Posted by Davida @ The Healthy Mavenhttps://www.thehealthymaven.com/2014/11/dairy-free-cream-of-mushroom-soup.html
© 2014 The Healthy Maven. All rights reserved.
Dairy-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
cup raw cashews
oz mixed mushrooms (about 4 cups – I used cremini, shitake, and portobello), stems and caps chopped
tsp coconut oil
medium yellow onion, diced
cups vegetable stock
tsp dried basil
tsp sea salt
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with 1 cup of water. Soak for at least 2 hours.
- Add coconut oil to a large pot and melt over med-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in mushrooms and continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Lower heat to med-low and cover pot to sweat mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add in vegetable stock, dried basil, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Add soup and cashews and soaking water to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Serve warm.
- Will keep for several days in the refrigerator and also freezes well.