fitness Live

My Challenge To You…

August 23, 2016

I’ve oftentimes struggled to define the blog within the healthy living sphere. I’m not a fitness blog or a running blog. I don’t exclusively share healthy recipes or the latest nutrition craze. I chat about healthy living. Not about living for health. But perhaps more importantly, I chat about my healthy life.

Looking to move your body more intuitively? The Move30 challenge is a 30 day-challenge to help you get active without pushing your body to extremes.I remember my pre-blogging days when my blog reader was full of 100+ healthy living blogs that I used to inspire and motivate me. I did every squat challenge and diet clean-up. Besides my inability to follow recipes, I was every blogger’s dream reader. But with every new piece of advice and life-changing tip, I failed to account for the fact that as much as I considered these bloggers my friends, they didn’t know the first thing about me. I was following what they decided was healthy.

This has been a driving factor since the start of The Healthy Maven. I will never tell you how to live your life. I will never tell you to go vegan, only do HIIT workouts and drink bone broth every day. I share my life in the hopes that it will inspire you to try out something new in yours. If it fits, awesome. If not, onto the next thing!

Looking to move your body more intuitively? The Move30 challenge is a 30 day-challenge to help you get active without pushing your body to extremes.But here I am feeling as though I have failed you by omitting a huge aspect of healthy living here on the blog, exercise. When I started THM I would share workouts that I was doing, but quickly realized that with no credentials and absolutely no understanding of who you are, I should never be telling you how to move your body! There are so many qualified people out there to do that. But the honest reason why I haven’t shared much about my exercise routine lately is entirely because I don’t have one. Ever since I gave up exercise for a month, I have been learning and embracing how to move my body intuitively. Accepting that simply moving is enough!

What I wish every blogger had told me when I was an avid reader is precisely this message.

To move your body everyday in whatever way makes you feel awesome.

A part of me feels sad that this message isn’t encouraged nearly as often as it should be, but also fortunate to be in a position to share it. I make no judgements if that 30-day squat challenge or diet clean-up works for you. I think it’s incredible how many resources there are out there to support whatever goal you may have.

But in my experience, these challenges focused too much on the finish line, and not on the journey. The Kim Kardashian booty and flat abs never brought the happiness I thought they would bring. These challenges made promises on how I would look, but never on how I might feel.

So in the hopes of inspiring some or many of you out there that could use a message like this, I present to you the #Move30 challenge.

The challenge is simple, for the next 30 days move your body every day for 30 minutes. That’s it. 30 minutes of your entire day. You can go to the gym, go on a run or throw on a podcast and head out on a walk!

Maybe you bike to work or walk the stairs on your lunch break. Maybe you’ll play tennis or squat for 30. Or if you’re deep in the midst of puppy training like I am, head out on dog walk! How you move is up to you. All I ask is that you move. Plain and simple.

Looking to move your body more intuitively? The Move30 challenge is a 30 day-challenge to help you get active without pushing your body to extremes.I think all of us need to be reminded that there is no best way to exercise. There are so many people out there, myself included whose goals aren’t to have a 6-pack or benchpress 250 lbs. I’m trying to be strong enough to live my life, not qualify for the olympics. And if your goals are different than mine, you get to be the one to decide how to fill your 30!

So today I’m committing to move 30 minutes every single day for the next 30 days. I’m extending this challenge to you and would love to see both your creative or not-so-creative ways you’re moving your booties!

This challenge is for anyone who is:

-looking to move their body more intuitively

-exercise from a place of self-love, not from a place of self-hate

-wanting to discover new and innovative ways to enjoy exercise

-up for enjoying the journey, not just the endgame

Feel free to share your experiences over on social by using the hashtag #move30 or if you’re looking for an accountability partner, join the THM tribe so we can all support each other on this journey.

And it certainly doesn’t hurt to look and feel fresh when getting your groove on! I have been totally digging Old Navy Active because it is awesomely comfortable (totally passed the squat test!) and doesn’t break the bank. You’ll find me living in their compression leggings for the rest of the year.

I hope you’re as excited about the #move30 challenge as I am! I cannot wait to see how you guys embrace the challenge and what you take away from it.

Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Old Navy. They asked me to participate in a healthy lifestyle challenge. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make THM possible!

SHOP THIS POST | White Top | Purple Top | Pink Sports Bra | Black Sports Bra | Grey Compression Leggings | Camo Leggings

Will you be joining me in the #Move30 Challenge? Have you tried Old Navy Activewear?

WANT MORE HEALTHY LIVING TIPS? Join the THM Community!

Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive info about healthy living, products I'm loving and tips and tricks on making a healthy lifestyle easier and sustainable.

Kelsey Yoki
    August 23, 2016 at 7:14 am

Can’t wait for this! It’s almost like you knew I was taking a break from CrossFit. This will motivate me to get out for walks, or to do some ROMWOD in my day to fill in those 30 minutes. Also very excited to be a part of the THM Tribe!
    Kelsey Yoki recently posted…When Your Heart Hurts.

Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen
    August 23, 2016 at 8:31 am

Ah I think this is so awesome Davida! You amaze me every day. No joke <3

Jocelyne
    August 23, 2016 at 8:47 am

Oh you are so right. I am heading to the Carribean and US in two weeks but I think I will have a lot of movement.

With your dog I think you are very active. At least 3 times a day for about 30 minutes, I think you’ll win the challenge 🙂

Thank you for the inspiration!

August 23, 2016 at 11:19 am

The best part about the challenge is that you can do it from anywhere! I find I’m generally more active when I’m on vacation – minus not having the pups to keep me moving 😉

Lindsey Bomgren
    August 23, 2016 at 8:51 am

I love it! Bringing movement to the masses and inspiring people to move in a way that feels good for them — that’s what it’s all about! xo-Linds
    Lindsey Bomgren recently posted…want that bod: 30 minute total body workout with wantable

August 23, 2016 at 11:20 am

Don’t I know it! You’re a huge inspo to me and of course my go-to for when I hit the gym or the barre! xoxo

Danielle
    August 23, 2016 at 8:56 am

I love the whole sentiment behind this post! There can be a LOT of info out there in the blog world – which is both helpful and overwhelming. I find a lot of people I talk to are hesitant to get into exercising and working out because they don’t like going to the gym or don’t want to take a fitness class. Changing the focus to just moving is awesome!

I recently got hooked on Old Navy activewear, especially their capris! Inexpensive and not see through. Haha.
    Danielle recently posted…Portland Marathon Training Reflections: Week 10

August 23, 2016 at 11:21 am

YES! I cannot stand when I buy a pair of leggings but then I bend over and you can see my whole butt LOL. I’m so happy you’re digging the challenge. I know you totally get my sentiment and it’s been awesome to watch your journey as you move more intuitively! Thanks for being so supportive, lovely!

Jo @ Living Mint Green
    August 23, 2016 at 11:27 am

Why hello there ol’ friend!

I love that you’ve partnered with Old Navy for this campaign… I gotta say, most of their workout gear ROCKS! I love their capris & cute tank tops.
    Jo @ Living Mint Green recently posted…Weekend: Lake & Glacial Exploration

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious
    August 23, 2016 at 11:51 am

I absolutely love this Davida! Before I started my own blog, I was a huge fan of yours and this is why. You are at the average person’s level. That’s what I strive to be as well. There are so many people who just need the basics and sometimes I really struggle with what I see in the healthy blogging community. It’s too far advanced for these people. I just started my nutrition practice and every time I meet a new client I am constantly reminded of this. Please don’t let go of this. Love you and your blog!
    Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious recently posted…Healthy 30 Minute Week Night Meals With Prep Tips

Lindsey
    August 23, 2016 at 12:02 pm

I love this!! I’ve been trying for months now for something to motivate me! And this did it

Yay!!! so excited

Suzanne
    August 23, 2016 at 2:31 pm

LOVE this! I’m heading out to Europe today, so my activity for the next two weeks will be ample walking, bike riding, and maybe a quick HIIT or two when the 3 oclock slump hits! After that I am super pumped to be enrolled in tap dancing classes starting mid-September, and also signed up for a sick deal at a Moksha studio! Whoo!

LOVE that the blog is becoming more authentically YOU! Congrats for taking the leap in trusting yourself :*
    Hope we can catch up soon 🙂
    Su

Casey the College Celiac
    August 23, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Heck to the yes!!! Fitness is all about finding what workout routine “fits” you and rolling with it – I wish more bloggers shared your sentiments. I’m seeing lots of cliffside walks with friends in my next 30 days!
    Casey the College Celiac recently posted…What You Should Be (But Probably Aren’t) Thinking About Invisible Illnesses

August 29, 2016 at 9:34 am

That sounds so nice! I’m glad you support this movement and know you’ll be a huge inspiration to others to move more intuitively xox

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl
    August 26, 2016 at 3:26 pm

You’re so pretty. The End. 🙂

Stella @ Stellicious Life
    September 6, 2016 at 6:35 am

Sounds great, it’s totally something I’d love to join. Naturally I’m slim and kind of a sloth, so I tend to slack on working out but I would like to incorporate more physical activity (more than my daily walks to and from work) into my days for my health.
    Stella @ Stellicious Life recently posted…Blueberry Cheesecake (Gluten and Refined Sugar-free)

September 12, 2016 at 5:59 pm

I love this challenge! I try the Move30 or Move31 challenge pretty much twelve times a year! 😀
    Cassie recently posted…2-Ingredient Sweet Potato Flatbreads

Mariana Borges
    January 25, 2017 at 6:59 pm

I liked this ideia 🙂

Loved the concept of “move to be healthy” and I also started a fez days ago a serie of challenges if you want to check out 🙂

It’s on a youtube channel

Bye, have fun and keep the good work 🙂