breakfast gluten-free oatmeal/granola vegan

Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats {Dairy-Free}

July 11, 2014

You’re probably sick of me telling you about it, but currently I am on vacation with the Famjam. The cast includes my maj and faj, broski and myself. My other two sisters didn’t make the cut (kidding!). Doesn’t matter where we are travelling, we will always stay in the same kind of hotel. By this I mean Marriott, but specifically we must have a full kitchen.

Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats // thehealthymaven.comGenerally we will eat breakfast in the room, sometimes lunch and always go out for dinner. Breakfast is almost always “porridge”. I have no idea why we refer to oatmeal as “porridge” but perhaps my Mom was a British nanny in a former life…Clearly, I refer to it as oatmeal. But growing up we always always ate porridge aka steel cut oats with brown sugar.

After arriving in Park City we did our mandatory grocery run and my family must have misheard me because for some reason they agreed to try my overnight oats in lieu of their porridge. That night I whipped up a big batch with some bananas, almond milk and blackberries and as per usual was SO excited for breakfast the next morning. Unfortunately we couldn’t find peaches and buying coconut cream might have been a little out there for vacation so this Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats was not added to the roster.

Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats // thehealthymaven.comApparently I was the only one kept up late by the thought of overnight oats because my family wasn’t quite convinced…I can’t really blame them though. While I love overnight oats, I can see why they might be an acquired taste. That’s a lie, I think they are out of their minds for not liking it but ya gotta pick your battles. I did manage to convince them to switch to natural peanut butter for our PB and Banana Sammies aka how we lunch when we hike so I still consider myself a winner.

They’ve also managed to get me addicted to Skinny Pop and Peanut M&Ms (not peanut butter which are FAR superior) so it looks like we’ve all come out on top.

Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats {Dairy-Free}

Serves 2     adjust servings

• 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 fresh peach, chopped
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • 1 T maple syrup/honey/agave
  • 2 T coconut cream*

1. Combine all ingredients (except coconut cream) in an airtight container or mason jar.
  2. Place in refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight.
  3. Stir in coconut cream.
  4. Eat cold or warm in microwave

Notes

*I place a full-fat can of Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk in the fridge overnight with the oats and in the morning I scoop out the cream from the top.

Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats // thehealthymaven.com

Like breakfast food?! Don’t forget to check out my

Healthy Breakfast eCookbook!

order here badge

Have you tried converting your family to foods you like? Overnight oats, yay or nay?

July 11, 2014 at 5:21 am

Omg look at you copycatting recipes left right and centre. Who are you?

And Porridge. Lol. That’s what we call it here. Margie is Australian at heart.

Oatmeal pudding overnight styleZ. Peanut m and m’s > Peanut butter m and m’s. You do warrant some merits…
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Healthy Tiramisu Oatmeal Pudding

Jen @ Chase the Red Grape
    July 11, 2014 at 5:56 am

As you can imagine, it’s called porridge everywhere in Scotland!!! In fact, I don’t think you will find many people calling it oatmeal! Oatmeal is something we would use in savoury dishes!
    Jen @ Chase the Red Grape recently posted…CrossFit – WTF?!?

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles
    July 11, 2014 at 6:28 am

My father is the pickiest eater so the only way I can convince him to eat something I like is to puree vegetables and hide foods in his meals when I have the fam over for dinner….I like overnight oats but prefer cooked, cold oatmeal mixed with all of the toppings and greek yogurt. My favorite meal actually!
    meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Crumbs May Re-Open And Skipping A 5K Race

Lauren
    July 11, 2014 at 7:02 am

Yay for your Mum calling in Porridge! Peaches and cream – what a combo – I am digging peaches big time at the moment.
    Ha yes! I try to get my Dad to eat porridge but he can’t stand the texture – so muesli will suffice!
    I also got him to drink spirulina once – he was not impressed!
    Lauren recently posted…Chargrilled Halloumi and Baby Potato Salad

Erin @ The Almond Eater
    July 11, 2014 at 8:23 am

My mom and step dad are the pickiest eaters I know, so converting them would be hopeless. On another note, I love Skinny Pop. I’m not at addict level quite yet, but all in good time.
    Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Short n’ Sweet

Em @ Love A Latte
    July 11, 2014 at 8:53 am

Hope vacation is a blast! I have to be the mood for overnight oats so I go on kicks with them and then take long breaks. This looks really tasty though. I think my parents would think overnight oats is absolutely disgusting, but I’ll have to run it by them sometime haha!
    Em @ Love A Latte recently posted…Pregnancy Journey – 35 Weeks

July 11, 2014 at 8:56 am

I always think about making overnight oats…and then I feel too lazy the night before to make anything. One day…
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Five Things Friday 07/11/14.

Brittany
    July 11, 2014 at 9:13 am

While I love to grind my own natural PB, and my almond butter has one ingredient in it (almonds..go figure) I’m with your family on the overnight oats. I tried it once, and it was so horrific (I went too big and added too many clashing components) I never had a desire to try again. I would still eat yours though, but only if you made it for me right before an epic mountain quest.
    Brittany recently posted…Does It Make Me…

Megan @ The Skinny-Life
    July 11, 2014 at 9:16 am

Earlier this week I made peanut butter overnight oats. How could I never have made overnight oats before? They are so good. Your peach recipe sounds really good. I honestly don’t each peaches often. I have no idea why. They are so good!
    Megan @ The Skinny-Life recently posted…Blackberry Balsamic Glaze

July 11, 2014 at 10:17 am

SKINNY POP IS LIFE. I have a bad addiction to popcorn. I seriously don’t know when to stop. Worse than my granola addiction, really.

Joe will eat overnight oats, actually. He’s starting to get serious about losing weight so he’s been eating more and more things I make!
    Cassie recently posted…Now Trending – Best Links Week of 7.7

Heather @ Run Like a G!
    July 11, 2014 at 10:43 am

I have never tried overnight oats. I am also not a big oatmeal person….I know, please don’t hate me, lol!!!
    Loving the IG photos that you keep posting! I hope you are having an awesome trip!
    Heather @ Run Like a G! recently posted…Very Inspiring Blogger Award

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    July 11, 2014 at 11:14 am

YAY to overnight oats. Yay x100000. My family has yet to try them yet, but my grandma and grandpa like them!
    My family also always stays at Marriott. Partially because we have a family friend that works there (hello, discounts), but also because Marriott rocks and they have kitchens as you said. I need a fridge for my natural peanut butter and overnight oats. And dinner leftovers.
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…Fascinating Friday Links #40 + Yesterday

GiGi Eats
    July 11, 2014 at 1:03 pm

I remember when I could eat oatmeal, I never liked the fruity chunky stuff… That being said, my taste buds have changed a lot so I feel like I totally would now, except, now I cannot eat it – DAMN picky baby GiGi ruined everything!
    GiGi Eats recently posted…This is an Emergen-C!

Kelly Stilwell
    July 11, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I am becoming addicted to chia seeds! Thanks! Sharing!

July 12, 2014 at 12:50 pm

I’m always trying to get my family to like foods I like, but I’m not always successful. I did get my mom to start eating oatmeal with chia seeds for breakfast, but she eats it plain – she won’t listen to me when I tell her that the addition of cinnamon and almond butter would be life changing!

I love overnight oats! Definitely going to make this recipe when peaches are in season (which I hope is soon!).
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…Is coconut oil good for you?

July 12, 2014 at 3:09 pm

I’ve never tried overnight oats – not sure I would like them since oatmeal in general isn’t my favorite.
    How’s this – if we ever meet and you make them, I will try them!!!
    Kim recently posted…Side-to-Side (7/6-7/12)

Mary Frances
    July 12, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Haha, nope, I’m not sick of it at all! Mainly cuz I reminded everyone every 3.41 minutes that I was on vacation and that was why I wasn’t on the Internet NOT because I suddenly became allergic to blogging.
    Anyways.
    You make the best breakfast recipes! Peaches and cream makes me think of the fair and how wonderful that combo tastes when you are hot. What a wonderful way to wake up!
    Mary Frances recently posted…{Vegan} German Chocolate Banana Bread

July 12, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Most of my family is willing to try my cooking, and they usually really end up liking it. My brothers on the other hand…not so much. I made a raw pasta sauce with tomatoes, onions, basil, garlic and everything that is right with this world and my brothers opted to have jarred sauce. They wouldn’t even try my “healthy” versions. Oh well; their loss. The rest of the family moaned with delight…or something like that. 🙂

Consuelo - Honey & Figs
    July 13, 2014 at 10:27 am

My family are sooooo picky with oatmeal too ahhh I don’t think they’re right in their minds, yo. OATMEAL IS LYF.
    But I guess that’s a cool thing because more oatmeal for me that way, win win! I’d love to devour a huge jar of this heavenly concoction anytime soon. It looks brillante, my friend.
    Enjoy your vacation <3
    Consuelo – Honey & Figs recently posted…Chicken Souvlaki Kabobs + Greek Salad

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    July 13, 2014 at 11:00 am

I just bought a whole bunch of peaches yesterday so I’m totally making this for breakfast tomorrow!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Where my parents used to frolick

July 13, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Awww so cute that you’re on vacay with your family! I’d love to do a big vacation with my family as adults. Our family has expanded with significant others and kiddos, and I’m sure it’d be a crazy awesome zoo of a vacation.

To answer your question, yes, I totally try to convert my fam to foods I like and meals I make. Every time I stay at my parents’ house everyone expects for me to cook for them, and I love it! I just have to make sure to carefully tread the line of yummy while also being healthy, but not too hippy healthy for everyone ya know?
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…Review: ProCakes High Protein Pancake Mix

Jamie
    July 14, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Never had overnight oats before, so I’d be interested to try this soon. I don’t like regular oatmeal, but we will see!
    Jamie recently posted…What Are The Best Espresso Beans?

Kat
    July 14, 2014 at 6:16 pm

I didn’t use to like overnight oats, but now I’m totally in love with them. How on earth does that even happen? lol I’m a huge texture person, so my oats need to have something other than the “mush” of the oats, which is why I love layering mine with fruit and something crunchy like nuts!
    Kat recently posted…Currently Loving

Britt@MyOwnBalance
    July 15, 2014 at 4:02 pm

One time I made an entire week’s worth of meals for my parents and my father ate only one of the meals claiming he didn’t like the rest. What is not to like about kale chips!?!
    Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…The Best Prenatal Workout DVDs

Tara
    July 16, 2014 at 12:33 am

Nice, I was wondering what you were doing out here! (out here meaning America) I haven’t lived with my family for a really long time but I just made (literally 10 minutes ago) my roommate zoodles. I know they’re old news but he never had them before!
    Tara recently posted…Do It For The Likes

Best of July 2014 - The Healthy Maven
    August 1, 2014 at 5:41 am

[…] make the list. Now go double check that your peaches aren’t contaminated and then make this Peaches & Cream Overnight Oats […]

70 Mouthwatering Peach Recipes
    August 13, 2014 at 6:03 am

[…] Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats {Dairy-Free} […]

Apple Pie Protein Overnight Oats | Amy's Healthy Baking
    April 14, 2015 at 4:28 am

[…] ♥   Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats by The Healthy Maven […]

Products Blog Blog
    December 6, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Sugar Free Mum Savoury Ecookbook

[…] a full-fat can of Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk in the fridge overnight with the oa […]