breakfast gluten-free paleo snacks vegan

Very Berry Chia Pudding

March 27, 2016

Better stock up on those chia seeds cause you’re going to love this Very Berry Chia Pudding. Made with a triple berry punch, this healthy snack or breakfast recipe is full of protein and fiber to keep you full for hours.Better stock up on those chia seeds cause you're going to love this Very Berry Chia Pudding. Make with a triple berry punch, this healthy snack or breakfast recipe is full of protein and fiber to keep you full for hours.

Allow me to tell you a story about the day I ate my words (in addition to this chia pudding…).

Last week I was on vacation with my C and my parents in Arizona. My parents were wondering who in the hell I was talking to while taking video of myself on my iPhone. “Why of course, it’s my snapchat friends!” At this point, C is used to the insane amount of selfies (and pictures of Rhett) that I take for snapchat, but my parents were a bit thrown off.

This called for a Snapchat tutorial…

Better stock up on those chia seeds cause you're going to love this Very Berry Chia Pudding. Make with a triple berry punch, this healthy snack or breakfast recipe is full of protein and fiber to keep you full for hours.Now for most of my life I have given my Mom a lot of flack for her less than stellar track record with technology. My Dad was always the tech wiz and seeing as I was basically born into a computer, technology has been pretty intuitive for me since 1989. I mean I run a blog for god’s sake…

But Snapchat is another ball-game of technology. Trying to explain why a video or picture that lasts 10 seconds and only lives on for 24 hours is valuable is kind of a tricky conversation to have.

In hindsight, it was a walk in the park compared to when they asked for a step-by-step tutorial of how to use Snapchat.

Better stock up on those chia seeds cause you're going to love this Very Berry Chia Pudding. Make with a triple berry punch, this healthy snack or breakfast recipe is full of protein and fiber to keep you full for hours.Being, the kind daughter that I am, I totally went Team Dad and attempted walking my Dad through how to use Snapchat. C was courageous and went Team Mom.

Well, it turns out I was very very wrong.

Either C is an incredible teacher, or I’ve been underestimating my Mom’s technology skills my entire life.

As I type this I have received THREE snaps from my mother. The selection has included selfies, photos of my Dad passed out, text on photos and even improvised drawing. We’re not quite ready for face swapping but the variety has been quite impressive.

Meanwhile, I’ve received NOT A THING from my Dad. My protege failed me and the underdog won this one.

So Mom, I’m totally eating this chia pudding but also my words, because you’ve blown all of my expectations out of the water. Expect an apologetic Snapchat from me ASAP.

Very Berry Chia Pudding

PREP TIME 2 mins

• 2 cups non-dairy milk (I like almond or coconut)
  • 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
  • 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen*
  • 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
  • 2-3 tbsp pure maple syrup, to taste
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1. Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl or mason jar. If using a bowl transfer to a large container or mason jar once mixed.
  2. Store in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 8 hours.
  3. Serve cold.

Notes

*if using fresh blueberries, I find you get more blueberry flavor if you mash them up a bit. This is not the case with frozen.

Are your parents on Snapchat? ARE YOU? Let’s be friends! I’m @TheHealthyMaven.

Stella @ Stellicious Life
    March 28, 2016 at 2:52 am

Hi Davida, Happy Easter! Nope, my parents are not fan of and active on social media, they don’t have IG, Pinterest, Twitter or Snapchat accounts. My dad is on FB but he doesn’t use it. Personally I’m happy that they got on board with smartphones and are using What’s App, Viber and sending photos well. So hats off to your Mom! I’m really curious and a bit fearful about thinking how we would compare to our parents vs, technology when we are that age since technology is developing at such a fast pace.

I’m not on Snapchat, that is a social media I haven’t joined yet, the others keep me more than busy for the time being, I try to catch up first.

This Very Berry Chia Pudding looks delish, I just made a simply blueberry one this weekend, and we loved it 🙂
    Stella @ Stellicious Life recently posted…Oriental Lentil Casserole

March 30, 2016 at 8:36 am

haha I hear ya! It’s all moving so quickly, sometimes I even feel like I can’t keep up! My current favorite is definitely snapchat. With social media feeling so curated, it’s the only one that really feels like it’s happening “in real time”!

Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen
    March 28, 2016 at 9:31 am

I’ve never made a berry chia pudding before! Sounds incredible.

And good job Mom! Parents and technology are fun 😉
    Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen recently posted…Peanut Butter Protein Oat Bars

Mark Forge
    March 28, 2016 at 11:07 am

Heard a lot of good stuff about chia seeds, have never tried them. They also seem crazy expensive, where I live. What do they taste like?
    Mark Forge recently posted…Top 5 Protein Sources for Weight Loss

March 30, 2016 at 8:46 am

honestly, they don’t have much taste. They take on the taste of whatever flavour you add. They’re nutrition powerhouses so worth the investment for me!

Emilie @ Emilie Eats
    March 28, 2016 at 12:31 pm

Hahaha, the things that parents use technology for actually crack me up. My mom asked me to make her an Instagram JUST so she can see my food pictures – I’m literally the one one she follows.
    Emilie @ Emilie Eats recently posted…Teriyaki Tempeh Lettuce Wraps

Bita
    March 28, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Hey Davida, go mom! I’m happy my mom has picked up texting…it took a very long time. SnapChatting is Way out of her league. I think our teenaged daughters are slightly horrified that I’m on SnapChat although all their friends are following OvenHug and that’s pretty cute 🙂 I cannot get over the colors of this chia pudding! Either you have a fantastic filter or this thing is amazing! Probably both. thanks for sharing, we’ll try it!

kelli
    April 2, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Love this! Did you cut, dice, mash or blend all the berries? That color is lovely!

April 2, 2016 at 9:54 pm

Just mixed! It takes on the bright blue color if you use frozen blueberries or mash fresh blueberries 🙂

Sasha
    April 17, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Please help! I wanna jump on the chia band wagon.. But I don’t have a mason jar.. Is it just for looks? Can I cover the bowl with plastic wrap!? Anxiously awaiting your wisdom. S

April 17, 2016 at 7:29 pm

for sure! As long as it’s airtight you’ll be fine 🙂

Barbara
    July 3, 2016 at 11:00 pm

Thank you for this fabulous recipe! I made this after Tasty Yummies reposted your recipe on her FB page and I am super glad I did. We’ve now made this three times in the past week and my daughter requested it for her birthday breakfast. It’s super easy to throw together at night and great to wake up, knowing there is a tasty breakfast all ready to go in the fridge. I am looking forward to exploring your blog!

Kelly Renee
    August 3, 2016 at 4:08 pm

So, I’m unfortunately allergic to strawberries (breaks my heart!), but am I correct in assuming that I could just up the other two kinds of berries to 3/4 cup each and still end up with something delicious? Or is there another fruit you would recommend as a sub?

Rick N
    March 16, 2017 at 11:18 am

Excellent recipe and your pictures are stunning! My fiance and I are planning on trying to make this on Sunday. I’ll let you know how it goes.
    Rick N recently posted…Is Rice Fattening?

Tina B
    March 22, 2017 at 8:26 pm

If using frozen berries, do you need to thaw them first?

Kiley
    August 25, 2017 at 10:32 pm

I was so excited to try this but I waited too long and didn’t have berries. I tried this with about a cup of diced fresh peach instead and added a dash of cinnamon. It was wonderful! Thanks for sharing!