT.
    Meghan @fitnesscrEATures recently posted…Sweating with Friends

Nicole @ FruitnFitness
    March 28, 2014 at 10:56 am

All of these posts were great, I loved all the green food link ups! I’m excited to her about the new exciting news.
    Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted…Thinking out loud – forgetful, basketball and games

Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body
    March 28, 2014 at 11:46 am

I love review posts because they always help me catch up on things I’ve missed! This is a great monthly review. I am so curious about what’s coming up number 5!
    Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body recently posted…Green Lentil & Tomato Casserole – with computer building

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance
    March 28, 2014 at 12:15 pm

I loved the No BS Guide to Photography so I’m excited to see what else you have in store! 🙂 This month did go by pretty fast! I’m actually hoping April will go by quickly because I’m excited for May!!!!
    FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Friday’s Food & Fitness: Yo-ga-onna love it!

Hanna @ fitgingersnap
    March 28, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Can’t wait to see ALL you have coming up in April. And keep the blogging tips coming, they help more than you know!
    Hanna @ fitgingersnap recently posted…Friday Favorites.

Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner
    March 28, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Hehe…winter is coming. Love the series and now I’m reading the books!
    Dreams coming true?! The suspense!!!
    Have a good weekend, Davida. 🙂
    Tina @ Tina’s Chic Corner recently posted…Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

Lauren @ ihadabiglunch
    March 28, 2014 at 4:54 pm

What a delicious March! Man all the recipes look so cool lined up next to each other like that…it really shows how much variety goes into this blog! Much appreciated by your readers 🙂 I still have to try those pistachio bites. Those look like trouble.
    Lauren @ ihadabiglunch recently posted…random round-up friday

Heather @ Run Like a G!
    March 28, 2014 at 5:08 pm

I think I have enjoyed getting to run in somewhat nice weather. Even though I am sort of sad to see March leave {WHERE IS THE YEAR GOING ALREADY?} I am super excited for the next two months. April and May are my favorite and I just can’t wait 🙂
    Heather @ Run Like a G! recently posted…I’m buying new sneakers.

Amanda
    March 28, 2014 at 5:34 pm

I don’t get the “winter is coming” reference. I hate myself.

Karey @ Nutty About Health
    March 28, 2014 at 6:12 pm

I am SO psyched for Game of Thrones!!!! LOVE it!!
    Karey @ Nutty About Health recently posted…Let’s Talk About Poop

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    March 28, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Haha…. love the start to this post! I feel the exact same way every single month…. times needs to slow down just a bit, huh? March was definitely a GREAT month for your blog. Can’t wait to see what you have coming up in April! I especially loved your photography post. I’m seriously going to be jumping on the photoshop bandwagon ASAP. Now if I can just make some time to actually figure the program out. Maybe you can post a tutorial????? 😉
    Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted…5 Things Friday

Luv What You Do
    March 29, 2014 at 12:29 am

I can’t believe March is almost over. it was a truly delicious month!
    Luv What You Do recently posted…Five for Friday XX

Joanne
    March 29, 2014 at 7:48 am

It really is CRAZY how fast March flew by. WHAT is up with that?!

I’ve loved all the deliciousness you baked this month! Bring.It.On.
    Joanne recently posted…Yellow Birthday Cake with Fluffy Chocolate Ganache Frosting

March 30, 2014 at 9:55 am

I seriously need to start GoT. That would require also finishing HoC. AND YOUR DREAMS??? UM GIRL YOU BETTER NOT LEAVE ME HANGINGGGGG. TEXT ME.

March 30, 2014 at 1:42 pm

I am SO excited for Game of Thrones too! ONE WEEK!!!
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…Apple cinnamon oatmeal pancakes for one

March 30, 2014 at 4:26 pm

WINTER. IS. COMING way too soon because I am still reading Book 5 and I was hoping to finish before the new series starts on April 6th. Thankfully (or sadly depending on how you look at it), the Hubby leaves me on Sunday nights which means I will have to wait until the following Friday to watch that first episode so I have a few more days of crazy reading, although even then I’m not sure I’ll be done in time. Martin’s books are LONG.

I still have my Brussel sprouts and my rosemary plus bags of frozen blueberries (from last July; who’s sweet now?!) and I’m still going to make your sprouts. In fact, I much rather enjoy your savory recipes so keep ’em coming.

Amy @ Elephant Eats
    March 31, 2014 at 3:44 pm

So glad you summarized your March on one convenient page for me 🙂 I have so much to catch up on…but first I need to check out those Key Lime Bites. YUM!!
    Amy @ Elephant Eats recently posted…House Update #5 + a bonus I’ve been “cooking up” 😉