Maybe the fact that these Double Chocolate Mini Protein Muffins are entirely grain-free will give me some applause from the paleo community? Doubtful, but for now they work for me. With 70 calories, 2 grams of fat and 6 grams of protein these muffins pack some serious bang for their buck. It’s a good thing since I can never stop at just one!
Double Chocolate Protein Mini Muffins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Keywords: bake dessert snack dairy-free gluten-free low-carb sugar-free chocolate banana muffin
Ingredients (Yields: 12 muffins)
- 3 scoops chocolate protein powder, about 1 cup (I used designer whey)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas- mashed
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 drops liquid stevia
- 2 T dairy-free chocolate chips (I used enjoy life mini chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a muffin tin with non-stick spray (I used coconut oil)
3. Combine dry ingredients (except chocolate chips).
4. In a separate bowl combine all wet ingredients.
5. Add wet to dry and stir well to combine all ingredients.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!