I had a whole sassy post written for today.
p.s. The recipe name is the WORST.
Indian Coconut Pineapple Shrimp
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Keywords: cook entree coconut pineapple shrimp Indian
Ingredients (Serves: 4)
- 1 T coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 scallions , chopped (white/light green parts and dark green divided)
- 1 T curry powder
- 1 T garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (deveined and shells removed)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 cups veggies of choice (I used edamame and mushrooms)
- 1 T fish sauce
- ¼ cup fresh basil (chopped)
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup dry brown or black rice (cooked according to package instructions)
1. Thaw shrimp in cold water.
2. Heat coconut oil over medium heat.
3. Add in garlic and white/light green scallions. Cook for 2-3 mins
4. Add in spices and cook for 1 more minute.
5. Add coconut milk, fish sauce, shrimp and veggies of choice.
6. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 5 mins.
7. Stir in basil, salt and pineapple.
8. Serve over brown (or black) rice.
I’m honestly so exhausted (and a little bit tipsy) I couldn’t come up with a question if I tried. So just tell me something interesting!
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!