round-up

Hearty Vegan Meals For The Man In Your Life

February 5, 2016

The way to man’s heart is through his stomach so why not feed him ALL THE PLANTS with these man-friendly vegan meal ideas. Recipes even the carnivore in your life will love.

The way to man's heart is through his stomach so why not feed him ALL THE PLANTS with these man-friendly vegan meal ideas. Recipes even the carnivore in your life will love.

Roses are red, violets are blue, you are vegan and you want your boyfriend to be just like you!

It’s February, the month of pancakes, fashion and most importantly (depending who you ask) love! Cliché tells us that the best way to celebrate is with chocolate, something bubbly and all things pink, red and fluffy. But really, how CLICHÉ is that?

This year, skip the cheese (literally), and celebrate with a very vegan Valentine’s Day!

There is no doubt that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so we have rounded up our favorite vegan recipes to wow that special carnivore in your life. Nothing say’s I love you like a bowl of beans (wink face emoji)!

*sidenote: before you jump on us for making gender stereotypes, know that I totally asked Jess to put together this round-up for entirely selfish reasons. C and I have transitioned to a plant-based diet and I’ll admit it’s been a bit of a struggle to find meals that suit my carnivore man. Of course, not all men are carnivores and I love me a good herbivore, male or female! Read on…

1. Tofu Scramble from It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken

9. Quinoa Tortilla Soup from The Healthy Maven
Quinoa-Tortilla-Soup-4-2

10. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches from Vegan Yumminess
Grilled-Cheese-Sandwiches-1

11. Eggplant Gyros from Delish Knowledge
veganeggplantgyro1

12. Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta Salad with Kale and Artichokes from The Healthy Maven
Sun-Dried-Tomato-Pesto-Pasta-Salad-with-Kale-and-Artichokes-4

13. Vegan Wonton Soup from Cilantro and Citronella
Vegetarian-Wonton-Soup

14. Beer Mac n’ Cheese from Simply Quinoa
Beer-Mac-and-Cheese-Queen-of-Quinoa

15. Portobello Pups from Love and Lemons
IMG_0012-2

16. Fettuccine Kalefredo from Oh My Veggies
vegan_fettuccine_kalefredo

17. Thai Quinoa Casserole from The Healthy Maven
Thai-Quinoa-Casserole-3-2

18. Easy Vegan Ramen from Minimalist Baker
AMAZING-Vegan-Ramen-with-just-10-ingredients-Simple-methods-plant-based-SO-delicious-vegan-recipe-ramen-soup-healthy-dinner

19. Tempeh And Kale Enchilada Casserole from Hummusapien

Baked-Butternut-Squash-Mac-and-Cheese-4

24. Pasta with Vegan Meat Sauce from Fooduzzi
pasta-with-vegan-meat-sauce-19

25. Thai Red Curry from Cookie + Kate
thai-red-curry-recipe-with-vegetables-0

26. Hearty Portobello Kale Lasagna from SpabettieHearty-Portobello-Kale-Lasagna

Are the men in your life carnivores, herbivores, omnivores?! Feel free to drop a link to your favorite plant-based meal recipe below!

Marina @ A Dancer's Live-It
    February 5, 2016 at 7:53 am

These all look amazing!!! I love making vegan meals for my CARNIVORE boyfriend and watch as he eats the food without question…and then I tell him what he actually ate and he’s amazed!! These are awesome recipes, thank you for sharing! I absolutely LOVE your blog <3
    Marina @ A Dancer’s Live-It recently posted…So What’s the Deal with “Paleo”?

February 7, 2016 at 11:23 am

Sometimes you have to be super secretive about it and trick them into it 😉

Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen
    February 5, 2016 at 8:52 am

lol I. LOVE. THIS. Like I said on FB, literally just had a vegan discussion with my hubs last night. He is SO ridiculous sometimes. He likes to think the Finding Vegans recipe website is a dating website for single vegans… not even kidding.
    Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen recently posted…Figuring Out Healthy Eating

February 7, 2016 at 11:27 am

hahahahahahahahahaha he may be right…just swipe right and you’ve got your perfect vegan match!

Kayla
    February 5, 2016 at 8:56 am

This is a super creative blog post idea! 🙂

Jen @ pretty little grub
    February 5, 2016 at 9:40 am

Love this roundup. I’ve been preparing a lot more vegetarian foods. Usually my husband is okay with it, occasionally he complains so these would be good ones to add.

February 7, 2016 at 10:59 am

It’s all about experimentation and finding what everyone can enjoy. Taking a bit longer than expected though 😉

Sam ~ it doesn't taste like chicken
    February 5, 2016 at 9:52 am

Ooooh look at all that manliness! I feel my chest hairs sprouting as we speak. Hahaha, ew, no.
    Thank you for including my tofu scramble! 🙂
    Sam ~ it doesn’t taste like chicken recently posted…DIY Vegan Cookbook Review

February 7, 2016 at 10:58 am

hahahahaha. I think a breakfast date is necessary some day soon 🙂

February 5, 2016 at 11:07 am

These can also be perfect for yourself–well, I’m referring to myself because I’m single this year! LOL! I can just eat these recipes ALL BY MYSELF XD
    Cassie recently posted…Crustless Chocolate Cake (vegetarian, single-serving, high protein, gluten free, adapted from Josie Mai)

dixya | food, pleasure, and health
    February 5, 2016 at 1:33 pm

while my man and i dont practice veganism, we’d both be down for this.
    dixya | food, pleasure, and health recently posted…Virual Coffee Date

ACKTIVE LIFE
    February 5, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Sadly there are no men in my life right now, but sometimes I do eat like a man…HAHA! So many of these recipes look delicious…Love the look of that eggplant gyro…YUMMY! Happy “early” Valentine’s Day!

February 7, 2016 at 10:57 am

me tooooo! I cannot wait to make the eggplant gyro!

Alexa [fooduzzi.com]
    February 5, 2016 at 4:58 pm

This idea is BRILLIANT! I’m lucky to have a boyfriend who enjoys eating plant-based almost as much as I do! He’s still a meat-eater at times, but he’ll happily sit down to a vegan meal most of the time! Thank you so much for including my Vegan Meat Sauce!
    Alexa [fooduzzi.com] recently posted…Gluten Free Vegan Do-Si-Dos

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons
    February 5, 2016 at 5:40 pm

The stuffed french toast is totally happening here! Thanks so much for the link love — sharing! <3
    Jenn @ Peas and Crayons recently posted…Healthy Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad

Patricia @Sweet and Strong
    February 5, 2016 at 6:57 pm

This is amazing! I tried to do a ‘meatless Monday’ once and made veggie burgers and my husband looked at me like I was crazy. He definitely prefers meat, but I try to eat one or two vegan dinners a week, but it’s hard making two separate dishes. I can’t wait to try some of these!
    Patricia @Sweet and Strong recently posted…Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

February 7, 2016 at 10:54 am

I hear ya lady! Trying to transition to plant-based hasn’t been easier but we’re getting there 😉

Emilie @ Emilie Eats
    February 7, 2016 at 6:36 pm

Ooooh this round-up is perfect! My boyfriend just bought PEA protein (he’s been using this nasty beef protein) and he’s recently found a love for spaghetti squash, lentils, and any roasted veggie. I’d call that a WIN. Def whipping these up for him (and me, because I basically eat like a man).
    Emilie @ Emilie Eats recently posted…Roasted Chickpea Salad with Vegan Ranch Dressing

February 9, 2016 at 7:27 am

OY to beef protein haha. We will eventually convert them over to the dark side 😉

Stella @ Stellicious Life
    February 11, 2016 at 9:48 am

You are a mindreader Davida! Though I’m not vegan, I like to follow a more plant-based diet and my Boyfriend is very carnivore. Though to be fair, he is open to new things: once he tried my avocado chocolate pudding he bacme a fan, same with guacamole, veggie burgers, etc. He also tells me he can forsake meat some meals if the vegetarian/vegan meal I’ll cook is flavourful and filling enough. I was in desperate need for inspiration, so thanks for the selection, I’ll show it to him and let him pick what I’ll make next as an experiment 🙂
    Stella @ Stellicious Life recently posted…Oriental Lentil Casserole

February 12, 2016 at 9:17 am

So I not-so-secretly had Jess put this round-up together just so I could have C point out which ones he’d like haha. Made my meal planning infinitely easier!

Samantha
    December 25, 2016 at 1:48 am

Cool recipes, but there’s no need to pander so hard to heterosexual women in relationships where the man needs a lot of convincing to eat vegan foods. Not everyone’s experiences are like your own.

Roshani
    January 13, 2017 at 3:19 am

Oh my! Hubby would love this! Pinning now! Thanks for sharing!!

Shilpa
    May 3, 2017 at 2:09 am

Mmmmmm…..yum. This looks totally amazing. I’m just starring at the screen looking at how delicious they look.