Anyone else dying from this heat? Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE summer but this heat is really getting to me. I truly do not understand how humanity was able to survive centuries with no A/C.
Even my early morning runs are a challenge. Despite getting up before the sun is blistering I still end up a sweaty mess. Until I take a cold shower and wash down an ice cold smoothie I am literally glistening. Even still, my face is beet-red for a solid 2 hours afterwards.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: Freeze: 4 hours
Keywords: no-bake dessert snack dairy-free gluten-free vegan popsicle summer
Ingredients (Yields: 6 (3oz) popsicles)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 can of lite coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 2 T agave nectar
- 6-10 drops liquid stevia (or more agave)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add chopped carrots.
2. Boil carrots on high for 10 mins (or until soft)
3. Strain carrots and let cool for 10 mins.
4. Add to a food processor or blender and process until broken down (may not be completely smooth but will reach this consistency once you add coconut milk).
5. Add coconut milk and process for another minute until well combined.
6. Add in spices and sweetener and continue processing until mixture is completely smooth. Stir in coconut flakes
7. Add mixture to popsicle molds. There may be a bit left over depending on the size of your carrots.
8. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
9. You may need to run the popsicle mold until hot water for a minute to release the popsicle.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!