Baked Buffalo Chicken Fingers
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large egg
- 4 1/2 tbsp hot sauce of choice (reserve 3 tbsp for sauce)
- 2/3 cup almond meal (NOT almond flour)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee (or butter)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips.
- Beat egg in a large bowl and combine with 1 1/2 tbsp hot sauce
- In a separate bowl combine almond meal and spices.
- Dip 1 strip into egg mixture with left hand and place into almond-spice mixture and mix to coat with right hand.
- Place onto a a parchment or silicone-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining strips.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool on tray for 20 minutes
- In a large shallow pan, combine ghee and remained 3 tbsp of hot sauce until melted and combined.
- Using tongs or a fork, dip each chicken finger into sauce and flip to coat on both sides.
- Place back into tray to let soak in mixture for 10 minutes