Posted by Davida @ The Healthy Mavenhttps://www.thehealthymaven.com/2017/11/roasted-acorn-squash-soup.html
© 2017 The Healthy Maven. All rights reserved.
Roasted Acorn Squash Soup
large acorn squash (around 6 cups chopped), peeled, seeded and chopped
tbsp olive oil (divided)
large yellow onion, chopped
garlic clove, minced
cups of vegetable stock
tsp dried coriander
tsp dried paprika
tsp dried cinnamon
tsp dried rosemary
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spread out acorn squash on tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions. Cook until transluscent (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in acorn squash and top with vegetable stock and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, bring soup to a simmer on low and let simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Turn of stove and allow soup to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Using a regular blender or immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. Add water or additional stock to soup if too thick for preference.
- Will keep for up to 1 week in refrigerator.