Chocolate meets coffee in these Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies. Your ultimate indulgences just got a healthy makeover with these gluten-free, vegan and paleo cookies.
My morning cup of joe is truly the highlight of my day and along with breakfast is the main reason I get up in the morning. I am NOT a morning person so the only way I bear the world in the AM is by drinking my coffee.
I’ve always said that coffee makes me a better person, and I think anyone who has ever interacted with me in the morning can attest to that!
So when Nespresso – Canada reached out about becoming part of their Coffee Connoisseur Club, I nearly peed myself. What I didn’t anticipate was that when I got home from Arizona, I’d discover that Nespresso sent me a year’s supply worth of coffee and enough machines to open up a Nespresso pop-up shop out of my apartment.
To say that I was in heaven would be an understatement.
Naturally, the only thing to do would be to think outside of the bean (and limit yourself to one cup a day to avoid over-caffeination…). And that’s how we landed on these Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies.
So what if I told you that you could have your coffee and eat it too? Yes, my friends, I have given all of you coffee-freaks the best and healthiest cookie (seriously, they’re gluten-free, vegan AND paleo what the whaaaaat?) that also tastes like a mocha party in your mouth.
Because the only thing better than coffee is chocolate + coffee.
I used my new Nespresso Prodigio Machine, which has subsequently become the greatest thing that has happened to me in 2016. Besides these cookies of course 😉
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine almond butter and espresso.
- Stir in flax, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking soda and sea salt until it all comes together.
- Stir in chocolate.
- If mixture is a little wet (this will depend on your almond butter), place batter in fridge for 30 mins to set.
- Roll dough into 1 tbsp sized balls and flatten with palm directly onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 mins. Remove from oven and let cool on sheet for 10 mins before removing from sheet. This step is important, do not attempt to remove them from the sheet before 10 mins is up.
- Remove from sheet and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Nespresso – Canada. I was compensated for my time, however all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that help make THM possible and bring more delicious recipes your way!
Are you a coffee drinker? Have you ever made a recipe with coffee or espresso?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!