The perfect vegetarian meal all in one pot with the best vegetarian quinoa chili! This recipe tastes just like traditional chili but with quinoa instead of meat, plus a secret ingredient!
As more and more food blogs pop up, the industry is becoming increasingly saturated with recipes. Don’t get me wrong, I’m the first person to applaud there being open access to blogging and providing people who might otherwise not have a platform, a place for them to share their voice. However, it also means that you can get caught in the “innovation trap” instead of sharing what you really want to share.
If it’s all been done before, what’s the point in sharing another vegetarian quinoa chili recipe?
This is when I turn to this video from Marie Forleo to remind myself (and hopefully you) why sometimes it’s worth sharing something that’s already been done before.
At the end of the day, every audience is different and every voice is different. Sure, it doesn’t exactly win the SEO game, but you know what beats SEO? Authenticity and being true to your passion rather than just trying to stand out and be different.
It’s something that I’m trying to keep in mind as I draft my content calendar and figure out exactly what I want to share with you guys. It’s become less about, “how do I stand out?” and more about “how can I be valuable and useful, while also remaining me in the process”.
Sometimes this means sharing things that have been done before, but always in my voice and in my way. It’s been a good learning lesson for me (one of many I’ve taken away from writing this blog) that being unique doesn’t always mean being different. But before I get all carried away in my bowl of chili reflections, I’ll leave you to make this recipe and decide for yourself. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts!Print
The Best Vegetarian Quinoa Chili
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers (any color), seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15 oz cans of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small can green chili peppers
- 2 cups of water or stock
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 piece of dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- In a large pot add onion and 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cook on medium for 3-5 mins or until translucent
- Add bell peppers and cook for 2 mins.
- Add quinoa, tomatoes, beans, green chilies, water and spices.
- Bring pot to a boil and then cover and lower to a simmer for 30 mins.
- Remove lid and give it a good stir and cook for an additional 10 mins or until chili has thickened up and quinoa has absorbed liquid.
- Add in dark chocolate and maple syrup and stir until melted and combined.
- Serve warm with avocado, cheese, sour cream or toppings of choice.
Go watch this video (it’s quick!) and let me hear your thoughts. I’d love to chat more about what uniqueness means to you.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!