best of

Best of June 2014 + A New Summer Playlist!

June 30, 2014

No weekend recap today! Instead I’ll be recapping the whirlwind that was June. Did June actually happen? If it weren’t for the blog giving me proof that I actually do things, I’d question whether or not I am just dreaming this year away.

best of JuneFor the record, this weekend involved a whole lot of cleaning and proof that my supposed wisdom from yesterday’s post is in fact false. Turns out I haven’t found that “happy point” with drinking. Sunday was fun.

Not surprisingly, I’ve had a few more write-off Sundays since I made it my mission to include more drink recipes on the blog in June. 2 for the blog + 2 for the ecookbook means there’s a descent chance I may still be drunk as I’m typing this…just kidding…kind of.

Okay enough joking around, let’s recap June!

your June favsThanks to a very lucky feature in The Huffington Post, this Spinach and Ricotta Zucchini Ravioli (aka Zavioli) had a pretty epic month. 20 000+ people read this post. Mind blown.

Spinach and Ricotta Zucchini Ravioli // thehealthymaven.comI’m happy you guys liked these Thai Turkey Sliders with Peanut Sauce because they were probably my favourite recipe from June too! I’m also kind of obsessed with the pictures.

Thai Turkey Sliders with Peanut SauceI don’t blame you for not wanting to turn on your oven either. These No-Bake Chocolate Blueberry Bars are the perfect summer snack and will be accompanying me on my trip to Yellowstone!

No-Bake Chocolate Blueberry BarsIf this Blackberry Mojito recipe didn’t make the top 5 in June I would have been upset…and drank 5 of these to make up for it.

Sugar-Free Blackberry Mojito // thehealthymaven.comAnd for the first month ever, savoury won out over sweet with this Apricot Barbecue Chicken! Now that I know to turn the gas on when attempting to BBQ, expect more BBQ recipes next month.

Apricot Barbecue ChickenOnto my June favs! This month was good to me, for obvious reasons that I also suspect you’re sick of hearing about…

my june favs

So this happened. Crossed publish an ebook off my summer bucket list!

order now

Speaking of my summer bucket list, I can also cross off pop champagne on a boat with this girl. And by boat I mean canoe and by champagne I mean propel. My trip to Minneapolis has so far been the highlight of my year. I love it there.

Me and LeeThese Red White and Blueberry Pancakes were super fun to shoot and I cannot wait to make them again on the 4th! AMURICA.

Red White and Blueberry Pancakes // thehealthymaven.com #4thofJulyAnd in the blogging tips area I finally got around to publishing Part 2 on my Social Media for Newbie Bloggers series. I’m glad you guys found the tips helpful!

Social Media For Newbie Bloggers part 2July begins tomorrow and I am SO looking forward to it. Lots of fun things to come and a much needed vacation is taking up the majority of it.

coming up in july-A two week trip out West. I’ll be in Park City, Utah, Jackson Hole, Wyoming and Yellowstone National Park. Suggestions welcome!

-My first video! Wish me luck…

-Bringing back the fitness! Working out hasn’t been a priority for me these past few months but I’m making an effort to workout a few times a week and hopefully include more posts on this.

-What you’ll be listening to for the next month. This playlist got me through June so I thought I would share it with you. I miss making playlists for you guys! Should I start posting more of them?

Summer 2014 Playlist // thehealthymaven.com

.Let’s Jam. Summer 2014 Playlist. from TheHealthyMaven on 8tracks Radio.

Before I sign out, I just want to take a second to tell you guys how grateful I am for all of YOU. Seriously, you’re amazing and allow me to do what I love every single day. I wish I could bake you each a cake to show how much I love you. Maybe in August…it is my birthday month after all!

What are your June highlights? What’s coming up for you in July?

June 30, 2014 at 5:15 am

The Maven has had a pretty epic June.

I can attest for this weekend just past. Thank you snapchat.

Guess who’s making the apricot chicken? Me. (using canned apricots….damn prices here).

And where is your fav 1 direction on that playlist?
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Blog Birthday Giveaway!

meredith @The Cookie ChRUNicles
    June 30, 2014 at 5:37 am

Whenever I see your apricot chicken I remember how much I used to love that. I need to make it for my son and use the marinade on something else for me…June was awesome since it was my birthday!
    meredith @The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Thought Per Picture

Lucie@FitSwissChick
    June 30, 2014 at 7:20 am

Yes, yes, yes!!! Thank you for the playlist!! You are my palylist queen. TOTALLY post more of them.

July is the fresh start in my new appartment. Wow – not sure yet how to feel about this 🙂
    Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted…MIMM – Nothing some booze can’t fix

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    June 30, 2014 at 7:24 am

You were a busy girl this past month! I need to make that spinach and ricotta dish cause it looks awesome.

I’m pretty pumped for July. Work is closed every Friday so I’ve got automatic 3-day weekends all month long. Annnnd I leave tomorrow for Vegas!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Weekend fun and off to Vegas!

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    June 30, 2014 at 7:54 am

Looks like June just might have been your best month ever in terms of blogging! Congrats, girl! I missed your part 2 post of social media tips… heading over to check that out!
    Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted…Cottage Cheese Tuna Salad

June 30, 2014 at 8:18 am

Congrats on the awesome month, lady! You totally deserve it 😀 June was pretty freaking epic for you, and I hope that July is even better <3
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. monthly favourites – june 2014 .

Lauren
    June 30, 2014 at 8:23 am

What an amazing month! Such exciting stuff! I also cannot believe it is July tomorrow – insanity.
    I am going sailing in Croatia at the end of the month – Can’t wait!!
    Lauren recently posted…Chocolate Crunch Energy Balls

Heather @ Run Like a G!
    June 30, 2014 at 8:28 am

You had a FABULOUS month!!!!! 🙂 Congrats!!!
    I love how almost every playlist has a Drake song on it! 😉
    Heather @ Run Like a G! recently posted…Marathon Training {May}

Florence
    June 30, 2014 at 8:44 am

I love your recaps! I need to try the mojito!
    Florence recently posted…salads, things, and eating like a happy person

June 30, 2014 at 9:00 am

June was insane over here…I’m actually pretty sure it’s the most I’ve neglected the blog since I started it! Worth it though for the chance to unplug and reconnect with people in person a little bit more. I still need to make those mojitos…they look so good!
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Weekend Recap: Sushi and BBQ.

June 30, 2014 at 9:42 am

That apricot chicken was the highlight of my June. (Kidding, but it was one of my best homemade meals of June.) My highlight of June was Portland (duh) followed by Bey & Jay (another duh). Currently listening to this playlist love itttt & you.

PS probably going to be mixing up lots of Healthy Maven drinks this week whoooop.
    Cassie recently posted…Chocolate Coconut Pistachio Energy Bites

Consuelo - Honey & Figs
    June 30, 2014 at 10:06 am

Awwhhh Lee and you look so cute! Hope you had a great time in Minnesota 🙂
    Also, thanks for the playlist, I was starting to get ever so tired of mine ughhh I’l check out all of those songs!
    Aaaaaand last but not least, as an answer to your question, I’m feeling that July is ging to be such a boring month for me eek :'( Besides from my birthday, there’s not much else I’m really looking forward to! But I’m hoping August and September to be bloody brilliant hehe
    Consuelo – Honey & Figs recently posted…Baked Zoatmeal Cakes with Tahini Drizzle

Jodi
    June 30, 2014 at 10:55 am

I appreciate you too Davida! I look forward to reading your blog as you are an inspiration.

June 30, 2014 at 11:25 am

Thanks for reminding me that I want to make that zucchini ravioli! Putting it on the meal plan for this week! Congrats on such a wonderful month, love!! When is the trip?? That’s going to be so fun! Can I hop in the suitcase?
    Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…Weekend in the Windy City

Britt@MyOwnBalance
    June 30, 2014 at 11:25 am

I honestly can’t believe how quickly June has gone by! It’s freaking me out a bit!! It was a great month but I’m exhausted now! I’m taking July off! Haha.

Have a great time on your trip in July! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Also, I love Broods!
    Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…MyYogaWorks + One Month of Free Yoga

Casey @ Casey the College Celiac
    June 30, 2014 at 12:03 pm

June highlights included hanging out with friends, experimenting in the kitchen (homemade granola – nut free deliciousness!) and watching a ton of World Cup soccer! Go US! 😉
    Casey @ Casey the College Celiac recently posted…Rock-a-By, Celiac?

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    June 30, 2014 at 2:05 pm

“If it weren’t for the blog giving me proof that I actually do things, I’d question whether or not I am just dreaming this year away.” <— but seriously. So many things happened this month! I'm sososo excited for your e-cookbook especially!
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…I’m Okay With That

Sarah @ Sweet Miles
    June 30, 2014 at 3:55 pm

WHOA now, how did I miss your blackberry mojito?! YUM!!
    Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted…River City 5K Recap: Burns Park, Little Rock

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl
    June 30, 2014 at 4:40 pm

That Zavioli looks awesome! And now I’m off to check out your social media writeup – thank you!

Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health
    June 30, 2014 at 5:15 pm

June was a terrible month for me so im really excited for July. I will be cooking few recipes from your book this week 🙂
    Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health recently posted…Grilled Corn, Tomatoes, and Avocado in Bread Cups

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    June 30, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Congrats on all of your successes, Davida! <3
    Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted…On “Failed” Relationships & Closure

June 30, 2014 at 6:41 pm

I need to hop back on the fitness train too. Lately I pat myself on the back if I get in a walk around the block haha. But once I’m done internship and have more time, I really want to get back to working out more!
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…The first step to weight loss

Luv What You Do
    June 30, 2014 at 6:52 pm

I just pinned a whole bunch of these recipes! They look fantastic! And I am about to go searching for new music. Hooray for the play list ideas!
    Luv What You Do recently posted…Keep on Dancing! {My Journey through RKY Training}

Alisha @ Alisha's Appetite
    June 30, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I think it’s safe to say you’ve had the most successful June ever! You should feel so proud!
    Alisha @ Alisha’s Appetite recently posted…Shredded Chicken, Creamy Avocado & Crispy Bacon Sandwich on a Pretzel Bun

Megan @ The Skinny-Life
    June 30, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Congrats on a successful month! You’ve worked hard and it is evident.
    Megan @ The Skinny-Life recently posted…Chocolate Almond Bites

June 30, 2014 at 9:32 pm

June was an epic month for you!!! I can’t wait to see what is coming up in the next few months!
    Kim recently posted…3 Recent Scares

July 1, 2014 at 1:42 am

YAY for August babies – I was born on the 6th! Us Leos are pretty fab 🙂

I feel like June seriously flew by too!!

Amanda
    July 1, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Now I just wanna make my ass clap!