breakfast gluten-free oatmeal/granola

The Ultimate Pumpkin Spice Granola

October 14, 2016

There are plenty of pumpkin spice recipes out there, but none as good as the ultimate pumpkin spice granola. The perfect breakfast recipe for your yogurt, smoothie or simply on its own. Good luck not eating this by the handful!I was so excited to receive my copy of In the Company of Women to my kindle when it was released. I’m a big Design*Sponge fan and of course am all about female-run businesses and badasses so this was a book that I couldn’t wait to be released.

The book is full of 100 interviews with women in business giving their best advice and inspirational stories. I expected a lot of their journeys would resonate with me, but I never could have anticipated how much I’d connect with each and every woman in the book.

A common theme I noticed was when asked how they deal with tension or challenge in the workplace, a good number of these ladies responded that they talk it out with their teams. They get real and vulnerable and share how they’re feeling so they can work through to the other side.

Now I don’t have a big team (a small but mighty one!) but I also have all of YOU. It made me realize how much I depend on you to help me through those shit just hit the fan moments. How I’ve never shared my feelings with you and NOT come out feeling better.

After writing this post, I was clearly in a weird place. But you guys, my tribe, my team, my people helped me through it. And the other day on a walk with Lee I was explaining to her how I finally feel like I’m back. Like I’ve hit my stride again and I’m ready to tackle the challenges and triumphs of running this blog.

You helped me rediscover my voice and find confidence in sharing the recipes I make all the time, even if other people have done a version x1000 before.

I just wanted to say thank you and let you know how truly grateful I am for every single one of you. I know a batch of the Ultimate Pumpkin Spice Granola won’t make up for everything you’ve given me, but I thought I’d try.

Bon appetit and happy pumpkin season!

The Ultimate Pumpkin Spice Granola

PREP TIME 10 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Yields 8 cups     adjust servings

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Mix all dry ingredients together.
  3. Add in vanilla, pumpkin, coconut oil and maple syrup and stir to combine.
  4. Place mixture on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
  5. Add in optional egg white at this point.
  6. Bake for 15 mins.
  7. Remove from oven and turn over as much of the granola as you can.
  8. Place back in oven for another 15 mins.
  9. Remove from oven, and let cool for 20 mins before placing in a sealed jar or container.
  10. Will keep for at least 2 weeks (if it lasts that long!)

Notes

*this helps to create clusters but is totally optional.

Share with me some female business owners who inspire you!

Jessica Beacom | The Real Food Dietitians
    October 14, 2016 at 9:15 am

Oh my pumpkin, Davida! You’re blowing my mind here with this granola. Thanks for the book rec- I definitely need to start reading about things outside of food.

I really admire two female biz owners – Megan Reamer of Jackson’s Honest & Nova Covington of Goddess Garden- for their passion and drive.
    Jessica Beacom | The Real Food Dietitians recently posted…Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting

October 14, 2016 at 10:02 am

I haven’t heard of either of them but I’m so excited to check them out! Hope you enjoy the book. It’s a great read!

becky kelly
      September 15, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Do you have nutritional info, particularly sugar and carb content.? It looks delicious!

Marina @ A Dancer's Live-It
    October 14, 2016 at 10:19 am

Love, love, love this granola recipe, and I love that I already have all the ingredients! 🙂 So without being too much of a brown-noser, YOU and Lee inspire me! You guys are killin’ it!!! Other mentionable women are Monique of Ambitious Kitchen, Amy of Amy’s Healthy Baking, and Maddy Moon.
    Marina @ A Dancer’s Live-It recently posted…Friday Top 3’s: #16

Beverley @ Born to Sweat
    October 14, 2016 at 10:38 am

yay, i’m so pleased to hear you are feeling back to normal 🙂 it’s never a good feeling when everything just seems… off somehow. this granola looks amazing! i love the huge clusters.
    Beverley @ Born to Sweat recently posted…Once-Through Butt and Thigh Workout

October 14, 2016 at 10:55 am

All about the egg white for the clusters! I’m sure you also know that unsettled feeling that comes with moving. Looking like you’re settled now and have your selfie mirror back in place 😉

Danie
    October 14, 2016 at 9:30 pm

Hey hey! I don’t usually comment on the blogs I read, but I’m so in love with the transparency in your posts.

There’s so so so much content in this space, so it’s different and incredibly refreshing to read genuine posts that aren’t clouded with a sense of trying to please the community and it’s readers. So thank you, thank you for being real.

Also, this granola looks bomb. Also, I’ve been listening to the Blissful Bites podcast and am totally loving hearing everyone’s stories! Lady bosses are the best.

October 17, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Aw thank you, Danie! Your comment is so appreciated. I try my best to keep things real and authentic. It’s nice to know it’s being noticed 🙂 Thank you for the support!

Pip
    October 15, 2016 at 4:06 am

This looks seriously delicious, pumpkin is a little harder to find over here in the U.K. (I can’t quite muster the courage to tackle a whole one!) but I am definitely going to have a try! Love the photos by the way, so autumnal, they’re beautiful!

Inspiring entrepreneurs – well it has to bloggers! Driving forward in a space that is STILL considered by many to be new/bizarre. And on that list – both you and Laura at Wholeheartedly Healthy, both so open and honest in your businesses, encouraging a fuss free approach to healthy living which I just love!

LAUREN
      November 24, 2016 at 12:53 pm

If you can’t find / don’t want fresh pumpkin, try canned, perhaps on the internet? If it’s not readily available in your area, you might order a case on the internet. It’s great for smoothies, muffins, pancakes, etc. but make sure it is just pumpkin, no sweetners or spices added. I make an energetic smoothie with it for the Vitamin A and beta carotene. Also, sometimes substituting sweet potato will work. Maybe bake one and whip it soft… 😉

Lee
    October 15, 2016 at 8:26 am

WE NEED TO GO ON MORE WALKS. <3 you.
    Lee recently posted…Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup with Kale

Danielle
    October 16, 2016 at 9:39 am

Glad you’re feeling like you’re hitting your stride again! I think it’s totally normal to feel in a bit of slump and then come back all the more motivated. I’ve started to notice that happening to me every couple months! A few weeks ago I went for dinner with 2 women I’ve volunteered with in the past and was completely inspired by them and how they’ve taken on different entrepreneurial ventures! One a photographer and the other artist. I’ve also been loving the Vancouver-based podcast She Built That – weekly interviews with female entrepreneurs. You are also a great inspiration for building your own business! 😉
    Danielle recently posted…Portland Marathon Training Reflections: Final Week 17

Stella @ Stellicious Life
    October 19, 2016 at 5:47 am

I always love granola, but this one filled with pumpkin spice AND pumpkin purée sounds divine! And these photos look like they came from a very rustic country-living cookbook, gorgeously styled, with that faded dark moodiness, wow.

Also big hugs! What you wrote resonates so much with me: I just realized lately that being alone for my blog really hinders my progress: when I hit doubting patches/slumps and there’s noone there to talk it through or motivate each other ends with me just taking a step back and give up (for the time being) until I get the next push of creativity and boost.

Glad you are feeling like you are over the slump and energized to go forward again! *hugs*
    Stella @ Stellicious Life recently posted…Blueberry Cheesecake (Gluten and Refined Sugar-free)

October 23, 2016 at 6:41 pm

Thanks, lovely! Took them over at Lee’s actually! Always here to talk too in case you hit one of those patches!

Nida
    October 24, 2016 at 3:09 pm

Looks delish!

Can you sub stevia for the maple syrup? If yes, any idea how much?

Thank you!

Alexa
    October 24, 2016 at 3:38 pm

just wanted to stop by and say I made this granola on Friday, and besides it being obviously delicious, my fiancé said it was ‘the best granola you’ve made yet’. so thanks!

Jack @ Gyminyourhome
    December 12, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Very interesting idea to use pumpkin. I will try this when I get bored of my usual granola again.
    Jack @ Gyminyourhome recently posted…101 Affordable Gifts for Gym and Fitness Fanatics

Garage Gym Planner
    January 5, 2017 at 2:30 am

I had never tasted Granola. But since it is added with pumpkin, I think I should start trying this 🙂

Amanda
    September 11, 2017 at 4:05 pm

Confused about the egg white? Mix it in on the tray or just pour over?

September 11, 2017 at 4:22 pm

Whip in a small bowl and then mix it into the bowl so it coats the granola before spreading onto the tray.