You may have noticed with my gluten-free baking that I very rarely use all-purpose gluten-free flour. There are two reasons for this: 1) I am incredibly picky about taste and don’t seem to like a lot of the AP GF flours out there on the market and 2) There is something incredibly satisfying in getting the flour-to-starch ratios right and successfully pulling off a gluten-free recipe.
It also occurred to be that perhaps some of you might not actually enjoy buying all the different ingredients that go into baking gluten-free goods. It just might be easier to buy one giant sized bag and call it a day. Now this is not the end of my experimentation but it is comforting to know that when I am out of a certain ingredient or just don’t have the time, I can still bake to my little heart’s content!
Gluten-Free Blueberry “Bran” Muffins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Keywords: bake snack gluten-free blueberry muffin
Ingredients (Yields: 12 muffins)
- 1 1/2 cups GF Cereal Flakes (Mesa Flakes, Corn Flakes, Oat Flakes etc…)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup AP Gluten-Free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line a muffin tray with cup liners or grease each cup.
3. Combine flaked cereal and almond milk and let sit for 10 mins.
4. Combine all dry ingredients in a seperate bowl.
5. When 10 mins is up add the apple sauce, vanilla and egg to the cereal-milk mixture and combine well.
6. Add the wet mix to the dry and stir to combine.
7. Add in blueberries.
8. Fill each muffin tin evenly with muffin mixture.
9. Bake for 20 mins.
10. Let cool in tray for at least 10 mins. Remove and place on wire rack to cool completely.
Do you prefer experimenting with several ingredients or buying the pre-packaged stuff? Have you ever made your own gluten-free flour?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!