Maple Roasted Squash with Tahini Yogurt Dressing
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
For the squash:
- 4 lbs mixed winter squash (delicata and acorn work best, but any winter squash will work. Just make sure to remove the skin if necessary)
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp maple syrup
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup greek, full fat Stonyfield yogurt (greek works best but full-fat plain works too)
- 1 tbsp + 3 tsp tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the squash into either rounds (delicata – can leave skin) or chunks (acorn). You want the pieces to be about an inch thick.
- Toss the squash with the maple syrup and avocado oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes, flipping halfway through. You want the squash to be soft on the inside and golden brown and caramelized on the outside.
- While the squash is roasting make the sauce by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until you have a smooth creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the squash either on a bed of the sauce or thin with water and drizzle the sauce over the squash like a dressing.
- Top with pomegranate seeds and pepitas/pumpkin seeds