Posted by Davida @ The Healthy Mavenhttps://www.thehealthymaven.com/2017/11/my-go-to-healing-bowl.html
© 2017 The Healthy Maven. All rights reserved.
My Go-To Healing Bowl
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 30 mins
tbsp olive oil
large yellow onion, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
inch knob of ginger, peeled and minced
cups shitake mushrooms, chop off ends but keep stems and caps
cups chicken/vegetable stock
oz chicken breast
heads baby bok choy
tbsp red miso paste
tbsp rice wine vinegar
tsp sesame oil
salt and pepper, to taste
packages of rice noodles (I like Lotus Organic Brown Rice Noodles)
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stock and bring to a boil before lowering to a simmer.
- Add chicken breast and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes use tongs to remove the chicken and allow it to cool.
- Let soup simmer for 50 minutes.
- Once chicken is cool enough to cut, slice into small pieces and add back into broth.
- Add in bok choy and continue cooking until timer is up.
- In a small bowl combine, miso paste, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and 1 tbsp of soup broth. Stir until well combined.
- Add miso slurry into soup and stir until well-combined. Add salt and pepper. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the noodles according to package instruction.
- Add noodles to bowls and top with soup.
- Will keep for up to 1 week in refrigerator.