dessert gluten-free paleo vegan

Maple Pecan Butter Cups

December 20, 2015

Ditch the reese’s peanut butter cups in favor of these healthy Maple Pecan Butter Cups! The perfect seasonal dessert recipe for all of your holiday snacking. Plus they’re made from just 4 ingredients!

Ditch the reese's peanut butter cups in favor of these healthy Maple Pecan Butter Cups! The perfect seasonal dessert recipe for all of your holiday snacking. Plus they're made from just 4 ingredients!Somedays I feel like I’m not cut-out to be a blogger.

The more bloggers I meet, the more I discover how out of the ordinary I really am. This is a complete generalization but a good portion of the bloggers I’ve met are actually quite introverted. I love me a good introvert, but I’m also massively uncomfortable with silence so me + introverts = me talking for hours on end about absolutely nothing because I’m incredibly awkward. And then afterwards I kind of feel weird and self-conscious.

I’m insanely extroverted. I can talk to anyone and anything about everything. I certainly need my alone time, but I find a lot of comfort in crowds and noise. Coffee-talk chatter is the equivalent of silence for most other people. I’m also the person who has in-depth conversations with the barista and knows the intimate details of the lady at the grocery store’s former relationship.

Everything I’ve written on the blog I can guarantee you would experience in person. I don’t think I have an ounce of introvert in me.

Ditch the reese's peanut butter cups in favor of these healthy Maple Pecan Butter Cups! The perfect seasonal dessert recipe for all of your holiday snacking. Plus they're made from just 4 ingredients!I’ve also discovered that a lot of bloggers tend to be type A and absurdly organized. I know bloggers who work 3 months ahead, have their content calendars color coded and are extremely regimented and meticulous about their daily schedule. Again, I’m questioning if maybe I picked the wrong career path…

I am not organized, but I’ve learned to do the best I can. I’ve made massive strides in the last year (as evidenced HERE) where I have to thank my hyper-organized blogmates for encouraging me to get my act together. You will never turn me into an introvert, but type-A extrovert is a pretty good step.

One of the ways in which I’ve been reformed is in putting myself on a better work schedule. I wrote a post for The Blogger Project on how to GSD (“get shit done”) when you’re a blogger with no time and the tips I suggest have literally transformed my life.

I’ve mastered how to work most efficiently and subsequently have found a much better work-life balance.

Ditch the reese's peanut butter cups in favor of these healthy Maple Pecan Butter Cups! The perfect seasonal dessert recipe for all of your holiday snacking. Plus they're made from just 4 ingredients!With that, my plan is to check out until the end of the year! There’s a chance I may stop in over the next 10 days or so, but I’m not holding my breath. I actually got everything I wanted to finish done before heading to Minnesota tomorrow, and my focus is on spending time with C’s family and getting in as much relaxation as possible before the New Year grind begins.

I’ve yet to tackle how to deal with silence, but you bloggers have certainly taught me a thing or two about organization. I’m grateful to YOU for allowing me to do what I love, but also to my blogger-friends who have shown me how to be more efficient about it so that I can spend more time with the PEOPLE I love.

If I don’t speak to you before, have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year! Enjoy at least 10 of these Maple Pecan Butter Cups for me, but more importantly, enjoy them with the people that matter. xoxo D

Maple Pecan Butter Cups

Cook Time 30 mins

1. Melt coconut oil in the microwave or on the stovetop.
  2. Stir in cocoa powder and maple syrup until smooth.
  3. Line a muffin tin with liners (I like these silicone liners) and scoop 2 tsp into each cup.
  4. Place in freezer to set for 5-10 minutes.
  5. Scoop 1 tsp of maple pecan butter into each cup and then coat with chocolate until covered.
  6. Sprinkle with sea salt if using.
  7. Place in freezer to set for at least 30 minutes.
  8. Store in freezer for up to 3 months.*

Notes

*note: These are best straight from the freezer as the coconut oil is not the most stable at room temperature.

P.S. Did you catch my video with me making Maple Pecan Butter? It’s super easy and a great last minute holiday gift!

Are you an introvert or extrovert? Are you type A? Is type B a thing?

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine
    December 20, 2015 at 9:32 am

I’m an introvert, no question, but once you’re comfortable with me, I totally speak my mind, use my weird humor, and sometimes won’t shut-up 😛
    But I’d much rather hang out with someone more extroverted than me if that’s the case too!
    (And these are not just seasonal treats 😉 All year!!)
    Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…Christmas Traditions With NJ Lottery

The Healthy Maven
      December 30, 2015 at 8:37 am

We’d make the perfect pair! I can assure you I’m the extrovert to your introvert!

Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen
    December 20, 2015 at 12:39 pm

HA, total type A, secretly introverted. Secretly in a sense I am not sure if others would realize I am introverted, but it’s true. I’ve finally come to terms with it now. But in college I thought I was just weird and felt out of place when I didn’t want to be around my roommates/friends every second of my free time. But I’ve also never been one to follow the crowd so I kind of just didn’t care either. OH WELL. Ha, kinda sound like a biatch but I speak the truth.
    Have a super great time in MN! Safe travels. XX
    Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen recently posted…BGB Holiday Gift Exchange

The Healthy Maven
      December 30, 2015 at 8:32 am

You can totally be both! I’m the first person to dip out when I’m ready to go home (I tend to pull an Irish Goodbye) but I also will talk your ear off if there’s any form of silence. I’m a bit of a perfectionist but also am all over the place and terribly disorganized. It’s what keeps people interesting, right?!

Kelsey
    December 20, 2015 at 2:43 pm

I think I’m mostly introverted, but don’t mind being around people and chatting with them. I do need my down time, for sure, to recharge! The GSD post was/is amazing, and I’m hoping by remembering those tip + joining the TBP challenge will help me figure this blog stuff out a little bit more. =) After I finish this Blogmas challenge I put myself up to (and hopefully will have all planned out by the end of the today!), I’m going to log myself away from the blog and enjoy the rest of 2015. I’m hoping it will help me find lots of inspiration for the new year, as well as during the challenge.
    Safe travels to the lovely MN and Merry Christmas! <3
    Kelsey recently posted…Blogmas Day 18 + 19 / Two for One.

The Healthy Maven
      December 30, 2015 at 8:30 am

Hope you had a very merry Christmas, my dear! As always, it was wonderful to spend it in MN 🙂 So impressed with your Blogmas challenge. I love watching Vloggers do Vlogmas challenges so I could only imagine how challenging that must have been for you! Can’t wait to have you on board for the TBP Challenge. Get ready!

Bethany @ Athletic Avocado
    December 21, 2015 at 7:22 am

I’m definelty type A and a somewhat introvert! I do make recipes a few months in advance only because Im in college and I need to save them up! These cups are super unique and delicious take on peanut butter cups!
    Bethany @ Athletic Avocado recently posted…Healthy Carrot Cake Fruit Butter

The Healthy Maven
      December 30, 2015 at 8:24 am

I hear ya! I can’t imagine how challenging it must be to balance blogging in college. Kudos to you!

Kelly @ Eat the Gains
    December 21, 2015 at 11:26 am

I am definitely type A and an introvert. Once people get to know me though, I’m not as quiet. I suck at planning ahead of time though for my blog. I am definitely going to work on that for next year and really try to put a lot my focus into it. Hope you have a lovely holiday!!
    Kelly @ Eat the Gains recently posted…Roasted Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese, Pomegranates, and Rosemary

The Healthy Maven
      December 30, 2015 at 8:25 am

Hope you had a lovely holiday as well! I tend to pull the extrovert out of introverts because I keep talking until they engage haha. I can’t help it 😉

Kerri McGrail
    December 21, 2015 at 9:55 pm

Oh yum- love the addition of maple syrup in these! Also, I don’t know if I fit one mold per say- I’m so different in all aspects of my life. I don’t plan blog posts ahead, nor am i super quiet. However, I tend to turn inward and self- analyze the things that I do. I’m type A in that I always want to get “A’s” on everything in school, but I don’t write down exams/assignments in my planner (I just memorize them instead). So, I guess I am not sure which I would be- ha! Somewhere in the middle i think.

The Healthy Maven
      December 30, 2015 at 8:13 am

haha YUP same here. I have perfectionist tendencies but I’m also disorganized and all over the place! I guess that’s what keeps people interesting, right?! 🙂

Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A.
    December 23, 2015 at 2:14 pm

I just so happen to have ALL four of these ingredients!! Score! I know what I’ll be munching on while binging on Netfix this week! Enjoy your well deserved break 🙂 xoxo
    Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A. recently posted…Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken + Seasonal Vegetables

The Healthy Maven
      December 30, 2015 at 8:11 am

Hope you enjoyed! Netflix and I are getting SUPER close this week. I just crushed 3 seasons of Scandal lol

Chrissa - Physical Kitchness
    December 26, 2015 at 1:18 pm

OMG I would LOVE to have my sh*t together 3 months in advance! Seriously a dream. I’m lucky if I have it a week in advance. Life is too damn crazy. Hope you are enjoying your time in MN and had a wonderful holiday Davida! I love this recipe – the maple pecan butter is something I can basically build a little butter igloo and live in it like for’eva
    Chrissa – Physical Kitchness recently posted…Five Rules for Holiday Eating

The Healthy Maven
      December 30, 2015 at 8:09 am

aka my dream in life. I’ll get back to you once I have that igloo built 😉