Get your Fall baking fix with these Grain-Free Chocolate Cranberry Cookies . Made with just 6 simple ingredients, these healthy chocolate cookies will hit the spot!
I don’t know about you, but come Fall all I want to do is stay in all weekend, drink tea and get crazy in the kitchen. My cupboard is stocked-full of pumpkin, I’ve got apples overflowing from the farmer’s market and I don’t need to bother turning the heat on because my oven warms up my tiny apartment for me.
As much as I love summer, I have zero desire to bake anything and seeing as baking is basically my favourite pass-time this is kind of soul-crushing.
But the temps have finally dropped and it’s socially acceptable for me to drop “pumpkin” into every conversation (I may or may not have already begun my gingerbread obsession…) and I’m kind of okay with it.
Because I have 6 more months of cold weather ahead of me it’s super important I be cautious about my treat consumption. It’s way too easy to go overboard on the sugar and carbs but it’s important to remember that we’re not bears and we don’t need to eat a small village in preparation for hibernation. Or maybe we are? Time to get my bear suit rady.
My creation involves 6 ingredients, 20 minutes and extreme will-power. I’m just gonna go out and say it, these are the best cookies I have ever made. They’re based off of Lee’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies which I tried when I was in Minneapolis and then proceeded to gorge on for the rest of the week.
I even used my precious Best Ever Almond Butter from my Healthy Breakfast eCookbook, which I am kind of (extremely) obsessed with. With a bit of sweetness from the honey and dried cranberries it was basically love at first bite.
I’ve since made them twice and am showing no signs of slowing down. I’ve got 6 cold months ahead of me so you better bet I am getting my bake on…Print
Grain-Free Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- 3/4 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine almond buter, honey and egg.
- Add in cocoa powder and coconut flour. Mixture should thicken (if still too wet add in a bit more coconut flour, 1 tsp at a time).
- Add in dried cranberries.
- Take 1 tbsp of dough and roll into a ball. Place on a parchment or silicone-lined baking sheet and flatten with palm. Use a fork to slightly flatten more in one direction and repeat in the other.
- Repeat process until all dough has been used (will make about 12 cookies).
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on tray for 10 minutes (do not touch as they will be too soft to eat!).
- Remove from tray and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Like this recipe? Here are a few other healthy cookie recipes you might enjoy:
- Healthy Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
- Healthy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- The Best Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!